What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am worried about Herschel Walker’s candidacy for the senate; I don’t think he’s up to the job. (2 Viewers)

So what do the Walker haters think about Raphael Warnock trying to evict people over $28 during the pandemic?
Please provide links to stuff like this. I imagine most of us have no idea what you are talkign about
Why? Assuming what I wrote is true, what do you think about it?
Why? Because you wrote one sentence about what is very likely a bigger story. But I'll bite, if he evicted people for owing 28 dollars that's terrible and he probably shouldn't be a landlord.

Now, you got a link for us?
Not necessarily. I'll explain more when we have time.

I said as clearly as I could that it makes me sad we give people reason to laugh at us.
I'm really trying to understand here. Who is "laughing at Christians" with regard to The Righteous Gemstones?

I can't speak for everyone, but when I laugh at that show, and I do, I'm not "laughing at Christians". I'm laughing at the absurd situations that the characters get themselves into. I'm laughing at Danny McBride's unique brand of over the top acting delivery. That the show happens to be about a Christian family is completely irrelevant and I'd laugh just as much if it were about a different religion or atheists.

Conway,

You are being intentionally obtuse on purpose. There is a clear open vitriol and aggression by the radical left and the activist complicit left leaning MSM against Christians in general.

When they were not coming out to vote in droves, they were left alone and ignored. The DNC, the DCCC, the Super Delegates, the establishment Democrats, the Progressives, the Marxists, none of them considered the voting block worth engaging and supporting. It was a cost vs benefit analysis in terms of resources allocated against potential votes won or lost. Now that this group is voting in massive numbers, they are being denounced and vilified.

Team Blue abandoned poor white rural Christian America. It was a tactical political decision. Well it backfired.

If Joe Bryant doesn't edge into arguments on this forum, it's because he wants to hold a position of being as apolitical as possible, as he's the site owner. It's a type of stance that I wished Maurile Tremblay, biased hard left with the subtlety of a battering ram, would adopt.

You aren't hard rolling Joe Bryant because you disagree, you are doing it because you know he will restrain himself from sparring back with you.

The savagery against Christians was made clear during Amy Coney Barrett's confirmation hearing for SCOTUS. That entire display was shameful and was strategic political idiocy by Team Blue. There was no need to antagonize the White Evangelical base like that. It would only harden the FedSoc assembly line for Conservative Catholics.

If the radical left here REPLACED every instance of mockery against Christians with "African American" or "LGBT", then people would finally see how punitive and damaging the behavior has become in modern times.

Poor white rural Christian America committed the sin of simply going out to vote. Lots of them. Waves of them. Instead of seeing them as Americans exercising their political voice, they are castigated as bigots, racists, misogynists and full of hatred. The total price paid for Team Blue's buyer remorse.

I am not a Christian. I don't believe in God. If there was a God, he'd never forgive someone with as much blood on my hands as I have. But I see those Christians as AMERICANS FIRST.

I love America. I was a homeless teenager and this country allowed a pathway so I could work hard and make the most of the opportunities before me and build a real life, where I could bring real value to the world. Radicals like you and other bad faith actors here want to try to shame those who love America. It's why there is this insidious manipulation to remove the total American identity away before going into yet another woke attack.

I do not require you to love America. Good men died for your right to take their sacrifices for granted. But I will not stand idly by while you disparge those who do love this country.

Herschel, Oz and Vance....3 little stooges for Trump. Not one of them ever thought about being a senator, their lives were fine living off their prior fames. Trump forced them into running and now they are a step away from being 3% of the senate of the United States. 3 people who should not be anywhere near DC, ever. They dont know law, rules, procedures. But they will do what their big daddy tells them, and that's cause disruption across the country.

I didn't see the Warnock v Walker debate but some of my Georgia friends said Walker did extremely well and may have even won the debate. Waiting on the Oz v Fetterman debate to make my decision here in PA.

If Oz wasn't a Trump supporter I would give him consideration. Unfortunately supporting the traitorous former POTUS is a non-starter for me -- Fettermen has my vote by default.

Your vote. The debate is really important to me. I can't vote for a guy that is physically and mentally unfit to perform the duties of the job.
Herschel thinks he’s a cop and ran 6 hospitals.

I wouldn't vote for Herschel Walker, but I don't live in GA so my opinion on that race isn't really relevant.
Let's be honest..you aren't voting for Fetterman regardless of what happens in the debate. I assume you will vote Oz or not vote, vote 3rd party in that race?

You're right I won't vote for Fetterman for a multitude of reasons, there are very few issues where Fetterman and I align. His ability to physically and mentally do the job is just the icing on the cake. I posted the things I like and dislike about him above in an earlier post. I haven't even looked at Oz yet but I know Fetterman isn't a guy I want representing me in Washington. I don't find anything about the guy redeeming.

In the City of Philadelphia we have a real issue with crime and the DA not prosecuting the criminals and then the go out and re-offend. Fetterman's history is replete with similar cases where he is easy on criminals. A local kid was murdered around 20 years ago and the surrounding communities get together and raise funds in the kids name for scholarships. Fetterman was the lone vote to have one of the guys who committed the crime paroled.

Next week I'll look into Oz and the debate will just confirm whether I vote for Oz or someone else not named Fetterman.

I didn't see the Warnock v Walker debate but some of my Georgia friends said Walker did extremely well and may have even won the debate. Waiting on the Oz v Fetterman debate to make my decision here in PA.

If Oz wasn't a Trump supporter I would give him consideration. Unfortunately supporting the traitorous former POTUS is a non-starter for me -- Fettermen has my vote by default.

Your vote. The debate is really important to me. I can't vote for a guy that is physically and mentally unfit to perform the duties of the job.

I wouldn't vote for Herschel Walker, but I don't live in GA so my opinion on that race isn't really relevant.
Let's be honest..you aren't voting for Fetterman regardless of what happens in the debate. I assume you will vote Oz or not vote, vote 3rd party in that race?

You're right I won't vote for Fetterman for a multitude of reasons, there are very few issues where Fetterman and I align. His ability to physically and mentally do the job is just the icing on the cake. I posted the things I like and dislike about him above in an earlier post. I haven't even looked at Oz yet but I know Fetterman isn't a guy I want representing me in Washington. I don't find anything about the guy redeeming.

In the City of Philadelphia we have a real issue with crime and the DA not prosecuting the criminals and then the go out and re-offend. Fetterman's history is replete with similar cases where he is easy on criminals. A local kid was murdered around 20 years ago and the surrounding communities get together and raise funds in the kids name for scholarships. Fetterman was the lone vote to have one of the guys who committed the crime paroled.

Next week I'll look into Oz and the debate will just confirm whether I vote for Oz or someone else not named Fetterman.
I watched a 30 minute interview and he appeared mentally and physically able to do this job. I think you would get more useful information from that then these debates to be honest.

I suspect if you don't want Fetterman in office you will vote for Oz regardless as a vote to keep Fetterman out. This is like half of voters I think these days.

I watched a 30 minute interview and he appeared mentally and physically able to do this job. I think you would get more useful information from that then these debates to be honest.

I suspect if you don't want Fetterman in office you will vote for Oz regardless as a vote to keep Fetterman out. This is like half of voters I think these days.
I think this is true in just about all cases. I don't get anything out of the "debates". I usually seek out interviews, podcasts, voting records on issues, etc.

I'd be interested is hearing what people are looking for or get out of the debates.

The PA GOP had a chance to win this senate seat easy peezy, but they chose Trump's boy Oz in the primary. If this was Dave McCormick vs Fetterman, many folks would have dropped Fetterman a long time ago, and I would probably have been one of them. But Oz is a no go, not electable at all, zero %. He could run vs Herschel Walker and I would vote for Walker, a moron, Oz a Turk militant who is a life long con man, dog murderer and all around scum bag.

The PA GOP had a chance to win this senate seat easy peezy, but they chose Trump's boy Oz in the primary. If this was Dave McCormick vs Fetterman, many folks would have dropped Fetterman a long time ago, and I would probably have been one of them. But Oz is a no go, not electable at all, zero %. He could run vs Herschel Walker and I would vote for Walker, a moron, Oz a Turk militant who is a life long con man, dog murderer and all around scum bag.
And urine enthusiast!

Conway,

You are being intentionally obtuse on purpose. There is a clear open vitriol and aggression by the radical left and the activist complicit left leaning MSM against Christians in general.

When they were not coming out to vote in droves, they were left alone and ignored. The DNC, the DCCC, the Super Delegates, the establishment Democrats, the Progressives, the Marxists, none of them considered the voting block worth engaging and supporting. It was a cost vs benefit analysis in terms of resources allocated against potential votes won or lost. Now that this group is voting in massive numbers, they are being denounced and vilified.

Team Blue abandoned poor white rural Christian America. It was a tactical political decision. Well it backfired.

If Joe Bryant doesn't edge into arguments on this forum, it's because he wants to hold a position of being as apolitical as possible, as he's the site owner. It's a type of stance that I wished Maurile Tremblay, biased hard left with the subtlety of a battering ram, would adopt.

You aren't hard rolling Joe Bryant because you disagree, you are doing it because you know he will restrain himself from sparring back with you.

The savagery against Christians was made clear during Amy Coney Barrett's confirmation hearing for SCOTUS. That entire display was shameful and was strategic political idiocy by Team Blue. There was no need to antagonize the White Evangelical base like that. It would only harden the FedSoc assembly line for Conservative Catholics.

If the radical left here REPLACED every instance of mockery against Christians with "African American" or "LGBT", then people would finally see how punitive and damaging the behavior has become in modern times.

Poor white rural Christian America committed the sin of simply going out to vote. Lots of them. Waves of them. Instead of seeing them as Americans exercising their political voice, they are castigated as bigots, racists, misogynists and full of hatred. The total price paid for Team Blue's buyer remorse.

I am not a Christian. I don't believe in God. If there was a God, he'd never forgive someone with as much blood on my hands as I have. But I see those Christians as AMERICANS FIRST.

I love America. I was a homeless teenager and this country allowed a pathway so I could work hard and make the most of the opportunities before me and build a real life, where I could bring real value to the world. Radicals like you and other bad faith actors here want to try to shame those who love America. It's why there is this insidious manipulation to remove the total American identity away before going into yet another woke attack.

I do not require you to love America. Good men died for your right to take their sacrifices for granted. But I will not stand idly by while you disparge those who do love this country.
I think you're glossing over the recent rise of Christian Nationalism in the Evangelical community. The "radical left" and "left leaning MSM" aren't "against Christians in general". They're against the growing threat of Christian Nationalism. And it's not just the left and it's not just non-Christians. It's a prominent concern for those in today's Christian churches.

Here's a good article that explains what Christian Nationalism is and how it's different from Christianity and patriotism. Christianity Today article

All kinds of efforts are being made within the church to deal with this issue. Here's an example.

We also have a thread on the topic where Christians on this board lament their own experience in the church. Thread

@Snotbubbles this is just a sampling of where fetterman stands on some issues. What do you disagree with from this list?

Universal pre-k
Expand and improve health care access for veterans
Small towns and rural communities are the heart and soul of this country – it’s time we invest in them
Protect Social Security from Republican attacks, and I’ll support efforts to lower the Medicare eligibility age to 60 while expanding its benefits to include vision, hearing, and dental care
Expand voting rights and push for reforms that get big money out of politics and prevent politicians from picking their voters through partisan gerrymandering
Ban Members of Congress from holding or trading stocks
Access to safe and legal abortion into federal law by passing the Women’s Health Protection Act
End the war on drugs by fighting to deschedule marijuana, expunge the records of those convicted of nonviolent marijuana offenses, and prevent the monopolization of this vibrant new industry

SSI is a scary topic, esp the older I get :-)
I'm trying to determine retirement age and cant if SSI is gone, and I feel many others would be worse off than me. Think before you vote!

I wouldn't take an edited interview as anything other than it was an edited interview. I want to see the guy peppered with questions live.

@Snotbubbles this is just a sampling of where fetterman stands on some issues. What do you disagree with from this list?

Universal pre-k
Expand and improve health care access for veterans
Small towns and rural communities are the heart and soul of this country – it’s time we invest in them
Protect Social Security from Republican attacks, and I’ll support efforts to lower the Medicare eligibility age to 60 while expanding its benefits to include vision, hearing, and dental care
Expand voting rights and push for reforms that get big money out of politics and prevent politicians from picking their voters through partisan gerrymandering
Ban Members of Congress from holding or trading stocks
Access to safe and legal abortion into federal law by passing the Women’s Health Protection Act
End the war on drugs by fighting to deschedule marijuana, expunge the records of those convicted of nonviolent marijuana offenses, and prevent the monopolization of this vibrant new industry

I don't like his policy positions on criminal justice reform, energy, immigration or abolishing the filibuster.

I don't have any kids in pre-k. Not a relevant topic for me.

I'm pro-life so his stance on abortion doesn't align with me.

I live in the city, why do I care about investing in small towns and rural communities?

Expand and improve health care access for veterans. Ok sounds great, how does he plan to do that?

Protect Social Security. Again, sounds great, how?

Ban Members from Congress for holding or trading stock. Sounds great, no chance of that even being brought to a vote but it's a nice talking point. Maybe he can float term limits as well. They both have the same chance of passage.

So basically, if I want marijuana passed I should vote for him?

With his mental capacity I'm sure he'll be able to debate his fellow Senators to sway them to his position. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't take an edited interview as anything other than it was an edited interview. I want to see the guy peppered with questions live.
This wasn’t edited and they asked very direct questions. A lot more informative than most debates with timed answers and forced rehearsed lines. He talked extensively about his health and ongoing issues.

This wasn’t edited and they asked very direct questions. A lot more informative than most debates with timed answers and forced rehearsed lines. He talked extensively about his health and ongoing issues.

You can flout Fetterman all you want here. I'm not voting for the guy. He's not physically capable. You can vote for him all you like.

You can flout Fetterman all you want here. I'm not voting for the guy. He's not physically capable. You can vote for him all you like.
I don’t live there. I’m not flouting him necessarily just letting you know my opinion on having a debate be a deciding factor (which it isn’t for you).

If you were concerned about his health that interview would be much more useful gauge for voters than this debate.

I'm sure it's linked somewhere, but can you repost the link for the interview? Thanks.

We’ve established there are cognitive issues with Walker, Fetterman and Biden that most moderate people feel impact their ability to serve. However, there is a pack of posters here that only want to focus on Walker. What is the difference between Walker and the others? Hmmm.

🤔
He's also woefully underqualified to be a Senator (and no, I'm not talking about the minimum requirements listed in the Constitution or statute). He simply doesn't have enough experience or knowledge about how the government works. We shouldn't be putting this much power into the hands of someone that is unqualified.

We’ve established there are cognitive issues with Walker, Fetterman and Biden that most moderate people feel impact their ability to serve. However, there is a pack of posters here that only want to focus on Walker. What is the difference between Walker and the others? Hmmm.

🤔
He's also woefully underqualified to be a Senator (and no, I'm not talking about the minimum requirements listed in the Constitution or statute). He simply doesn't have enough experience or knowledge about how the government works. We shouldn't be putting this much power into the hands of someone that is unqualified.
It just comes back to someone in that seat voting the party line. Walker was picked because of Trump and his love of celebrity and TV, we’ll see if it works. I’d think a real GOP candidate would likely win but GA has had such a political shift over past decade so perhaps Warnock would still win but I doubt it.

Majority in the Senate is the only way to get legislation through and even then 60 votes are really needed. It‘s amazing when anything gets through TBH.

I’m not going to say the system is totally broken but it’s pretty sprained when it operates like this and the players have all realized it.

I do think term limits would help address this but I’m sure the game would figure out around that as well.

Last edited:
I don't like his policy positions on criminal justice reform, energy, immigration or abolishing the filibuster.

I'm pro-life
so his stance on abortion doesn't align with me.

I live in the city, why do I care about investing in small towns and rural communities?

Expand and improve health care access for veterans. Ok sounds great, how does he plan to do that?

Ban Members from Congress for holding or trading stock. Sounds great, no chance of that even being brought to a vote but it's a nice talking point. Maybe he can float term limits as well. They both have the same chance of passage.

With his mental capacity I'm sure he'll be able to debate his fellow Senators to sway them to his position. :rolleyes:
Again, are you sure you are a democrat?

I would vote for a tree stump over a Fetterman-type. If we want to go single issue, releasing violent criminals out early ranks at the top. If people are ok with that, they can allow them to live in their neighborhoods, and they can rehabilitate them. Sounds like a win-win.

I would vote for a tree stump over a Fetterman-type. If we want to go single issue, releasing violent criminals out early ranks at the top. If people are ok with that, they can allow them to live in their neighborhoods, and they can rehabilitate them. Sounds like a win-win.
Do you know what the clemency process in PA involves and who are the cases that Fetterman was involved in?

Do you know what the clemency process in PA involves and who are the cases that Fetterman was involved in?
No. So is he going to be tough on crime?

I'm not sure what that means TBH.

I have seen this releasing criminals talk in political ads but there is no info other than stuff like this on it so thought you might know since you wrote about it.

He spoke about a single case in this interview but I didn't really know what he was talking about without context. His answer made sense and he also deferred to his record as a Mayor on violent crime.

I have seen this releasing criminals talk in political ads but there is no info other than stuff like this on it so thought you might know since you wrote about it.

He spoke about a single case in this interview but I didn't really know what he was talking about without context. His answer made sense and he also deferred to his record as a Mayor on violent crime.
Just look at how crime is these days. As a D, he will fit right in line with how these cases are getting handled. The woman from NY who likes to act tough is just as bad.

The cities are the cities, they will always be D. The big change may be at the state governor level for being soft on crime.

Just look at how crime is these days. As a D, he will fit right in line with how these cases are getting handled. The woman from NY who likes to act tough is just as bad.

The cities are the cities, they will always be D. The big change may be at the state governor level for being soft on crime.
I guess this is more of a trust in the party issue for you then. That is fair. Not sure how more effective Republicans are on crime, I think it is more of a function of economics TBH. But, I get some of the policies in big cities are a bit much even for me as a typically liberal.

Oz has never held a job in government so he has no position other than what is politically beneficial.

Googling around this article seemed pretty fair on Fetterman's background on this issue outside of just voting along party lines in regards to this issue.

I'm pro-life
so his stance on abortion doesn't align with me.

Again, are you sure you are a democrat?
A lot depends on age. I voted mostly Democratic when I was younger. A lot has changed since Bill Clinton.

I guess this is more of a trust in the party issue for you then. That is fair. Not sure how more effective Republicans are on crime, I think it is more of a function of economics TBH. But, I get some of the policies in big cities are a bit much even for me as a typically liberal.

Oz has never held a job in government so he has no position other than what is politically beneficial.

Googling around this article seemed pretty fair on Fetterman's background on this issue outside of just voting along party lines in regards to this issue.
I would vote 3rd party if I were in PA

🤔
Maybe the fact that he is literally the subject of this thread?

Walker will likely win Georgia. And that is a perfect microcosm (with enormous consequences) of where America is as a nation right now. He isn’t fit to serve as a community liaison. And he is going to be a United States senator. It’s bananas.

This is where the trust in the party comes into play - the NY gov says she needs more data because she’s not convinced about rising crime in NYC.

Walker will likely win Georgia. And that is a perfect microcosm (with enormous consequences) of where America is as a nation right now. He isn’t fit to serve as a community liaison. And he is going to be a United States senator. It’s bananas.

Why do you say this? 538 has Warnock with a 58% chance to win. Walker 42%. I don’t disagree with the rest of your post but I don’t see it as likely - I’d say possible.

This is where the trust in the party comes into play - the NY gov says she needs more data because she’s not convinced about rising crime in NYC.
So much against for cities like Chicago and NY where none of ya'll even live.

I basically live in the Chicago suburbs. My tax dollars go to Detroit also.

Moving to NYC?

Moving to NYC?

What difference does it make?

Moving to NYC?

What difference does it make?
To you, likely none. That's my point.

Yes.

I posted above that there is one case that really hits home because we still do volunteer work with the family every year of the kid who was murdered back when I was a teen. The young kid was brutally beaten with a baseball bat and then shot in the back. The group of kids who did the crime said they picked their victim "because he was white." Fetterman was the lone vote at the parole hearing to release the guy who bragged that he "broke his bat" over the kids head. This isn't the only case that he's done so, but this is one that I am intimately familiar with. Fetterman says he wants to keep 1st degree murders in jail and then his voting record on the hearing panel suggests otherwise. This type of soft on criminals stances that those in power have (also done by Philly DA Larry Krasner) has caused crime to skyrocket here in Philadelphia.

Yes.

I posted above that there is one case that really hits home because we still do volunteer work with the family every year of the kid who was murdered back when I was a teen. The young kid was brutally beaten with a baseball bat and then shot in the back. The group of kids who did the crime said they picked their victim "because he was white." Fetterman was the lone vote at the parole hearing to release the guy who bragged that he "broke his bat" over the kids head. This isn't the only case that he's done so, but this is one that I am intimately familiar with. Fetterman says he wants to keep 1st degree murders in jail and then his voting record on the hearing panel suggests otherwise. This type of soft on criminals stances that those in power have (also done by Philly DA Larry Krasner) has caused crime to skyrocket here in Philadelphia.

That story is sickening.

Yes.

This is a rough story to read. Cases involving murder would be very difficult to let someone go free before their time was up. Dealing with this on a regular basis would be pretty brutal.

Fetterman should explain his votes on these and others, all I have seen is he has said he agreed with law enforcement experts 90% of the time and that he took every case individually and weighed each very carefully. That is what I would ask if anyone in this position.

I don’t think a debate setting with 1:30 timed answers will be adequate to do this.

I do believe in clemency and I am certain that in some cases from the 80’s a life sentence is too much. Tough job to determine.

Users who are viewing this thread