What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joique Bell (3 Viewers)

start Murray, he is going to get 25 touches to Bell's 12-15 and is a much better bet for a TD. going to catch a lot of passes as well. unless you think Bell is going to more than double Murray's YPC Murray is the way to go. there is a chance the Lions are routing the Cardinals early and Bell climbs toward 15-20 rushes but it's more likely he gets 9-12 carries and 3 catches.
The Steelers have given up, like, 8 rushing touchdowns to runners this year. Murray isn't any better of a bet for a TD than Bell is, IMO. If Murray doesn't score, it's feasible he gets 25 touches for 65-70 yards.Hence, the remotest consideration for Bell.

This is the textbook definition of a WTH flex. Ballsy to play the WTH types in the playoffs. But I'm fed up with the temptation to start J. Dwyer types who only have value if they score. Bell looks like a poor man Sproles right now, and Arizona is a great matchup (as Fitz's pop said) now that AZ has all but given up. The timeshare looks more and more like a fifty-fifty split and that's tipping the scales toward a high floor for Bell. What the heck! No guts no glory right?
Pretty much how I'm viewing it, yeah. My options aren't exactly lighting the world on fire. Had rostered just about every Denver back not named Moreno in this setup for the stretch run. That's worked out great. :yucky: In this particular league, it's going to be a question of playing either Bradshaw(no), Murray(terrible matchup), Montell Owens(no) or Bell. I could start more than one of them, but I'm only required to start a single runner. Of that crop Bell clearly has the best matchup, and since it's a PPR he should score something regardless of how the Lions use the two backs this week.

I don't enjoy having to entertain the idea of having Joique freaking Bell as the custodian of my playoff hopes at RB for the week....but I'm at least considering it and not thinking it's completely asinine at this point. I don't necessarily believe he's better than LeShoure at all. That's not part of the equation to me. He was already getting catches though, and now he could be in line for double digit carries too, against what should be an ace matchup. That's all I'm chasing here if I do, indeed, decide to roll him out there.
start Murray, he is going to get 25 touches to Bell's 12-15 and is a much better bet for a TD. going to catch a lot of passes as well. unless you think Bell is going to more than double Murray's YPC Murray is the way to go. there is a chance the Lions are routing the Cardinals early and Bell climbs toward 15-20 rushes but it's more likely he gets 9-12 carries and 3 catches.
I have the same choice, Murray or Bell. But seeing as I am starting Stafford, Calvin, and Scheffler, I think Bell might be overdoing it.I will be at the game though, and there's nothing cooler than watching your fantasy guys do well live. But I think I'm sticking with Murray. I agree that Murray is going to get more carries and has a better chance for a TD. Bell could get lucky and get a bunch of 2nd half carries, but you know Murray will see the ball a lot.

I'm in a similar boat, I have Bell, Ridley and Owens and need one as my RB2 to go with TRich. For what it's worth I'm probably going to start Ridley and hope for another NE blowout and some garbage time padding. However, Ridley against SF along with the fact that Woody and Vereen are in the mix doesn't make me all that comfortable. I see Ridley getting 15 carries for about 60 yds and a 50/50 shot at a TD. Owens I think is gonna be hit or miss, and I just can't trust a 4th string RB on the Jags in my semifinal game...though he's guaranteed to get all the touches, albeit against a fairly good MIA run D.

So that leaves Bell with a great matchup, in what seems to be an evenly split time share. I think the Lions are gonna be up early and both backs will see about 15 touches, the question comes down to who gets the goal line looks and who breaks off the long run. I think Leshoure will get first crack at the end zone, and if the Lions are up big and get back near the GL,I think they give Bell his shot. I also think Bell is more capable of taking a swing pass or run for the long gain.

In the end I think Ridley, Owens and Bell will all put up around 12-14 points, Ridley is a safe choice and proven commodity on a high scoring team with a bad matchup. Owens is a lock for touches on a terrible low scoring team with a poor matchup and Bell is splitting time on a team that should run the ball a ton in a blowout.

So who has the most upside and least downside... It just might be Bell... What do you guys think?

I'm in a similar boat, I have Bell, Ridley and Owens and need one as my RB2 to go with TRich. For what it's worth I'm probably going to start Ridley and hope for another NE blowout and some garbage time padding. However, Ridley against SF along with the fact that Woody and Vereen are in the mix doesn't make me all that comfortable. I see Ridley getting 15 carries for about 60 yds and a 50/50 shot at a TD. Owens I think is gonna be hit or miss, and I just can't trust a 4th string RB on the Jags in my semifinal game...though he's guaranteed to get all the touches, albeit against a fairly good MIA run D.So that leaves Bell with a great matchup, in what seems to be an evenly split time share. I think the Lions are gonna be up early and both backs will see about 15 touches, the question comes down to who gets the goal line looks and who breaks off the long run. I think Leshoure will get first crack at the end zone, and if the Lions are up big and get back near the GL,I think they give Bell his shot. I also think Bell is more capable of taking a swing pass or run for the long gain. In the end I think Ridley, Owens and Bell will all put up around 12-14 points, Ridley is a safe choice and proven commodity on a high scoring team with a bad matchup. Owens is a lock for touches on a terrible low scoring team with a poor matchup and Bell is splitting time on a team that should run the ball a ton in a blowout.So who has the most upside and least downside... It just might be Bell... What do you guys think?
Ridley appears to be the best back, I would go with him.

I'm in a similar boat, I have Bell, Ridley and Owens and need one as my RB2 to go with TRich. For what it's worth I'm probably going to start Ridley and hope for another NE blowout and some garbage time padding. However, Ridley against SF along with the fact that Woody and Vereen are in the mix doesn't make me all that comfortable. I see Ridley getting 15 carries for about 60 yds and a 50/50 shot at a TD. Owens I think is gonna be hit or miss, and I just can't trust a 4th string RB on the Jags in my semifinal game...though he's guaranteed to get all the touches, albeit against a fairly good MIA run D.So that leaves Bell with a great matchup, in what seems to be an evenly split time share. I think the Lions are gonna be up early and both backs will see about 15 touches, the question comes down to who gets the goal line looks and who breaks off the long run. I think Leshoure will get first crack at the end zone, and if the Lions are up big and get back near the GL,I think they give Bell his shot. I also think Bell is more capable of taking a swing pass or run for the long gain. In the end I think Ridley, Owens and Bell will all put up around 12-14 points, Ridley is a safe choice and proven commodity on a high scoring team with a bad matchup. Owens is a lock for touches on a terrible low scoring team with a poor matchup and Bell is splitting time on a team that should run the ball a ton in a blowout.So who has the most upside and least downside... It just might be Bell... What do you guys think?
Ridley appears to be the best back, I would go with him.
Appearances can be deceiving!

More touches than Leshoure this week. I think they at least split the rest of the year
Man, Leshoure looks bad. But the Lions aren't doing him any favors with their play calling. Bell is the better RB for their system, no doubt.
Leshoure is just a plodder without much natural ablilty. I have watched every game this season and he never makes anyone miss..if the hole is there he can get through it..but so can any other NFL RB. Bell looks much better at this point.
The utilization of Leshoure and Bell in Detroit is as bad as how Lynch was used in Buffalo in his early years right before he was traded to Seattle. People keep on claiming Bell is a better fit for Detroit offense are fooling themselves. Bell and Leshoure are very similar RB's who were both great in college for being power guys. Bell is not much more nimble than Leshoure. These 2 rb's are are continuously running out of shot gun and having to make guys miss as opposed to being able to run through guys and they are not given any room to get going down hill. Leshoure at 6'0" 233 lbs, and Bell at 5'11" 220 lbs are down hill guys as they both don't have blazing speed Leshoure did run a 4.56 which is fast for his size. Bell is a 4.6 guy. These types of backs are built for a large number of carries and to wear a defence down ala Lynch in Seattle.The Lions do have a guy that is better suited for this type of offense, but he may never play another down of football again (Javhid Best).Yesterday Collinsworth kept on saying taht Bell could be a great fit for this offense. He has had a couple of nice runs that have inflated his numbers as a COP guy, but he is no different or better than Leshoure. These guys should follow a full back and smash it down teams throats.-Last night Bell had 49 yards on 12 carries -Leshoure last night had 49 yards on 14 carriesPeople are going to say but on the year Bell has a 5.2 ypc. Well in 9 of their 13 games he has not averaged 5 ypc. In fact I would venture to guess that his YPC with more carries would be the same as Leshoure. Also, just because Bell has more receptions he is no more fluid than Leshoure out of the back field. Bell has just played more 3rd downs and received more dump offs and targets. Even last night Bell had 5 receptions but it is not as if they were tough receiving plays. Leshoure has caught 26 of the 36 balls thrown his way, Bell has caught 39 of the 51 balls thrown his way. There really is not much difference between these 2 guys at the moment.Even when you watch these guys play they are the same type of RB and look quite similar. Leshoure to me has more upside due to youth. You would have to assume he continues to improve as he is only 22 years of age and coming off a significant foot injury that forced him to miss a year of action. Right now Leshoure has caught 26 passes and he is not even playing 3rd down duties at this time. He will get more of those opportunites in time as he is a good blocker and capable.Regardless Bell has been pretty good, but to me these guys are capped due to the offense they play in.
Lynch ran a 4.46 40.

Yeah. I've been really struggling at my flex spot soIm starting him over Dwyer and powell
Deciding between Bell and Powell at RB2.oof.It seems Powell get a touchdown more often though.It doesn't matter though, I have other a lot of other injuriesto deal with.Any given Sunday though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I've been really struggling at my flex spot soIm starting him over Dwyer and powell
Deciding between Bell and Powell at RB2.oof.It seems Powell get a touchdown more often though.It doesn't matter though, I have other a lot of other injuriesto deal with.Any given Sunday though.
This is so tough. In a similar boat. Have to select 2 of Murray/Ridley/Bell in a PPR. Ridley is on the bench at the moment. He put up garbage against Sea and the late TD was a saving grace v Houston. Bell at least gets catches, so I feel he is an OK play this week.

Yeah.. I'm trying to decide between Bell, M. Austin and B. Lloyd for my flex spot. If Dez is ruled out it will make this decision pretty easy. But otherwise I can't afford another Austin or Lloyd dudd and Bell seems like he might be the safest play against AZ.

I have Austin, Witten and DeMarco so I'm considering starting Joique over DeMarco so I'm not too invested in the Cowboys against the Steelers this week.. But I dunno, that might be a bit crazy

'CentralPA said:
'Leroy Hoard said:
'lukinrats said:
I have to choose between Bell and Mcfadden. Most "experts" have Mcfadden pretty high in the rankings, but I don't really know why that is. I assume its just because he is playing KC, but I don't really remember him doing much against them the first time they played. Any insight on this choice would be welcomed, but I think I am rolling with Bell
KC is bad on run defense. I also see a consensus of 15 > 33 in their rankings. McFadden would be my play.
Yeah, no way in hell i'd play Bell over a "healthy" McFadden but that is just me.
FWIW, I'm trying to pick two out of DMC, Bell, Powell, and Bryce (non-PPR). Think I'm going with DMC and Bell. If I had to pick one, I'd roll with DMC.

'nyy45 said:
Am I crazy for considering Joique over Murray this week?
this is now 3 or 4 people considering this move. It might work out of course but the odds clearly say the move is to play Murray. just look at the touches, Murray has 44 carries and 8 catches in the 2 games since he has come back. Bell's last 6 games he has totaled 46 carries and his last 4 games he totaled 8 catches. Murray has scored each of the last 2 weeks, Bell has 2 TDs in his last 12 games. LeShoure remains the primary GL back and will get half the carries. It's possible it will be like JAX in week 9 where Bell had the whole 4th quarter to himself and got a TD to have his best game of the season but it's more likely he will get 9-12 rushes for probably 45-60 yards with a few catches. Murray will get 20-25 rushes and 4 catches with a better shot at a TD. one guy is going to touch the ball twice as much with a better shot at a TD.

one guy is going to touch the ball twice as much with a better shot at a TD.
I don't know that Murray is going to have a better shot at a touchdown. Pittsburgh run defense is strong. "Better shot" in the sense that he'll touch the ball more and could break one? Sure, fine. I can see arguing that logic.Expecting Murray to score a touchdown as a given though....is pretty much going against every scrap of evidence the Steelers D has provided to date in '12. They just haven't given up many rushing TDs.Not saying I've decided to bench Murray for Bell at this point, but I don't think it's as cut and dried as you're making it out to be. Particularly in a PPR league. Murray could wind up with 25 total touches, yes. And he could just as easily wind up with only 65 or 70 total yards on those touches(as he did last week). If Murray doesn't find the EZ, Bell probably has just a good a chance to get the same, or greater, yardage totals on less touches due to his matchup...with the shot that he gets a larger load if the game gets out of hand.I haven't made up my mind yet, because I don't see Murray as the clear winner in the argument this week. That's the rub.

one guy is going to touch the ball twice as much with a better shot at a TD.
I don't know that Murray is going to have a better shot at a touchdown. Pittsburgh run defense is strong. "Better shot" in the sense that he'll touch the ball more and could break one? Sure, fine. I can see arguing that logic.Expecting Murray to score a touchdown as a given though....is pretty much going against every scrap of evidence the Steelers D has provided to date in '12. They just haven't given up many rushing TDs.Not saying I've decided to bench Murray for Bell at this point, but I don't think it's as cut and dried as you're making it out to be. Particularly in a PPR league. Murray could wind up with 25 total touches, yes. And he could just as easily wind up with only 65 or 70 total yards on those touches(as he did last week). If Murray doesn't find the EZ, Bell probably has just a good a chance to get the same, or greater, yardage totals on less touches due to his matchup...with the shot that he gets a larger load if the game gets out of hand.I haven't made up my mind yet, because I don't see Murray as the clear winner in the argument this week. That's the rub.
Bell should get more yards per carry and catch for sure, but the touch difference should make that up. you can't expect much more than 5 YPC for Bell or much less than 3 YPC for Murray (could be higher and lower but don't think you can expect more or less). so Murray 22-66 will get you a point or two more than Bell's 10-50. as far as shot at a TD, if the Cowboys are at the 1 yard line Murray will get his shot. it's doubtful anyone but Murray will get a rushing TD for Dallas and average RB against the Steelers has scored a TD 62% of the time this year so I'll give Murray a 60% shot at a TD. Arizona has allowed 9 rushing TDs compared to the Steelers 8 (even with the Cardinals giving up 4 last week) so taken ridiculously literally again a team has a 69% shot at a TD vs them. LeShoure is probably a 2-1 favorite for the TD so Bell probably has a 25% shot at a TD. that's how I see it, I don't expect everyone to see it the same way but just giving you my take

I totally get what you are saying. What I'm saying is that I feel it's doubtful that ANYONE gets a rushing TD vs. Pittsburgh this week. So "TD for Murray" vs. "No TD for Bell" is nearly moot, to me anyway. Neither is likely to find the EZ this week. Trust me, I'm looking to be talked out of Bell completely(I'm currently planning no starting Murray). I just don't think that argument is doing it.

The more this is discussed, the more I think it won't matter which guy is used. Both are probably going to produce similarly from a total yards standpoint. The catch, that i see, is that Bell might do it more as a receiver....which would wind up amounting to more points due to PPR.

Murray is certainly safer. He'll get his touches...but against that D he may not doing much with them. Bell isn't safe, but has a "lottery ticket" shot to put up a big line due to matchup....and his floor is might higher than I'm giving him credit for, again due to matchup.

Bumping this thread to get a more detailed discussion going on J. Bell. He looked really good today, although his first TD/fumble looked awfully similar to the Ronnie Hillman goal-line fumble from preseason. He was consistently shedding tacklers and running downhill. He had no problems getting YAC and seemed to come in for entire drives, even when they reached the goal-line. Most importantly, I saw him blow up some blitzers with his pass blocking. It seems he will get 10-15 touches a game regularly in this offense. That makes him an interesting flex option and bye week fill-in.

Of course, if Bush goes down, Bell would easily be an RB1, perhaps even better than Bush himself because I see Bell as a better overall runner.

I think Bell is going to have a great season. He gets GL work on a high powered offense, he gets the run out the clock duty, Catches the ball well and works in regularly during the games. When Bush is healthy, Belll brings fresh legs against a tired D. When Bush misses time, you have a 20 touch back with major upside.

I dunno if better runner. Reggie was running like a champ today. He had 2 TD runs that were overturned due to his knee being down on the half yard line before ball crossed the plane. Reggie was the goal line RB on those plays. Bell came in and took one in after and then Fauria got the other. It looks like the Lions are gonna ride Reggie as far as he can go. But Bell definitely is the handcuff and would shine in his place.

Bell is sat on waivers in my league.

What % of my budget do you think he is worth, given my RB2 is David Wilson.....

Surprised to see this guy on anyone's waivers. I drafted him failrly late in 2 of my 3 drafts (12-14th round) and kicked myself for waiting too long on the draft I missed on him. I've said it before, I think Reggie Bush is way overrated and will disappoint his fantasy owners. I don't doubt his talent, but just think he's going to be injured sooner than later. When that happens, look at Joique Bell to have RB1 potential in that Lions offense. I wasn't expecting RB1 numbers so soon. At the very least, even in a timeshare with Bush, he's a reliable flex start in PPR leagues.

It seems he will get 10-15 touches a game regularly in this offense.
Hopefully this prediction is based on more than just the fact that he had 11 touches yesterday. I'm not sure I'd use yesterday's game on its own to say that Bell seems like he's on his way to 160-240 touches this season. Neither would I use yesterday's game to say that it seems like Bush will get 25 touches regularly (400 for the season).

The Lions ran nearly 80 plays yesterday. They had 28 first downs and had the ball for over 36 minutes. That won't do that every game.

Hopefully this prediction is based on more than just the fact that he had 11 touches yesterday. I'm not sure I'd use yesterday's game on its own to say that Bell seems like he's on his way to 160-240 touches this season. Neither would I use yesterday's game to say that it seems like Bush will get 25 touches regularly (400 for the season).

The Lions ran nearly 80 plays yesterday. They had 28 first downs and had the ball for over 36 minutes. That won't do that every game.
Until Broyles comes back, when they double team Calvin, Bush and Bell are the only talent out there.

My projection was based on a combination of factors:

(1) Bell has been emerging as an offensive talent since the middle of last year.

(2) In the last ten games last year, he averaged 9.5 touches as the COP back to LeShoure;

(3) Bell has overtaken LeShoure as the #2 RB for the Lions (LeShoure was a healthy scratch for game 1);

(4) The Lions have an uptempo offense which leads to a higher than average number of offensive plays a game - last year, the Lions averaged 75 offensive plays a game;

(5) Reggie Bush is not only an injury risk, but tends to get nicked up during games and takes himself out pretty often. He has been like that ever since he entered the league.

Thus, I projected a modest up tick in Bell's touches. I realize that there is potential for great variation week-to-week and that Bell benefited from a couple of short TDs this week that may or may not happen in other games. At the same time, I think you have to look at Bell getting a real piece of the offensive pie this year. With Bush being able to run routes as well (it looks like Broyles was also a healthy scratch for game one), there is room to get Bell in the backfield on more snaps. By the way, the snap count in yesterday's game was 55 for Bush and 28 for Bell. There were 80 total plays for the Lions, so there were at least three plays in which both Bush and Bell were on the field at the same time.

I will amend my statement on Bell v. Bush running to say that Bell looks like a better between the tackles runner. That combined with his solid blocking will help keep him on the field this year. And Bell's involvement should help keep Bush more healthy, although I still feel he will break down at some point.

My projection was based on a combination of factors:

(1) Bell has been emerging as an offensive talent since the middle of last year.

(2) In the last ten games last year, he averaged 9.5 touches as the COP back to LeShoure;

(3) Bell has overtaken LeShoure as the #2 RB for the Lions (LeShoure was a healthy scratch for game 1);

(4) The Lions have an uptempo offense which leads to a higher than average number of offensive plays a game - last year, the Lions averaged 75 offensive plays a game;

(5) Reggie Bush is not only an injury risk, but tends to get nicked up during games and takes himself out pretty often. He has been like that ever since he entered the league.

Thus, I projected a modest up tick in Bell's touches. I realize that there is potential for great variation week-to-week and that Bell benefited from a couple of short TDs this week that may or may not happen in other games. At the same time, I think you have to look at Bell getting a real piece of the offensive pie this year. With Bush being able to run routes as well (it looks like Broyles was also a healthy scratch for game one), there is room to get Bell in the backfield on more snaps.

I will amend my statement on Bell v. Bush running to say that Bell looks like a better between the tackles runner. That combined with his solid blocking will help keep him on the field this year. And Bell's involvement should help keep Bush more healthy, although I still feel he will break down at some point.
Thanks. Good stuff. Didn't realize Detroit averaged that many plays last year. Yesterday may not have been as far from the norm as I was initially thinking. (And, honestly, didn't really know how productive Bell was last year until now. :bag: )

Bell had 31% of the RB touches last year and 31% yesterday.

I think I'm moving Pierre Thomas for Bell. Someone tell me if this is really dumb. Saints looking like a legit toss-up as to who will score points, and Bell (at least Wk 1) looking like he'll get TD opportunities every week.

I think I'm moving Pierre Thomas for Bell. Someone tell me if this is really dumb. Saints looking like a legit toss-up as to who will score points, and Bell (at least Wk 1) looking like he'll get TD opportunities every week.
personally I would, but then again I also own bell.I think bell is a flex / marginal bye week fill in as it is, legit rb1 if bush is out.

I would not take Pierre Thomas in trade for Joique Bell.

1) Bell can outscore him as a flex even in the current situation.

2) Bell has RB1 upside that Thomas will never have in the Saints offense

3) Too many guys have to be injured to ensure any value for Thomas where Bell is a nagging groin injury from being a bellcow, at least as far as touches (rush + catches). Think Kevin Smith of a couple of years ago.

Thomas has value, but Bell has more. Bell would be a legit starter if Bush goes down, but you could plug him in now and get low end RB2 production (60 total yards and the occasional TD). Thomas COULD emerge as the "starter" in NO, but he's only going to have FF starter appeal if Sproles gets hurt.

I'm not sold that Bell is going to get all the goal-line work. Bush had two short TDs called back in the opener - one from the 1, one from the 7.

That said, Bell is pretty versatile and has potential to be involved in the offense in a lot of different ways. I'd take him over Thomas.

Thomas has value, but Bell has more. Bell would be a legit starter if Bush goes down, but you could plug him in now and get low end RB2 production (60 total yards and the occasional TD). Thomas COULD emerge as the "starter" in NO, but he's only going to have FF starter appeal if Sproles gets hurt.
I remember owning Sproles last year and when he went down, I thought PT would be a stud. But it didn't turn out that way. Instead, Lance Moore went off in Sproles absense. PT comes up with a studly game when nobody is expecting it. Good luck guessing which game that is.

Bell is sat on waivers in my league.

What % of my budget do you think he is worth, given my RB2 is David Wilson.....
In my PPR league last year, Bell was RB23 as a role player. That was basically playing behind Mikel and Kevin Smith even for most of the year. Bell and Wilson would be a nice RB2 combo to play. You could Lean Bell initially until Wilson shows you something in consecutive weeks. Bell = good, now the opportunity is >

By the way, Bell is a restricted free agent at the end of this year. It would be interesting to see if another team steps up to bid for him. His current salary is pretty cheap, $800K or something like that.

By the way, Bell is a restricted free agent at the end of this year. It would be interesting to see if another team steps up to bid for him. His current salary is pretty cheap, $800K or something like that.
Wow, I wasn't aware of this--I got him on the cheap in my dynasty league and there is no way I'm dealing him. If live to see a prolific offense sign him to a lucrative deal next season. That said, I can't see the Lions not matching

Wow, I wasn't aware of this--I got him on the cheap in my dynasty league and there is no way I'm dealing him. If live to see a prolific offense sign him to a lucrative deal next season. That said, I can't see the Lions not matching
Here is a link:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/joique-bell/

Bush is already dinged up. I expect Bell to see a bigger load going forward to keep Bush healthy for the season. I've got him plugged into my flex spot this week and expecting good things.

Never stops surprising me how many people think starting backup RB's is a good plan, somehow.

Bush's overturned plays are the only reason Bell managed a flukey good result. On an average day for him, he's going to have practically no value, barring injury to Bush.

Just a completely foolish play, kind of like the Tate players this past week. Wonder if they'll repeat the mistake?

Never stops surprising me how many people think starting backup RB's is a good plan, somehow.

Bush's overturned plays are the only reason Bell managed a flukey good result. On an average day for him, he's going to have practically no value, barring injury to Bush.

Just a completely foolish play, kind of like the Tate players this past week. Wonder if they'll repeat the mistake?
I think the variance in leagues and lineups makes people do this. I'm not sure that people don't want McCoy, Wilson, Lacy, as their first three RBs, but it doesn't happen if you happened to draft a top TE or WR.

Terms like "starting" and "backup" don't apply as clearly as they did 5 years ago, and the two teams you mentioned are probably the best examples right now.

:no:

Even if you take away Bell's TDs last week, he still had 4 other carries for 22 yards and 5 catches for 67 yards. That is 13.9 points in PPR. That is very solid for a flex starter.

Joique Bell is starting to have that Fred Jackson type of feel from a few years back.

Bell is better then I gave him credit for and with a larger work load he may actually be a very good starting RB in the NFL. Problem is I don't know if that will ever come.

No, I'm sure he's just dandy in PPR, much like cornerbacks who can't cover are in IDP leauges.

I'm referring of course, to standard leagues, where on-field mediocrity isn't actually rewarded.

No, I'm sure he's just dandy in PPR, much like cornerbacks who can't cover are in IDP leauges.

I'm referring of course, to standard leagues, where on-field mediocrity isn't actually rewarded.
Okay, leave out the PPR and he still had 89 total yards and two scores. That is on-field mediocrity? Okay. And don't give me the "his scores were flukey" nonsense. He scored twice. It matters. No, he is not gonna score every week, but he should get enough touches every week to be a very solid flex player on a consistent basis, PPR or not.

Users who are viewing this thread