What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Terrance West, Ravens (4 Viewers)

Anyone have some opinions on how long West can stay as the starter? - All season if healthy?

- Also what do you expect in terms of splitting carries, will it be the same as before only with West and Dixon? Or would it be West Allen and Dixon? Or does West stay a bell cow?

The decision to drop Forsett just as Dixon comes back seems odd. Why not just let West tote the ball as the lead back all year if Forsett was always the placeholder for Dixon?

The decision to drop Forsett just as Dixon comes back seems odd. Why not just let West tote the ball as the lead back all year if Forsett was always the placeholder for Dixon?
Because Forsett and West were competing for the right to stay on the roster when Dixon came back.

I believe West has a bit of skill in the RB position..  It could be just power and vision.

It seems to me that there might have been a competition between Forsett and West for the starter role.  I believe West won.  Forsett may not have the wheels left to compete again next Season.  Personally, I dont think the Coach cared to cut Forsett just to be cutting him.  But I dont believe the Coach wanted to risk starting over this early in the year.  Im saying the Coach needs able bodys for the RB position.  Basically the coach has an additional cop back which should keep his bases covered.  Harbaugh may indeed have big plans for Dixon, but I think hes just another puzzle piece at this point. 

Please understand Im not implying to not chase Dixon.  Dixon sounds similar to a ten touch guy.  West could bang the line all day for 70 hard yards, while Dixon takes some trickery play to the house.  But yeah, I believe West is finally putting in the work, and getting the job done :clap:

We will see. West needs to perform against a team not named Raiders before I buy he will keep Dixon down. 

Dixon is coming off of a knee injury, and may he need a couple of weeks to get back into football shape.

...but he is the a better RB than West, regardless of what either of them do this weekend.

“Coach Andy Reid gave Mornhinweg the play-calling responsibilities, " " a role Mornhinweg continued through the 2012 season, until becoming the Jets Offensive Coordinator in 2013.”

“Mornhinweg’s offenses have finished 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th and 12th in total offense, and regularly highly ranked in big plays.”

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2016/10/10/13227880/who-is-the-ravens-offensive-coordinator-marty-mornhinweg

Whats the odds that West is finally willing to put in the work, and be the man for his hometown Ravens?  I think Baltimore might be fixing to hit the switch!

Dixon is coming off of a knee injury, and may he need a couple of weeks to get back into football shape.

...but he is the a better RB than West, regardless of what either of them do this weekend.
Just a couple touches but he did not show much lateral movement there. I think he's a few weeks away still or at least until that brace comes off.

I think assuming dixon over takes west this year is a mistake
I dropped Dixon for booker this week. Figured I may be able to get him back after Thursday game. Not sure either is going to have great value this year. Their offense just looks off this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dixon--2016 rookie who is 100% a CoP back that people keep trying to pretend will be a stud. Past winners include Gio, the Duke, Andre the non-giant Ellington, and of course the lifetime achievement award winner, CJ I think I heard something break Spiller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dixon--2016 rookie who is 100% a CoP back that people keep trying to pretend will be a stud. Past winners include Gio, the Duke, Andre the non-giant Ellington, and of course the lifetime achievement award winner, CJ I think I heard something break Spiller.
Dont forget Charles Sims

ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley believes "everything has fallen in place" for Terrance West this offseason.

Hensley notes the hiring of coach Greg Roman, the four-game suspension of Kenneth Dixon, and the lack of competition added in free agency or the draft as wins for West. Danny Woodhead might quibble with the last point, but he is probably not a real threat to West's work on early downs. Coach John Harbaugh said West was atop the depth chart at the end of March, and he has a good chance to stay there throughout at least the early part of the season.

Source: ESPN 
May 4 - 10:43 AM

Ravens re-signed restricted free agent RB Terrance West to a one-year, $1.797 million contract.
The Ravens entered last week's draft as one of the NFL's likeliest teams to draft a running back, yet they emerged without a single skill-position player added. That means West is sitting atop the depth chart in Baltimore, at least until Kenneth Dixon returns from his four-game suspension. West totaled career highs in yards from scrimmage (1,010) and touchdowns (6) last season. He'll be worth a mid- to late-round look in fantasy drafts.

May 8 - 5:45 PM

Ravens senior offensive assistant Greg Roman said, "I'm looking forward to [Terrance West] toting the rock this year."

West has been considered the Ravens' starter during Kenneth Dixon's four-game suspension, but Roman is suggesting that West will not be benched when Dixon returns. Earlier this month, ESPN's Jamison Hensley called West the "unquestioned starter." Dixon and West will battle for carries, and Danny Woodhead will be used on passing downs and in the red zone.

Related: Kenneth Dixon

Source: Jeff Zrebiec from Twitter 

Jun 15 - 2:10 PM

I think this guy is under rated--he seems to be ranked in the 40s or 50s for RBs.  It looks like he has a secure starting gig for four games and a chance to lock it down for the year.  No, he won't be a RB1 but he has a decent chance to be a RB2.

I think this guy is under rated--he seems to be ranked in the 40s or 50s for RBs.  It looks like he has a secure starting gig for four games and a chance to lock it down for the year.  No, he won't be a RB1 but he has a decent chance to be a RB2.
So you're saying there's a chance?

-Lloyd Christmas

I don't like his odds of being an RB2, nor do I like his odds of having any utility to a fantasy team in weeks 13-16. If for some reason you have Dixon or Martin as your RB2 and no depth behind them, West is an excellent pickup for 3-4 weeks of spot start duty.

He's currently RB48. Sure, that's really cheap, but I'd rather take a shot at a guy who has a lower floor and higher upside.

What does RB2 mean?  Does it mean another 1010 total yard,  6 touchdown season?  Because that made him somewhere around rb20-25 in most scoring staters last year. And yet he was pretty brutal to own,  and probably will be again. His most valuable weeks last year were weeks 4-6 when he had 325 total yards and 3 touchdowns, but by necessity that means his other 13 weeks were 685 yards and 3 touchdowns.  About 53 yards with a 1 in 4 chance of scoring a touchdown.  Yuck.

He should have some value weeks 1-4, but how are you building your team that you're starting Terrance West before any injuries happen to your team?  Even with the browns and jaguar on the early schedule.  He had the browns and jags weeks 2 and 3 last year,  too. 1 catch,  57 total yards.  1 catch,  53 total yards.  In 4 games against the browns, jets and jaguars he had under 200 total yards and 0 touchdowns, and that was without Danny woodhead making it even harder to guess, and before Dixon had any experience.   So it sucks playing him.

Is he better in best ball?  Not really. Sure you'd have gotten his 5 ok games, but lots of guys should have 5 ok games.  His steady single digit point production is actually less valuable in best ball.

Have they talked him up this off season?  A little, but what else are they going to do?  He's the week 1-4 starter.  They're not going to declare the competition over in June.  That doesn't mean he can't improve at age 26 - his numbers last year were a slight improvement over his rookie season.   It just means he's not that you can't assume positive coach speak means he's made any huge leaps. So far the only thing they've really said is he hasn't lost the week 5-17 job.  That's not really news.

But let's say he puts up identical numbers to last year and plays 16 games with random distribution of his 1010/6. That's still a guy you're going to want to bench if you have any waiver rb getting a short term opportunity. A lot of options would would look appetizing next to 63 total yards with a 40% chance of a touchdown.  Which means despite his rb23 finish in 16 games last year,  he's not really a rb2 - he's a low ppg option that accumulated more points than better guys who missed games or who only started part of the year.  

He's a sucker play. The kind of guy people draft by looking at his total numbers and immediately regret. Don't be that guy.

I recently acquired him and garcon for 3 very late rookie picks to give me a little more reliable depth on my bench. Even if he busts or i never start him and cut him next year, the opportunity to flip him if he plays well or if i end up needing him to play and he gives me a reasonable output in those situations was well worth my investment, imo

with players like these in situations like these, its really about your investment when determining their values

i feel like west has a solid opportunity to keep a real role in the offense when dixon comes back, but like with forsett and allen, they dont fall in love with a player because they had a few good games, he could be worthless at any time

Hopefully, we get some improvement considering time in the system, and the prove it contract..  Its been hard though, to actually start the man..  Its like that WR that ya just need him to get 5 catchs for 80 yds, too keep your team in the game..  But youre thinking if he don't score, I'm skewered..  Its just when I sit and think 50 yds?  I'm gonna go elsewhere, and have to hope their hot..  Woodhead could maybe cut in some, but make the GL touchs relevant every week.. I will lock him in my lineup, if hes scoring almost every week  OR  He starts hittin 100 yds on a regular basis..  Think youre right though, hes under-rated.. 

Any word on if he's a go today?
Ravens' Terrance West: Expected to play against Jaguars

4H AGO • By RotoWire Staff

West (calf) should suit up Sunday against the Jaguars, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Rapoport as usual didn't name his source, but West practiced Friday, so there's a good chance he has a meaningful role. Just keep in mind Javorius Allen has seen significant work both on passing downs and some early ones, and Alex Collins also got into the mix in Week 2 when West was banged up and could also see an increased workload.

Users who are viewing this thread