What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2015 FBG T-shirt exchange***Assignments out - Take pics! (1 Viewer)

Wooderson said:
Jayrod said:
badmojo1006 said:
Wooderson said:
Seems like people often hook up their stalkee with 2 shirts. Are we doing 1 shirt or 2?

My victim's gonna get a ton of extra swag. :)
This.Should we say what is expected? What people give and get seems to be all over the board.
Minimum one T-Shirt, maximum as much as you can fit in the box
We aren't a bunch of old fashioned women. If the gifts are disproportionate, that's on the giver. No need to feel guilty.
Very true. I didn't know it could be more then one shirt and not just shirts my first year. Trying to give the rookies a heads up.
I think the most important part is just finding an awesome T-shirt. If you get icon he will give you 3 awesome T-shirts (I was lucky enough a few years back), but the important part of this is an awesome t-shirt. Anything beyond that is completely up to the person. My take anyway.

Wooderson said:
Jayrod said:
badmojo1006 said:
Wooderson said:
Seems like people often hook up their stalkee with 2 shirts. Are we doing 1 shirt or 2?

My victim's gonna get a ton of extra swag. :)
This.Should we say what is expected? What people give and get seems to be all over the board.
Minimum one T-Shirt, maximum as much as you can fit in the box
We aren't a bunch of old fashioned women. If the gifts are disproportionate, that's on the giver. No need to feel guilty.
Very true. I didn't know it could be more then one shirt and not just shirts my first year. Trying to give the rookies a heads up.
I think the most important part is just finding an awesome T-shirt. If you get icon he will give you 3 awesome T-shirts (I was lucky enough a few years back), but the important part of this is an awesome t-shirt. Anything beyond that is completely up to the person. My take anyway.
I think that the original idea was 1 shirt for maybe around $25? (As a general guideline. No lawsuits will be filed.) Then some people maybe found a cool one that was like $10-$15 and decided that they would do two to compensate. And others threw in general swag as well to compensate and/or for fun.

But yeah, any 1 T-shirt is the minimum and totally sufficient. At least based on my experience and perception.

A single t-shirt as a gift from another part of the U.S. is a cool gift. If you can find a couple and get them for check of a deal then all the better.

I got some local coffee beans as an extra with mine last year and that was awesome! Loved waking up and grinding some good coffee for the French Press and enjoying it with my morning paper

I tossed in a baseball cap from the local St Paul Saints last year with a shirt from a local craft brewery

I also did a side trade with someone who didn't get in and sent them a shirt and hat from a local brewery (although they never reciprocated)

You don't have to send more than a simple t-shirt and shouldn't feel you have to

Do we track who's already received a shirt from which location? Im sure I'm not the only guy from Nashville who's participating, how unlucky would it be if I sent the same shirt someone already has. I guess the odds are pretty low though.

Do we track who's already received a shirt from which location? Im sure I'm not the only guy from Nashville who's participating, how unlucky would it be if I sent the same shirt someone already has. I guess the odds are pretty low though.
The odds would low of duplicating up on a shirt, but good news is they are going to two different people. The receiver is supposed to post pics of the shirt (gifts) they received.

I suppose one way of making sure you didn't duplicate is get your shirt in the mail right away :)

The odds would low of duplicating up on a shirt, but good news is they are going to two different people. The receiver is supposed to post pics of the shirt (gifts) they received.

I suppose one way of making sure you didn't duplicate is get your shirt in the mail right away :)
I think he meant from previous years. Like, if my shirt-Santa from last year was from Nashville and my shirt-Santa from this year happens to also be from Nashville.

I think he meant from previous years. Like, if my shirt-Santa from last year was from Nashville and my shirt-Santa from this year happens to also be from Nashville.
Ooooh. I guess I look at this as more of a fun thing, and not too worried about prior years.

Heck, some of those shirts that some guys received, I'd love to get them. I'd just focus on getting a cool shirt and you can't go wrong.

Ooooh. I guess I look at this as more of a fun thing, and not too worried about prior years.

Heck, some of those shirts that some guys received, I'd love to get them. I'd just focus on getting a cool shirt and you can't go wrong.
Anyone else wanna try?

Shirt guidelines? Local teams, pubs, events, etc? NSFW?

I'm fairly certain what I'm sending but ideas will be considered.

I'm sure they're in the previous year's thread but is there a centralized site for the pictures?

I think that the basic idea is that it should be something from your locale that people wouldn't really be able to get anywhere else. Or at least would never have found or be inclined to purchase on the internet.

One of the ones I sent in the past was probably NSFW.

My goal is to have exchanges at least 2 states away from each other. And that people haven't exchanged with the same person. Has been pretty easy so far, but getting tougher and tougher each exchange

A single t-shirt as a gift from another part of the U.S. is a cool gift. If you can find a couple and get them for check of a deal then all the better.I got some local coffee beans as an extra with mine last year and that was awesome! Loved waking up and grinding some good coffee for the French Press and enjoying it with my morning paper

I tossed in a baseball cap from the local St Paul Saints last year with a shirt from a local craft brewery

I also did a side trade with someone who didn't get in and sent them a shirt and hat from a local brewery (although they never reciprocated)

You don't have to send more than a simple t-shirt and shouldn't feel you have to[/quote

A single t-shirt as a gift from another part of the U.S. is a cool gift. If you can find a couple and get them for check of a deal then all the better.I got some local coffee beans as an extra with mine last year and that was awesome! Loved waking up and grinding some good coffee for the French Press and enjoying it with my morning paper

You don't have to send more than a simple t-shirt and shouldn't feel you have to
Saints swag. Awesome

Hope I get you

Wooderson said:
Saints swag. Awesome
Hope I get you
Shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to send you some Saints swag on the side. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A single t-shirt as a gift from another part of the U.S. is a cool gift. If you can find a couple and get them for check of a deal then all the better.

I got some local coffee beans as an extra with mine last year and that was awesome! Loved waking up and grinding some good coffee for the French Press and enjoying it with my morning paper

I tossed in a baseball cap from the local St Paul Saints last year with a shirt from a local craft brewery :thumbup:

Yep. Drew a nice ace last year. Thanks J.

Count me in again, please

I think that the basic idea is that it should be something from your locale that people wouldn't really be able to get anywhere else. Or at least would never have found or be inclined to purchase on the internet.

One of the ones I sent in the past was probably NSFW.
Completely agree. And don't stress too much about it, but generally nothing like pro sports teams, major college sports teams, etc. Think more localized. Although I did receive a Run DMC shirt a few years back that was pretty awesome that people still talk about when I wear, so I don't think it is a hard fast rule.

Have fun with it. At least that is my take.

Looks like we have 45 so far. We had 44 last year. I am going to leave sign-ups open through the weekend as it looks like I have to work sat and maybe sun. I also want to PM a couple of people who did it the three previous years but haven't signed up this year.

Should have signups mid week

Users who are viewing this thread