What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bill Maher would rather a recession than a reelection for Trump (1 Viewer)

Maher is a racist and sexist and bigot

I can't believe people give him attention
Maher defintely touches on edgy material as a comedian. When he’s touched on race issues for the most part he’s doing it in the vein of comedy, satire, etc that I’ve seen. He “gets attention” because his HBO show has some pretty great guests and discusses the big topics in politics every week so it’s usually a decent watch - his guests are typically probably about 75% liberal but he will try and get conservatives on there and give them time to speak. 

Maher has his opinions but he doesn’t live in a bubble from what I have seen. He will argue his opinions, will occasionally cut people off and be rude (it is his show) but he’s not strictly a liberal on all topics. He’ll offend many liberals with his views on PC culture and other topics.
He's actually really critical of liberals and the Democrats way of doing things. He lit into them again on his show this past Friday night. 

He's definitely smug, though. That's always been one of his calling cards.

Just using this as a generic Bill Maher dump:

I am watching Chris Christie on his latest show now.  

1.  He is really fat

2.  He has a good self-deprecating attitude.  

It was a good conversation.

ETA - oh yeah, Natasha Bertrand is on the episode

Last edited by a moderator:

1.  He is really fat

Dude you gotta LEAD with the good stuff :wub:

Ah, making unfunny jokes = racist.  

Liberals are doing this all wrong by calling out everyone over things they said.  This is a big reason Trump got elected.  I am surprised to see people like you go down this road. 

1.  He is really fat

I thoughT Christie got his stomach stapled or had some surgical procedure to reduce his eating and I think he lost like 50+ pounds. What happened with that?

His show has fallen off this year IMO. He is getting better guests than ever but his hosting and driving of the discussion has been much less interesting than in past seasons.

1.  He is really fat

As a NJ resident I have lots of reasons to dislike Christie.  However that was a really good interview and I thought CC appeared likeable. Could be some measure of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" too as he was very critical of Trump.

ETA: he's always had that self-depreciating humor - it was his defense mechanism against the press during his governorship. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread