What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bold Predictions for 2012 NFL Draft (1 Viewer)

CLE somehow gets both Trent Richardson and Ryan Tannehill. Or, Justin Blackmon and Brandon Weeden for an Oklahoma State connection.

CLE somehow gets both Trent Richardson and Ryan Tannehill. Or, Justin Blackmon and Brandon Weeden for an Oklahoma State connection.
They'd have to go from #22 to 5-7. That'd be tough both in terms of what they'd have to give up and PR in that even there the fans won't be happy with Tannehill.

They'd have to go from #22 to 5-7. That'd be tough both in terms of what they'd have to give up and PR in that even there the fans won't be happy with Tannehill.
I don't find this very bold but I predict that the Browns will trade-down from the 4th pick and aquire an additional high second-round pick. I think St. Louis has their eye on someone and would not want to miss-out and will make a deal with the Browns.Cleveland came into this draft with all but their original 6rh round pick and then added extra, 1st, 4th, and 6th round picks in trades before being awarded two-extra compensentory picks in the 6th and 7th rounds for thirteen total picks before the draft stars. Therefore adding an extra picks means they would likely package together some lower picks in order to move-up in the draft.After making a trade-down in the first round to get an extra high second round pick I predict that the Browns will trade their original 7th round draft pick and the 6th rounder they acquired in the Brady Quinn trade from Denver, and possibly even their 5th and 4th round picks could be involved, in order to manuver up some picks after they make their first selection.

MIN trades out of the #3 draft slot to PHI, who selects Tannehill.
LOL. Vick is thier guy for now but mark my words, the Eagles will do awful this year, Reid will be coaching in SD after Norv gets the boot next year and the birds draft Barkley with their 1st pick next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bold predition is that Kansas City will moves up to 5 to select Tannehill after the Browns pass on him. My theory is that Tampa Bay is more motivated than other teams to trade down.

i predict that roger goodall will appear BOLD and FEARCE when he is announcing the players names boldly

Cleveland Browns will still get a good player at #4 whether it be Blackmon or Tannehill. I know they have Hardesty but he hasn't exactly been a model of health and I've heard some say they will take Trent Richardson. The Vikings sitting at # 3 could take Trent Richardson with the uncertainty about when or even if Adrian Peterson comes back from his ACL/MCL injury. I'm not convinced that Toby Gerhart could carry the load and get the production Richardson could. Guess they feel they have their QB of the future in Ponder. AD is 27 and he could still conceivably be pretty productive coming back from his injury but he'll still present question marks until he can prove it on the field. I think the Vikes feel that they'll have the chance to get the best back in this draft class and may go ahead and take Richardson. It's hard to imagine the Vikes passing on OL Matt Kalil as he seems to be the consensus pick for the Vikes and a big need for them but stranger things have happened in the draft. The topic was for Bold Draft predictions and the Vikes taking Richardson is a bold prediction I think could possibly happen.

Cleveland Browns will still get a good player at #4 whether it be Blackmon or Tannehill. I know they have Hardesty but he hasn't exactly been a model of health and I've heard some say they will take Trent Richardson. The Vikings sitting at # 3 could take Trent Richardson with the uncertainty about when or even if Adrian Peterson comes back from his ACL/MCL injury. I'm not convinced that Toby Gerhart could carry the load and get the production Richardson could. Guess they feel they have their QB of the future in Ponder. AD is 27 and he could still conceivably be pretty productive coming back from his injury but he'll still present question marks until he can prove it on the field. I think the Vikes feel that they'll have the chance to get the best back in this draft class and may go ahead and take Richardson. It's hard to imagine the Vikes passing on OL Matt Kalil as he seems to be the consensus pick for the Vikes and a big need for them but stranger things have happened in the draft. The topic was for Bold Draft predictions and the Vikes taking Richardson is a bold prediction I think could possibly happen.
Vikings were 3-13 with the best running back in football so it makes sense that they would use their 1st pick on another running back and have the two best running backs in the league. I certainly could see winning at least 2 more games with Trent Richardson added to the lineup. The key to the this league is to have a great stable of running backs. That is why Carolina is always at the top of their division (with Stewart and DeAnglo) and San Diego was always so close to a championship (with LT and Turner). I am sure that Spielman has got Tent Richardson on the top of his draft board and that why he wants to trade down but not too far. Who needs fn blockers. Those guys just get in the way. Spielman could always turn around and trade Peterson because the trade market for elite running backs coming off an ACL with and inflated salary is outstanding. Vikings are at team that doesn't mind flushing players signing bonus money down the tiolet. This makes sense on every level. Awesome post.

Vikings were 3-13 with the best running back in football so it makes sense that they would use their 1st pick on another running back and have the two best running backs in the league. I certainly could see winning at least 2 more games with Trent Richardson added to the lineup. The key to the this league is to have a great stable of running backs. That is why Carolina is always at the top of their division (with Stewart and DeAnglo) and San Diego was always so close to a championship (with LT and Turner). I am sure that Spielman has got Tent Richardson on the top of his draft board and that why he wants to trade down but not too far. Who needs fn blockers. Those guys just get in the way. Spielman could always turn around and trade Peterson because the trade market for elite running backs coming off an ACL with and inflated salary is outstanding. Vikings are at team that doesn't mind flushing players signing bonus money down the tiolet. This makes sense on every level. Awesome post.
Ya know?I think Donny might just being a smidge sarcastic here. LOL.If Minnesota should pass on Kalil the Browns win the lottery because they can easily trade a pick that holds a blue-chip OLT prospect.Minnesota won't make that mistake and, smile, they won't take RB Trent Richardson when they are sitting on a $100 million contract and high first-round RB, possibly future HOFer in Adrian Peterson and a second round pick who looked good filling-in last year in Toby Garheart especially when they have a glaring need at OLT and considering they are very difficult to come by and they are sitting on the pick that has the best OLT prospect since OT Jake Long.

MIN trades out of the #3 draft slot to PHI, who selects Tannehill.
LOL. Vick is thier guy for now but mark my words, the Eagles will do awful this year, Reid will be coaching in SD after Norv gets the boot next year and the birds draft Barkley with their 1st pick next year.
Wouldn't Philly have to have the worst record in football to get Barkley?
BINGO!!or be bad enough to be in the top 5, in which they trade up to get him. No to mention the new coach in Philly will be Chucky!!!! :thumbup:

Following a theme we use for each Fantasy Football season, i thought we should start a thread on bold predictions for the upcoming NFL draft. Most of these won't come true since they are bold predictions, but its kind of fun to see the possibilities. I'll start.

There's a lot of talk about Cleveland's choices at the #4 pick. Many say they will take either Trent Richardson or, more recently, Ryan Tannehill. I think they instead go with Justin Blackmon at #4 (thats not the bold part) then do somewhat of a reach at #22 and take Brandon Weeden at QB. Luck, Griffin, and Tannehil will all be off the board by then and Cleveland needs a QB (even though the Browns are saying thay are sticking with Colt McCoy). Weeden is ranked as the #4 QB coming out, is older and more mature, and already has a chemistry with Blackmon. Might work out nicely and pay quick dividends.

What are your bold predictions?
Weeden would still be on the board at 37.If they take Weeden at 22 I'm burning all of my Browns clothing.

I think they instead go with Justin Blackmon at #4 (thats not the bold part) then do somewhat of a reach at #22 and take Brandon Weeden at QB.
I like this idea but swap Osweiler for Weeden and make it at early 2. I suspect the Browns are looking for Mike Adams at 22.

josh oglesby (Wisconsin, Tackle) will not be drafted, yet will be a starting NFL offensive tackle by the end of the 2012 season

Yeah, it was a little sarcastic but I can handle that. The more I think about it the Vikes will surely keep APeterson. Just thought with his injury they may wanna take a chance and take Richardson but there's still no guarantee he'll be a beast or mega-productive. If they don't trade the pick the OL Kalil is probably their best pick. A premier LT to protect Ponder. We all make quick rash speculations about players and things and mine was one of those. Just maybe lighten up on me a bit but I get your point and it's valid. Looks like the Vikes are shopping the pick and seems Miami may be interested to move up and get QB Tannehill,whose stock has risen and Cleveland's seriously looking at him at 4. Miami could leapfrog them and get Tannehill and the Vikes would surely get their what #9 or #10 pick and extra picks for sure. Not sure which one they have. If they trade the pick then I have no idea which direction the Vikes are looking to go with their pick cause Kalil will most definitely be gone come their pick. Anyway we'll see.Still say the 49ers are gonna take TE Coby Fleener at #30 and mimic the Pats 2 TE guys(Gronk & Hernandez). I think Davis & Fleener could pull it off as I'm sure Smith's not gonna be able to wing it downfield to Randy Moss a lot.

The Bears draft a defensive lineman at #19 then trade Matt Forte and their second round pick to the Patriots for Shane Vereen and the Patriots and their first, where they then pick an OL.

The Bears draft a defensive lineman at #19 then trade Matt Forte and their second round pick to the Patriots for Shane Vereen and the Patriots and their first, where they then pick an OL.
So you think the Bears are going to beat the Patriots at their own game. Deion Branch, Asante Samuels and Richard Seymour don't think that trade is very likely.

'Donnybrook said:
'3nOut said:
So you think the Bears are going to beat the Patriots at their own game. Deion Branch, Asante Samuels and Richard Seymour don't think that trade is very likely.
Don't think it will happen either really. Just threw it out there.

The Dallas Cowboys trade the 1.14, 3.18, and Felix Jones to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the rights to draft Morris Claiborne at 1.5.

I don't find this very bold but I predict that the Browns will trade-down from the 4th pick and aquire an additional high second-round pick. I think St. Louis has their eye on someone and would not want to miss-out and will make a deal with the Browns.Cleveland came into this draft with all but their original 6rh round pick and then added extra, 1st, 4th, and 6th round picks in trades before being awarded two-extra compensentory picks in the 6th and 7th rounds for thirteen total picks before the draft stars. Therefore adding an extra picks means they would likely package together some lower picks in order to move-up in the draft.

After making a trade-down in the first round to get an extra high second round pick I predict that the Browns will trade their original 7th round draft pick and the 6th rounder they acquired in the Brady Quinn trade from Denver, and possibly even their 5th and 4th round picks could be involved, in order to manuver up some picks after they make their first selection.
In spite of rumors that the Vikings are not going to take Kalil it seems the top three picks are locked in.Browns GM Tom Heckertt has stated he is open to trading down from the fourth pick.

I am suprised more people haven't felt we could see the first trade happen when Cleveland is on the clock.

Multiple teams vyying for Cleveland's 4th pick

Rams and Eagles among about four teams interested in trading up to No. 4 with Browns, sources say

Published: Friday, April 13, 2012, 6:59 PM Updated: Friday, April 13, 2012, 8:43 PM

CLEVELAND -- With less than two weeks before the NFL draft, multiple teams have called the Browns about their No. 4 pick, league sources told the Plain Dealer, and there's a decent chance the Browns will trade down.

At least three or four teams in the top 20 have expressed interest in trading up, and the Browns are expected to have some enticing options on draft day.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher, who has the No. 6 pick, has already identified the Browns as a potential trade partner, and the Eagles at No. 15 are believed to be interested in trading up, sources said. At least two other teams are in the mix.

And it's not just Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill that teams are after. There's been considerable interest in USC offensive tackle Matt Kalil, LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne and Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon.

The Rams and Eagles are attractive trade partners because both have two picks in the second round. The Rams have the 33rd overall pick and the 39th pick from their recent trade with Washington. The Eagles have the No. 46 pick in the second round and the No. 51st pick from their trade with Arizona last year for quarterback Kevin Kolb.

At the NFL Owners meetings last month, Fisher said he'd consider trading up with the Browns depending on what they wanted in return. He didn't specify which player he'd trade up for, but the Rams are believed to have interest in Blackmon. Fisher re-iterated Friday that he'll trade up, down or stay where he is.

... Heckert said at the owners meetings that he had preliminary talks with several teams. He also said he'd be willing to trade down "a few spots'' but not all the way back to No. 27 like he did last year with Atlanta in the trade for receiver Julio Jones. (He then moved back up to No. 21 to select Phil Taylor).
It is very difficult to predict trades because of all of the moving parts but I do believe that talk of the Browns getting many inquiries makes sense and that when Cleveland is set to pick that we could see Rodger Gooddell walk up to the podium and say that a trade has taken place between Cleveland and St. Louis and the Rams are on the clock.

The Dallas Cowboys trade the 1.14, 3.18, and Felix Jones to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the rights to draft Morris Claiborne at 1.5.
Not happening. That would place a mid second round value on Felix and that not realistic. No way Tampa does this deal :thumbdown:

I don't find this very bold but I predict that the Browns will trade-down from the 4th pick and aquire an additional high second-round pick. I think St. Louis has their eye on someone and would not want to miss-out and will make a deal with the Browns.Cleveland came into this draft with all but their original 6rh round pick and then added extra, 1st, 4th, and 6th round picks in trades before being awarded two-extra compensentory picks in the 6th and 7th rounds for thirteen total picks before the draft stars. Therefore adding an extra picks means they would likely package together some lower picks in order to move-up in the draft.

After making a trade-down in the first round to get an extra high second round pick I predict that the Browns will trade their original 7th round draft pick and the 6th rounder they acquired in the Brady Quinn trade from Denver, and possibly even their 5th and 4th round picks could be involved, in order to manuver up some picks after they make their first selection.
In spite of rumors that the Vikings are not going to take Kalil it seems the top three picks are locked in.Browns GM Tom Heckertt has stated he is open to trading down from the fourth pick.

I am suprised more people haven't felt we could see the first trade happen when Cleveland is on the clock.

Multiple teams vyying for Cleveland's 4th pick

Rams and Eagles among about four teams interested in trading up to No. 4 with Browns, sources say

Published: Friday, April 13, 2012, 6:59 PM Updated: Friday, April 13, 2012, 8:43 PM

CLEVELAND -- With less than two weeks before the NFL draft, multiple teams have called the Browns about their No. 4 pick, league sources told the Plain Dealer, and there's a decent chance the Browns will trade down.

At least three or four teams in the top 20 have expressed interest in trading up, and the Browns are expected to have some enticing options on draft day.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher, who has the No. 6 pick, has already identified the Browns as a potential trade partner, and the Eagles at No. 15 are believed to be interested in trading up, sources said. At least two other teams are in the mix.

And it's not just Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill that teams are after. There's been considerable interest in USC offensive tackle Matt Kalil, LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne and Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon.

The Rams and Eagles are attractive trade partners because both have two picks in the second round. The Rams have the 33rd overall pick and the 39th pick from their recent trade with Washington. The Eagles have the No. 46 pick in the second round and the No. 51st pick from their trade with Arizona last year for quarterback Kevin Kolb.

At the NFL Owners meetings last month, Fisher said he'd consider trading up with the Browns depending on what they wanted in return. He didn't specify which player he'd trade up for, but the Rams are believed to have interest in Blackmon. Fisher re-iterated Friday that he'll trade up, down or stay where he is.

... Heckert said at the owners meetings that he had preliminary talks with several teams. He also said he'd be willing to trade down "a few spots'' but not all the way back to No. 27 like he did last year with Atlanta in the trade for receiver Julio Jones. (He then moved back up to No. 21 to select Phil Taylor).
It is very difficult to predict trades because of all of the moving parts but I do believe that talk of the Browns getting many inquiries makes sense and that when Cleveland is set to pick that we could see Rodger Gooddell walk up to the podium and say that a trade has taken place between Cleveland and St. Louis and the Rams are on the clock.
The Vikings really control the value of the Browns pick in terms of trade value. Nobody's going to trade for the Browns pick ahead of time and telegraph their move when another team could still leapfrog them by dealing with the Vikings who also appear very open to dealing down if the price is right. My bold prediction is that the Browns somehow find a way to botch their two first rounders and are so irate with the direction of their franchise that they attempt to call Mike Mayock to hire him as their next GM but because he has lost his voice during the draft they assume he's not interested at which point they begin pulling names out of a hat each time their pick is up.

Giants trade down a few spots maybe with Cleveland or Jacksonville pick up an extra draft pick and draft the DE out of Syracuse

Tannehill drops to the late 2nd round.

Weeden drops to the 4th round.

Some team in the 1st round has their clock expire and they miss their pick :eek:

I dunno, trying to be BOLD here.

Green Bay surprises many when they select Coby Fleener with their first round pick. (Finley will demand WR money after this short contract, GB will let him walk)

AJ Jenkins goes earlier than most experts expect (3rd round) ahead of players like Marvin Jones, McNutt, Quick and Streeter.

Obviously, I'm going for quantity over quality predictions here

Houston trades up to grab either Michael Floyd or Justin Blackmon. If they can't do so, they stay put and draft Stanford TE Coby Fleener.

- Minny and Cleve both use their full time allowed in hopes of trading down. Both unsuccessfully. Take Kalil and Richardson.

- Someone trades up into the top 10, but doesn't take Tannehill.

- Eagles pull a Denver by selecting twice on opening day. Ship Asante + 2013 1st Rounder + 2013 3rd for the 21st (bengals), 22nd (browns), or 27th (pats) overall pick.

- There will be more first round trades then any year in NFL history.

- No Offensive Players are taken from picks 15-25. 10 straight defensive players.

Russel Wilson ends up the best quarterback in the class after being selected in the third round undrafted.
Fixed. He's going to drop way too low or be undrafted and be great for an NFL team. Wisconsin homer here, but still. He's a dual-threat guy who can make all the throws and he's being discounted because he's a couple inches shorter than other guys. Same height as Drew Brees, though. I'm stashing him in deep dynasty leagues.

Russel Wilson ends up the best quarterback in the class after being selected in the third round undrafted.
Fixed. He's going to drop way too low or be undrafted and be great for an NFL team. Wisconsin homer here, but still. He's a dual-threat guy who can make all the throws and he's being discounted because he's a couple inches shorter than other guys. Same height as Drew Brees, though. I'm stashing him in deep dynasty leagues.
Undrafted? mmmm, no.Packers would take him with one of their 4th round compensatory picks, but he will likely be gone by then.

Users who are viewing this thread