What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (2 Viewers)

I'm ready to move on from Carr, but I don't believe for a second that there won't be a market for him Carr. He's only 31 and shows no sign of physical decline. He's going to restructure his deal with whatever team he's traded to. If Jimmy G was healthy last off season, he would have been traded despite his cap number.

I know there was some talk that Adams would probably want out now. He has come out and said he wants to be with the Raiders next year. Maybe that will change, but at least for now he wants to still be here.

I know there was some talk that Adams would probably want out now. He has come out and said he wants to be with the Raiders next year. Maybe that will change, but at least for now he wants to still be here.
Yup, said hes always wanted to be a Raider , thats awesome.

I also think he really likes what he sees in Stidham so that might factor in as well , i bet he advocates for him to be a starter .

Making lemonade out of all those lemons he’s been given. Seriously though, my conspiracy theorist side has me thinking he knows something big is on the horizon for next season, which is why he changed his tune so quickly.
If Stidham is the plan next season, it makes the most sense but it wouldn’t be the typical splashy Davis move. I believe the Brady rumors are real but I also think there’s other options they’re exploring at QB that the media isn’t taking about. Could Aaron Rodgers possibly be reunited with Adams? Anything is possible.

"maybe he's the best quarterback on the roster, maybe he's not, but he's the toughest"
Sep 28, 2014NFLKnee MCL Sprain Grade 2Carr sprained his MCL and suffered a high-ankle sprain but was ready for the Raiders' next game (following a bye week).
Nov 27, 2016NFLHand Finger FractureCarr dislocated and broke his right pinkie finger on a snap. He returned later that game and didn't miss any additional time with the injury.
Dec 24, 2016NFLLeg Fibula FractureCarr broke his fibula in Week 16, had surgery and missed the rest of the season.
Aug 15, 2014NFLChest Rib BruiseCarr took a big hit in the preseason, giving him a concussion (see other injuries) and also a rib bruise.
Aug 16, 2014NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Carr took a big hit in the preseason, giving him a concussion. He missed the following week's game but played in the preseason finale.
May 19, 2015NFLHand Finger Sprain/Pull UnspecifiedCarr sprained his ring finger on his throwing hand early in the offseason but was cleared by June minicamp.
Sep 13, 2015NFLHand Thumb SprainCarr suffered a bruised right (throwing) thumb. He missed the rest of the game against the Bengals but returned the following week.
Sep 28, 2014NFLPedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3Carr suffered a high-ankle sprain -- along with a sprained MCL -- in Week 4. He was able to play in the Raiders' next game, following a Week 5 bye.
Oct 1, 2017NFLBack Vertebral FractureCarr suffered a transverse process fracture in his back and missed 1 game.

Until last week (which was not injury related) missed two games in 9 years. I call :bs:

"maybe he's the best quarterback on the roster, maybe he's not, but he's the toughest"
Sep 28, 2014NFLKnee MCL Sprain Grade 2Carr sprained his MCL and suffered a high-ankle sprain but was ready for the Raiders' next game (following a bye week).
Nov 27, 2016NFLHand Finger FractureCarr dislocated and broke his right pinkie finger on a snap. He returned later that game and didn't miss any additional time with the injury.
Dec 24, 2016NFLLeg Fibula FractureCarr broke his fibula in Week 16, had surgery and missed the rest of the season.
Aug 15, 2014NFLChest Rib BruiseCarr took a big hit in the preseason, giving him a concussion (see other injuries) and also a rib bruise.
Aug 16, 2014NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Carr took a big hit in the preseason, giving him a concussion. He missed the following week's game but played in the preseason finale.
May 19, 2015NFLHand Finger Sprain/Pull UnspecifiedCarr sprained his ring finger on his throwing hand early in the offseason but was cleared by June minicamp.
Sep 13, 2015NFLHand Thumb SprainCarr suffered a bruised right (throwing) thumb. He missed the rest of the game against the Bengals but returned the following week.
Sep 28, 2014NFLPedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3Carr suffered a high-ankle sprain -- along with a sprained MCL -- in Week 4. He was able to play in the Raiders' next game, following a Week 5 bye.
Oct 1, 2017NFLBack Vertebral FractureCarr suffered a transverse process fracture in his back and missed 1 game.

Until last week (which was not injury related) missed two games in 9 years. I call :bs:
Fair point. Carr has shown great toughness in playing through injuries. I guess someone in the video (I haven't watched it) said Stidham was the toughest. Maybe a better word would have been fearless. The long TD to Adams where he knew he was going to get blasted was very impressive.

My post relates to them as raiders. Of course I hope and wish the best for Carr and whoever else once they've moved on.

I know plenty of folks ready to move from Carr.

The obvious question of course becomes, "Who's Next?" It'd be great to get Josh Allen but I'm pretty sure he's staying put.
She’s
What are some realistic QBs you'd rather see than Carr?
I get the feeling they are going to do what Seattle did. Cut ties with the expensive franchise QB and give the back up the reigns for a year and see how he performs. Seems to have worked out ok for the Seahawks.
The difference between the the two scenarios is the Raiders would be lucky to get anything in return for Carr, whereas Seattle fleeced Denver for Wilson.
I don't think this is true. The buzz around Carr has always been that other coaches/execs think highly of him. It is just the Raider fans who think he isn't worth anything. That said... I wonder if the Denver situation will hurt us on what we get. It certainly is a cautionary tale for at least the guaranteed money if not the trade.
Dude. Take your Carr glasses off. If there was a player that the NFL and the coaches/execs would have as their poster boy, it was wilson. Don’t get on the high horse and say it’s the fans fault that DC is getting a bad rap. Denver got fleeced. Hopefully the raiders can find a victim.
Dude. Take your Carr hate glasses off. You say you don't hate him but your posts say otherwise... such as brining up his religious views constantly when you are the only one that wants to talk/mention it. Why would you other than you have a distaste for it? Moving on...

Every single time over the last couple of years I have heard or read anything brought up about this from insiders, reporters, or whatever... everyone says that NFL coaches/execs love Carr as a QB and that there is a market for him.

I do think it is worthwhile to bring up Wilson because the NFL is a copycat league... when things go well, other teams copy it. When things go bad, other teams avoid it... whether there is rhyme or reason behind it. But, a team like the Jets trading for Carr is makes sense. Will they get a deal like Denver gave up? No. Will there be a trade market for him? Yes. Will the offers be substantial? I think so. The biggest question is will Carr want to go there.

Here is what David said about what Derek is thinking:
“The Raiders are going to seek a trade and they’re going to bring trades, which Derek has a no-trade clause, and he’s going to look for teams that have a stable situation between their head coach and their ownership. Stable.”

What does that tell us? It means Derek isn't willing to go to another organization that is a mess. He has had that for 9 years. I think it has worn on him and I think it finally started to get to him. The HC and OC changes. The team builds and rebuilds and rebuilds again. The fan base calling for his head as a scapegoat when he has played generally ranging from well to elite through his career on crappy teams. It makes sense. The big problem on the trade scene is a team that fits that stability and have a team that isn't another rebuild... so that means teams like the Texans are gone. The turmoil in Washington front office likely means not a place he would want to go. The Colts coaching situation is a mess. The Jets make sense. Do the Jets want to buy? It makes sense for them. They have spent a ton of draft capital over the years searching for their QB. Carr can give them a good 5 years and that is a window they have on a young and talented team with a solid HC. However, just because it makes sense does not mean that they will want to do it. For me, if I was the decision maker on the Jets... what are you going to do? Retain White? Go after Mayfield? Try to lure Brady? I mean, there are reasons why the Broncos gave up so much for Wilson... it isn't easy getting a decent... let alone a good... NFL starting QB you can rely on. I think the Jets see what they have and that a big missing piece is a QB that can help them win now and for a few years down the road... Carr will be, without any doubt, the best option for that on the QB market.

Fair point. Carr has shown great toughness in playing through injuries. I guess someone in the video (I haven't watched it) said Stidham was the toughest. Maybe a better word would have been fearless. The long TD to Adams where he knew he was going to get blasted was very impressive.
To be fair... I didn't watch the video. I am not a fan of that guys style and from the half of a video I watched before more sizzle than steak. Not my cup of tea.

My post relates to them as raiders. Of course I hope and wish the best for Carr and whoever else once they've moved on.

The obvious question of course becomes, "Who's Next?" It'd be great to get Josh Allen but I'm pretty sure he's staying put.
She’s
I get the feeling they are going to do what Seattle did. Cut ties with the expensive franchise QB and give the back up the reigns for a year and see how he performs. Seems to have worked out ok for the Seahawks.
The difference between the the two scenarios is the Raiders would be lucky to get anything in return for Carr, whereas Seattle fleeced Denver for Wilson.
I don't think this is true. The buzz around Carr has always been that other coaches/execs think highly of him. It is just the Raider fans who think he isn't worth anything. That said... I wonder if the Denver situation will hurt us on what we get. It certainly is a cautionary tale for at least the guaranteed money if not the trade.
Dude. Take your Carr glasses off. If there was a player that the NFL and the coaches/execs would have as their poster boy, it was wilson. Don’t get on the high horse and say it’s the fans fault that DC is getting a bad rap. Denver got fleeced. Hopefully the raiders can find a victim.
Dude. Take your Carr hate glasses off. You say you don't hate him but your posts say otherwise... such as brining up his religious views constantly when you are the only one that wants to talk/mention it. Why would you other than you have a distaste for it? Moving on...

Every single time over the last couple of years I have heard or read anything brought up about this from insiders, reporters, or whatever... everyone says that NFL coaches/execs love Carr as a QB and that there is a market for him.

I do think it is worthwhile to bring up Wilson because the NFL is a copycat league... when things go well, other teams copy it. When things go bad, other teams avoid it... whether there is rhyme or reason behind it. But, a team like the Jets trading for Carr is makes sense. Will they get a deal like Denver gave up? No. Will there be a trade market for him? Yes. Will the offers be substantial? I think so. The biggest question is will Carr want to go there.

“The Raiders are going to seek a trade and they’re going to bring trades, which Derek has a no-trade clause, and he’s going to look for teams that have a stable situation between their head coach and their ownership. Stable.”

What does that tell us? It means Derek isn't willing to go to another organization that is a mess. He has had that for 9 years. I think it has worn on him and I think it finally started to get to him. The HC and OC changes. The team builds and rebuilds and rebuilds again. The fan base calling for his head as a scapegoat when he has played generally ranging from well to elite through his career on crappy teams. It makes sense. The big problem on the trade scene is a team that fits that stability and have a team that isn't another rebuild... so that means teams like the Texans are gone. The turmoil in Washington front office likely means not a place he would want to go. The Colts coaching situation is a mess. The Jets make sense. Do the Jets want to buy? It makes sense for them. They have spent a ton of draft capital over the years searching for their QB. Carr can give them a good 5 years and that is a window they have on a young and talented team with a solid HC. However, just because it makes sense does not mean that they will want to do it. For me, if I was the decision maker on the Jets... what are you going to do? Retain White? Go after Mayfield? Try to lure Brady? I mean, there are reasons why the Broncos gave up so much for Wilson... it isn't easy getting a decent... let alone a good... NFL starting QB you can rely on. I think the Jets see what they have and that a big missing piece is a QB that can help them win now and for a few years down the road... Carr will be, without any doubt, the best option for that on the QB market.
I tend to agree but I do wonder how execs feel about his cold weather experience or if he and his family are ready for the east coast. Carr is definitely a west coast kid growing up in Bakersfield, playing in Fresno Oakland (during many drought years) and now Vegas. I can’t even recall a time Carr played well in snow, I’m sure he has at some point in Denver or KC late in the season, but he for sure doesn’t have a lot of bad weather experience for a 9 year vet. Will that come into play in decision makers minds? I don’t know, something to think about, which is why I kinda like the Saints, he stays in a dome, typically warm weather division and he goes to the NFC.

Something that I am wondering, Carr's contract is guaranteed by some date shortly after the SB. If the Raiders pick up the contract THEN trade him, does that money count against his new team's cap?

Here is my (pipe) dream scenario regarding the offseason:
  1. Raiders send Carr to NYJ for Quinnen Williams
  2. Raiders draft Brian Bresee
  3. Raiders spend draft capital on improving OLine
  4. Raiders sign Brady and resign Stidham
Shoot holes in this

Shoot holes in this.

1. Trade Carr to Colts for Deforest Buckner.
I don't mind Brady for a Season or two. Watching the Refs internal struggle between their bias against the Raiders v. their love for Tom Brady would be worth it.

I hope I am wrong, but I'm not seeing why Carr would agree to any trade. If a team is willing to trade for him, which would mean they are willing to take on his current contract - AND he is willing to go to that team - why not just eliminate the middle man that is the Raiders? Carr's no-trade clause gives him all the leverage here, and with the way the divorce unfolded, why should he do the Raiders any favors?

My prediction: they will cut him and get nothing at all. Not because there isn't a market for him, but b/c they are dumb ****s and nuked the trade bridge with the way they ousted him.

Shoot holes in this.

I don't mind Brady for a Season or two. Watching the Refs internal struggle between their bias against the Raiders v. their love for Tom Brady would be worth it.
I hope the Colts wouldn’t want Carr and for Buckner it would cost more than Carr. The the Colts would be better off trading him and their pick to move up for Young or Stroud.

Last edited:
Shoot holes in this.

I hope the Colts wouldn’t want Carr and for Buckner it would cost more than Carr. The the Colts would be better of trading him and their pick to move up for Young or Stroud.
Mack went for a 2nd and a 6th. I'd trade Carr and a 3rd for Buckner, he's a monster.

Shoot holes in this.

I hope the Colts wouldn’t want Carr and for Buckner it would cost more than Carr. The the Colts would be better of trading him and their pick to move up for Young or Stroud.
Mack went for a 2nd and a 6th. I'd trade Carr and a 3rd for Buckner, he's a monster.
The Colts wouldn’t

Here is the reality of how this will go down in reality:

1) The Bills will offer two first round picks, Josh Allen and $1 billion dollars to the Raiders for Derek Carr
2) The Raiders will refuse and win the next five Super Bowls with Carr at QB.
3) Tom Brady will poop his pants during the coin toss of his next nationally televised game.

Shoot holes in this.

The Colts wouldn’t
What do you think it would take? Buckner is 28 and has a big cap number. I put Carr at a Second round value, so I think Carr and a 3rd is fair, more than the Bears got for Mack.

Something that I am wondering, Carr's contract is guaranteed by some date shortly after the SB. If the Raiders pick up the contract THEN trade him, does that money count against his new team's cap?
Per overthecap... 2023 pre June 1 trade is a cap hit to LVR of $5,625,000. Post June 1 trade that goes down to $1,875,000. No change in cap on being cut or traded in either.

$23,777,499 in dead cap from Littleton, Nassib, Drake, Leatherwood, Gillispie and Simpson.

I hope I am wrong, but I'm not seeing why Carr would agree to any trade. If a team is willing to trade for him, which would mean they are willing to take on his current contract - AND he is willing to go to that team - why not just eliminate the middle man that is the Raiders? Carr's no-trade clause gives him all the leverage here, and with the way the divorce unfolded, why should he do the Raiders any favors?

My prediction: they will cut him and get nothing at all. Not because there isn't a market for him, but b/c they are dumb ****s and nuked the trade bridge with the way they ousted him.
I am going to trust David Carr when he indicates that Derek is going to look at trades and accept it based on stable ownership/HC and I would also assume a decent team that he can win with. David is pretty much the most you can get as an insider on this.

Shoot holes in this
You cant mention Brady in this group man, the hate is strong :P
I use to hate him after the Tuck rule game and I will admit it... having a charmed life... but he won me over with respect after being 45, 46 this year.... June I think (not that I normally would know... I just know that I am roughly 5-7 months older than him) and not just still playing but playing at a high level. I use to be Montana was the GOAT but the longevity and then winning outside of NE as well broke me down.

I don't want him in LV. It isn't about hate. It is about what I think it best for the team.

Last edited:

She’s

😂

I don’t hate carr at all. That’s absurd. I don’t think he’s elite as you do. I think he’s a pretty decent qb. But I think his best years are behind him.

I think his public persona of a really amazing upstanding dude clouds people’s view of his ability on the field. The Jesus stuff is part of that. I Couldn’t care less personally. I just think it clouds people’s judgement

:shrug:

If carr is smart(and I think he is) he resigns and then approves a trade. That’s the best way to guarantee his money. He probably won’t get 40M on the open market.

But the raiders gonna raider. Most likely they cut him with no compensation

would be hilarious if derek goes to a team with more stability at HC and then the coach gets fired because the owner/GM doesn't think it's carr's fault when the offense can't score. "what about the defense!" the sequel :lmao:

carr to the pats or steelers
I’d think the Steelers are happy with Pickett
They should be. He’s playing decent and is going to improve in that well run organization. Steelers will be in playoffs next year. Raiders will likely not.

memo to 10 year old me: don’t switch from a Steelers fan to a Raiders fan back in ‘77. Short term, it was a good call. But long term, it ain’t.

Yea, that aren't going to make any big trades for a QB.
NE... maybe... (gawd, I would hate that... I am going to wish Carr success for as much as it doesn't impede Raider success and as long as he didn't end up with one of our division rivals... Chef and Dolts are not going to happen 100% and there is no way the Donkeys can make anything work with the dead Albatross.... er, I mean, Wilson.... hung around their necks.... OR NE.... I just can't ever see myself happy they win unless it somehow benefited the Raiders.)
The Jets seem like the perfect landing spot for all involved.

Carr would wilt under the lights of Gotham. No chance. Love him as a person, but unfortunately he was good, but not good enough, as a starting QB. I wish him success, but I don't think he would ever lead the Raiders beyond what he has so far, without a better roster around him. And that time has passed.

I think Brady is a very realistic option for Brady. He knows McDaniels. The offense has Adams, Waller and Renfro u dear contract. They could Franchise Jacobs. Those are some appealing skills pieces. They could use the money they saved on Carr to upgrade the oline.

We know Brady is unhappy in TB and this scenario seems to be picking up steam.

Carr would wilt under the lights of Gotham. No chance. Love him as a person, but unfortunately he was good, but not good enough, as a starting QB. I wish him success, but I don't think he would ever lead the Raiders beyond what he has so far, without a better roster around him. And that time has passed.
With the hell he went through last year as well as the 6 years or so of most of the Raider fanbase calling for him to be traded... you think the NY media and fans would make him wilt? Yea. If they make that trade, I am up for the bet on that.

I think Brady is a very realistic option for Brady. He knows McDaniels. The offense has Adams, Waller and Renfro u dear contract. They could Franchise Jacobs. Those are some appealing skills pieces. They could use the money they saved on Carr to upgrade the oline.

We know Brady is unhappy in TB and this scenario seems to be picking up steam.
Brady knows he can't win without a defense. Maybe he comes because there is nothing else more appealing but I don't think McD makes it something he wants to do because he is buddy buddy with him. He gave up Gisele and it wasn't just to keep playing ball... he wants to win. Brady at 46 for Carr does not improve the offense that much (potentially it could implode it if his body gives out). Is $25MM enough to fix the Raider D?

Shoot holes in this.

The Colts wouldn’t
What do you think it would take? Buckner is 28 and has a big cap number. I put Carr at a Second round value, so I think Carr and a 3rd is fair, more than the Bears got for Mack.
What I think is fair is moot, because the Colts aren't trading Buckner that I've heard and certainly not for Carr.

With the hell he went through last year as well as the 6 years or so of most of the Raider fanbase calling for him to be traded... you think the NY media and fans would make him wilt? Yea. If they make that trade, I am up for the bet on that.
I don’t get this narrative either. He would handle the media just fine. As I mentioned before, the weather on the other hand is something I’d be concerned with. He is probably the most West Coast, fair weather QB in the league. Captain Tiny Hands might have a hard time gripping the football in fridgid weather. Recent history in Pittsburgh could point to that.

They should be. He’s playing decent and is going to improve in that well run organization. Steelers will be in playoffs next year. Raiders will likely not.

memo to 10 year old me: don’t switch from a Steelers fan to a Raiders fan back in ‘77. Short term, it was a good call. But long term, it ain’t.
I grew up an hour north of Pittsburgh and I too became a Raider fan at 10 years old but it was 78. I was a dumb kid that fell for the outlaw reckless and winning play of the Raiders. I could have been celebrating winning and playoffs almost every year and a SB almost every decade as a Steeler fan.

Shoot holes in this.

The Colts wouldn’t
What I think is fair is moot, because the Colts aren't trading Buckner that I've heard and certainly not for Carr.
Well, what we all think is moot, unless one of us is secretly working in a front office somewhere.

Carr would make a ton of sense in Seattle.
Why let Geno go? That are not going to have some dumb GM give up a ton of draft picks to get him and then give him a huge contract that can't get out of. Geno has won the job long term and Seattle would be silly to move on from him.

I grew up an hour north of Pittsburgh and I too became a Raider fan at 10 years old but it was 78. I was a dumb kid that fell for the outlaw reckless and winning play of the Raiders. I could have been celebrating winning and playoffs almost every year and a SB almost every decade as a Steeler fan.
My oldest son is now a Dolphin fan (changed from Chef) because he loves Hill (though if someone comes along and is clearly the fastest WR, he would prob jump ship). My youngest who has been my Raider buddy is now starting to talk about the Ravens because the only way he wins at Madden is playing them and running with Lamar all the time.

It use to hurt.

Now I am wondering if they are just making good life decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread