What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Calvin Johnson to retire - CONFIRMED (1 Viewer)

What is this option C in detail? They are 10 mil over the cap with him so there is no option C as far as I can see. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I am not a Raiders fan, I'd love to see Megatron return. As a fan of the sport, who wouldn't love that? 

They could easily whack $12M by extending Stafford.  Or they could push some of Slay's and Marvin Jones' money into future years.
I guess they could but the players agent knowing that they have to doesn't help their leverage.  It's not a position they would want to be in, but I guess I shouldn't be assuming the Lions wouldn't cut off their nose to spite their face 

Even though I am not a Raiders fan, I'd love to see Megatron return. As a fan of the sport, who wouldn't love that? 
I'd enjoy watching him play again but I don't see him being close to the dominant player we remember from Detroit. He won't need to be in Oakland, it seems blasphemous to say but he might be the 3rd best receiver there now. Would be great for Carr. 

My expectations for Lynch and Calvin are much lower than others seem to have.

According to Adam Schefter, two teams have contacted the Lions about trading for the rights to Calvin Johnson.

The Lions have responded by telling teams to ask Johnson himself about returning, and he's been "non-committal at best".

Source: theScore

According to Adam Schefter, two teams have contacted the Lions about trading for the rights to Calvin Johnson.

The Lions have responded by telling teams to ask Johnson himself about returning, and he's been "non-committal at best".

Source: theScore
Why would the Lions care if he plans to return? If you get an offer you like, trade his rights. 

Users who are viewing this thread