What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Nicks now just a mediocre fantasy WR? (1 Viewer)

I'm likely benching him for Denarious Moore and Brandon Lloyd. He's playing hurt and Eli hasn't looked too sharp lately.

Hakeem Nicks (knee) was at least a limited participant in Thursday's practice.Nicks' left knee was heavily wrapped as he did the walkthrough and ran routes in one-on-one drills. It's a sign he intends on playing in Sunday's game against the Bengals. We should have more details from coach Tom Coughlin following practice. Nicks hasn't topped 53 yards or scored a touchdown in any of his last four games, but still possesses monster upside anytime he's active.

I'm almost disappointed he is practicing. It took the guesswork out of who to start this week.

I benched him in one game this year, and he put up 47 points.

This is why I questioned the earlier reports of him missing the entire week of practice. I couldn't find a single report that actually had a quote from anyone related to the team that said they were shutting him down from practice all week.

I think that every report was based on one poorly titled one. It's unfortunate that we live in a world of instant information, but so much of that information is just wrong.

This is why I questioned the earlier reports of him missing the entire week of practice. I couldn't find a single report that actually had a quote from anyone related to the team that said they were shutting him down from practice all week.I think that every report was based on one poorly titled one. It's unfortunate that we live in a world of instant information, but so much of that information is just wrong.
You dont get wrong info if you know the right place to look. Is just a matter of being smart and considering the source. Inbox me if you want a list of top notch beat writers and inside peeps for the Gmen. THese guys will NOT steer you wrong.

This is why I questioned the earlier reports of him missing the entire week of practice. I couldn't find a single report that actually had a quote from anyone related to the team that said they were shutting him down from practice all week.I think that every report was based on one poorly titled one. It's unfortunate that we live in a world of instant information, but so much of that information is just wrong.
You dont get wrong info if you know the right place to look. Is just a matter of being smart and considering the source. Inbox me if you want a list of top notch beat writers and inside peeps for the Gmen. THese guys will NOT steer you wrong.
I appreciate it, but I have a pretty good list of trustworthy beat writers that I use. Usually I'm good at tracking down the accurate info, and that's why I was confused about the reports that came out yesterday saying that he was out for the week. Even ESPN started reporting the info.It's frustrating when supposedly respectable outlets just steal reports from other outlets that have given false info. That's how speculation becomes "fact".I

I appreciate it, but I have a pretty good list of trustworthy beat writers that I use. Usually I'm good at tracking down the accurate info, and that's why I was confused about the reports that came out yesterday saying that he was out for the week. Even ESPN started reporting the info.It's frustrating when supposedly respectable outlets just steal reports from other outlets that have given false info. That's how speculation becomes "fact".
I have better sources than you, but OK if you insist.. Good luck trying to figure out if Hakeem is healthy or not..

I appreciate it, but I have a pretty good list of trustworthy beat writers that I use. Usually I'm good at tracking down the accurate info, and that's why I was confused about the reports that came out yesterday saying that he was out for the week. Even ESPN started reporting the info.It's frustrating when supposedly respectable outlets just steal reports from other outlets that have given false info. That's how speculation becomes "fact".
I have better sources than you, but OK if you insist.. Good luck trying to figure out if Hakeem is healthy or not..
Sorry guy, I wasn't trying to offend you. I own one Giants player and have gotten accurate info whenever I've needed it in the past (which is why I questioned the info that was posted yesterday, because it WASN'T reported by the people I trust).

Nicks says he will play this week, per Youngmisuk. He also said the swelling has gone down since the game

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: :lmao:

When asking about his low stats, Nicks responding by saying "stats are for girls".

Hakeem Nicks vows to play Sunday versus the Bengals after returning to practice Thursday."Yeah I'll play," said Nicks. "[Resting until after the bye] was never a thought, at least not on my behalf." After a little early-week "puffiness," the swelling in Nicks' knee has subsided. The receiver has been told by the medical staff that he's running better every week. Of his disappointing fantasy production of late, Nicks replied, "Stats are for girls."

Sorry guy, I wasn't trying to offend you. I own one Giants player and have gotten accurate info whenever I've needed it in the past (which is why I questioned the info that was posted yesterday, because it WASN'T reported by the people I trust).
you can trust me.

My link

Today, there was better news for the Giants: Nicks returned to the practice field, participating in the offensive walk-through and running routes in one-on-one drills during the portion of practice open to the media. His left knee, though, was heavily wrapped

you can trust me.
Dude, just stop. You're making us Giants fans look bad by acting like a turd. Nobody cares how much more reliable your sources are than everybody else.

you can trust me.
I'm on the internet :hophead:

Tampa Bay game aside, Is Nicks a 50 yard per game fantasy receiver or is he going to return to 100 yard plus with TD potential?
Nicks is the real deal.You cant underestimate the value of practice. The other teammates have been working with Eli every day the whole time Nicks was out. He comes back, he's not 100% and hes not in game shape. You gotta believe it's gonna take at least 2-3 weeks to get back where he needs to be and maybe a little more time to re-develop that chemistry with Eli.Nicks skill set is partly based on good route running, but also based on some leaping ability. Speed was never his strongest asset. This is more of a confidence issue and is also partly a Manning issue as he hasnt played exceptionally well of late either.He will be back.and he has a good matchup this week. If you are gonna buy low On Nicks, now is the time.

Tampa Bay game aside, Is Nicks a 50 yard per game fantasy receiver or is he going to return to 100 yard plus with TD potential?
Nicks is the real deal.You cant underestimate the value of practice. The other teammates have been working with Eli every day the whole time Nicks was out. He comes back, he's not 100% and hes not in game shape. You gotta believe it's gonna take at least 2-3 weeks to get back where he needs to be and maybe a little more time to re-develop that chemistry with Eli.Nicks skill set is partly based on good route running, but also based on some leaping ability. Speed was never his strongest asset. This is more of a confidence issue and is also partly a Manning issue as he hasnt played exceptionally well of late either.He will be back.and he has a good matchup this week. If you are gonna buy low On Nicks, now is the time.
I can't speak for other leagues, but in the two where I own him, the offers have been terrible. I'm not looking to sell, but if I was, a decent offer would probably stand above the rest.The two most recent offers I've gotten for him are...Jeremy Kerley for Hakeem NicksAlex Green and Dominik Hixon for Hakeem Nicks

I can't speak for other leagues, but in the two where I own him, the offers have been terrible. I'm not looking to sell, but if I was, a decent offer would probably stand above the rest.The two most recent offers I've gotten for him are...Jeremy Kerley for Hakeem NicksAlex Green and Dominik Hixon for Hakeem Nicks
and you are smart not to accept.someone is just hoping to buy low and steal him from you. if someone is down on a player, that's how you get your steals.

and you are smart not to accept.someone is just hoping to buy low and steal him from you. if someone is down on a player, that's how you get your steals.
Right, obviously I wouldn't accept either offer. What I'm saying is that if you're looking to get Hakeem Nicks and are willing to throw out a reasonable offer, you're likely to make a deal. With all of the terrible offers I'm seeing for him, I would probably be willing to take someone like Stevie Johnson for him if I had a team where I was struggling. Personally I'm 8-1 in both leagues I own him, so I'm willing to keep him on my team and hopefully get some great playoff production.

There you go...that's what I was talking about. The trade offers that Nicks owners are receiving are so bad, that offer probably looked better than the other ones he's received.

If you believe in Nicks, it's a great time to buy him.

I traded Pierre Thomas for him straight up. It's a Marshall and Wayne owner having to start Ballard and Charles though. Guess he was sick of the headache

I'm a nicks owner and would fall over myself hitting the accept button if anyone in my league sent me an offer. No one wants to touch him though.

I'm a Nicks owner in one league and even though I rely on him heavily in that league (and have been hurt this year with his performances), I am overall still exactly where I have been with him. to me, I have no doubt of what he is and what he can be. If the injury issues are going to be an ongoing issue, then so be it, but he is simply too good to cut lose in excahnge for what I have seen people post in this threat.

My modified strategy of being a Nicks owners is that, if he is on my team, the team must have WR depth. He becomes a luxury elite Wr, not a foundation elite WR (meaning he is key and can certainly help my team win, but he can't be relied on like a Fitz, Calvin, Roddy, etc)..

Question: To those who actually watched the past couple of Giants games, how has Nicks looked?

If he's looking like he's improving in terms of his speed and route running, then his struggles can be attributed to just the team's offense waning the past few weeks.

But if he doesn't look like the physical specimen that he's known for being, then caution flags should raise.

Anyone care to chip in with what they saw?

Leon Hall is shadowing Cruz today... Looks like the Bengals are making him a top priority.

Come on Nicks!

Torrey Smith and Nicks must be buddies, because they are clearly ####ing with me.

I play Smith, he does nothing.

I sit Nicks, he does well.

I play Nicks, he does nothing.

I sit Smith, he does well.

:ptts:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: This might be the funniest thing i've ever seen posted here. I can only picture Patton Oswalt in Big Fan typing this. :lmao:

I think its safe to say that he's back even though the Giants had another piss poor showing.
I agree. He looked good out there. On top of that both him and Eli have a bye to get fully healed and get things back in order. Today was definitely a step in the right direction. He looked more like a solid WR2 today than he did a WR3 or flex.

In my 1.5 PPR league, in reverse order of most recent game to oldest game, Nicks has scored 11.5, 19.5, 19.5, 1.5, 10, 11.5, 8.5 in the past 7 games. This is decent WR3 production, but not the WR2 production expected. With the fantasy playoffs here, are folks with alternative options playing Nicks, or looking elsewhere? At my WR2 slot, I’m seriously considering benching him for one of Danario Alexander or Pierre Garcon. Wondering what everyone else thinks, not with specific regards to me, but do you view him as a must start. The matchup is juicy against the horrid Saints pass D, but it seems every week we’re waiting for Nicks to explode, but he never does, not since week 2 (his only game over 20 points all year). Watching the games (Giants always seem to be on TV), he and Eli do not appear to be on the same page. Gilbride admitted last week that Nicks is still not close to 100%, and that is affecting his play. The 10 targets last week against WAS were great, but he did not do much with them, which seems to be the same old story. Thoughts?

I have DX and M Williams I could start over him and might if I make it farther into the playoffs, but I can't sit him this week against NO.

Users who are viewing this thread