What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FBG, 172 to 1 Beatles Countdown 1-25 lists... And 173 to 1 Countdown from 1-64 lists! (3 Viewers)

look, i andwered directly to the quote that "she always looked miserable" because she had her ####### reasons, tyvm. 

also, it's real cool of you to be the arbiter of what does/doesn't constitute abuse - good to know. 
I'm not the arbiter of anything.  Books have been written about a guy who is no longer here to defend himself and I'd like to keep that in mind....

172 to 1 Chalk Rankings

1 --Krista (Worth)---4

2 --jwb---3

3 --wikkidpissah---1.5

4 --Man Of Constant Sorrow---1.5

Just curious . . . will the first post be updated with the list as it unveiled . . . or will there be an occasional post showing the songs that have been revealed to that point?

The Awful Tier:

3. Linda (met Paul 1967, married 1969, died 1998) – Dour at worst, bland at best.  Every interview I’ve seen of her makes her seem so haughty and unpleasant.  Put in a band despite having zero musical talent.  Looked like a little boy.  A not particularly cute little boy.  I don’t understand this relationship, but I guess it worked for them, so she gets some points for truly seeming like the love of Paul’s life.

2.  Yoko (met John 1966, married 1969) – Broke up the Beatles.*  Complete weirdo who kept John from his friends and family.  Carried on an affair with him quite publicly while he was still “with” Cynthia.  Plus there was the shrieking.  I don’t need to tell any of you this stuff.  Tempted to have her below Linda on the horrible scale because at least she had some talent, but what the hell was with that bed in the studio during the Abbey Road sessions.  C’mon.

*I know, I know.  But let's go with it.

- you're not fooling anyone rating your hated Linda above Yoko for appearances' sake. the only good point you've made about her is the hilariously bad sense of rhythm. that entire paragraph should be in green cuz you can't figure out how your boyee could base his life on her.

- watching Get Back, Yoko seemed far less intrusive than i thought she'd be. somehow, that made her even more repulsive...

Just curious . . . will the first post be updated with the list as it unveiled . . . or will there be an occasional post showing the songs that have been revealed to that point?
I'm just trying to get all of Krista's links correct.  :lmao:

I might add them every so often.  I forgot about doing this    :bag:     Thanks for the reminder.

This Boy
2022 Ranking: 169
2022 Lists: 1
2022 Points: 3
Ranked Highest by: krista(Worth)
2019 Ranking/Lists/Pts: NR (Not Rated in 2019)

Getz comments:  This is the first of FORTY songs ranked in 2022, that were not ranked in 2019. It's going to shock you what was left off from back then.
 @krista4had several friends and friends of friends send her lists. That's who Worth is!!  Excellent live video from 1963. Love John's vocals and the harmonies on this one. (ETA: As you will see, none of us read the others write ups before we write ourselves)

Krista4
My 2019 ranking:  85

2019 write-up: 

This Boy (single, 1963)

Glorious harmonies on the verses broken up with that sizzling John vocal on the middle eight.  NufcedTM.

Mr. krista:  "That’s good.  Not my favorite.  It’s a’ight. The probably had to have a slow number for the dances."

Suggested cover:  No one can do those harmonies the way the Beatles did, but I'll post Sean Lennon, Rufus Wainwright, and Robert Schwartzman just because it's nice seeing Sean do that solo (though Rufus could have done it better).

2022 Supplement:  Neither my write-up nor my ranking did justice to this song in 2019.  I actually put it in the mix for consideration for my top 25 this year, though it ended up in the low (Binky, high) 50s and still didn’t make the cut.  These are probably in my top three favorite Beatles harmonies, and These are probably in my top three favorite Beatles harmonies, and their best execution of trying to emulate Smokey Robinson and the Miracles.  John’s solo parts are, as I said in 2019, sizzling.  So full of emotion – love and sorrow in equal parts.  Check out this performance of the song at their second performance on the Ed Sullivan song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BdNrReDhGs  How do they do that?!?!  All hunched around the same microphone, playing those beautiful guitar parts while harmonizing so intricately?  I’m sorry that this wonderful song was relegated to a B-side in its release and to the 80s in my initial rankings. 

Fun fact:  As in the Ed Sullivan clip above, in the recording of this song for the album, at their request the three non-Ringo Beatles harmonized while clustered around one microphone.

Guido Merkins

Only the Beatles could do something this good, with those harmonies and that shouting middle and throw it away as a B side to I Want to Hold Your Hand, but that’s what they did with This Boy.

This Boy is another one that music critic William Mann loved pointing out the “pandiatonic clusters.”  I’m not musically educated enough to know what that means, but I do know that the track has a great melody and a great propulsive guitar part.  It was a John song that he claims was trying to be a Smokey Robinson type song.  

As said above, the main feature is those harmonies and that blistering John vocal in the middle.  This is one of the songs they did on the Ed Sullivan show, John Paul and George all on one mic (good bit of showmanship there.) 

This Boy was used in the film A Hard Day’s Night and given the title of “Ringo’s Theme” in instrumental form.  Apparently Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin fame played on that session for the film score, although I’m not sure he played lead.  Anyway, in the film, it’s the scene where Ringo goes off by himself, looking depressed, which people gave him credit for in acting circles.  In reality, there was no acting going on.  In Ringo’s words he “felt like ####” because he had partaken of too much drink the night before so they just filmed him walking around looking downtrodden.
I didn't give this a lot of consideration, but I will say it's one of probably 20-25 songs off the first 4 LPs (or singles from that era) which I have come to love recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just trying to get all of Krista's links correct.  :lmao:

I might add them every so often.  I forgot about doing this    :bag:     Thanks for the reminder.
I only care because I will keep adding links to covers when I have time. It would be easier for me to get caught up if there were a list to go by, so I don't miss any songs. And mostly because, yes, this thread needs to revolve around my needs and no one else's.

I'm not the arbiter of anything. 

check your previous responses - in case nobody told you today, you don't get to define abuse as it pertains to any other person, especially a woman. 

Books have been written about a guy who is no longer here to defend himself and I'd like to keep that in mind....

perhaps read Layne's post again about John's mea culpas - i've accepted years ago that this was part of who he was - the most imperfectly complex idol in my lifetime, because i love him so much on so many levels. 

keep your head in the sand, and plz don't come again with how the reapers of all his benefits never completely slagged him ... their golden goose is fat as ####, of course they'll dummy up on the legacy of the gravy train, especially during these more sensitive  times. 

enjoy your countdown, bud. :deadhorse:

:bye:

anyway, enough on that, nothing new will be unearthed and we all have a view (feel free to share yours), so I'm out on that discussion having said my piece.

@krista4

It would take months for a comprehensive ranking but could we get a hottest gf/muse category.

OK, actually I just want an excuse to talk about what a smokeshow Jane Asher was. Ignoring of course that t's creepy all these guys were dating 16 and 17 year olds....

I think it is sweet that Jane and Paul have remained cordial friends, at least at public events they seem chummy. I'm sure there's a lot of eye rolling and sighing if the old days ever come up.
What I find most amazing about Jane Asher is that she's never, that I'm aware of, written a tell all or done a tell all interview.  I'm sure she has some dirt, but has chosen not to share it....

Maybe after Paul is gone she will....

I was looking for something in my solo Beatles thread and came across my ranking of the Beatles' wives.  Since it's Valentine's Day, let's copy them here!  (Also trying to keep otb occupied.)

This is my wife count-up, from least objectionable to most horrible:

The Awesome Tier:

9.  Olivia (met George 1974, married 1978) – Super-impressive woman who has launched and/or run significant charitable endeavors while also serving as a legitimate film producer, music producer, and author.  Helped George get clean and sober after his massive drug and alcohol issues in the mid-70s, leading to his renaissance as a musician.  But she tops the best-wife list for being a total badass who saved George’s life by fighting off the guy who had broken into George’s home and repeatedly stabbed him in 1999.  Dayum.

8.  Barbara (met Ringo 1980, married 1981) – Had plenty of her own stuff going on before meeting Ringo, so it seems more a marriage of equals.  She helped Ringo by joining him in rehab in the late 80s, and they’ve been clean (and also vegetarians) ever since.  Seems like a cool person and has the longest marriage on this list.
Thanks for these, some very interesting reading that goes far beyond the usual Yoko bashing. I think it really shows that being immensely talented doesn't always translate to making the best choices when it comes down to picking out the perfect mate, despite the occasional perfect fit.

Also plus points for publishing this on Valentine's Day. ♥

i'm a lilbit proud o this'n. for some reason it was on the jukebox of a jernt i used to go to for darts/pool. it got played a lot cuz it's fun to act out when youre loaded. one time, with a snootful & a tootful, i acted the whole thing out in a showoff attempt to close on some company. it worked, and soon, you'd see yobbos & yahoos attempting the same when all their other moves didnt work. it became kinda the Hail Mary pass of hookin' up in that establishment. ya KNOW moy naime!!
You know, You know, You know- you almost had company. This song was #26 for me and the most painful cut of all.

I have a similar story, but it would have to go in the Stones thread. I performed in a "Jagg off" to Miss You and ended up sharing the evening with two lovely young birds, one of whom went on to become the future-ex-Mrs.-ProstheticRGK.

Hmmm. For some of the more popular songs, I have 75+ covers. Will have to give some thought as to which ones to include. No way do I have time to link that many songs . . . and certainly no one will ever play that many anyway. Will probably have to go with a 20-song limit. 

Barbara (met Ringo 1980, married 1981) – Had plenty of her own stuff going on before meeting Ringo, so it seems more a marriage of equals.  She helped Ringo by joining him in rehab in the late 80s, and they’ve been clean (and also vegetarians) ever since.  Seems like a cool person and has the longest marriage on this list.
They were at the game yesterday with Joe Walsh (he's married to Barbara's sister).

This Boy

Getz comments:  This is the first of FORTY songs ranked in 2022, that were not ranked in 2019. It's going to shock you what was left off from back then.
 @krista4had several friends and friends of friends send her lists. That's who Worth is!!  Excellent live video from 1963. Love John's vocals and the harmonies on this one. (ETA: As you will see, none of us read the others write ups before we write ourselves)

Krista4
My 2019 ranking:  85

2019 write-up: 

This Boy (single, 1963)

Glorious harmonies on the verses broken up with that sizzling John vocal on the middle eight.  NufcedTM.

Mr. krista:  "That’s good.  Not my favorite.  It’s a’ight. The probably had to have a slow number for the dances."

Suggested cover:  No one can do those harmonies the way the Beatles did, but I'll post Sean Lennon, Rufus Wainwright, and Robert Schwartzman just because it's nice seeing Sean do that solo (though Rufus could have done it better).

2022 Supplement:  Neither my write-up nor my ranking did justice to this song in 2019.  I actually put it in the mix for consideration for my top 25 this year, though it ended up in the low (Binky, high) 50s and still didn’t make the cut.  These are probably in my top three favorite Beatles harmonies, and These are probably in my top three favorite Beatles harmonies, and their best execution of trying to emulate Smokey Robinson and the Miracles.  John’s solo parts are, as I said in 2019, sizzling.  So full of emotion – love and sorrow in equal parts.  Check out this performance of the song at their second performance on the Ed Sullivan song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BdNrReDhGs  How do they do that?!?!  All hunched around the same microphone, playing those beautiful guitar parts while harmonizing so intricately?  I’m sorry that this wonderful song was relegated to a B-side in its release and to the 80s in my initial rankings. 

Fun fact:  As in the Ed Sullivan clip above, in the recording of this song for the album, at their request the three non-Ringo Beatles harmonized while clustered around one microphone.

Guido Merkins

Only the Beatles could do something this good, with those harmonies and that shouting middle and throw it away as a B side to I Want to Hold Your Hand, but that’s what they did with This Boy.

This Boy is another one that music critic William Mann loved pointing out the “pandiatonic clusters.”  I’m not musically educated enough to know what that means, but I do know that the track has a great melody and a great propulsive guitar part.  It was a John song that he claims was trying to be a Smokey Robinson type song.  

As said above, the main feature is those harmonies and that blistering John vocal in the middle.  This is one of the songs they did on the Ed Sullivan show, John Paul and George all on one mic (good bit of showmanship there.) 

This Boy was used in the film A Hard Day’s Night and given the title of “Ringo’s Theme” in instrumental form.  Apparently Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin fame played on that session for the film score, although I’m not sure he played lead.  Anyway, in the film, it’s the scene where Ringo goes off by himself, looking depressed, which people gave him credit for in acting circles.  In reality, there was no acting going on.  In Ringo’s words he “felt like ####” because he had partaken of too much drink the night before so they just filmed him walking around looking downtrodden.
This is one of my favorite videos around this song  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TeqyovfJzE

You can tell he has a certain amount of pride in what they did.  He can talk bad about the Beatles, but nobody else can...

Sheesh, I work for a while (I do that sometimes, you know) and look what happens.  I'm sorry I posted the wives stuff now.  Was just trying to give something fun to read in between songs.  Not meant to be taken seriously, except the parts about Heather since she truly is a witch.

Also, "This Boy" is criminally underrated on this list.  It ended up at #52 for me this year.

ETA:  After posting this I read my own write-up and see I mentioned that.  :lmao:  

Sheesh, I work for a while (I do that sometimes, you know) and look what happens.  I'm sorry I posted the wives stuff now.  Was just trying to give something fun to read in between songs.  Not meant to be taken seriously, except the parts about Heather since she truly is a witch.
just keeping you on your toes, gov. a little sport. there's naught but love in all of this, much of it for you.

4.  Pattie (met George 1964, married 1966, divorced 1977) – Did I mention how uncool it is to cheat on your guy with his best friend?  At least Maureen did it with George, which I get, but Pattie cheated on George with the monumentally icky Eric Clapton (whom she later married), showing not just a dearth of loyalty but an absence of good taste.  In addition, she seems like an empty suit, or whatever the female equivalent is, and spent a good deal of her life trying to trade on her fame as a rock-star wife.  Bleh.

3. Linda (met Paul 1967, married 1969, died 1998) – Dour at worst, bland at best.  Every interview I’ve seen of her makes her seem so haughty and unpleasant.  Put in a band despite having zero musical talent.  Looked like a little boy.  A not particularly cute little boy.  I don’t understand this relationship, but I guess it worked for them, so she gets some points for truly seeming like the love of Paul’s life.
Pattie way too high, Linda way too low.

Paul is obviously led by a womans ability to please him.....Heather Mills didnt do anything to dispel the stereotype that the crazier they are the more dynamic they are in the bedroom. Paul was still heartbroken over Lindas death and all his kids and friends could see she was a parasite of the highest order. Still he needed that spark that Mills gave. Linda was a loving, caring wife who copped countless abuse from Beatles fans. As a musician she was dog####, but as a wife Paul did well. 

Pattie was as you mentioned was no more than a #### toy. George lost bis damn mind and then so did clapton. Obviously talented in the boudoir. Wife material not. 

The first wives are harder to grade. How the hell do they cope with what happened? All seem like decent women, but that was a tough ask. 

I have sympathy for Yoko. Yeah shes bat####, but genuinely loved John. That hasnt to count for something?

On this date in 1961, the Beatles played a Valentine's Day show at Litherland Town Hall in Liverpool.  The band played, among other numbers, "Wooden Heart," and Paul had a heart with the Beatles name emblazoned on it, which was raffled after the song with the promise of a kiss from Paul given to the winner.  When the winner tried to accept her prize, a flood of other girls also took the stage, knocking John down and causing such a ruckus that the show had to be temporarily shut down until bouncers restored order.

Also on this date, in 2022, a person going by the name "Getzlaf15" began a Beatles countdown thread utilizing his native tongue.

Not A Second Time
2022 Ranking: 167T
2022 Points: 4
Ranked Highest by: @otb_lifer
2019 Ranking/Lists/Pts: 102/1/16

Getz comments:  One 22nd this time....One 10th in 2019.

Krista4

My 2019 ranking:  194

2019 write-up: 

Not a Second Time (With the Beatles, 1963)

I'll admit it; I'm struggling to come up with much to say about these songs.  Could I skip to #10 or at least #50 or something I'm excited about?

Anyway, this song is not bad, just somewhat boring.  I keep waiting for it to go somewhere - I don't know where, but somewhere - but instead it stays flat.  Even the first and second verses are identical.  It does strike a somewhat interesting mood, as it seems to me both desperate and hurt yet sung with a determination that is at odds with those lyrics.  I wonder if that confusion is deliberate, or just a product of less sophisticated songwriting at the time.

I wish I could see the song more like William Mann did in his well-known critique at the time:  "Harmonic interest is typical of their quicker songs, too, and one gets the impression that they think simultaneously of harmony and melody, so firmly are the major tonic sevenths and ninths built into their tunes, and the flat submediant key switches, so natural is the Aeolian cadence at the end of Not A Second Time (the chord progression which ends Mahler's Song of the Earth)."  John's response:  I was just trying to write a Smokey Robinson song.   

Mr. krista:  "I feel like a little more effort could have been put into these lyrics.  You should rhyme 'cry' with 'why' again."

Suggested cover: Robert Palmer Fun, and even adds his own verse.  There's also a Pretenders cover out there I hear often, but it's too much mimicry for me.

2022 Supplement:  I still don’t have a lot more to say about this song.  I might appreciate the lyrics and their place in the progression of John’s songwriting more than I did in 2019, but I still find the song lacking much of interest to me.  I’ve wondered if it could be the absence of a middle eight; it seems like a change somewhere in the middle could have added depth and interest.  It probably doesn’t deserve a #194 ranking, but these are Beatles songs, and there aren’t many to rate below it simply due to the strength of their catalog.

Guido Merkins

Some people thought the Beatles were a total bubblegum group when they first came out, but not everyone.  A music critic named William Mann wrote  about the “Aeolian cadence of ‘Not A Second Time’” and compared the chord progression to Mahler’s Song of the Earth.  John didn’t know what any of that meant, but he thought Aeolian cadence sounded like “exotic birds” and claimed that the chords were just “normal chords, like trying to write a Smokey Robinson.” 

I like Ringo’s drum fills, and George Martin’s piano.  It’s also a song that George Harrison doesn’t play on, which has to be one of the few.  It’s an interesting song, IMO, that they probably didn’t spend enough time on and only viewed it as an album track.  It’s got all of John’s quirkiness, irregular 14 bars and a chorus which sounds more like a middle.  It’s always been one that I liked more than most people.  Kind of a closet classic, IMO.

172 to 1 Chalk Rankings

1 --OTB_Lifer---5

2 --Krista (Worth)---4

3 --jwb---3

4 --wikkidpissah---1.5

5 --Man Of Constant Sorrow---1.5

Oh my. That picture. 😅

"Not A Second Time" didn't get a second time on my list, but I'm pretty sure it was on there last time -- again. I think it's a low-key kind of burner. I also actually liked the lyrical edge to it. "You hurt me then/You're back again/No, no, no not a second time" 

The piano interlude is just okay, though, and actually makes the song plod a bit, so it got left off of my list. 

I never really considered covers for my top 25, as I don't hold them in as high esteem as the original stuff, but there's no question that the highest compliment you can pay about a cover is that you don't know it's a cover, you just assume that it was the artist's original work.  That's what I usually always think about this song.  I would totally understand why someone who's more casual just thinking the Beatles wrote this, since they own it so sufficiently.  
I didn't :bag:

Its a good song but I wouldn't have expected anyone to have it Top 25 (no offense to jwb).
It was on my first 10 out. 

I didn't :bag:

It was on my first 10 out. 

I definitely have a different view of the covers this time around.  In 2019, I focused too heavily on whether the cover outdid the original, which means some top-notch efforts by the Beatles on songs like "Long Tall Sally" and "Roll Over Beethoven" got short shrift, since it would be impossible to top Little Richard and Chuck Berry.  In my 2022 supplements, I'll be treating these more generously.

That said, "Money" and "Twist and Shout" are usually considered their top covers for the very good reason that they did make them their own.  

Oh my. That picture. 😅

"Not A Second Time" didn't get a second time on my list, but I'm pretty sure it was on there last time -- again. I think it's a low-key kind of burner. I also actually liked the lyrical edge to it. "You hurt me then/You're back again/No, no, no not a second time" 

The piano interlude is just okay, though, and actually makes the song plod a bit, so it got left off of my list. 
Here's your list from last time...
https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/773768-in-this-thread-i-rank-my-favorite-beatles-songs-204-1/?do=findComment&comment=21763142

Money (That’s What I Want)
2022 Ranking: 170
2022 Points: 2
Ranked Highest by: @jwb
2019 Ranking/Lists/Pts: 111T/1/11
The list of bands that haven't covered this one might be shorter . . . I always loved The Babys version, and as a Pretenders fan, theirs as well.

Barrett Strong (Original), Flying Lizards, Great White, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Babys, Waylon Jennings, Hanson, Pretenders, The Doors, Cheap Trick, Dave Davies (Kinks), Eric Clapton & Buddy Guy, Supremes, Sheryl Crow, The Kingsmen, Blues Brothers, Dr. John, Levon Helm (The Band), Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison, Little Richard, Junior Walker, John Lee Hooker, Paul Revere & The Raiders, Everly Brothers

I'd be happy to hear your rankings and thoughts any time!

Ha. Ok, thanks. I doubt I'll be able to keep up with 5 songs a day, but might chime in here or there and then will post my entire list at the end. 

Since we started with "You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)" I'll comment on that. Ranked 203 out of 205 for me. Which is kind of weird because I love songs that have multiple different parts. You will see some of the Beatles songs with this feature VERY high on my list. I mean, my music tastes in some respects gravitate toward jam bands that have an entire set that is just one long song with lots of different parts. 

Here the noise and the silliness just get to me. But the real reason it is ranked this so low is disappointment with the end. The sax solo just leaves me underwhelmed. I mean it is Brian Jones on sax closing out a Beatles song! I always have such high hopes for a killer ending as I work my way through the non-sense in the middle, expecting Jones to just rip it and it always strikes me as kind of meh. It's fine, nothing wrong with it, but I always leave with the feeling that it wasn't worth sitting through the rest of the song for a slightly disappointing ending. 

The Babys
Ok, funny (not really) story...

I played catchup on Spotify last year -- spent a few weeks just daisy chaining "you might also likes" and looking up bands I knew I'd missed out on.  Finding "best of" singles lists and stuff I didn't already have from bands I liked.  Pretty much all 21st century stuff.

Anyhow, one of the hidden gems I found was The Babies.  Like "gotta tell everyone I know about this band!" kind of thing.  Then I found out they only put out one or two albums and disappeared in like 2010.  And no one had ever heard of them.

So when I saw your post I was psyched to find someone else who knew them!  Then realized the spelling wasn't right.  :kicksrock:

This Boy
The Smithereens have a boatload of Beatles covers. Most of these are pretty straight forward. I miss the Brad Delp version of Beatlejuice. RIP.

Sean Lennon, Smithereens, Coma, The Typhoons, Suburban Skies, Bruce Roberts, Billy Lee RileyLos Escarabajos, Cactus BlossomsBrady HarrisCaptain SmartypantsLitto NebbiaRio ReiserJoe BataanMike PachelliMorrissey and MarshallKeely Smith, Scott McCarl, Two of Us, Beatlejuice

Timing question:  Getz suggested posting as many as 10 per day of these low-ranked songs and then slowing down.  I've talked him down to five, to allow for discussion, but now I'm wondering if his instinct was correct to do more.  What do you guys think?
Don’t go too fast I just decided tonight that I’m gonna try to learn a song from my top 25 on guitar and I’m not a real guitarist so it takes me a long time. Hoping to post a video of my cover when the song gets revealed.

Ok, funny (not really) story...

I played catchup on Spotify last year -- spent a few weeks just daisy chaining "you might also likes" and looking up bands I knew I'd missed out on.  Finding "best of" singles lists and stuff I didn't already have from bands I liked.  Pretty much all 21st century stuff.

Anyhow, one of the hidden gems I found was The Babies.  Like "gotta tell everyone I know about this band!" kind of thing.  Then I found out they only put out one or two albums and disappeared in like 2010.  And no one had ever heard of them.

So when I saw your post I was psyched to find someone else who knew them!  Then realized the spelling wasn't right.  :kicksrock:
I'm older than dirt, and I was a fan when they were a band originally. The initial band put out 5 albums and a greatest hits album. I tapped out after that. They reformed with a bunch of other blokes.

John Waite is sort of a behind closed doors fave of mine between The Babys, solo, and Bad English. No one knows I sit in my office and put his stuff on shuffle play some days.

Anyhow, one of the hidden gems I found was The Babies
I saw them in New Haven in 2010, actually. I picked up a seven inch that got warped because I left it in my glove box. The Babies are the Vivian Girls offshoot, right? Yeah, it's Cassie Ramone. 

I think you and Anarchy99 are talking about different bands, though. 

Users who are viewing this thread