What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Terrance West, Ravens (1 Viewer)

He is the clear cut most talented back in this class. Obviously he has off field issues and probably naive on my part but I'm not to concerned with what happened 2 years ago.

He is the clear cut most talented back in this class. Obviously he has off field issues and probably naive on my part but I'm not to concerned with what happened 2 years ago.
I'm assuming the above was in regards to Crowell and not West... And I would agree...

As for West I'm interested to see where he goes for sure

Finesse runner with good hands. No power for a 225lb RB. Don't see how he's any better than Lorenzo Taliaferro.
I'm very curious about this statement. Looked like he had decent power to me. Anything in particular that makes you think that?

Finesse runner with good hands. No power for a 225lb RB. Don't see how he's any better than Lorenzo Taliaferro.
I'm very curious about this statement. Looked like he had decent power to me. Anything in particular that makes you think that?
He's more of slippery type of runner, not a tackle-breaker like an Alfred Morris.

Rotoworld:

Towson RB Terrance West is visiting the Seahawks on Wednesday, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.
Per Brandt and other reports, West visited the Ravens on Monday and the Vikings on Tuesday. He also previously worked out for the Cardinals and had an official visit with the Titans. There is a chance that West will be the first non-FBS player off the board, but he'll battle Jimmy Garoppolo, Billy Turner and Pierre Desir for that title.

Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

He's more of slippery type of runner, not a tackle-breaker like an Alfred Morris.
I think you are right, I just rewatched a couple of his games. He sometimes gets nice carries up the middle when he gets a running start but often it is 1-2 yard carries. He likes bouncing to the outside too if the middle is crowded.

Falcons bringing in Towson's West for visit

By Vaughn McClure | ESPN.com

The Atlanta Falcons obviously are impressed with at least one small-school running back.

Towson University's Terrance West, a player the Falcons reportedly worked out privately, is scheduled to visit the team next Wednesday, according to a league source.

The 5-foot-9, 225-pound West opened eyes with an impressive performance during his pro day. He is projected as a third-round pick after leaving school a year early.

In three seasons at Towson, West rushed for 4,849 yards on 802 carries with 84 touchdowns. His touchdown total tied the NCAA FCS record set by Georgia Southern's Adrian Peterson, the brother of former Falcon Mike Peterson.

Although the Falcons still believe in veteran Steven Jackson, they'll need to draft another running back for the future. Jason Snelling's abrupt retirement created a need for more depth at the position although the Falcons have Jacquizz Rodgers and Antone Smith returning.

The Falcons also have top offensive tackle Jake Matthews from Texas A&M visiting next week, as well as UCLA outside linebacker Anthony Barr.

Rotoworld:

Towson RB Terrance West should "get mentioned among Carlos Hyde, Bishop Sankey and the other top backs in this year's draft," according to NFL.com's Charles Davis.
Davis is presumably speaking to the public, here, as many experts have been espousing West's virtues for months now. "He has the tools to be an effective workhorse in the NFL," Davis wrote. West is a one-cut, downhill runner who flashes good vision and power, which was apparent as he slapped down 2,578 yards and 41 touchdowns last season. The 5-foot-9, 225-pounder ran an impressive 4.54 second 40-yard dash in Indy.

Source: NFL.com

Rotoworld:

Towson RB Terrance West visited the San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills and the Atlanta Falcons this week, according to Aaron Wilson.
The Falcons visit was previously reported, but the 49ers and Bills are two new names. Both teams are focused on implementing a heavy ground attack, and West offers a pinball style. He could be a third-round selection.

Source: Baltimore Sun

We're in the middle of our rookie draft in one league and I snagged West at 2.5. Maybe a bit of a reach, but I think he could be a starter right away in the right system.

Rotoworld:

An anonymous scout told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Towson RB Terrance West "doesn't take coaching."
"You might as well not even waste your time," the scout said. West sold shoes in Baltimore upon his high school graduation but caught a pair of buses to try out at nearby Towson. "He made it that way," another scout said. "He has a little bit of an edge. He's a real street kid. But the guy has some hunger and football's important to him." The 5-foot-9, 225-pounder is a favorite sleeper of more than one analyst due to his intriguing combo of size and speed (and, we suppose, productivity; 2,578 yards and 41 touchdowns last season). "Dominated I-AA football," a third scout said. "He's not a blazer but he's a 4.5 guy. He's a yoked-up 225. Good feet. Knows how to play. Good hands. For a guy that was the back of I-AA football, pretty good pass pro guy. He's been the king of his level and school." West finished as the No. 6 RB prospect in the newspaper's poll of NFL scouts.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Rotoworld:

Browns traded up with the 49ers to select Towson RB Terrance West with the No. 94 overall pick in the 2014 draft.
West (5-foot-9 1/4, 225) was a decorated D-IAA runner, earning Offensive Player of the Year in both the Colonial Athletic Association and all of FCS as a senior. He piled up 802 career carries for 4,849 yards (6.05 YPC) and 84 touchdowns, catching 36 passes. West boosted his stock with a 4.54 forty at the Combine and 10-foot broad jump. He's not a quick-twitch short-area mover, but West's college tape is as good as an running back in this class, with power to beat first contact and Alfred Morris-like jump cuts in the open field. He has enough natural run talent and versatility to become an NFL feature back. He has a strong chance at earning No. 2 duties behind Ben Tate.

Related: 49ers

Was loving this guy until Charley Casserly said he would beat out Tate and be a 1000 yard rusher.

Rotoworld:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer says the Browns "absolutely love" Terrance West.
All teams are going to "love" their picks two days after the draft, but this one feels more genuine. The Browns traded up to get West in the third round despite a glaring wideout need. They plan to implement a conservative, run-based attack and know Ben Tate's durability is a serious concern. West drew pre-draft comparisons to Alfred Morris, who emerged as a star under new Browns OC Kyle Shanahan. West is going to have real fantasy value in Year 1.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Was loving this guy until Charley Casserly said he would beat out Tate and be a 1000 yard rusher.
Casserly: Terrance West will beat out Ben Tate in Cleveland

By Bryan Fischer

College Football 24/7 writer

With Brian Hoyer coming off an ACL injury and a young quarterback on the roster in Johnny Manziel, it's safe to say the Cleveland Browns will do their best to have a strong running game to take the presure off either of those two. That's one reason why the front office gave running back Ben Tate a two-year deal in the offseason.

While most expect the signing of Tate to signal he will be the lead back, NFL Media analyst Charley Casserly thinks the team's pick of Terrance West in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft could allow West to be the starter in the Cleveland backfield.

"This is my favorite player for the round they got him in," Casserly said on "Path to the Draft." "2,500 yards last year and a natural in the zone-running scheme that Kyle Shanahan runs. Here's my prediction: This guy is going to beat out Ben Tate to be the starting running back this year."

A 5-foot-9, 225-pound back, West led FCS players in rushing last season and was considered by some to be the third-best running back in the draft. West is not a speedy guy, but he's shown good vision, and his tough, between-the-tackles running style should translate well at the next level.

"Another big back with great feet," NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock said during the draft. "In the semifinal of FCS playoffs, in the snow, he had about as good a game as a running back can have. West is kind of like Carlos Hyde and Jeremy Hill. He's a big back with excellent feet. He catches the ball pretty well, too."

West does have a favorable running back situation in Cleveland. While Tate figures to be the starter initially, there's not a ton of depth behind him, and West probably enters camp as the primary backup.

The only thing that might complicate things for West taking the job during the season might be the presence of another rookie. The team signed former SEC freshman of the year Isaiah Crowell as an undrafted free agent, and he could be another option for the team to boost the running game. Crowell carried a late-round grade entering the draft, mostly because of off-the-field issues, but he certainly will be another talent on the roster who can run the ball.

Either way, it should be an interesting situation in the Browns running back rooom.

Follow Bryan Fischer on Twitter @BryanDFischer.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do people view the Tate vs West vs Crowell situation now? Sounds an awful lot like the Rams last year with 3 bodies competing for the job (clearly with more talent though).

West is a one cut runner. That's the offense they are going to run. He has a great chance to win the job. Crowell is very talented but he is not a one cut runner so he will have to learn to run that way. Tate is just injury prone. I think he gets injured in camp and West gets the job. Cleveland is going to pound the ball without Gordon this year.

West is a one cut runner. That's the offense they are going to run. He has a great chance to win the job. Crowell is very talented but he is not a one cut runner so he will have to learn to run that way. Tate is just injury prone. I think he gets injured in camp and West gets the job. Cleveland is going to pound the ball without Gordon this year.
I hate the fact that West ended up on the Browns - was already concerned about his age (24 in January) and now he's battling for PT with two other talented RB's (albeit with issues - injuries and character). If you made me choose one, I'd pick West but I'm not excited about it.

I hate the fact that West ended up on the Browns - was already concerned about his age (24 in January) and now he's battling for PT with two other talented RB's (albeit with issues - injuries and character). If you made me choose one, I'd pick West but I'm not excited about it.
Maybe not the best situation but certainly not the worst.

West reminds me alot of Alfred Morris. The way he runs is kinda similar, especially being the one cut and go type. He'll fit perfectly with Kyle Shanahan in Cleveland.

Maybe after the first time West gets injured, the fantasy community will say he's injury prone.

Maybe not the best situation but certainly not the worst.
I'd be more worried about him looking good vs C grade talent than his age and situation honestly.

Look at Andre Ellington last season. Most of the fantasy sites had his pre-draft grade in the top 5 among RBs and in most drafts after he went to Arizona he slipped mightly because of 'situation'. Now? Coming into this season, most people would probably give up their 1st or 2nd round pick from last season to swap it with Ellington.

Situation can change fast. I will almost always evaluate players in dynasty based on talent above situation. The only guy really in front of West is Tate. Tate, the guy who already lost his job once to a undrafted RB because of injury. Wouldn't be crazy to see that happen again.

Honestly, when I watch films of West I see Morris with less balance and more speed. So that makes me think hmm, Kyle Shanahan probably is going to implement his Dad's style of RB. Tate and West fit the bill, Crowell most certainly doesn't.

My issue watching West's videos is I see a lot of pros but also some cons...

Pros - Great vision and a big body.

Cons - Doesn't have elite top end speed, you won't see him breaking many 40+ yard runs. Also his explosion out of the backfield leaves a little to be desired to me. When I think of the great backs in the NFL right now (Foster, Peterson, Lynch, hell even Morris) they all have that plant and explode style in their first cut. When you watch them run it feels like it's one step and their into the LBs. With West I'm able to really notice his 2nd and 3rd steps. He's an old rookie, which wouldn't be a problem but he has 780 carries in the last 3 seasons at Towson. Also, he can't side step the bounds line. Every time you see him try his next step hits the line and he's out. He doesn't seem to possess the ability to walk that tight rope into the end zone on a counter play.

Personally, I'm a fan of his situation. I think he could beat out Tate. I'm just not sure I'm buying into his overall skillset as much as some.

Rotoworld:

Terrance West - RB - Browns

The Cleveland Plain Dealer predicts the 2014 Browns will finish in the top three in the NFL in both rushing yards and rushing attempts.

The Browns finished in the bottom five in both categories last season, but their starting tailback was Willis McGahee, who's now out of the NFL. Ben Tate and rookie Terrance West are the primary candidates for carries in a Cleveland offense that will manage Johnny Manziel like the Redskins did in 2012 with Robert Griffin III, and the Seahawks have Russell Wilson. West is a fantasy football mega-sleeper. Tate has a chance to provide solid RB2 value.

Related: Ben Tate

Jun 1 - 4:35 PM

Khy wrote:

He's an old rookie, which wouldn't be a problem but he has 780 carries in the last 3 seasons at Towson.
I wonder whether a college RB with a lot of carries is a GOOD rather than bad thing, relative to durability. After all, they have proven already that they can be a bell cow back and not get injured or play through injury. I don't really buy the "lots of miles=run down and ready to break" analogy. People are not cars.

If no one has ever done a study, I would love to see if there is a correlation between number of carries/year in college and number of carries/year in Pros. Does durability transfer from college to Pro or do college backs with many carries enter the Pros with less mileage to spare?

Regarding age, I do recall seeing a study a few years that showed the younger a RB was at the time he went Pro the better his career. But I figure that this is a result of backs who get to start early and perform well being able to get noticed and go Pro at a younger age. In West's case, it is probably harder to be noticed in a division II school and so maybe that leads to guys taking longer to come out.

Hasn't it been shown in several studies, around here and elsewhere, that it doesn't matter what the workload is, RBs break down due to age. I think there was some sort of exception to that but it was like 400+ carries in a single season and that impacting the following season.

To me, workloads in college are a total no factor. I view it as a positive because fit gives me and the real talent evaluators more information to go on.

Rotoworld:

Third-round RB Terrance West is handling the majority of the first-team reps at Browns minicamp and is "expected to play a major role" on offense this season.
Ben Tate has been taking part in individual drills at minicamp but hasn't participated in 11-on-11s. West is getting the bulk of the reps with the starters, with Chris Ogobonnaya mixing in. Tate broke four ribs last season, so it's possible the Browns are being cautious with the injury-prone back. Tate has missed 24-of-64 games since entering the league. West gets what's blocked and has the ability to break through initial contact. His current eighth-round ADP should continue to rise over summer. West could easily end up leading the Browns in carries.

What inspires so much confidence in a third round selection from Towson, to already think he's better than a established veteran?

At this juncture, I'd call it pretty dubious to expect West to beat out Ben Tate - a quality back in his own right. A time share seems a little more reasonable, though I wouldn't call it likely. I still have to think Ben Tate most likely gets the lion's share; a practice without pads won't alter my opinion either.

What inspires so much confidence in a third round selection from Towson, to already think he's better than a established veteran?

At this juncture, I'd call it pretty dubious to expect West to beat out Ben Tate - a quality back in his own right. A time share seems a little more reasonable, though I wouldn't call it likely. I still have to think Ben Tate most likely gets the lion's share; a practice without pads won't alter my opinion either.
For me, it's the facts that they traded up to get him and they only gave Tate a two year, extremely team friendly deal.

Tate is a veteran. But I wouldn't call him "established" in the slightest.

Andy Dufresne said:
For me, it's the facts that they traded up to get him and they only gave Tate a two year, extremely team friendly deal.
Tate is a veteran. But I wouldn't call him "established" in the slightest.
Let's not make out Tate as a slouch though. Not too long ago, he entered the league with as much buzz as West, or more. In his three years, at least he hasn't revealed himself a failure. He's performed well with his (limited) time on field, although injuries and Arian Foster have held him back. For sure, Tate has 'established' himself more than West.

There's a lot of reasons to like West as a prospect, but third round picks are not sure things. We don't have an Adrian Peterson/Chester Taylor situation on our hands.

cloppbeast said:

Beating out Tate is remote, no doubt. What inspires confidence though is that Tate has never stayed healthy and all he has to do is beat out Crowell for the backup role. The odds he beats out Crowell are very strong. So, we are then left pondering the healthy, or ability to stay healthy, of Tate. It's possible Clev limits Tate a good bit this season knowing his past. Maybe a not a RBBC per say but enough looks for the backup to make some noise. Or, it's possible Tate simply gets injured again. In that case having the Clev backup would be cashing in on a lottery ticket.

Beating out Tate is remote, no doubt. What inspires confidence though is that Tate has never stayed healthy and all he has to do is beat out Crowell for the backup role. The odds he beats out Crowell are very strong. So, we are then left pondering the healthy, or ability to stay healthy, of Tate. It's possible Clev limits Tate a good bit this season knowing his past. Maybe a not a RBBC per say but enough looks for the backup to make some noise. Or, it's possible Tate simply gets injured again. In that case having the Clev backup would be cashing in on a lottery ticket.
On that note, West offers more value as a handcuff for the Tate owner.

Tate is currently limited in his OTA and minicamp reps for what it is worth. It is still early, and nothing to panic over just yet, but if it continues into July & August, it could open up the door for West or Crowell to seize a larger workload.

@7RoundsInApril · Jun 10

Remember...comps use pre-draft info for all players - current prospects are compared only to past *prospects*. NFL careers not considered.
@7RoundsInApril · Jun 10

Ranked first by tier, and then within tier. Assumes all positions have equal value.
@7RoundsInApril · Jun 10

#8 Terrance West: Alfred Morris, CJ Anderson, Pierre Thomas (at 220+ - was 209 at combine), maybe Travis Henry with + receiving skill
@7RoundsInApril · Jun 10

Forgot to mention... #6 to #12 are Elite Prospects with Added Risk or Good Prospects with Clean Profiles

Terry's Talkin' about Cavs draft, Browns running game and Indians -- Terry Pluto

Excerpt:

About the Browns ground game

A year ago, guess what team led the league in passes attempted?

It's the same team that had the fewest rushing touchdowns in the NFL. That's right, your Cleveland Browns.

Switching between Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell and Brian Hoyer -- the Browns heaved 681 passes in 2013. The next team throwing the ball the most was Denver (675 attempts). That made sense because Peyton Manning was the quarterback.

But the Browns ... the most passes in the NFL?

Part of the reason was the Trent Richardson trade after the second game of the season. They replaced him at running back with an aching, aging, Willis McGahee and his grumpy knees. The 2013 Browns acted as if the running game was totally irrelevant -- and they had Otto Graham at quarterback.

That's why General Manager Ray Farmer deserves credit for signing Ben Tate to start at running back, then drafting Terrance West in the third round.

1. Tate has battled injuries for much of his career. But this is not the return of Montario Hardesty, who never was healthy enough to stay on the field for long. Tate rushed for 771 yards last season, a 4.3-yard average. In 2011, it was 942 yards (5.4 average).

2. Having played only three years and being 25, Tate should have some miles left on his football tires.

3. West had a monster career at Towson State, where he rushed for 2,509 yards and 41 touchdowns. His team lost to North Dakota State in the FCS championship game. That's the division once called 1-AA, where Youngstown State was a national power under Jim Tressel.

4. Key quote from Coach Mike Pettine: "I think in the AFC North, you have to be running back by committee. You'd like to have a guy that can carry most of the load, but also be able to alternate guys ... you've got to be able to get fresh legs out there."

As Browns fans know, running backs get hurt. Last season, Dion Lewis broke his leg. Hardesty had knee issues. Richardson was traded.

So much for depth in the backfield.

Lewis joins Tate and West in the backfield. Edwin Baker also is in camp, and he had some nice moments near the end of last season with 171 yards in 43 carries, a 4.0 average. Baker had 50 percent of the Browns rushing touchdowns -- two. The other two were scored by McGahee.

Baker has had some very good moments in the spring practices. It seems he is ahead of veteran Chris Ogbonnaya.

Ogbonnaya may be used mostly on special teams. He had a chance to establish himself last season. Not sure if part of the problem was that he had to play some fullback, or that had some minor injuries, but his stats (240 yards in 49 carries for a 4.9 average) seem better than how he actually played.

The backs most worthy of discussion are Tate and West, but an honorable mention to Baker. Lewis also is on the roster, but he doesn't seem to be receiving a lot of attention. Undrafted rookie Isaiah Crowell has had some nice moments.

But really, the story has been West and Tate.

Pettine likes what he's seen of West and Tate: "They're both always looking to work north and south. They have a good feel for the zone (blocking) scheme and are able to put their foot in the ground and get north and south. It's encouraging when you get the feeling you're going to have runners that are going to get yardage after contact and are very rarely going to get knocked back."

Pettine means that West and Tate make one quick cut, then run straight ahead. Remember how Richardson fell into the bad habit and stalling and dancing before hitting the hole? The Browns want to avoid that, and believe Tate and West have the right approach for the offense.

The 5-foot-9, 230-pound West has impressed.

"He's already just flashed some of the things that made him special," said Pettine. "For a big man to move the way that he moves, just some of the cuts that he's made. He's got dancer-type feet, but it's in a 230-pound man."

What are West's chances of winning the passing down role in the offense?

Ben Tate has been astoundingly bad as a receiver. He is below 5.0 YPR for his career (287 yards on 58 receptions), and last year he was below 3.0 yards per target (140 yards on 49 targets). In other words, throwing the ball to Ben Tate was like handing it off to Trent Richardson.

Chris Ogbonnaya is Chris Ogbonnaya.

Isaiah Crowell had under 200 receiving yards total during his college career at Georgia & Alabama St.

West wasn't used a ton as a receiver at Towson, but he did have a 26/258/1 receiving line his last season. Scouting report lists route running and pass protection among his weaknesses, but says he could contribute as a receiver.

Does anyone have a guess on how this will play out? Someone has to catch the ball in Cleveland. Maybe that'll include some nice receiving numbers for a RB?

I was reading some stuff the other day suggesting that West is the best option as a 3rd down or receiving RB.

Not from the coaches but from writers mind you. Although as you point out Tate has not been particularly good as a receiver so far in his career.

The stuff I read seems to be derived from recent comments by HC Petine who was saying that they will have a RBBC.

I was watching some of West again the other day. A highlight reel where many of the runs he is going laterally across the field. There are a few example of him doing a nice job in pass protection. One of them the rushing defender gets knocked down and West is able to release into the flat and catch that ball.

Watching these highlights I come away from it thinking West has good patience and uses his blockers well. At the same time, on many of these plays where he is stretching the defense out to the sideline, he doesn't get that muich yardage unless the blocking takes the defenders out. He doesn't show the speed to hit that corner and beat the defense to the edge. I come away from it wondering how well many of those runs would have worked at a division one school where defenders are much more athletic.

Ben Tate has been astoundingly bad as a receiver. He is below 5.0 YPR for his career (287 yards on 58 receptions), and last year he was below 3.0 yards per target (140 yards on 49 targets). In other words, throwing the ball to Ben Tate was like handing it off to Trent Richardson.

Isaiah Crowell had under 200 receiving yards total during his college career at Georgia & Alabama St.

West wasn't used a ton as a receiver at Towson, but he did have a 26/258/1 receiving line his last season. Scouting report lists route running and pass protection among his weaknesses, but says he could contribute as a receiver.

Does anyone have a guess on how this will play out? Someone has to catch the ball in Cleveland. Maybe that'll include some nice receiving numbers for a RB?
I think Crowell and West are better receivers than Tate is. Tate just doesn't have any "elusiveness" as a receiver.

Two of Crowell's receptions:

1:35 - catches with hands, not body

2:23 - hops left to avoid defender/bocker quickly bursts upfield

Dion Lewis, maybe?

Ben Tate - RB - Browns
Browns.com's Vic Carucci considers Ben Tate "at least a slight favorite" for the team's starting tailback job, but expects third-round pick Terrance West to pose serious competition.
Carucci expects a "spirited" battle, stating West has "quickly emerged as a formidable challenger." Carucci notes West is a "natural" in OC Kyle Shanahan's outside-zone scheme, and it "wouldn’t be the least bit surprising if he ends up winning the starting job or at least getting a significant number of carries in what is expected to be a run-oriented offense." Tate's ADP is the middle of the fifth round; West generally lasts until early in the eighth.
Related: Terrance West

Source: clevelandbrowns.com
Jul 18 - 4:57 PM

Terrance West - RB - Browns
Browns moved RB Terrance West off active/NFI and onto the active roster.
The rumor was that West failed his conditioning test, but he denied that. Regardless, it doesn't matter now. He's on the active roster, working out with the team and will be ready to do battle with Ben Tate for the starting running back job when full-squad work begins Saturday. West's brief stint on active/NFI will have no impact on his progress.

Jul 24 - 12:57 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi predicts rookie Terrance West will handle 10 carries per game this season.
Grossi considers Ben Tate the favorite for Cleveland's lead back job, and we do, too. West is likely to be involved in a high-volume run game from the outset, however, and would take over as the Browns' primary runner in the event of a Tate injury, which based on Tate's history wouldn't be far-fetched. On ten carries a game, West could flirt with RB3/flex value even with Tate in the lineup.

Source: Tony Grossi on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Browns RBs coach Wilbert Montgomery said rookie Terrance West "has some shades of Brian Westbrook."

"He can break you down with his right leg. He can break you down with his left leg," Montgomery continued. "He has that Ricky Watters, Walter Payton, lure-you-to-sleep-on-the-sideline move that I can accelerate or play like Im going to accelerate and come back inside. Those are traits I havent seen in a while." High praise. However, this all came after Montgomery called Ben Tate "the guy" in the Cleveland backfield. The battle between the two is just beginning.

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal

Jul 29 - 9:54 AM

Rotoworld:

Browns RBs coach Wilbert Montgomery said rookie Terrance West "has some shades of Brian Westbrook."

"He can break you down with his right leg. He can break you down with his left leg," Montgomery continued. "He has that Ricky Watters, Walter Payton, lure-you-to-sleep-on-the-sideline move that I can accelerate or play like Im going to accelerate and come back inside. Those are traits I havent seen in a while." High praise. However, this all came after Montgomery called Ben Tate "the guy" in the Cleveland backfield. The battle between the two is just beginning.

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal

Jul 29 - 9:54 AM
Does anyone else find it weird that the RB coach says Ben Tate is "the guy" but then the sound bite says "the battle between the two is just beginning?"

The coach seems to imply that there is no battle.

Curious how dynasty owners feel about West after seeing a few preseason games? What are your initial impressions?

He is the clear RB2 backing up Tate. He didn't have a great preseason but he didn't have a horrible one either. Lots of people thought Crowell would leap frog him and that didn't happen, so that's a positive. On the other hand, there was question at the beginning of preseason if Tate had a solid hold on starting gig, and I think Tate answered those questions. So, West has limited redraft value unless, or until, Tate gets hurt. And therein lies West's value because Tate has had a history of getting injured.

Users who are viewing this thread