What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DuJuan Harris - RB - Packers (1 Viewer)

BallparkFrank

Footballguy
Anyone here think DuJuan Harris is worth an add as an end of season stash for keeper/dynasty leagues? He somehow managed to get the start last night for the Packers and honestly had the only two runs of the game that remain lodged in my memory. I haven't seen much, but he almost seems like he could be a rich man's Jacquizz Rodgers in that he runs with a bit more power for a short RB. In addition to that, the comments from Aaron Rodgers saying he could be "special down the line for us" or something to that effect, caught my attention. What say you...

Quotes from McCarthy's Monday presser:

I like a lot about DuJuan Harris. I'd like to get him in a game more, do a lot with him. I didn't want him to get lost in the game-planning portion of the game, so he started. He's as fast vertically as he is horizontally.
I think our personnel department does a good job of its evaluation. The only thing is DuJuan Harris is 5-foot-7, but you watch the tape. When teammates high-five in practice, that speaks volumes.
Quality of play sometimes favors the one who has the fielded tilted his way like DuJuan Harris. We haven't had a guy run like he did around the corner on the first play during my time here. Players have to execute and play through bad angles. You're always looking for an advantage.
There's also this from Marshall Newhouse:
The first day of practice. He jumped out at practice. He was the guy - even all the vets - that you noticed. Definitely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to wonder about his upside considering he got beat out by Parmele & scrubs in Jax
I wouldn't judge anybodys talent based on the actions of the Jax. braintrust.
On the other hand he was also judged by 31 other teams not to be worth even a 7th round draft pick.
Brett Favre, Tom Brady and Joe Montana were judged as not being worthy of being first-round picks. GMs and scouts screw up all the time. Sometimes they screw up in significantly awful ways (like with the three QBs above) and sometimes they screw up in much smaller ways. Not saying Harris is someone teams should be upset about passing over at this time. He very well may end up being a scrub. But he definitely ran with an extra gear we haven't seen from any of the Green Bay RBs this season. Maybe that was just a product of playing against the Lions but the Packers have been working Harris more and more with the starters during practices the last couple of weeks so they're seeing something they like. As a Packers fan I'd like to see more of him. As a fantasy football owner, maybe he's worth picking up in very large leagues but I'm not sure he'd become fantasy relevant unless Green gets hurt. Green's also looked much better of late and did nothing last night in my opinion to warrant fewer snaps and touches.

Even an RB getting 20+ touches has only marginal fantasy starter value in this offense, because the RB will rarely score many TDs. Unless he's the unheralded second coming of MJD, there's probably nothing to see here.

But as a long-odds gamble, why not, I guess?

As a Packers fan I'd like to see more of him. As a fantasy football owner, maybe he's worth picking up in very large leagues but I'm not sure he'd become fantasy relevant unless Green gets hurt. Green's also looked much better of late and did nothing last night in my opinion to warrant fewer snaps and touches.
While I agree with the bolded, it's not like Green hasn't had opportunity. He's been underwhelming, and while he's looked better of late... who knows if it lasts? If Harris continues to impress (and by the reports, he's impressing the coaches, the vets, the QB), then I could see him getting more looks. One Post-Gazette article referenced that there was optimism (presumably among the coaches/FO guys that the reporter interacts with) that Harris could be another James Starks - a late season bloomer that explodes in the playoff push.In my 16-teamer, I'll throw a flyer at the guy... RBs are tremendously hard to acquire in deeper leagues, and are always worth something on the trade block if they've got opportunity. Even a 12-teamer with deep benches... Harris may be worth a shot.

Green has looked much better of late. I don't think he's been underwhelming lately at all and I thought he looked very good last night. That being said, as a Packers' fan I liked the extra gear Harris ran with and I want to see him get more involved to see if he can bring a little explosiveness to the running attack. That's something Benson, Green and Starks have failed to provide.

Green has looked much better of late. I don't think he's been underwhelming lately at all and I thought he looked very good last night. That being said, as a Packers' fan I liked the extra gear Harris ran with and I want to see him get more involved to see if he can bring a little explosiveness to the running attack. That's something Benson, Green and Starks have failed to provide.
IMO...I like how they are handling the backs.Keeping everyone involved...they all bring different things to the table.No need to change much...keep it a nice split (Green seems to fare much better that way too).They have to be less predictable on some things though as I believe I read that Harris got the ball every time he was in the game. So they did not even try a pass with him in there. They can't tip the hand that much going forward.

Harris adds depth to backfield mix

Just saying... The Packers seem to love this guy.

5'7"

203 lbs

225 Bench - 27 Reps (would have been 2nd among RBs at the 2012 combine, behind only Martin and Turbin)

40 Time - 4.37 (would have led all RBs at the 2012 combine)

While I don't have shuttle times or 3-cones from his pro-day, Harris is clearly pretty shifty and quick, so much so that in the aforementioned article, James Jones referenced Barry Sanders when discussing Harris. Clear hyperbole, but he's got some shiftiness in his game. And as Ricardo Silva found out, he's packing some punch on his mighty mite frame as well.

Then there's this from Shutdown Corner...

Oh, and did anyone else notice the "cat who ate the canary" grin on Aaron Rodgers' face when he was discussing the addition of running back DuJuan Harris with NBC's Michele Tafoya on Sunday night?
I didn't see the interview with Rodgers, but he clearly knows they've found a weapon. And the quotes posted above in this thread suggest McCarthy is pretty smitten as well.The Packers have a new toy, and who knows how he's ultimately used, but the metrics support a pretty dynamic contribution. Has Green Bay found their Darren Sproles?

There are much worse fliers out there right now, probably on the bottom of a lot of dynasty rosters as well...

4.37 my ###. Why are you comparing him to 2012 RBs? He was in the 2011 draft: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70264&draftyear=2011&genpos=RB
#32 DuJuan HarrisPosition: RB

Height: 5-7

Weight: 202

Class: Senior

Hometown: Brooksville, Fla.

High School: Brooksville Central HS

2009: Voted Preseason All-Sun Belt by coaches and media ... Boasts the highest vertical leap (41.5 inches) and fastest 40-yard dash time (4.37) on Troy's team

TroyTrojans.com

4.37 my ###. Why are you comparing him to 2012 RBs? He was in the 2011 draft: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70264&draftyear=2011&genpos=RB
#32 DuJuan HarrisPosition: RB

Height: 5-7

Weight: 202

Class: Senior

Hometown: Brooksville, Fla.

High School: Brooksville Central HS

2009: Voted Preseason All-Sun Belt by coaches and media ... Boasts the highest vertical leap (41.5 inches) and fastest 40-yard dash time (4.37) on Troy's team

TroyTrojans.com
Did you click on MY link?

Did you click on MY link?
This certainly wouldn't be the first time that NFLDraftScout.com was wrong on a 40 time. Here's further proofof the 4.37...
Players who also helped their causes to make it to the next level were fellow seniors, Mario Addison, Jason Bruce and DuJuan Harris.

Both Bruce and Harris had good 40 times, running a 4.35 and 4.37 respectively.

Harris also finished with 27 reps on the bench as well.

'Xue said:
Why are you comparing him to 2012 RBs? He was in the 2011 draft:
Fair enough...4.37 40 would have placed him 2nd in the 2011 combine among RBs - behind only Da'Rel Scott.

27 reps would have tied him for 5th behind a FB (32), Shane Vereen (32), Allen Bradford (31), and Delone Carter (28).

That 41.5" vertical would have placed him first in the 2011 and 2012 drafts. In fact, that vertical would have been the second highest jump in the 2012 draft from any position, as seen here.

He's nowhere near that fast. 4.37 against lesser competition would look Roadrunner fast, but Harris gets run down from behind by larger players a few times in his Troy clips.

Not writing him off, and picked him up where I could get him for nothing in leagues where I own A Green, just don't think he's quite as exciting as people are making him out to be.

if he gets stopped at the 1 instead of scoring that TD this thread doesnt exist
The TD was nice, but I think it was the fact that Harris actually STARTED last week and left a trail of human wreckage on his first carry as a Packer that got everyone's attention. The comments coming out of the locker room this week are also strangely similar to what we heard about Randall Cobb. Of course, he could easily flame out and be working at the mall next year, but he has some strong physical attributes and very little talent ahead of him...ignore at your own risk.

The TD was nice, but I think it was the fact that Harris actually STARTED last week and left a trail of human wreckage on his first carry as a Packer that got everyone's attention. The comments coming out of the locker room this week are also strangely similar to what we heard about Randall Cobb. Of course, he could easily flame out and be working at the mall next year, but he has some strong physical attributes and very little talent ahead of him...ignore at your own risk.
I think this is dead on, and the point I was attempting to make the whole time. It's the same approach that landed Joique Bell and Knowshon on my rosters earlier this year when they were being completely ignored. Read between the lines from the coaches and teammates' quotes, then see the potential opportunity.Maybe Harris isn't 4.37 fast, but that's the only number we have, and the guy looks like he's shot out of a cannon compared to the other backs on the roster. Green Bay needs that running game to function in the playoffs and to break the cover-2 looks they've been getting ALL SEASON. Maybe Harris can provide a spark for them and be a productive space player for us in fantasy - 10+ carries and a handful of receptions.While he did run every time he was in the game, the coaches, Rodgers, and Harris himself have said they're looking to expand his role in the passing game as well, to make it less predictable when he's in the game.There's probably a 10-15% chance he becomes anything... but if you've got empty space on your roster... why not? James Starks was a relative unknown who had been hurt his whole career. Then shows up in the playoffs and is the starting RB the following season. It's far likelier that Harris turns into nothing. But there's a chance at more. The only knock against this kid is his height.

His value is proven by his playing time. Which is minimal. Green is clearly the guy they see as carrying most of the load, followed by Kuhn. And neither of them is really a great play.

If by starting you mean he ran the first play and then got pulled for Green who got the vast majority of plays in the game, then yes, he started.

I think you're missing the point. Guy got 7 carries in a tight ballgame less than a week after he was activated from the practice squad, and everyone on the team is raving about him.

Obviously you're not going to start him this week, and probably not next week either.

But there's opportuntiy there, some metrics to support this guy's underlying abilities, and for the cost of a waiver add, he could be a nice find.

Harris was popular with the fans in Jacksonville and many were disappointed that he was not retained. The knock on him was that he goes down on first contact. If there is a hole and he can hit it he is dangerous, but if you can get a piece of him the run is likely over. I think the Jaguars should have given him more chances to prove himself and would not totally write off his NFL potential moving forward. He has enough ability to find a home and stick around for a while in the League.

It's Saturday night and almost last call. The girls left at the bar are starting to look better.

That's pretty much what is going on here.

It's Saturday night and almost last call. The girls left at the bar are starting to look better. That's pretty much what is going on here.
yeah but occasionally a cute one who missed her ride and her cell phone is dead and friends left is still hanging around at closing time waiting for someone to give her a ri....nah that never happens. You're probably right about Harris.

It's Saturday night and almost last call. The girls left at the bar are starting to look better. That's pretty much what is going on here.
Yeah...but sometimes that 6 or 7 is really fun for a few weeks and a wildcat in the sack.

Harris did show a spark but lets wait and see how they use Grant who's been out for awhile was in no way near football shape

when they picked him up now with a couple of weeks under his belt and experience might be the play

He's nowhere near that fast. 4.37 against lesser competition would look Roadrunner fast, but Harris gets run down from behind by larger players a few times in his Troy clips. Not writing him off, and picked him up where I could get him for nothing in leagues where I own A Green, just don't think he's quite as exciting as people are making him out to be.
He may end up being a good back, or a decent back or a bust, but if he ran a 4.37 40 he wouldn't go undrafted, someone would have taken a flier on him in the 5th round or later.

Looks like Harris has a good chance to be the 2013 starter given the Packers' avoidance of FA RBs.
Harris was a FA himself, so was Ryan Grant. The starter will be whoever is healthy. I still don't trust any Packers RB.

Any dynasty trades involving him lately? Would love ti see price tag. Seems like he should be worth early 2 in a12 team PPR, but I may be blind cause I own him

:blackdot: He'll be available in my keeper league's draft next year. I'm thinking of drafting him based on what I've heard so far about the upcoming rookie class...

Users who are viewing this thread