What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Brandon Coleman, Saints (1 Viewer)

saintfool said:
JFS171 said:
Soulfly3 said:
JFS171 said:
So does anyone else have reservations here? As a flyer, sure... but this is an undrafted guy who spent all of last season on the practice squad. No other NFL team tried to sign him at any point. He's obviously had a strong camp, but is anyone else skeptical that this turns out well?
you've described exactly what a flier is
Touche. I have Coleman in one league... not really tied to him though. I wonder what else is there for New Orleans though. If Coleman busts, who's stepping up in that offense?
Snead.
Sam?

Cards have a great secondary, I'm really looking forward to the opener. Ari will have little to no book on Coleman and Snead, I'm hoping for something spectacular, but reality is rarely an obstacle for Saints fans. If it's Colston/Cooks/Coleman/Snead, I can't imagine there are any other teams starting a 1st, a 7th and two UDFA's in their top 4WRs.

Of course the beauty about Colston is he catches everything in his massive wingspan. Coleman has got to catch some tough ones and even just beat out some challenges, I still haven't seen him "win" one yet.

Of course the beauty about Colston is he catches everything in his massive wingspan. Coleman has got to catch some tough ones and even just beat out some challenges, I still haven't seen him "win" one yet.
SameSongNDance said:
Colston's athleticism is all but gone at this point but I've also noticed that he isn't nearly as sure-handed anymore. I noticed it last year and also in a recent preseason game where he had a gimme in the end zone but just let it slip through his hands.

Here are his most recent catch rates percentages..

2011 - 75%

2012 - 64%

2013 - 68%

2014 - 60%

Not coincidentally, his RZ efficiency has seen a similar decline..

2011 - 13 RZ targets, 10 reception (77%), 4 TDs

2012 - 23 RZ targets, 17 receptions (74%), 10 TDs

2013 - 16 RZ targets, 8 receptions (50%), 3 TDs

2014 - 13 RZ targets, 6 receptions (46%), 3 TDs

I think Colston is rapidly approaching the cliff and I'm left wondering how targets are going to be distributed this year, especially at the beginning of the season if Spiller misses time. Graham specifically accounted for 26% (on average) of NO's RZ targets during his tenure and I highly doubt those all go to Watson/Hill.

Coleman is a big dude, fast for his size (similar to Benjamin) and will potentially find himself in a great situation this year. Due to the upside he's one of my favorite late round grabs this year.
Nope.

This is why Coleman is muy intriguing.

This really isn't the case anymore. Statistically he really has developed a case of the dropsies since 2013 where he had 13 contested drops and saw 15 deflected passes that were deemed catchable. He's still been able to do well vs. zone during his decline but when he's matched up 1v1 he just isn't getting it done anymore.

I might be stuck in the past there, granted. He also had that huge fumble vs Atlanta last year which resulted in an L. Still even now he makes some great grabs and he has Brees' trust and Coleman needs to get there.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think about it we really still don't know what will happen after Cooks and Colston. It remains to be what happens in the early games, as far as the WRs are concerned it's a regime change.

If he busts, I expect to see the Josh Hill show become a regularly scheduled program. He's basically a 3rd wideout anyway because he's a sub-package guy who will almost never block

So is it safe to say Snead is positioning himself as a Lance Moore type?
i see him as more Stills than Moore.Lance was smaller and more quick-than-fast. Snead seems to be sure-handed like Moore was for NO. It will be interesting to see where he lines up.

Snead's measureables are pretty poor...http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/4612/

I dont think Stills is a good comp. At least not physically...http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/4252/

Most notable, 4.38 40 time vs 4.62. Thats substantial.

Doesnt mean Snead wont be a good NFL player. Jarvis Landry has similar attributes and looks like a legit NFL starter. Very different player than Coleman though who is a little faster, a lot bigger, and a lot stronger...http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/4348/

Brandon Coleman - WR - Saints

Drew Brees said he has "a great comfort level" with Brandon Coleman.
Coleman started the third preseason game over Marques Colston, relegating Colston to the slot in three-wide sets. His exact role in the Saints offense remains to be seen, but Coleman projects as the No. 2 option behind Brandin Cooks. Coleman should be drafted as a WR4/5.

If Coleman is actually the #2 wr behind Cooks, without Graham on this team, he could in line for a lot of targets. What are people thinking his target floor is currently?

Just added in all leagues over whoever my worst drafted WR was. Willing to be wearing on the potential #2 for Brees.

I'm officially reaching the point where I wish my drafts would just hurry up and get here (they're scheduled for Mon/Tue) before Coleman's ADP rises any higher.

Yahoo still lists him as having no ADP, so there's hope. But I don't think it lasts until next week, and in my 16-team league people will be onto him for sure.

Had a 45 yard catch tonight. 61 yards. 3 catches on 3 targets. Thats great! The fact that he is getting so much playing time in the 4th game...maybe not such a great sign. Although maybe he just needs reps.

Anyone watching the game? Would love to hear about how he looked. He looked great in print on my screen.

There isn't much competition from behind, Jones, Joe Morgan, Josh Morgan.... Coleman's a big presence and Payton gets him in space, he's better on crossing patterns than you would think. Colston should start throughout the year out of deference but I think Coleman's role will grow gradually.

Seantavius Jones vs. Willie Snead, what do you think Saints fans? And is there any potential there in deep leagues?

Snead seems like a true deep sleeper to me... Everyone's looking to Coleman as he's bigger, faster, and seems to be the starter. Moore came out of nowhere, then Stills kinda came out of nowhere. Snead has produced this preseason while Coleman has the hype. Probably still a guy to watch.

Snead's measureables are pretty poor...http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/4612/

I dont think Stills is a good comp. At least not physically...http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/4252/

Most notable, 4.38 40 time vs 4.62. Thats substantial.

Doesnt mean Snead wont be a good NFL player. Jarvis Landry has similar attributes and looks like a legit NFL starter. Very different player than Coleman though who is a little faster, a lot bigger, and a lot stronger...http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/4348/
Snead's second comp on that list is Deandre Hopkins... Snead's not a metrics freak, but he probably clears the baseline bar to make it in the league.

ConnSKINS26 said:
Seantavius Jones vs. Willie Snead, what do you think Saints fans? And is there any potential there in deep leagues?
Jones has the talent but he's raw coming out of Divison II.

any more thoughts on this guy as the season gets rolling? I'm in a pretty deep league with Foster and possibly Evans out. I doubt I have the stones to throw this guy in there regardless, just interested in any opinions of people who have seen him or watch the situation closely

Snead seems like a true deep sleeper to me... Everyone's looking to Coleman as he's bigger, faster, and seems to be the starter. Moore came out of nowhere, then Stills kinda came out of nowhere. Snead has produced this preseason while Coleman has the hype. Probably still a guy to watch.
Both these guys stand to get a lot of play in the short game.. Brees can't throw it out of his shadow, Snead can't run out of his and Coleman is a massive target.

Coleman is a breakout candidate who could easily be a household name in a few weeks time. The time to grab him cheap has already passed.

was offered a 2016 4th round pick for him, and I absolutely snapped on the owner.

I get his value now is... well... no one knows...

But wtf am I gonna do w a 4th? cmon man

was offered a 2016 4th round pick for him, and I absolutely snapped on the owner.

I get his value now is... well... no one knows...

But wtf am I gonna do w a 4th? cmon man
I'd sell low for a third only because I have a stacked WR crew. A fourth rounder is like a sheet of clean toilet paper.

Thinking about taking a shot with this guy with Mike Evans gimpy.... late game start as well
I'm in the same boat. Tampa weather is wet and soggy, and Lovie Smith is traditionally very conservative with players coming off injuries. I'm kind of hoping Evans is declared out, so it makes the decision easier.

Brees has been a lock for years to throw for ~ 5000 yards a season. Only 4 WRs on roster and no Jimmy Graham? The math doesn't lie. Assuming no significant dropoff, and conceding that Brandin Cooks is in line for a monster season, the distribution has to go somewhere. Right?

I want to believe Coleman will break out, just nervous about it happening today against a quality Arizona secondary.

So weird they only kept 4 WRs. And who the heck is Willie Snead??
(RotoWire)The Saints promoted Jones from the practice squad to the active roster Saturday, Evan Woodbery of The Times Picayune reports.

Analysis: It's not clear who Jones will replace on the active roster, but he will be available for Week 1 after failing to initially make the cut. Jones will slot in fifth on the depth chart at the wide receiver position for the Saints.

Users who are viewing this thread