What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Brock party (4 Viewers)

It was a joke. Lighten up.

A joke you've made more than a few times now in a Raiders thread, while sporting a Raiders username, while being a Chargers fan. First couple times, it was fine, whatever. At this point, though, it's starting to seem like a troll job. You're a good poster, and I hope you continue sharing your thoughts in this thread. But if you're going to dig at the Raiders when you do, eventually you are going to rub peeps here wrong. What he said to you in response was plenty lightened compared to what many fans would say in the same situation.

The only time I joked about Telesco in this thread before this was on Feb 2, about 6 weeks ago. In other posts, I provided some info about Telesco's performance... to the extent those posts were disparaging, that was driven by his performance, not by me.

Regardless, I wasn't expecting you guys to take offense, so I'll adjust going forward.

Perhaps 'joke' was too narrow of a description. You've made plenty of posts indicating you think Telesco is a bum, joke or not. The point you seem to be missing is while many of us acknowledge and share your concerns about Telesco's Chargers resume, we're tired of hearing it repeated over and over again; and ready to move forward and see if the guy can redeem himself now that the Spanos shackles are off.
Also i see the coaches working hand in hand with the administration, lots of great football minds to bounce opinions off of . I know they said a GM has the final say but his final say may be influenced by others.

PFF Free Agency Tracker

Only RB left worth considering IMO is D'Onte Foreman, who actually could be a decent complimentary 'thunder' back to Zamir's 'lightning'. And at this point, I'm sure he'd come at near the league minimum salary.

A bunch of vet OTs remain unsigned. Guessing there may be a league-wide gap between what the OTs think they should be getting and how the league values them. A bunch of decent OGs left too.

Old pals Quinton Jefferson and Adam Butler still out there at DT. Same for Hankins and John Jenkins. Hoping for a couple names here on the cheap soon.

Young Edge rushers mostly picked over, save for Chase Young, who would be way to expensive and wouldn't fit the current Raiders roster anyway. Lots of oldies remain unsigned, so maybe a rotational value guy can be found for some golden years.

LB/CB/S all have some interesting names still on the list, but most of the good ones are oldies too.

Old pals Quinton Jefferson and Adam Butler still out there at DT. Same for Hankins and John Jenkins. Hoping for a couple names here on the cheap soon.
I was watching Christian WIlkins mic'd up on YouTube, and he was clowning with Butler when they were both in MIA. Can't hurt, right?

A guy like Butler, maybe has a standing offer, and is someone else's 2nd choice, so he has to wait. I'm hoping he comes back.

PFF Free Agency Tracker

Only RB left worth considering IMO is D'Onte Foreman, who actually could be a decent complimentary 'thunder' back to Zamir's 'lightning'. And at this point, I'm sure he'd come at near the league minimum salary.

A bunch of vet OTs remain unsigned. Guessing there may be a league-wide gap between what the OTs think they should be getting and how the league values them. A bunch of decent OGs left too.

Young Edge rushers mostly picked over, save for Chase Young, who would be way to expensive and wouldn't fit the current Raiders roster anyway. Lots of oldies remain unsigned, so maybe a rotational value guy can be found for some golden years.

LB/CB/S all have some interesting names still on the list, but most of the good ones are oldies too.
I am a huge Foreman fan. I thought he was going to be a really good NFL RB coming out of college. Then he tore his achilles and that set him back, but he has shown well everywhere he has been. For some reason or another no one has seemed to give him a legit shot at being a true starting NFL RB. I think he would be an excellent signing.

Last edited:

A joke you've made more than a few times now in a Raiders thread, while sporting a Raiders username, while being a Chargers fan. First couple times, it was fine, whatever. At this point, though, it's starting to seem like a troll job. You're a good poster, and I hope you continue sharing your thoughts in this thread. But if you're going to dig at the Raiders when you do, eventually you are going to rub peeps here wrong. What he said to you in response was plenty lightened compared to what many fans would say in the same situation.
Just win baby is a good dude. Cut him some slack. I laughed at his telesco dig. Would we not be talking **** if mcdaniels got another gig? I’d talk mad crap, in jest, about carr in here if some of us weren’t still betrothed to him

Amazing how clean the Raiders cap is for 2025. As of right now, no dead cap at all, and even including Devante's soon to bloat deal + Wilkins + Minchew, they have $100 MM in cap space available.

They have a lot of room to sign a few more guys this year and roll the contracts forward to next year and beyond.

Amazing how clean the Raiders cap is for 2025. As of right now, no dead cap at all, and even including Devante's soon to bloat deal + Wilkins + Minchew, they have $100 MM in cap space available.

They have a lot of room to sign a few more guys this year and roll the contracts forward to next year and beyond.
They are spreading some of Jimmy G. Not a huge amount.

But we won't get 24 mill of cap space till June. Right now around 12-13 mill

Just win baby is a good dude. Cut him some slack. I laughed at his telesco dig. Would we not be talking **** if mcdaniels got another gig? I’d talk mad crap, in jest, about carr in here if some of us weren’t still betrothed to him
Difference is im assuming a lot of us in here arent hanging out in rival threads poking them for reactions , i could be wrong tho.

Here is my thoughts on the roster right now in relation to FA/Draft

QB- We obviously need to make one big move here. The tea leaves seem to point towards us doing something in the draft but I wouldn't shut the door on us trading for Fields. The take on Fields now is that the market dried up with the moves that have been made which means the comp the Bears can get for him is less. I would be very happy with us giving a 4th for him which would indicate that is with the blessings of Getsy.

RB- Again, some work is needed here. I didn't realize Bolden is a FA. He will not be back. Which leaves us White, Abdullah and Brown. Brown has not shown anything to date so I am looking at it as we have two RB's under contract. I would be happy bringing in a vet which I don't think we need to rush in on. As time goes, they dollars go down. The top talent is gone but there are guys on the market still that we could bring in and they could contribute. I think it is highly likely we look to draft someone and if not, pick up another vet on the cheap in the second round of FA after the draft.

WR- Adams and Meyers are a great duo and I like that Tucker can bring that speed. We get real thin, real fast after that. There are a ton of 'depth' type of WR's out there that we can pick up later and fill out the roster. We could also look at picking someone up in the draft.

TE- I am excited to see what Mayer brings this season. Bryant is a downgrade from Hooper but I liked the flashes I saw from Fotheringham. We may bring someone in to compete but I don't think we need to really rack our brains looking for additions.

OL- We need to get busy here. Let's assume that they are good with Munford taking over at RT (he showed he can hold that position down). It seemingly looks like the left side is locked in. We still need to look at the Guard position. Van Roten is a FA, we could easily bring him back. I really did think we would let James walk and move Parham over to C and need to fill two guard positions. Swinging back to RT, how confident are they in Munford? If they don't make a move then it would seem they are really confident in him but it seems like that could be a spot we could spend some money.

DL- Wilkens was huge. With the only exception being Jones (who I had my reservations about) there was no one I wanted more than him. He fits that culture that AP is looking to bring back and no doubt he will be enthusiastic about the Jordan Rules. Not just the 10 sacks but the 62 pressures (our highest from the interior last year was Tillery at 29). We need to add to the DT I believe though. And even though Maxx never comes out, we have Koonce and then Wilson... you can never have too many pass rushers in this league. Picking up an older cheap vet that can come in and pressure is not a bad thing. One big thing to figure out is how to do they expect to use Wilson. Will they kick him in on the inside in passing downs? If so, our need to add to the DT position is lessened. If that really isn't in the cards then we have a few guys to add.

LB- We run with two LB's. Spillane is the guy. AP said he wanted to build his defense around him. Deablo has developed. I would love to see an upgrade on him for a coverage LB but I am not sure who that is. Devin White is fast as heck but he isn't better than Deablo in coverage. Most of the other big name LB's on the market still are more of that run stuffer types than coverage guys.

CB- I love Jones on the team and we know Hobbs is legit. Losing Amik was the only thing so far where I was not happy to see but at the same time, Amik is not irreplaceable. Does Bennett continue to develop? After those three, we get thin fast. I would like to see us spend some money on another CB. I am not sure who that is though and if we don't, I am not going to crawl into the fetal position and cry about it but we are building a defense that can win games... to do that, we need three good to great CB's on the field. I think we have 2 and hope for a third and then very thin depth.

S- I like Epps and Moehrig. No reason to make any big moves here.

We all know QB is the big position here. I don't think we need to make any drastic moves for other positions but we can do some addition and tweaking here and there. For QB, I think we are going to be patient and see how the draft shapes up. Minshew is not ideal but if we miss on getting a legit starting QB in the draft (possible) then he can be a bridge for a year or O'Connell beats him out. I love the money we spent on Wilkens and think it will make a tremendous difference to a defense that really came together last year. Now with a legit threat in the interior, my expectation is that this is a top ten defense. When was the last time we had that in Raider Nation?

Watching Minshew and Wilkins meet the Raiders press and team welcomes on both X and Instagram, they fit right in , i mean perfectly. Wilkins started off yelling RAAAAYDEEEERRRSSSS so ya , thats awesome. Minshew looks like Punter Coles twin :laugh: , he had great in the hall encounter with Maxx , called him BIG BOY and they hugged and laughed , this is gonna be a fun season to watch.

I would love to see you guys competitive again and like the off-season you had. Seems like things are heading in the right direction. Long term QB obviously on the list, but that is the majority of the league. Defense should be fun to watch.

Watching Minshew and Wilkins meet the Raiders press and team welcomes on both X and Instagram, they fit right in , i mean perfectly. Wilkins started off yelling RAAAAYDEEEERRRSSSS so ya , thats awesome. Minshew looks like Punter Coles twin :laugh: , he had great in the hall encounter with Maxx , called him BIG BOY and they hugged and laughed , this is gonna be a fun season to watch.
Just watched that.

Really good vibe round the team. Just need the QB

Minshew gives me that laid back Stabler type vibe. I don't know if you can listen to him and not like him.

Love the energy from Wilkins.

Both seem like not only good Raider fits for now but also from our history.... which is kind of what AP is looking to bring back.

I just had a guy on FB tell me to learn the game because I said that we really only ran defense out of the nickel. He said that Graham only did that because we had no LB depth that I should learn the game.

I hate people.
Most fans are idiots. There’s no point arguing with them online that’s for sure. This is the only place I come to talk Raiders.

I just had a guy on FB tell me to learn the game because I said that we really only ran defense out of the nickel. He said that Graham only did that because we had no LB depth that I should learn the game.

I hate people.
The comments on FB fan sites and on Instagram are mostly negative and unreadable . There are so called fans that hate every single move the Raiders make , i mean every thing. Yoiu try to throw a positive spin on things and they just post that laugh emoji , the way people used to do in so many Football guys threads in the past ,and thats stopped ,thank god .

I hate people.
Most fans are idiots. There’s no point arguing with them online that’s for sure. This is the only place I come to talk Raiders.
This is literally why I stopped going to raiders games a couple of years after I moved out to the Bay Area.

I was so excited to move only 30 minutes from Oakland’s Coliseum. I went to a few games and finally got fed up listening to fans OF MY OWN TEAM yelling out crap that didn’t make sense, sometimes about players who weren’t even in the game. Just utter ignorant garbage.

I’ll watch from home, thank you very much.

Difference is im assuming a lot of us in here arent hanging out in rival threads poking them for reactions , i could be wrong tho.
I thought it was funny.

Telesco’s been here for 5 minutes. I’m not quite ready to fall on my sword for the guy. :rolleyes: and that’s true for any new signings.

I hate people.
Yea, I just responded "Yes, I forgot all teams still run a 4-3. Thanks for setting me straight."

I hate people.
The comments on FB fan sites and on Instagram are mostly negative and unreadable . There are so called fans that hate every single move the Raiders make , i mean every thing. Yoiu try to throw a positive spin on things and they just post that laugh emoji , the way people used to do in so many Football guys threads in the past ,and thats stopped ,thank god .
I don't mind criticism as long as it has some actual knowledge, understanding, logic, etc behind it. I am not all knowing about football. I am willing to learn and hear other perspectives. Just make it make sense.

One thing I just saw about Wilkins that I didn't know. He is tied for third for most snaps played since 2022 only behind Hutchinson and Crosby. We got two guys that don't come off the field.

Chargers in full blown rebuild , i wonder what would be happening in Vegas if Mork hired Harbaugh ?

Just to set the record straight, I haven't been in here trying to "poke for reactions." I think of this forum like hanging out with buddies at a bar drinking beer and talking sports. If I was hanging out with friends who are Raiders fans, I would absolutely make the same joke that triggered all of this reaction. Just as those friends would make jokes to me about how bad the Chargers have been for so long, etc. My brother-in-law is a Raiders fan. We have this kind of conversation all the time.

When I posted the informational posts, I did that because I know about Telesco's history as GM and thought you guys might actually be interested.

As for being in the rival thread, your thread is a lot more active than the Chargers thread. I wish there were this many fans posting about the Chargers in this forum.

Again, I've adjusted my approach going forward. I won't be posting/joking about Telesco any more.

Chargers in full blown rebuild , i wonder what would be happening in Vegas if Mork hired Harbaugh ?

They are not in rebuild mode. They plan to contend this year. Jury's out on how likely they are to be successful at that, but that's the plan. If it wasn't, they would have traded Mack and Bosa, but they restructured both instead.

They are not in rebuild mode. They plan to contend this year. Jury's out on how likely they are to be successful at that, but that's the plan. If it wasn't, they would have traded Mack and Bosa, but they restructured both instead.
A not very good line, no WR or TE's and a RB that has a significant injury history. Good luck being competitive in the AFC.

Just to set the record straight, I haven't been in here trying to "poke for reactions." I think of this forum like hanging out with buddies at a bar drinking beer and talking sports. If I was hanging out with friends who are Raiders fans, I would absolutely make the same joke that triggered all of this reaction. Just as those friends would make jokes to me about how bad the Chargers have been for so long, etc. My brother-in-law is a Raiders fan. We have this kind of conversation all the time.

When I posted the informational posts, I did that because I know about Telesco's history as GM and thought you guys might actually be interested.

As for being in the rival thread, your thread is a lot more active than the Chargers thread. I wish there were this many fans posting about the Chargers in this forum.

Again, I've adjusted my approach going forward. I won't be posting/joking about Telesco any more.

Awesome reply. #Respect

A not very good line, no WR or TE's and a RB that has a significant injury history. Good luck being competitive in the AFC.

I agree they have a lot of issues. But they have Herbert and a new coaching staff that could get more out of the carryover players, like the OL. And now they suddenly have a lot of cap space. Harbaugh's track record gives me some hope, but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree they have a lot of issues. But they have Herbert and a new coaching staff that could get more out of the carryover players, like the OL. And now they suddenly have a lot of cap space. Harbaugh's track record gives me some hope, but I'm not holding my breath.
Call it what you will, y’all don’t have any wrs and your td machine rb flew the coop as well. I know that the nation would be be losing its mind if the raiders had gotten rid of meyers and davante as well this off season. Granted they don’t have a Herbert.

I mean, yea, you got Herbie... but on offense that is almost it. Gus is decent but the chances of him going down are pretty good. You guys better draft all whole lot of offensive players or you guys will end up losing a bunch of games like 3-10 (assuming Bosa and Mack stay healthy).

The Dolts use to scare me but thankfully I underestimated how bad their coaching staff was. Now, the only team that I feel we need to worry about in the division is the Chefs. And then a whole lot of good teams once you get out of the division and into the conference.

re: Chargers…Everyone realizes the season doesn’t start tomorrow, right? Like, they can draft and sign players still.

Re: Raiders…is Minshew really our starting QB this year? 😬

re: Chargers…Everyone realizes the season doesn’t start tomorrow, right? Like, they can draft and sign players still.

Re: Raiders…is Minshew really our starting QB this year? 😬
They aren't going to be signing impact players with $28 million to spend to fill a bunch of holes. They will need to do some great drafting to get several immediately impactful rookies to put around Herbie.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports the Raiders have re-signed DT Adam Butler to a one-year deal.
Butler returns to Las Vegas where he had nice season in 2023 season racking up five sacks. He’ll team up with Maxx Crosby and newly acquired Christian Wilkins for what should be one of the most dominant fronts in the NFL

Users who are viewing this thread