What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - waiting to see some football! (11 Viewers)

Let me ask you guys.... if we offered a 4th for Fields and it was accepted, would you be happy?
Happy? No. Begrudgingly accepting? I guess so. I am a raider fan. I’m used to it. :sadbanana:

I’m of the opinion they don’t need 2.5 backups. That’s giving fields a .5 I’d prefer a penix/nix/jjm as the 2nd pick, however they get it. and role with whoever wins the camp battle is the starter. Practice squad the 3rd place guy.

Let me ask you guys.... if we offered a 4th for Fields and it was accepted, would you be happy?

Yup, I'd be good with that.

Here are the players the Raiders and Chargers added in the 4th Round as of late:

Raiders last 5 seasons:
Jakorian Bennett
Aidan O'Connell
Zamir White
Neil Farrell
Tyree Gillespie
John Simpson
Amik Robertson
Isaiah Johnson
Foster Moreau

Chargers last 5 seasons w/ Telesco at GM
Derius Davis
Isaiah Spiller
Chris Rumph
Joshua Kelley
Drue Tranquill

I'd take Fields over all of those guys.

EDIT: Maybe not White given the current available RBs.

Last edited:

Yup, I'd be good with that.

Here are the players the Raiders and Chargers added in the 4th Round as of late:

Raiders last 5 seasons:
Jakorian Bennett
Aidan O'Connell
Zamir White
Neil Farrell
Tyree Gillespie
John Simpson
Amik Robertson
Isaiah Johnson
Foster Moreau

Chargers last 5 seasons w/ Telesco at GM
Derius Davis
Isaiah Spiller
Chris Rumph
Joshua Kelley
Drue Tranquill

I'd take Fields over all of those guys.
We should have kept Simpson. :hot:

This guy has my eye as a potential value RB in the draft - he's being compared to Alvin Kamara (lazy comp, IMO, at least somewhat because they both went to UT - but they do have similarities). He may not be AK41, but this kid has serious burst and long spoed, with adequate stature and decent/good vision and lateral movement. Projected as a 2nd/3rd rounder. If he's lingering in Rd 3...

I like this dude's size and burst. He ran a slow 40 (4.71) but the rest of his explosiveness measurables were solid and match his highlight reel. He also has a bit of wiggle when needed...

Not sure which round, but given the 40 time, I'd bet he falls pretty far - 4th-5th round, or even later. If so, yes, please.

One more, and possibly my favorite bubba of all. 5'9" 220 with wheels, and sweet laterals, which the two above lack, at least relatively. Lloyd can also catch the ball well, and is a 3rd-4th round projection, for now at least.

Llyod has a little bit of Priest Holmes in him. Maybe.

One more, and possibly my favorite bubba of all. 5'9" 220 with wheels, and sweet laterals, which the two above lack, at least relatively. Lloyd can also catch the ball well, and is a 3rd-4th round projection, for now at least.

Why’d he only play one year?

No idea. I am only looking at highlight reels and measurables at this stage.

I really like him in a boring class. Perfect size, great burst, good hands, really good patience, very shifty. Stood out at the Senior Bowl compared to his classmates. The knock on him is pass protection, like every Trojan who failed blocking for Caleb. But that's typical for rookie RBs and at least Lloyd is very experienced in the task. Also his name is Marshawn so there's that.

He’s Quick. Capital Q

Two years at South Carolina. Did little as a freshman, looked good as a sophomore. Transferred to SC and SC is always loaded at RB so it was a committee, but he's got plenty of juice for the NFL. I think.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders will cut WR Hunter Renfrow.
Renfrow would have been a $13.7 million salary cap hit in 2024. With 270 catches over five seasons with the Raiders, Renfrow has proven to be a viable starting slot wideout. He was overshadowed by the dominant Davante Adams over the past two seasons but had a 103-catch season — including nine touchdowns — as recently as 2021. Renfrow, 28, could still be a productive slot guy in an offense without an alpha WR1.

Probably will happen, but far from a certainty given who this report is coming from.

I understand why Renfrow will be cut. Cost doesn't equal production. 3 key contributors ahead of him at the position. But this one sucks as a fan. He wasn't the same guy after that big hit though.

Renfrow would have been a $13.7 million salary cap hit in 2024. With 270 catches over five seasons with the Raiders, Renfrow has proven to be a viable starting slot wideout. He was overshadowed by the dominant Davante Adams over the past two seasons but had a 103-catch season — including nine touchdowns — as recently as 2021. Renfrow, 28, could still be a productive slot guy in an offense without an alpha WR1.

Probably will happen, but far from a certainty given who this report is coming from.

I understand why Renfrow will be cut. Cost doesn't equal production. 3 key contributors ahead of him at the position. But this one sucks as a fan. He wasn't the same guy after that big hit though.
It’s a business. He’s got to go

Odds that he signs with the Saints a day after he’s cut? He and Carr had some serious mojo.

Odds that he signs with the Saints a day after he’s cut? He and Carr had some serious mojo.
It would be interesting to see if pairing back up with Carr would prove whether he’s washed up or not. Dude made his money. He’s fine

It's almost a stone cold lock.

So far our aggregate is losing Jacobs and Elumenor, cutting Renfro, keeping James and Abdullah, and signing Wilkins? Is that everything significant?

Las Vegas Raiders Transactions 2024​

March

DATETRANSACTION
March 9, 2024Released DE Jerry Tillery.

Wait what? Did this go down with no discussion on it?

I find this interesting and maybe a little disturbing. The connection to Telesco having drafted him can't be ignored, yet the coaching staff under which he played would be plenty familiar with him and his fit to with the team. Hopefully this is them working in lock-step?

Not that I care much about Tillery, he's a non-factor that occasionally made huge bonehead plays that hurt us far more than his play helped us, I just don't want this to be some kind of power play/disfunction starting things off.

I find this interesting and maybe a little disturbing. The connection to Telesco having drafted him can't be ignored, yet the coaching staff under which he played would be plenty familiar with him and his fit to with the team. Hopefully this is them working in lock-step?

Not that I care much about Tillery, he's a non-factor that occasionally made huge bonehead plays that hurt us far more than his play helped us, I just don't want this to be some kind of power play/disfunction starting things off.
I don’t see it that way. He was an idiot. Decent player, but an idiot. And AP is seeming to put a premium on not beating themselves. I was dumb founded by the lack of penalties last year. It was awesome.

It was a joke. Lighten up.

A joke you've made more than a few times now in a Raiders thread, while sporting a Raiders username, while being a Chargers fan. First couple times, it was fine, whatever. At this point, though, it's starting to seem like a troll job. You're a good poster, and I hope you continue sharing your thoughts in this thread. But if you're going to dig at the Raiders when you do, eventually you are going to rub peeps here wrong. What he said to you in response was plenty lightened compared to what many fans would say in the same situation.

Proven? Maybe proven to fumble the ball away at a key moment in a game. Good riddens.

Raiders add TE Harrison Bryant on a 1 year deal

@AdamSchefter

Former Browns TE Harrison Bryant reached agreement with the Raiders on a 1-year, $3.25 million deal with a max value of $4 million, per source.

Not bad for a 25-yr-old, who will come in hungry and looking to prove to the league that he deserves way more next year. Draft profile conveys plenty of upside:

By Lance Zierlein NFL Analyst
Draft Projection: Round 3
NFL Comparison: George Kittle
Overview
Bryant's plus athletic traits, high football IQ and toughness as a blocker make him one of the most talented, well-rounded tight ends in this draft. He's a little light to be considered for full-time work as a "Y" tight end, but his technique and tenacity should not be discounted in his ability to help the running game. He's instinctive in space with speed and separation talent to work all three levels and gives offensive coordinators the freedom to line him up all over the field. Bryant could become an early starter and has the talent to be a high volume pass-catching target as a move tight end.
Strengths
Basketball fluidity in movement around the field
Offers second and third level pass-catching option
Held his own against cornerbacks when split out wide
Bursts into routes side-stepping traffic and staying on schedule
Alters route tempo and with good burst into turns to uncover
Highly instinctive in space and quality improvisor when play breaks down
Tenacious but technically savvy as run and pass blocker
Strikes firmly with inside hands and works to stay centered and engaged
Shows ability to secure catch through contact
More than held his own against Ohio State
Weaknesses
Needs a little better knee bend to improve leverage
Will get a little upright into his breaks
Just average in making body adjustments to catch off-target throws
Needs to eliminate some drift and tighten up route turns
Occasional peeks inside will cause a focus drop
Short-area shake is just average after the catch
Still room for improvement with body positioning as red zone target

A joke you've made more than a few times now in a Raiders thread, while sporting a Raiders username, while being a Chargers fan. First couple times, it was fine, whatever. At this point, though, it's starting to seem like a troll job. You're a good poster, and I hope you continue sharing your thoughts in this thread. But if you're going to dig at the Raiders when you do, eventually you are going to rub peeps here wrong. What he said to you in response was plenty lightened compared to what many fans would say in the same situation.

The only time I joked about Telesco in this thread before this was on Feb 2, about 6 weeks ago. In other posts, I provided some info about Telesco's performance... to the extent those posts were disparaging, that was driven by his performance, not by me.

Regardless, I wasn't expecting you guys to take offense, so I'll adjust going forward.

The only time I joked about Telesco in this thread before this was on Feb 2, about 6 weeks ago. In other posts, I provided some info about Telesco's performance... to the extent those posts were disparaging, that was driven by his performance, not by me.

Regardless, I wasn't expecting you guys to take offense, so I'll adjust going forward.

Perhaps 'joke' was too narrow of a description. You've made plenty of posts indicating you think Telesco is a bum, joke or not. The point you seem to be missing is while many of us acknowledge and share your concerns about Telesco's Chargers resume, we're tired of hearing it repeated over and over again; and ready to move forward and see if the guy can redeem himself now that the Spanos shackles are off.

Users who are viewing this thread