What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hankerson time? (2 Viewers)

Can I say I'm going to start Hanky over Rudolph? :unsure:
Take that junk to the AC board, jabroni. Just kidding, I do find it helpful when people talk about who they are starting a player over or who they are dropping for said player. I think it helps flush out his full evaluation. But I can see where that might not be the true intent of this type of thread.

What about Aldrick Robinson?How does he fit into this mix compared to Hankerson?Should one be THE guy, or is it a toss up between them?
Hankerso n all day. I actually drafted the uy in two leagues. He looked so good PR injury and rg3 is a fantastic deep ball qb. Just a match made in heaven. In fairness I know next to nothing about ldrick except that he seems to drop a lot of balls.

I'm trotting Hank Time out as a W/T Flex option this week in my 16-team league.Starting him ahead of Cobb in the Monday nighter (return yardage counts here) and Britt (still hands off of the Tenny O until they bother to show up for a game).
im so happy for you
Starting him this week over Welker.
thanx, i needed to know wgat YOU were doing
think I will start him over Benson in my PPR work league, this is a tough call
cool story brah
Way too much needless hate lately for anyone mentioning their lineups in threads. Knowing how the public values your Guys/guys you are targetting is important. Knowing theses decisions, thinking them through often helps bring out a little clarity on how you even feel about them. Sigmund made some good points about this is a is twitter on the audible.

The thing about Hankerson is he looks like a Garcon clone out there. Maybe not as polished, but it seems like theyre the same size with similar skillsets whereas Josh Morgan has a completely different build and skillset and obviously Aldrick Robinson is a smaller speedy guy like Santana Moss.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Aldrick Robinson?How does he fit into this mix compared to Hankerson?Should one be THE guy, or is it a toss up between them?
I see a lot of you like Hankerson.Why do you guys think it will be Hankerson and not Robinson?Week 1 Hankerson did not play much, Garcon started the game. So not really relevantplays per.9 (12%) Leonard Hankerson 0 targets 0 recptions66 (87%) Aldrick Robinson 6 targets 4 receptions Week 2 Same number of targets and receptions32 (51%) leonard Hankerson 3 targets 2 receptions 30 (48%) Aldrick Robinson 3 targets 2 receptions Small sample size, but why not Robinson. I would hate pick up hank and have Robinson go off.Do you pick up both or stay away? Not an AC question just sharing my thought process.

I see a lot of you like Hankerson.Why do you guys think it will be Hankerson and not Robinson?Week 1 Hankerson did not play much, Garcon started the game. So not really relevantplays per.9 (12%) Leonard Hankerson 0 targets 0 recptions66 (87%) Aldrick Robinson 6 targets 4 receptions Week 2 Same number of targets and receptions32 (51%) leonard Hankerson 3 targets 2 receptions 30 (48%) Aldrick Robinson 3 targets 2 receptions Small sample size, but why not Robinson. I would hate pick up hank and have Robinson go off.Do you pick up both or stay away? Not an AC question just sharing my thought process.
This is my same dilemma. It doesn't seem there is a lot of clarity on which guy is gonna be the #1. I guess if you have the room, you could pick them both up and see if the situation is clarified in the next few weeks. Could it be Shanihanigans applied to the WR1 spot?

This is my same dilemma. It doesn't seem there is a lot of clarity on which guy is gonna be the #1. I guess if you have the room, you could pick them both up and see if the situation is clarified in the next few weeks. Could it be Shanihanigans applied to the WR1 spot?
From my perspective, it's the beat writer report that Hankerson is suspected to take over the 'X' duties if Garcon is out, which was not the case week 1 or week 2. Additionally, Hankerson's only start last week was quite successful, and I wouldn't be surprised if Robinson is a bit in the doghouse for dropping that wide open TD last week.

From my perspective, it's the beat writer report that Hankerson is suspected to take over the 'X' duties if Garcon is out, which was not the case week 1 or week 2. Additionally, Hankerson's only start last week was quite successful, and I wouldn't be surprised if Robinson is a bit in the doghouse for dropping that wide open TD last week.
That's the way I'm leaning also. I had also read something that said that Kyle Shanahan noted that Hankerson was notably better in the run blocking game than Robinson. It's just kinda weird how Robinson looked like the guy after his week 1 performance, and now it's gone 180 degrees. One thing is for sure...if you plan on waiting until after tomorrow's game to pick up one of them, you are waiting too long.

That's the way I'm leaning also. I had also read something that said that Kyle Shanahan noted that Hankerson was notably better in the run blocking game than Robinson. It's just kinda weird how Robinson looked like the guy after his week 1 performance, and now it's gone 180 degrees. One thing is for sure...if you plan on waiting until after tomorrow's game to pick up one of them, you are waiting too long.
A couple of you nailed it on the head.Hankerson did work behind the scenes last week, making several key blocks away from the ball. This coupled with the fact that Robinson and Morgan have done nothing to help their cases leads one to believe that WAS will look towards Hankerson now. It's a fair assumption, he's doing everything right. The rest of the cast, not so much.

Thanks guys great replies.

I have not watched any Redskin games and trying to figure this out from stats only can be a little difficult.

A lot of people are talking about how Hankerson might catch some deep balls.

Can anyone shed some light on what other kinds of routes this guys runs? Who's in line for the short-to-intermediate stuff? Will Hankerson make an impact there, or are those who are starting him hoping for a Bingo on a deep ball?

A lot of people are talking about how Hankerson might catch some deep balls.Can anyone shed some light on what other kinds of routes this guys runs? Who's in line for the short-to-intermediate stuff? Will Hankerson make an impact there, or are those who are starting him hoping for a Bingo on a deep ball?
I don't know about all the deep ball talk. I watched the only game where he started at X (last year wk 10 vs the dolphins) and all he caught were intermediate/short passes to the tune of 8 rec for 106yds. Unfortunately that's also the game where he suffered his season ending injury.

Hankerson is too inconsistent. I would not rely at all on him, even with a great matchup. I think it's actually a toss up between Robinson, F.Davis, and S.Moss in this game. While everyone complains about Shanahan and the RB position, it looks like the WR situation is actually going to be much more frustrating for owners this season if Garcon's injury lingers. It will be worse than guessing which Raiders WR is going to light it up or held without a catch.

Has anyone out of Washington actually said he is going to start for Garcon? Lots of speculation. I can see FBG bumped him up their projections pretty good since Friday, while guys like Roto say it will be a rotation of Hank and Robinson. I'd love to put him in a flex spot, but I'm leery. He might of had a TD last week, but he only caught two passes and one of them was for zero yards.

I like Hankerson but I'd prefer to wait a bit to see more of him.

I understand those suggesting to pick him up before he blows up but it is tougher to suggest starting him right now. He could produce but its a risky decision.

One aspect not talked about is RG III.

First game>>

- 320 passing yards

- 2 passing TDs

- 9 rushing attempts

- 42 rushing yards

- 0 rush TDs

Second game>>

- 206 passing yards

- 0 pass TDs

- 11 rush attempts

- 82 rush yards

- 2 rush TDs

It looks like he's vulching TDs in the redzone and I don't see anyone on in the Skin receiving corps who is stepping up to be that redzone threat and I'm not sure it is either Hankerson or Aldrick Robinson.

I thought Hankerson was going to be a sleeper and have held him since last year but when he was a zero against the Saints in the first game I was ready to drop him till he hauled in that bomb. Now with Morgan flaking out and Garcon injured I am keeping him and he 'might' be the guy to start over Robinson but I dunno.

It seems RG III will shread the Bengal pass defense and that means the 100 passing yards he lost from week-one to week-two should come back but it would seem to me that Aldrick would be the one to bet on since he is more of RG III's security blanket than Hank.

Tough call but it 'seems' like Robinson is the safer bet to post decent numbers but if you expect a deep score then go with Hank.

Jes my two cents.

I think Hank is a GREAT start this weekend.

1. Skins home opener. A VERY pumped up crowd

2. Robinson had some drops last week, and Morgan arguably cost them the game. By default, Hankerson SHOULD be the #1 option

3. Skins D is hurting so I see a shoot out and lots of passing

4. Bengals secondary can be thrown against, and Hankerson towers over Clements and Hall.

Well guys, looks like I don't have much choice. It's Hank time for me. Just picked him up. With my WR stable looking like this:

Calvin J

Pierre Garcon

Torrey Smith

Titus Young

My only option would be Titus Young. Blech. And with Calvin already starting for me, double blech.

Gonna be rootin hard for this guy!

Well PFT says Hankerson 'should' be getting a larger portion of the recieving pie.

My link

... As the offense continues to blossom, look for Leonhard Hankerson to have a bigger role. After hauling in a 68-yard touchdown pass against the Rams (although he looked a bit like Robin Williams in The Best of Times while doing so), Hankerson could end up starting today across from Josh Morgan, given that Pierre Garςon will miss his second straight game.
Then again WR Santana Moss 'could' also be up for more production or TE Fred Davis.Its tough to guess who will emerge and right now its a guess based off of little hard data.

Evan Silva did this write up over the summer:

Hankerson only played extensively in two 2011 games, so choosing two to re-watch was easy. I checked out Week 9 versus San Francisco (68-of-69 snaps played) and Week 10 at Miami (46-of-56 snaps).

I charted every down, and the first thing that stuck out was Hankerson's comfort going over the middle, often amid heavy traffic. Some receivers run tentatively through "trash." It's Hankerson's home away from home. He caught 13 passes in the two starts -- including a successful two-point conversion on a fade route -- and nine of them came across the middle. Hankerson made two big-time leaping grabs deep down the middle late in the Miami game, with Washington trying to rally back from a deficit.

Hankerson played Z receiver in the 49ers game. He moved to X against the Dolphins and took off. It was clear that X is the featured, go-to position in the Shanahans' offense. And unlike in some schemes, the "X" isn't an isolation route runner sticking to the sideline and going deep. Hankerson ran comebacks, fades, drags, and digs. He did not drop a single pass in either of the two starts.

Against Miami, Hankerson did most of his damage against Vontae Davis, who is one of the top young cornerbacks in the league. Davis played off coverage most of the game -- giving some cushion -- but Hankerson exploited it successfully for 106 yards on eight catches in just 46 snaps.

Hankerson suffered a torn labrum in his hip late against Miami, and that injury is a concern for 2012. So is his role. The Redskins want high-priced Pierre Garcon to be the X receiver, with Josh Morgan, Hankerson, and Santana Moss competing at Z.

Perhaps Hankerson is a year away, but I liked what I saw. Hankerson has a big body (6'2/205) and knows how to use it. You could even say he plays bigger than he is. He moves very well for his size and is long, lean, and athletic. He explodes into routes. And his hands are noticeably massive in gold gloves. At 10 5/8 inches, Hankerson's paws are bigger than Hakeem Nicks'.

Well guys, looks like I don't have much choice. It's Hank time for me. Just picked him up. With my WR stable looking like this:Calvin JPierre GarconTorrey SmithTitus YoungMy only option would be Titus Young. Blech. And with Calvin already starting for me, double blech.Gonna be rootin hard for this guy!
Can you please tell us more about the team you have, we all have great interest?

I like Hankerson but I'd prefer to wait a bit to see more of him.I understand those suggesting to pick him up before he blows up but it is tougher to suggest starting him right now. He could produce but its a risky decision.One aspect not talked about is RG III.First game>>- 320 passing yards- 2 passing TDs- 9 rushing attempts- 42 rushing yards- 0 rush TDsSecond game>>- 206 passing yards- 0 pass TDs- 11 rush attempts- 82 rush yards- 2 rush TDsIt looks like he's vulching TDs in the redzone and I don't see anyone on in the Skin receiving corps who is stepping up to be that redzone threat and I'm not sure it is either Hankerson or Aldrick Robinson.I thought Hankerson was going to be a sleeper and have held him since last year but when he was a zero against the Saints in the first game I was ready to drop him till he hauled in that bomb. Now with Morgan flaking out and Garcon injured I am keeping him and he 'might' be the guy to start over Robinson but I dunno.It seems RG III will shread the Bengal pass defense and that means the 100 passing yards he lost from week-one to week-two should come back but it would seem to me that Aldrick would be the one to bet on since he is more of RG III's security blanket than Hank.Tough call but it 'seems' like Robinson is the safer bet to post decent numbers but if you expect a deep score then go with Hank.Jes my two cents.
RG3 did have a TD pass last week...to hankerson

I like Hankerson but I'd prefer to wait a bit to see more of him.I understand those suggesting to pick him up before he blows up but it is tougher to suggest starting him right now. He could produce but its a risky decision.One aspect not talked about is RG III.First game>>- 320 passing yards- 2 passing TDs- 9 rushing attempts- 42 rushing yards- 0 rush TDsSecond game>>- 206 passing yards- 0 pass TDs- 11 rush attempts- 82 rush yards- 2 rush TDsIt looks like he's vulching TDs in the redzone and I don't see anyone on in the Skin receiving corps who is stepping up to be that redzone threat and I'm not sure it is either Hankerson or Aldrick Robinson.I thought Hankerson was going to be a sleeper and have held him since last year but when he was a zero against the Saints in the first game I was ready to drop him till he hauled in that bomb. Now with Morgan flaking out and Garcon injured I am keeping him and he 'might' be the guy to start over Robinson but I dunno.It seems RG III will shread the Bengal pass defense and that means the 100 passing yards he lost from week-one to week-two should come back but it would seem to me that Aldrick would be the one to bet on since he is more of RG III's security blanket than Hank.Tough call but it 'seems' like Robinson is the safer bet to post decent numbers but if you expect a deep score then go with Hank.Jes my two cents.
RG3 did have a TD pass last week...to hankerson
Doh!I also forgot to add his 1 interception from last week too.

Evan Silva @evansilva now

Leon Hall's inactivity improves Leonard Hankerson's #fantasyfootball matchup. Hall is the #Bengals best cornerback.

Starting him over D. Brown (IND) in a flex spot ........fingers crossed
May start him over Harvin and Hillis at a Flex spot.
As a guy who is starting Hankerson and doesn't necessarily like AC posts, I would start Harvin over Hankerson easily. Hope I'm wrong.
What about Colston my friend?
I need to see your rooster and scoring but with an injured foot I thing I would go with Hankerson. Thanks for asking.

As a guy who is starting Hankerson and doesn't necessarily like AC posts, I would start Harvin over Hankerson easily. Hope I'm wrong.
I need to see your rooster and scoring but with an injured foot I thing I would go with Hankerson. Thanks for asking.
PPR it's him or Colston in my flex. Don't want to make this AC by listing my roster.Thought now?

PPR it's him or Colston in my flex. Don't want to make this AC by listing my roster.Thought now?
What's your opponent's bench look like? I'd still roll with Hankerson.

I'm starting him over Gates and Decker. Very unsure about this, but I have a feeling.

It's a fine line when discussing your individual roster decisions in the context of a Sharp Pool thread but blatantly asking for start advice clearly belongs in the AC!

It's a fine line when discussing your individual roster decisions in the context of a Sharp Pool thread but blatantly asking for start advice clearly belongs in the AC!
Thanks for contributing, make sure your grab a stool to help you off your soapbox.

Starting him over Benson, my opponent has an insane line-up (Foster, Spiller, Sproles) and I'm gonna need a home run.

Thanks for contributing, make sure your grab a stool to help you off your soapbox.
You might not be long for these forums. You just received two of the most civil and polite responses to blatant ACH posts in the SP than I have seen in ages and in turn responded with nothing bit attitude. Just start Hankerson since you clearly want to as you are posting in this thread and be done with it.

Quick please, Hank, Hill, or Benson at my flex spot?
You'll get a better response posting this in the assistant coach forum.
More people read this forum and since you already replied, would it really be that hard to post your thoughts?
Fine. You want to purposely break the rules and then be a #### about it. I don't. Bye bye.
Responding in a thread about a player and if he's a better start than another player. You are the one who can't be bothered to help out on the board and would rather play wanna-be mod, hope the last few posts you made that contribute absolutely zero to the forum helped your ego!

Starting him ahead of Lloyd(inj) and Boldin. You probably want to get him off your starting line up now ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread