What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Maclin (2 Viewers)

Great news...weird how he was crying on the sidelines...it seems he thought it was much worse.

Going into the season I thought Maclin's floor was as rock solid as anyone's.  The stats simply have not been there even in some cake matchups (and there are still some great matchups going forward).

Any thoughts from owners?  Buy low?  Hold?  Drop? :unsure:

Going into the season I thought Maclin's floor was as rock solid as anyone's.  The stats simply have not been there even in some cake matchups (and there are still some great matchups going forward).

Any thoughts from owners?  Buy low?  Hold?  Drop? :unsure:
All we can do it hold at this point. Selling now would be minimal value. 

He should have been a lock for 100+ receptions.  It's bizarre how underutilized he's been. 

Cant help but feel he has bigger games coming - when one does, immediately start burning up your trade hotline. lol

Probably going to drop him. Just can't justify keeping as I have Beckham, Marshall, Marvin Jones and Tyrell Williams in a start 2 WR and 1 RB/WR flex league. Bench needs room for potential RBs to breakout down the stretch. 

He's had two good matchups on paper last two weeks and hasn't been of any use since week 1 ( non PPR ), told myself I'd have to let go if he didn't do anything yesterday. May regret it but can't see who else to drop. 

Unfortunately for Maclin owners - and Kelce owners, for that matter - Smith has been spreading the ball out a lot more than the past few years as opposed to focusing on on those two. That and the team has been very run heavy the past few weeks, with Smith not airing it out much.

Not sure if things will change...

I am dropping Maclin like a hot potato falling from Andy Reid's over sized ladle during dinner time.

Stick a fork in him. That new guy Tyreek Hill is good...and he's in the mix with like 10 other dudes. Even if Maclin gets a long pass in a game...He might not see another for two more weeks.

This is why I hate NFL coaches. They think you can just flip a switch......you gotta build continuity with your QB and star players. If the Chiefs were to make it into the playoffs....and all of a sudden you need Maclin to make plays.....he could easily not be in sync because he's been on the shelf all season. I don't understand why he's not getting fed, I'd be P.O. if I was him......You think this is a team game...HA! Bet his agent and him are wondering what the heck is going on behind the scenes.

Never again will I own a receiver with Alex Smith as the QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am dropping Maclin like a hot potato falling from Andy Reid's over sized ladle during dinner time.

Stick a fork in him. That new guy Tyreek Hill is good...and he's in the mix with like 10 other dudes. Even if Maclin gets a long pass in a game...He might not see another for two more weeks.

This is why I hate NFL coaches. They think you can just flip a switch......you gotta build continuity with your QB and star players. If the Chiefs were to make it into the playoffs....and all of a sudden you need Maclin to make plays.....he could easily not be in sync because he's been on the shelf all season. I don't understand why he's not getting fed, I'd be P.O. if I was him......You think this is a team game...HA! Bet his agent and him are wondering what the heck is going on behind the scenes.
Yes, this team is 4-2 and Smith is playing efficient (largely) mistake-free football. Sucks for Maclin (and Kelce) owners, but Smith is being coached properly to spread the ball around and take what the defense gives him.

Keep dreaming, boys. I got Moncrief back from injury and am benching Maclin permanently. I suggest you follow suit.

Keep dreaming, boys. I got Moncrief back from injury and am benching Maclin permanently. I suggest you follow suit.
You suggest I get a better WR back from injury and bench Madlin. 

Thanks for that sage advice.  :unsure:

if I should happen to find a better WR to use in the next 3 days or if Moncrief magically appears on my roster I'll certainly take that into consideration. 

My point is that there is no pot of gold at the end of the Maclin rainbow, no matter what the QB scenario. Don't worry, Moncrief has a week 10 bye. I will be right back here slurping all the false Maclin hope as I start him.

Thinking hard about dropping Maclin for this week's Shark Pool darling, CJ Prosise.  

4 catches, 50 yards and the rare TD doesn't seem worth holding onto.

If you guys haven't dropped him after this latest groin injury, you are part of the Elite Maclin Love Posse. (I just pulled the trigger, dumped Maclin and picked up Steve Smith to cover a bye.) I just don't see how anyone can hope for anything substantial from him at this point during the 2016 season. Too many things working against him.

He's been benched - I refuse to let him leave as a FA only to go on to glory on another team after loafing for me since game 1, so I've benched him. He can watch as other players perform on the field. Even if he's healthy he'll languish mommy bench. 

hey, if it worked with Payton benching Ingram, maybe it'll light a fire under Maclin. 

:wall:

Thought I got a steal in PPR in the 7th round. :doh:  

I'm holding on if I can.....the end of schedule is nice minus the 2 DEN games. @CAR, TB, @DEN, @ATL, OAK, TEN, DEN.

He could do well down the stretch if his injury doesn't linger.

I'm holding on if I can.....the end of schedule is nice minus the 2 DEN games. @CAR, TB, @DEN, @ATL, OAK, TEN, DEN.

He could do well down the stretch if his injury doesn't linger.
I am holding as my wr4.  but I'm not starting him until he's healthy and I ee the targets increase.  tb, atl, oak, tn could push kc to throw

In one league I cut him for JJ Nelson.  In the other league I traded him for Tyrell Williams. Last week was the final straw - too much headache waiting for the one game where he might bust out for 70 and a score.

Jeremy Maclin admits his 2016 "wasn’t up to my standards."

"I just … I didn’t play as well as I could have," Maclin said, admitting the obvious. "And by not playing well, I feel like I let my team down. And that’s the most important part of it." Maclin was slowed by a groin injury for much of the season. Still only 29, there's no reason Maclin can't physically bounce back, though Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill will be major stumbling blocks on the way to a 1,000-yard campaign. Maclin is best treated as a WR4/5 in fantasy.

Source: Kansas City Star 
May 23 - 7:37 PM

I have to assume he catches on somewhere, perhaps somewhere better than with ASmith. Last year was a bust hopefully there's an improvement.

He sure seems to fit for a lot of teams. Just turned 29. Seems like a Davis-Raiders move.
Clearly he is good enough to land a job and help a team. But for fantasy, can he walk into a WR1 role? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any such opportunities. Can he walk into a WR2 role? I'm not sure... what are the possibilities, and how valuable might they be for fantasy purposes? It is kind of late in the offseason for a team to have a WR1/WR2 need, barring injury.

Andy Reid went to Maclin's wedding 2 weeks ago, now he is released. If that doesn't indicate why players should have no trust in their coaches, I don't know what would.

Hopefully the team at least waited until after his honeymoon was over...

Clearly he is good enough to land a job and help a team. But for fantasy, can he walk into a WR1 role? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any such opportunities. Can he walk into a WR2 role? I'm not sure... what are the possibilities, and how valuable might they be for fantasy purposes? It is kind of late in the offseason for a team to have a WR1/WR2 need, barring injury.
I wouldn't mind seeing him line up opposite Sammy Watkins in Buffalo. It'd put less pressure on Zay Jones and would let him develop some as a slot guy.

Most likely a salary cap move for the Chiefs. Maclin won't be out of work long; there are a number of teams that could use Maclin. I don't know the cap ramifications to teams signing Maclin off waivers  

The Chiefs do not have a ready replacement for Maclin.  Conley's stock clearly goes up with this news.  Demarcus Robinson turned some heads at OTAs, and he is worth monitoring especially in Dynasty formats. Tyreek Hill and Travis Kielce will be relied upon heavily. 

EDIT TO ADD:  I wonder what this says about the Chiefs' timetable for Mahomes. A depleted receiving corps is less of a handicap for Alex Smith. I cannot imagine Andy Reid throwing Mahomes out there this season even late set up for failure. 

According to the Kansas City Star, free agent Jeremy Maclin "looked spry" in OTA practices and ran with the first-team offense prior to his shocking Friday night release.

Cap expert Joel Corry indicated Maclin's release may have been almost entirely salary-cap related. The Chiefs' only other high-salary, cut-able veteran was Tamba Hali, but his salary is guaranteed. "They had the most cap commitments of anyone in the league for 2018 prior to the (Maclin) move," Corry said. "They’re going to have to do something else next year. They’re not in good shape, cap-wise." The Chiefs' likeliest 2018 move for cap relief is moving on from Alex Smith.

Related: Chiefs

Source: Kansas City Star 

Jun 2 - 10:14 PM

Very strange. But as a dynasty Maclin owner, I'd rather take my chances with Maclin almost anywhere else than KC. It's going to be interesting to see where he ends up.
Good point! At first I was like wtf, this sucks... but it'll hopefully mean a more heavy WR passing team will snag him.( But his first year there was pretty good: 87/1088/8........)

I hope he lands fast- and he fits right in.

Users who are viewing this thread