What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Taking requests for another music list countdown (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
Hey everyone I’m thinking about doing yet another “100 greatest” but I want some feedback first. I could:

1. Not do it at all. It is, I admit, rather self-indulgent: who really cares beside myself how I rank old music?

2. A ranking of my personal favorite songs that were not radio hits and are generally not known very well- talk about self-indulgent!!!

3. Finish the 1970s years. I’ve still got 1974 and 1976.

4. Do a year from the 1980s. I’ve done 1980 and 1983. So that leaves 8 more years.

5. Top 100 songs from any of the following categories: classic rock, 70s hard rock, 70s singer-songwriter, folk and folk rock, etc. These are my favorites.

I will not be doing another album list, too much work. Anyhow let me know what you think! (If nobody or only a few people respond to this, that in itself will send me a message- lol.)

Be as indulgent as you want. That's the nature of the board.

I would encourage you to do it so I can be all grumpy about your selections and taste.

I would vote for a ranking of favorite songs that were not hits so I can do the above with full knowledge that taste is completely objective and you're always wrong when comparing a song to what I say is good.

Hey everyone I’m thinking about doing yet another “100 greatest” but I want some feedback first. I could:

1. Not do it at all. It is, I admit, rather self-indulgent: who really cares beside myself how I rank old music?

2. A ranking of my personal favorite songs that were not radio hits and are generally not known very well- talk about self-indulgent!!!

4. Do a year from the 1980s. I’ve done 1980 and 1983. So that leaves 8 more years.

5. Top 100 songs from any of the following categories: classic rock, 70s hard rock, 70s singer-songwriter, folk and folk rock, etc. These are my favorites.

I will not be doing another album list, too much work. Anyhow let me know what you think! (If nobody or only a few people respond to this, that in itself will send me a message- lol.)
I know I tune in more when you step out of your comfort zones, so something like that.
Nostalgia ain’t what it used to be

I would vote for a ranking of favorite songs that were not hits so I can do the above with full knowledge that taste is completely objective and you're always wrong when comparing a song to what I say is good.

I see I'm too late, but this would be my vote, too. Hopefully you'll get to this one another time.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the majority opinion is to finish off the 70s. So that is what I will do. I will go to work on 1974.
That should be an interesting year - a bit before disco and punk really bubbled to the surface.
It’s Homer Simpson’s favorite year for music. The pinnacle of BTO and Grand Funk.

'74 was a confused time for even the proto-ist of proto punks. I'll just say that. It's about a year before CBGBs was an inkling in Tom Verlaine's eye.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the majority opinion is to finish off the 70s. So that is what I will do. I will go to work on 1974.
That should be an interesting year - a bit before disco and punk really bubbled to the surface.
It’s Homer Simpson’s favorite year for music. The pinnacle of BTO and Grand Funk.
I remember Homer one time reminiscing about the rise and fall of Supertramp. Must have been 1979 though or thereabouts.

Do your favorite songs

Do your favorite songs
This has caught up to to the 70s. Now I’m torn, which one should I do next? I’d love to do the favorites but it’s SO self-indulgent….

Do your favorite songs
This has caught up to to the 70s. Now I’m torn, which one should I do next? I’d love to do the favorites but it’s SO self-indulgent….
I think you’ll get more comments/complaints if you stick with your year format. Not sure an obscure song list of your favorites is going to get much traction outside of the deep cut experts.

Do your favorite songs
Favorite songs seems a bit open-ended without any context, but it's your call. Hard to argue what you haven't included with such a list.

OK I’ve made a final decision. I am going to offer a list of 50 favorite “deep cut” songs, or songs by lesser known artists. 50 is a shorter number and shouldn’t take too long. If it’s too self-indulgent and nobody cares, oh well. LOOK AT ME!!!

I’ll immediately follow that up with the 100 greatest songs of 1974. Then 1976, and on the 80s.

Users who are viewing this thread