What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Annual *Faust* appreciation thread. (1 Viewer)

BobbyLayne said:
Winter is coming

Kaare Vedvik is a Norwegian professional American football kicker playing for the Minnesota Vikings. While the Vikings play in an indoor stadium, I suspect that Vedvik’s Norwegian heritage will give him a slight advantage when he will be kicking in winter conditions.

I was worried that Faust wasn't getting enough likes, but he's got his own title and thread. What the heck could beat that?

Good work, bud. Even when you step out of your self-imposed role as aggregator, it's worth a listen. For sure. 

Last edited by a moderator:
rockaction said:
I was worried that Faust wasn't getting enough likes, but he's got his own title and thread. What the heck could beat that?

Good work, bud. Even when you step out of your role as aggregator, it's worth a listen. For sure. 

This isn't his first appreciation thread and rightfully so. Its not so much that I take his post for granted, but he does such a great job I just can't give out enough likes. Thread is a good idea. (To be clear, I wasn't insinuation you suggested otherwise). 

:BeatlesScream:

This isn't his first appreciation thread and rightfully so. Its not so much that I take his post for granted, but he does such a great job I just can't give out enough likes. Thread is a good idea. (To be clear, I wasn't insinuation you suggested otherwise).

:BeatlesScream:
Exactly about the likes. The thread is more than appropriate -- hopefully it's enough of a nice way to say thank you. I read so many of his links it's not funny. Nothing but appreciation. And I got the gist of what you were saying.

Guy is the MVP of bumping irrelevant player threads to the front page with useless information 

sometimes the entire last page is just Faust updates on some 6th string wideout struggling to make the team

Shark Pool would be much more enjoyable if Joe put an end to his shenanigans 

not shtick 

Odd that your best example is a thread that I haven’t posted in since 2017. 

Some people play in leagues that are 10 teams with less than 20 players rostered  - so fantasy football participants in these types of leagues won’t care about player news on deeper lists and that’s cool with me. Then there are other leagues where there can be 16+ teams and rosters can be 30+ players in size with dynasty or keeper formats and keeping up with news on more obscure players is helpful. I probably obsessively pursue news more than 99% of fantasy football participants out there.

Thanks for the feedback @Dan Lambskin. Can I offer some advice? If you have no interest in reading news on a player - you can simply skip over clicking on that thread.

Have a great season.

~ Faust

Some people play in leagues that are 10 teams with less than 20 players rostered  - so fantasy football participants in these types of leagues won’t care about player news on deeper lists and that’s cool with me. Then there are other leagues where there can be 16+ teams and rosters can be 30+ players in size with dynasty or keeper formats and keeping up with news on more obscure players is helpful. I probably obsessively pursue news more than 99% of fantasy football participants out there.

Thanks for the feedback @Dan Lambskin. Can I offer some advice? If you have no interest in reading news on a player - you can simply skip over clicking on that thread.

Have a great season.

~ Faust
Keep the Marqise Lee updates coming.  Riveting front page news 

Keep the Marqise Lee updates coming.  Riveting front page news 

I understand your anger directed my way on the Brad Kaaya thread. It is the same anger you shared with the Shark Pool way back in the 2017 thread:

Shout out to Faust

Marqise Lee is ranked within the top 80 PPR wide receivers so for deeper leagues and in dynasty leagues he has some relevance. I am not sure why that is so hard to understand.

If a player thread has no level of interest to you - then please feel free to skip right over it.

Good luck to you on your 2019 fantasy football league(s).

~ Faust

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is it becomes a lot of threads to skip over.  You bring no insight, you just bump threads with mostly meaningless player updates I can see countless other places 

It makes searching the shark pool for relevant information a real chore

No problem. Thanks to @Dan Lambskin - I will be retiring from the Shark Pool after the 2019 training camp thread has run it’s course this season. I have had a good run here. Thank-you to the fantastic members of the Shark Pool who I have enjoyed interacting with over the last 15+ years with.

~ Faust

No problem. Thanks to @Dan Lambskin - I will be retiring from the Shark Pool after the 2019 training camp thread has run it’s course this season. I have had a good run here. Thank-you to the fantastic members of the Shark Pool who I have enjoyed interacting with over the last 15+ years with.

~ Faust
Please tell me this is a joke.

~ Faust
NO! :(  

A combination of dry sarcasm and a touch of frustration in dealing with a troll. I should’ve just ignored him. I’m dealing with some personal challenges right now and I am aware that his opinion is in the minority. 
Oh, that's good and bad. Glad you're sticking around -- you never know about sarcasm and dry humor when you're reading print and not knowing what's really going on with the person -- but I'm sorry you're also facing personal challenges. I wish you the best. 

A combination of dry sarcasm and a touch of frustration in dealing with a troll. I should’ve just ignored him. I’m dealing with some personal challenges right now and I am aware that his opinion is in the minority. 
Good luck with whatever you've got going on, Faust. You're appreciated here 👍

Some people play in leagues that are 10 teams with less than 20 players rostered  - so fantasy football participants in these types of leagues won’t care about player news on deeper lists and that’s cool with me. Then there are other leagues where there can be 16+ teams and rosters can be 30+ players in size with dynasty or keeper formats and keeping up with news on more obscure players is helpful usually the difference between perennial playoff vs. perennial bottom feeder status. I probably obsessively pursue news more than 99% of fantasy football participants out there.

Have a great season.

~ Faust
Fixed. :)

I have teams in 3 dynasty leagues. Between the active, taxi, and IR spots they currently have: 633 rostered players; 710 rostered players; 810 rostered players. 

Thank you for, and keep up the very relevant work, Faust!

Users who are viewing this thread