What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hankerson time? (1 Viewer)

I think I need a hanky after starting this guy. :cry:

Is it him or is it RGIII? I notice he was only 5 for 10 at the half.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I need a hanky after starting this guy. :cry: Is it him or is it RGIII? I notice he was only 5 for 10 at the half.
Seems to be a combination RG3/Redskins defense sucks/Bengals O keeps getting penalties and prolonging drives despite them/Shanahan loves his new Terrell Davis issue. Might have to postpone Hank Time until next week.

Really seemed to be coming on in the 4th, my match ups improve next week and Garçon should be healthy so he's getting dropped tomorrow.

rg3 barely passed in the first three qtrs. hank is a big dude. i liked what i saw enough to hold on if hes not hurt

Hankerson earned a full time starting job:

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan stated Monday that Leonard Hankerson has played well enough to earn a full-time starting job going forward.

Hankerson will start at X receiver until Pierre Garcon (foot) returns, and then likely kick over to Z receiver, replacing Josh Morgan. Although Hankerson didn't light up the box score in Week 3 against the Bengals, he secured four of his seven targets for 56 yards and was an impact blocker in the run game. Through three games, Hankerson has six grabs for 124 yards and a touchdown. He should be owned in the heavy majority of 12-team fantasy leagues.

Really seemed to be coming on in the 4th, my match ups improve next week and Garçon should be healthy so he's getting dropped tomorrow.
Why do you think Garçon should be healthy? From what I've read, it sounds like he's still a ways away. He was doubtful this week after being questionable the week before. Sounds like it may be awhile before he's healthy.

Big if, but if Garcon is out indefinitely, is Hankerson then the #1 for the Skins?

Frankly, I've done no research on the kid but the emergence of RG3 has peaked my interest.

Leonard Hankerson (back) is practicing in full this week.Hankerson underwent precautionary X-rays following Sunday's loss, but the results were negative. In line for another start at X receiver against the Bucs' shaky secondary, Hankerson is worth WR3/4 consideration in deeper leagues.

Hankerson will be up and down. He started 1 game last year as you may recall so he is still learning. I loved Hankerson coming out of college, big things on the horizon with a guy like RG3 throwing the rock. He has a chance to carve out a serious role for himself for the next 3-4 years or until he proves he cannot. Of many of the young WRs either rookies or 2nd year guys, Hankerson seems to be in line for plenty of targets as the season progresses.

Hankerson will be up and down. He started 1 game last year as you may recall so he is still learning. I loved Hankerson coming out of college, big things on the horizon with a guy like RG3 throwing the rock. He has a chance to carve out a serious role for himself for the next 3-4 years or until he proves he cannot. Of many of the young WRs either rookies or 2nd year guys, Hankerson seems to be in line for plenty of targets as the season progresses.
Agreed. Tremendous route runner at the U. He made Jacory Harris look better in college. Good size and speed. Last year, he was very good in the start against the Dolphins until he got injured.

Didn't you compare him to Wayne? I wasn't nearly as high on him last year but after watching Griffin turn every Baylor WR into a stud I was completely on board.

looking more and more like garcon mght not play...
Yup, and Hank has another great match up vs. TB this week. Here's the snap % and targets from last week.Hankerson - 78% - 7 targetsMorgan - 75% - 3 targetsMoss - 53% - 3 targetsRobinson 20% - 3 targetsI think it's quite clear which WR you want to own while Garcon is out. He should make for a strong flex play this week.

Yup, and Hank has another great match up vs. TB this week. Here's the snap % and targets from last week.Hankerson - 78% - 7 targetsMorgan - 75% - 3 targetsMoss - 53% - 3 targetsRobinson 20% - 3 targetsI think it's quite clear which WR you want to own while Garcon is out. He should make for a strong flex play this week.
That was week 3 what about week 2. You never can tell with the Shanahans......they like to be contrary.

That was week 3 what about week 2. You never can tell with the Shanahans......they like to be contrary.
Week 2 was Hankerson's first start, with him and Robinson splitting snaps.Robinson dropped an easy pass, made mental errors, while Hankerson made some key blocks and scored a long TD. So.. Robinson went from being on the field 48% of the time and receiving 3 targets in week 2 to being on the field just 20% of the time and recieving 3 targets again in week 3.Hank went from being on the field 52% of the time and receiving 3 targets in week 2 to being on the field 78% of the time and receiving 7 targets in week 3.. Based of their performances again in week 3, there's no reason for this trend not to continue.

Most likely will be a hot WW add next week.
I wonder if he'll still be there even. Now that the byes have started, the Garcon owners have be getting even more worried, and he'd be a good backup.
I own him in every one of my leagues and am surprised hes only owned in 9% of Yahoo leagues. I guess no one else is really sharing my enthusiasm. He has a great combination of size (6'2) and speed (4.43) and is going to be RG3's first read (7 targets last week) in this passing game for as long as Garcon is out. What is there not to like?

I wonder if he'll still be there even. Now that the byes have started, the Garcon owners have be getting even more worried, and he'd be a good backup.
I own him in every one of my leagues and am surprised hes only owned in 9% of Yahoo leagues. I guess no one else is really sharing my enthusiasm. He has a great combination of size (6'2) and speed (4.43) and is going to be RG3's first read (7 targets last week) in this passing game for as long as Garcon is out. What is there not to like?
Tempted to start him. Picked him up because Maclin was hurting last week and Colston isn't performing as envisioned. Starting Mac but now down to Hank and Colston in flex.Whoever I choose I know I'll be wrong.

This match-up is just too good, look at what everyone else did to TB..

Week 1

Steve Smith - 7/106/0

Brandon LaFell - 3/65/1

Louis Murphy - 3/63/0

Week 2

Hakeem Nicks - 10/199/1

Victor Cruz - 11/179/1

Week 3

Miles Austin - 5/107/0

Dez Bryant - 6/62/0

Kevin Olgetree - 5/570

I think 10 points might be his floor in 1PPR. He has to be worth flexing.

Tempted to start him. Picked him up because Maclin was hurting last week and Colston isn't performing as envisioned. Starting Mac but now down to Hank and Colston in flex.Whoever I choose I know I'll be wrong.
I have Hankerson, but I would start Colsten if I had a choice.

I have Hankerson, but I would start Colsten if I had a choice.
Yeah but the choice is easy. Colston is facing the #1 pass D while Hank faces #30 I believe.Will Brees even get a chance to throw the ball down the field with all of that Pack D pressure upfront?

Have Hankerson in there, but second guessing it with reports that Garcon will likely play, although he'll be on a "pitch count".

Would hate to start him and then watch him be on the field for less then half the snaps or something like that.

On the other hand, the matchup is just so tasty.

don't know for sure if he starts over Morgan - anyone starting Hankerson or Garcon (if Garcon plays) is taking a risk.

That's what I'm now worried about!! Isn't Hank a starter regardless of Garcon's status???
Once Garcon is fully healthy, the thought is it will be Garcon and Hankerson.This week, it could still be Hankerson and Morgan starting, with Garcon rotating in for his limited duty. Who he replaces is anyone's guess.Robinson will also see snaps.The matchup is so good I may roll the dice regardless and play Hank. My other options aren't especially appealing.ETA: Almost forgot Santana Moss in the slot, too.

I thought Shanny said Hankerson was a permanent starter from here on out and when Garcon comes back that he would slide form X to Z.
THat's what I think, when all are healthy and taking their full complement of snaps. My gut says today Hankerson and Morgan start for one more week, with Garcon playing situationally. But who will Garcon take the field for? Hopefully Morgan.

Hankerson is going to see the field a healthy amount regardless if Garcon is out there or not. It's the difference between him lining up as the Z or X receiver. I'm starting him with confidence.

Starting him over Hawkins. Not concerned about Garcon effecting Hankerson's production as if Garcon is in I think Hank gets open more. If Garcon doesnt play, Hank should see a lot more targets. Sort of win-win.

Id rather gamble with him than Hawkins who just hasnt got enough targets the last couple weeks and only is worth starting if he gets a long TD on just a few targets

Starting him over Hawkins. Not concerned about Garcon effecting Hankerson's production as if Garcon is in I think Hank gets open more. If Garcon doesnt play, Hank should see a lot more targets. Sort of win-win.Id rather gamble with him than Hawkins who just hasnt got enough targets the last couple weeks and only is worth starting if he gets a long TD on just a few targets
Hawkins sees the field 50% of the time on average. Hankerson was bumped up to 78% last week but did only see one more target(7). I'm a firm believer that stats will eventually catch up with playing time though. I really wish CIN found a way to get Hawkins on the field more. For the record, I too am starting Hankerson of Hawkins.

Users who are viewing this thread