What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - waiting to see some football! (7 Viewers)

So the Raiders will carry 3 QBs on their final roster (AOC, Minshew, rookie)? Is that normal for them? I don't know the answer. Under Telesco, the Chargers carried 3 a number of times, and I never liked it. Finally, last season they carried only 2, and I thought that allowed for a stronger roster makeup.

Obviously not an even trade, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Raiders sign Aaron Jones to a value 1 year deal with or without a 2nd yr team option.

Obviously not an even trade, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Raiders sign Aaron Jones to a value 1 year deal with or without a 2nd yr team option.
I see Jones going to Dallas .
I think Telesco would like to talk to Ekeler , kick the tires ? Zeus the ram, Ekeler the all purpose weapon

Ekeler to the Commaders. Zack Moss to the Bengals. Mixon to the streets...
Henry reportedly being chased by the Ravens

Eluemenour signed with Giants for short money. He was not valued in FA, which will surprise some.

It will be interesting to see if they pay up for a RT. Because I am sure they don't plan on taking one in the 1st round this year.
Why are you so certain? It is arguably their second biggest need and this draft has some generational talent at the position.
Mainly because I think QB is their 1st through 4th plan for the first round.

If they can't get one, I agree with you
We can agree that improving the QB is a priority, but I can’t help but think about AP’s. He wants to win at the LOS. He has publicly said improving the oline is a priority. They just lost their RT to free agency. Barring taking a QB in rd 1, taking a dominant OT that may be 10 year starter makes so much sense.

Eluemenour signed with Giants for short money. He was not valued in FA, which will surprise some.

It will be interesting to see if they pay up for a RT. Because I am sure they don't plan on taking one in the 1st round this year.
Why are you so certain? It is arguably their second biggest need and this draft has some generational talent at the position.
Mainly because I think QB is their 1st through 4th plan for the first round.

If they can't get one, I agree with you
We can agree that improving the QB is a priority, but I can’t help but think about AP’s. He wants to win at the LOS. He has publicly said improving the oline is a priority. They just lost their RT to free agency. Barring taking a QB in rd 1, taking a dominant OT that may be 10 year starter makes so much sense.
This is my hope. I don’t want a db in the first. At all

Sad day for Miami...when you draft a guy 1st Rd and he does evereything you ever wanted,
played out his 5th year option and then you just watch a Pro Bowl level DT leave...can't take Miami seriously trying to compete for anything this year.

He's going to pair nice with Maxx Crosby
Sad day for Miami

At least they should get a top (3rd round) comp pick next year.
I appreciate that JWB and with Hunt going to Carolina, Miami might have two of them

-As long as Grier has been the Miami GM, only 2 comp picks his entire time since 2017.
Miami has never won a Playoff game under Grier, I'd be happy to see him leave or Miami turn the page.

People on social media screaming and stomping their feet about the Minshew signing , like its the end of the Raiders :laugh:

Makes me think of Jim Plunkett, he was signed in 1978 by the Raiders and never threw 1 pass in 2 seasons, when finally getting a chance to play he went on to win 2 SBs and was MVP of the 1st SB. If social media was around back they would all be would be screaming hes A BUM...whats the team doing ??? The point is you never know what a guy with some talent can do on the right team with the right coach and teammates around him. Gannon as well , similar situation .

Minshew is really not that good. He can't throw deep and he's got weird pocket presence. Not an encouraging signing at all.
Would I like a better QB.....yes. But, for the situation the Raiders are in I am more than fine with the Minshew signing. I did not want to sign a mediocre QB for a large portion of the cap and be tied up for multiple years where you can't get rid of the guy without a huge dead cap hit and ruining your cap situation, like the Saints did with Carr and the Giants with Jones. The Raiders needed a decent vet QB that O'Connell and possibly a rookie can learn from while they find "the guy." And I think Minshew is better than a lot of people think. Signing a guy like Minshew allows them to sign Wilkins and other guys so the rest of the team is hopefully very good and hopefully they do find the right guy in the next year or two.

If we draft a QB who needs to sit for a year, which sounds ideal, you need someone for him to sit behind. :shrug:

We will see on this deal, but any 25 dead cap is likely to be 6 mill or less.

Christian Wilkins deal. Has cap numbers of 11.5 and 35 mill in 24/25, then he has 31.8 mill cap numbers for two years. Dead cap of 12 mill if they cut after 2 years. :moneybag:

I like the structure.

Minshew is really not that good. He can't throw deep and he's got weird pocket presence. Not an encouraging signing at all.
Would I like a better QB.....yes. But, for the situation the Raiders are in I am more than fine with the Minshew signing. I did not want to sign a mediocre QB for a large portion of the cap and be tied up for multiple years where you can't get rid of the guy without a huge dead cap hit and ruining your cap situation, like the Saints did with Carr and the Giants with Jones. The Raiders needed a decent vet QB that O'Connell and possibly a rookie can learn from while they find "the guy." And I think Minshew is better than a lot of people think. Signing a guy like Minshew allows them to sign Wilkins and other guys so the rest of the team is hopefully very good and hopefully they do find the right guy in the next year or two.
The Minshew signing signals two things:
They’re going after a rookie QB that probably isn’t going to be ready week one.
He’s legit competition for AOC.

What exactly is "weird pocket presence"?

When he feels like he's being pressured (even if he isn't, which is the weirdest part), he starts stomping his feet up and down like he's trying to kill a nest of fire ants or something. It's truly bizarre. Wait for it this year. You'll see it. Like I said, it's when he feels pressure, even if it isn't really there.

Last edited:
RB options quickly drying up. Mixon now traded to the Texans, Jones to the Vikes... Henry holding tight, but rumored to the Ravens.

What exactly is "weird pocket presence"?

When he feels like he's being pressured (even if he isn't, which is the weirdest part), he starts stomping his feet up and down like he's trying to kill a nest of fire ants or something. It's truly bizarre. Wait for it this year. You'll see it. Like I said, it's when he feels pressure, even if it isn't really there.
we've lived through Derek Carr, we understand qb's that do that.

RB options quickly drying up. Mixon now traded to the Texans, Jones to the Vikes... Henry holding tight, but rumored to the Ravens.
Sheesh, after reading and listening to all the Jacobs naysayers i was under the impression Zeus was all the Raiders really needed . I think not keeping him may come back and bite the team in the butt , just my opinion , but it was a financial business decision so thats that. Draft a guy i guess .

Sheesh, after reading and listening to all the Jacobs naysayers i was under the impression Zeus was all the Raiders really needed . I think not keeping him may come back and bite the team in the butt , just my opinion , but it was a financial business decision so thats that. Draft a guy i guess .
Jacobs is a loss but the reality is the easiest position to replace in this league is RB. Jacobs is elite and I hate to lose him but also remember that Zeus had a 4.3 average last year. Jacobs lifetime average is.... wait for it.... 4.3 and last year was down to 3.5. Zeus is not nearly as shifty as Jacobs but he is definetly faster... 4.4 speed vs 4.62

Abdullah has a place and we resigned him recently.

I have to figure that Bolden is likely not going to make it through camp. He is 34 and we no longer care about whether or not you played for the Pats before. Does Brown step up? I don't know. It would seem that we will look to draft a RB though.... and I am cool with that. There is no reason to over spend on a RB when there are other positions that are harder to get players for that are great and with longer shelf lives than RB's.

Jacobs is a loss but the reality is the easiest position to replace in this league is RB. Jacobs is elite and I hate to lose him but also remember that Zeus had a 4.3 average last year. Jacobs lifetime average is.... wait for it.... 4.3 and last year was down to 3.5. Zeus is not nearly as shifty as Jacobs but he is definetly faster... 4.4 speed vs 4.62

Abdullah has a place and we resigned him recently.

I have to figure that Bolden is likely not going to make it through camp. He is 34 and we no longer care about whether or not you played for the Pats before. Does Brown step up? I don't know. It would seem that we will look to draft a RB though.... and I am cool with that. There is no reason to over spend on a RB when there are other positions that are harder to get players for that are great and with longer shelf lives than RB's.
Sincere McCormick might be a name to watch during training camp.

So the Raiders will carry 3 QBs on their final roster (AOC, Minshew, rookie)? Is that normal for them? I don't know the answer. Under Telesco, the Chargers carried 3 a number of times, and I never liked it. Finally, last season they carried only 2, and I thought that allowed for a stronger roster makeup.
They did this last year too. if I understand The new qb rules, they allow for the emergency qb to not count against the game day roster. It’s still a wasted roster spot IF they have a stud qb in place. Which they don’t currently have. :shrug:

So i guess not every player wants to play for a players coach , money talks louder than screaming RAAAAAYDEEEERRRSSSS

So i guess not every player wants to play for a players coach , money talks louder than screaming RAAAAAYDEEEERRRSSSS
$10M might be better than the $0 the Raiders offered him? (I actually haven't a clue if the Raiders offered him any money)... also Campbell is a players coach. So???

Free agent running back Derrick Henry agreed to a two-year, $16 million deal with the Baltimore Ravens, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday. Henry's deal is worth up to $20 million, including $9 million fully guaranteed in the first year, the sources told Schefter.

Hondo`s on Instagram raving about a BIG TRADE coming and the Raiders are far from done signing FAs

They did this last year too. if I understand The new qb rules, they allow for the emergency qb to not count against the game day roster. It’s still a wasted roster spot IF they have a stud qb in place. Which they don’t currently have. :shrug:

I think the new rules allow for a 3rd QB to be inactive on game day but come in if the top 2 QBs get injured. But I believe the 3rd QB has to be either on the 53 man roster or elevated from the practice squad for that game but inactive.

Fields is terrible. You guys will be happy you didn't get him. The dude just can't throw consistently to be a winning QB in the NFL. I watched enough of his games being here in the Midwest and he sucks.

He can run though!

Time to riot; Footballguys depth chart still has Josh McDaniels as the HC.

The level of disrespect cannot be accepted.

I apologize. We have a system in place for players to be update in nearly real time. But our coaches are obviously broken there. We'll try to dig in and see what is wrong. I apologize.

Hi,
We will get these corrected as quickly as possible.
We’re not not fired up. We are self deprecating in here by necessity.

No need for apologies. Appreciate y’all

I apologize. We have a system in place for players to be update in nearly real time. But our coaches are obviously broken there. We'll try to dig in and see what is wrong. I apologize.

No apology needed Joe - I was just poking fun

Hi,
We will get these corrected as quickly as possible.

Ha! Didn't expect this to land on the desks of people with more important things to worry about...
''I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.'' :laugh:

I saw this report... sounds like there may be another big splash in the works.

The Raiders will cut Garoppolo straight up, so they'll free up $11.269M in immediate cap space when they cut him tomorrow.
If Jimmy was cut post june 1st it would have saved $24M. Looks like the Raiders wanted the money now for free agents rather then wait.

B

The Raiders will cut Garoppolo straight up, so they'll free up $11.269M in immediate cap space when they cut him tomorrow.
If Jimmy was cut post june 1st it would have saved $24M. Looks like the Raiders wanted the money now for free agents rather then wait.
Who’s still out there?

Amik Robertson signed with the Lions.

I liked him. Played risky/aggressive at times, which led to an occasional mistake. But also played above his size.
I am more sad about losing him that Jacobs.
Amik was solid depth. They’re looking pretty thin back there at moment. Stephon Gilmore still looking for a job?
Yes, he is still on the market. So is Kendall Fuller who is 4 years younger.

B

Who’s still out there?
At need positions.... big ticket is basically QB and OT? Tyrone Smith?

B

Who’s still out there?
At need positions.... big ticket is basically QB and OT? Tyrone Smith?
QBs are gone. Linemen are scarce. I’m bummed they let big E walk

Users who are viewing this thread