What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Brandon Coleman, Saints (2 Viewers)

Pretty decent stat line today with the TD. Anyone who watched want to comment on his usage, how he looked etc?
Usage wise, he saw 7 targets (tied with Colston), Cooks saw 8. He did a good job of spinning off a defender, maintaining his balance and stretching into the end zone on his TD catch, so at least we know he's more than just a big body.

Considering the offense and opportunity he should no doubt be owned in most 12-teamers but it's too early to tell much else.

He did have a big drop, but he also had a few nice grabs and showed great effort on his TD.

I'm glad that I added him in one of my leagues this morning (didn't start him)...I'm eager to see how he steps up going forward.

Funny, I thought John Brown looked great, after the game I would have thought he had piled up points, but Coleman was right there with him in terms of FF production.

But Coleman needs to get open more and catch the ball, he seemed to disappear. Brees really needs downfield pass catching options right now. Everything is getting bunched up again, just like last year.

saintfool said:
Work in progress. I don't know that you can draw any conclusion from this game.
Agree. Looks better than Colston, but besides the TD catch he had 22 yards on his other 6 targets.

saintfool said:
Agree. Looks better than Colston, but besides the TD catch he had 22 yards on his other 6 targets.
ARI defense can almost be considered your fantasy floor when it comes to WRs. Not a cakewalk defense by any stretch of the imagination

ARI defense can almost be considered your fantasy floor when it comes to WRs. Not a cakewalk defense by any stretch of the imagination
Unless TD's are involved, which are much more random. Its not like he caught the kind of jump ball you could catch yourself thinking "he could do that every game", either. He had some YAC and dove for the endzone. Not sure if he got any jump ball targets in the endzone but I'd almost feel better if his TD felt more repeatable like that.

Anyways, I've got an offer of Perriman straight up for Coleman in a dynasty league and I feel dumb for not having already insta-accepted. There was just a slight pause where I had to make sure Coleman didn't look like a beast this past weekend, and he didn't. The pedigree and situation of Perriman is still worth way more than the possibility of Coleman being Brees' new Colston for a couple years. Seems like a reactionary trade offer, actually.

Thoughts on his situation going forward(dynasty)? I haven't seen any discussion on him of late and would love opinions on his play and if he sticks in NO or somewhere else.

I have an offer of H. Miller for Coleman/4th. My team is young and won't compete but I like having H. Miller as TE depth behind J. Reed.

Probably starting him this week at flex because I have no other options -- only alternative is Crockett Gilmore. But do NOT feel good about it, especially with Luke McBackup throwing him the ball.

Thoughts on his situation going forward(dynasty)? I haven't seen any discussion on him of late and would love opinions on his play and if he sticks in NO or somewhere else.

I have an offer of H. Miller for Coleman/4th. My team is young and won't compete but I like having H. Miller as TE depth behind J. Reed.
I would keep Coleman in a dynasty over an aging player with no long term upside. I like Miller in a redraft but in a dynasty I would prefer a young player with upside like Coleman.

Saints coach Sean Payton said WR Brandon Coleman has "stood out" at training camp.

The returning favorite for New Orleans' fourth receiver role, Coleman has been ripping up camp after the Saints signed Ted Ginn to replace Brandin Cooks in three-wide sets. Long an intriguing specimen at 6-foot-6, 225 with 4.56 speed, Coleman has struggled to earn more than rotational playing time entering his fourth NFL season. He posted a 26/281/10.3/3 receiving line in 2016.

Source: Nick Underhill on Twitter

Users who are viewing this thread