What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

San Francisco 49ers star defensive end Nick Bosa saved his highest praise for running back Josh Jacobs.
"That's a really good team. Best running back I've played against in my career, no doubt about it," Bosa said. "That dude's a beast. And they have a lot of really talented players. Quarterback played good.

Hopefully if Stidham does well next week against the Chiefs the Raiders can sign him to a Mariota type deal. His salary definitely went up some yesterday.

I'm not sure Carr is tradable. He'll say classy things publicly, but you know privately he wants to stick it to the Raiders, and he's holding all the cards. What other team is going to give $40 million plus picks for Carr when they can wait and bid on him after he's cut and save the picks?

Because he’s never had an interview for the position? Even after last year. Did you watch his of his pressers last year. Painful. Lovable, but so out of place.
I’m far more interested in the results.
Because he’s never had an interview for the position? Even after last year. Did you watch his of his pressers last year. Painful. Lovable, but so out of place.
🤷 hopefully we’ll see in time, he had the support of Mayock and at least a few players. I don’t really care about the press conferences, at least not over winning. Regardless of whether luck was a bigger factor for them last year than normal.
See what over time? If coach b gets a HC gig? Don’t hold your breath. And an endorsement from mayock doesn’t mean much.

Hopefully if Stidham does well next week against the Chiefs the Raiders can sign him to a Mariota type deal. His salary definitely went up some yesterday.

I'm not sure Carr is tradable. He'll say classy things publicly, but you know privately he wants to stick it to the Raiders, and he's holding all the cards. What other team is going to give $40 million plus picks for Carr when they can wait and bid on him after he's cut and save the picks?
I agree. Why would Carr want to waive his no trade clause now? With the cut-throat way the Raiders ended his time there, if I were Carr I’d be playing hard ball too.
I wouldn’t give a cr@p about what the Raiders wanted to do in a future that doesn’t include me. I’d give them two options, cut me, or pay me.

I agree. Why would Carr want to waive his no trade clause now? With the cut-throat way the Raiders ended his time there, if I were Carr I’d be playing hard ball too.
I wouldn’t give a cr@p about what the Raiders wanted to do in a future that doesn’t include me. I’d give them two options, cut me, or pay me.
You guys might be right, but if he's cut I can't see him getting $40M next year and that could be why he could accept a trade.

I’m far more interested in the results.
🤷 hopefully we’ll see in time, he had the support of Mayock and at least a few players. I don’t really care about the press conferences, at least not over winning. Regardless of whether luck was a bigger factor for them last year than normal.
See what over time? If coach b gets a HC gig? Don’t hold your breath. And an endorsement from mayock doesn’t mean much.
That’s why I said hopefully. I think he’d be a good HC again. 🤷

The offense had the best outing of the season against the best defense in the league. How the Carr apologists are aligning their position with what transpired yesterday?
I’m super happy about yesterdays performance against a clearly superior team BUT I think we can file this under similar category of when a coach gets fired and the team steps up for the interim coach and each other, or when other back up QBs get thrown into action when the starter goes down. These temporary peaks are common in football imo. How he performs NEXT week is what will tell us if it’s a blip or a hopeful trend.

Jets, Titans, and Commanders are all teams with solid+ defenses, good running games, and QB's that held them back. All had strong playoff shots until their QB stunk up the place. NOS has no 1st rounder next year and a huge QB need. SFO has a complete team that is a legit SB contender and a huge wildcard 3rd year guy in Trey Lance that they know nothing about.

Matt Ryan was traded for a 3rd round pick. Carson Wentz fetched two 3rds and a 5-pick bump in 2022 round 2. There's going to be a trade market for Carr.

The offense had the best outing of the season against the best defense in the league. How are the Carr apologists aligning their position with what transpired yesterday?
A loss with two INTs including the game clinching INT?

Stidham is my guy because, what choice do I have? But, over 9 seasons with Carr we have seen plenty of surprising performances, let's not pretend that one good outing by Stidham, in a loss where he turned the ball over twice, moves the needle for either him or Carr.

Yesterday as a conclusive factor for either QB is a nonsense argument.

Go do the same against the Chiefs and actually bring home the victory and maybe we can start this silly conversation for real.

I don't remember ever seeing carr score touchdowns in all 4 quarters against a physical top ranked defense like the niners have. we've seen carr **** the bed against defenses like that for years now. fluke or not, it was different than what we're used to seeing. it was exciting.

maybe stidham isn't the answer, but carr clearly isn't either after so many years of watching things just not work with him starting. stidham is a lot cheaper and we can't say we really know one way or the other with him. how many more years were we supposed to have carr eating up a large chunk of salary cap with nothing to show for it but disappointing seasons?

I'll take a young qb who had the niners D in trouble all day, over the veteran making $30+mil and would have been lucky to get a field goal while being blown out at home.

The offense had the best outing of the season against the best defense in the league. How are the Carr apologists aligning their position with what transpired yesterday?

Stidham is my guy because, what choice do I have? But, over 9 seasons with Carr we have seen plenty of surprising performances, let's not pretend that one good outing by Stidham, in a loss where he turned the ball over twice, moves the needle for either him or Carr.

Go do the same against the Chiefs and actually bring home the victory and maybe we can start this silly conversation for real.
My question wasn't meant to focus Stidham. I agree that we cannot make any conclusions from one game. But what we can do is compare the offense's performance before and after Carr. We saw what happens:
1. When Adams is targeted consistently and ACCURATELY (how many times has Carr overthrown Adams this year?)
2. When a QB shows good presence in the pocket
3. When the QB comes off his first read and targets the open receiver

Revisiting Stidham's performance, Chaka, you have watched enough football to know the second INT was not Stidham's fault. Miller got pushed back into him causing the ball to be underthrown. You are being disingenuous to even suggest it was Stidham's fault.

My observations:
Carr career average per game
64.6%. 248 passing yards, 1.52 TD/ .69 INT, 7.1 Y/A, 91.8 Quarterback Rating, 52.8 QBR, 1.85 sacks
Stidham game
66% 437 passing yards, 3 TD/ 2 INT, 9.3 Y/A, 99.3 Quarterback Rating, 75.4 QBR, 1 sacks

Considering that is 9 years of ups and downs versus one game, it isn't totally unlike one another.

Carr has had a down year which when adding Adams to Renfrow, Waller and Jacobs- expectations were high for the offense. Waller and Renfrow have missed significant time. The Oline, as expected struggled early but then began to play decently. At times, play calling has been... interesting.

Raiders offensive ranking before the Niner game:
Points per game #12
Yards per game #11
Points per play #10
Yards per play #7
3D conversion #19
4D conversion #5
RZ TD Scoring % #27
Rush play % #19
Yards per rush #4
Rushes per game #22
Rush yards per game #11
Rush TDs per game #22
Pass Play #14
Completion % #27
Yards per pass #11
Passes per game #13
Pass Yards per game #11
INT thrown % #28
QB sacks % #6
O Penalties per play #30
O Penalties per game #30
O Penalties yard per game #30
O Penatly yards per penalty #19

Defensive rankings are mostly mid 20's with INT #30 and sacks #31.

I think a lot of this is comes down to expectations and the system.

For expectations, no matter what has happened around Carr, the offense played "well" but didn't meet expectations. I think expectations were to not just be on the bubble of a top ten offense but well within being a top ten offense. Is Carr the reason for this? There are very few Raiders fans who haven't had a set viewpoint on Carr BEFORE this year and pretty much nothing is going to change their views. There are detractors and supporters. I would fall under supporter obviously. I have to admit though that Carr hasn't played to the level he can and mostly has through his career on teams with much less talent around him. Why is that? You can point to the Oline and that may be part of it but I think it is the system. How much of that is not being a good fit for the system and how much is that part of the process of getting to know the system? I don't know. I also wonder about the reports earlier in the year where Carr was being 'controlled' with very little freedom to call audibles etc.

Then enter Stidham. A system QB who has had a few years of time in the system. The Oline is playing it's best ball and all the weapons of Adams, Waller, Renfrow and Jacobs available to him. Granted, going against one of, it not the best D's in the league, did not make it easy on him. On the other hand, we have seen it many times where a QB with very little tap available has early success and then DC's are able to develop game plans that are more effective after there is game tap to dissect.

It is silly for anyone to have a position that Carr is not a good QB. HOF? No. Good? Yes. I think his career has been mauled by 9 years of changing HC's and OC's, offensive teams that either lacked weapons or good Oline play and consistently had one of the worse defenses in the league throughout his entire 9 years. He is much better than his W/L record. The reality is, though, that most fans judge a QB based on the W/L's and that is it.

With not only benching him but placing him inactive and sent home (though this was a 'mutual decision') it is clear that the team will move on. It is hard to move back from where we are now. Is there a possibility that he stays? Sure... Jimmy G showed that possibility this year. I don't like it but I don't control it. So, my view on moving forward is this: Keep Stidham, do not cut Carr but if we can get a good trade for him- then trade him. Also trade Waller and Adams. Collect as much draft capital as possible. Draft a QB and pretty much every defensive player we can with all the picks. Maybe we do a good job in drafting and we can actually be a competitive team in a couple of years.

I would have preferred to give Carr another year in the system, use our 1st pick on an edge rusher and then our 2nd rounder for a RT. If Jones played at somewhat the level that was expected of him this year, the D would be significantly better. Someone opposite of Crosby that is a sack threat would make this look like a totally different defensive team. Sure, not the 85 Bears, but someone who is a 10 sack a year guy would be huge.

I am watching the replay now. Thoughts on the actual game later.

My observations:
64.6%. 248 passing yards, 1.52 TD/ .69 INT, 7.1 Y/A, 91.8 Quarterback Rating, 52.8 QBR, 1.85 sacks
Stidham game
66% 437 passing yards, 3 TD/ 2 INT, 9.3 Y/A, 99.3 Quarterback Rating, 75.4 QBR, 1 sacks

Considering that is 9 years of ups and downs versus one game, it isn't totally unlike one another.

Carr has had a down year which when adding Adams to Renfrow, Waller and Jacobs- expectations were high for the offense. Waller and Renfrow have missed significant time. The Oline, as expected struggled early but then began to play decently. At times, play calling has been... interesting.

Points per game #12
Yards per game #11
Points per play #10
Yards per play #7
3D conversion #19
4D conversion #5
RZ TD Scoring % #27
Rush play % #19
Yards per rush #4
Rushes per game #22
Rush yards per game #11
Rush TDs per game #22
Pass Play #14
Completion % #27
Yards per pass #11
Passes per game #13
Pass Yards per game #11
INT thrown % #28
QB sacks % #6
O Penalties per play #30
O Penalties per game #30

For expectations, no matter what has happened around Carr, the offense played "well" but didn't meet expectations. I think expectations were to not just be on the bubble of a top ten offense but well within being a top ten offense. Is Carr the reason for this? There are very few Raiders fans who haven't had a set viewpoint on Carr BEFORE this year and pretty much nothing is going to change their views. There are detractors and supporters. I would fall under supporter obviously. I have to admit though that Carr hasn't played to the level he can and mostly has through his career on teams with much less talent around him. Why is that? You can point to the Oline and that may be part of it but I think it is the system. How much of that is not being a good fit for the system and how much is that part of the process of getting to know the system? I don't know. I also wonder about the reports earlier in the year where Carr was being 'controlled' with very little freedom to call audibles etc.

Then enter Stidham. A system QB who has had a few years of time in the system. The Oline is playing it's best ball and all the weapons of Adams, Waller, Renfrow and Jacobs available to him. Granted, going against one of, it not the best D's in the league, did not make it easy on him. On the other hand, we have seen it many times where a QB with very little tap available has early success and then DC's are able to develop game plans that are more effective after there is game tap to dissect.

It is silly for anyone to have a position that Carr is not a good QB. HOF? No. Good? Yes. I think his career has been mauled by 9 years of changing HC's and OC's, offensive teams that either lacked weapons or good Oline play and consistently had one of the worse defenses in the league throughout his entire 9 years. He is much better than his W/L record. The reality is, though, that most fans judge a QB based on the W/L's and that is it.

With not only benching him but placing him inactive and sent home (though this was a 'mutual decision') it is clear that the team will move on. It is hard to move back from where we are now. Is there a possibility that he stays? Sure... Jimmy G showed that possibility this year. I don't like it but I don't control it. So, my view on moving forward is this: Keep Stidham, do not cut Carr but if we can get a good trade for him- then trade him. Also trade Waller and Adams. Collect as much draft capital as possible. Draft a QB and pretty much every defensive player we can with all the picks. Maybe we do a good job in drafting and we can actually be a competitive team in a couple of years.

I would have preferred to give Carr another year in the system, use our 1st pick on an edge rusher and then our 2nd rounder for a RT. If Jones played at somewhat the level that was expected of him this year, the D would be significantly better. Someone opposite of Crosby that is a sack threat would make this look like a totally different defensive team. Sure, not the 85 Bears, but someone who is a 10 sack a year guy would be huge.

As usual great analysis, well researched and thought out. I cant analyze like you do so i just say what my eyes and mind saw . I had no idea what to expect from Stidham so my expectations were low . Man did he shock me . He looked poised and in total control of the team and huddle . The INTs were not on him IMO , they were flukes as opposed to bad throws and or decisions. He said after the game he wasnt nervous and i believe him based on his body language . I loved he took off out of the pocket when it broke down and he looked great on the rollouts. The kid has pretty good wheels in his college video highlights and what i saw from the SF game . Im looking forward to the KC game , that will
tell me if hes the real deal or not . I think hes been preparing in this offense for years and it shows , he has total confidence in it.

Carr is one of my favorite Raiders because of his passion for the game and the Raiders in general . He prepares and plays hard ,hes a great leader on and off the field and a class act.

That said i lost confidence in him this year , i saw a player who just looked off , the difference between his demeanor and Stidham's on the field was very noticeable .
We dont have the time or luxury to wait and see if Carr will pick up this offense or not , id rather roll with a guy who knows it already. Stidham certainly cant do worse than Carr at this point. Stidham felt like a breath of fresh air watching him work .

My question wasn't meant to focus Stidham. I agree that we cannot make any conclusions from one game. But what we can do is compare the offense's performance before and after Carr. We saw what happens:
1. When Adams is targeted consistently and ACCURATELY (how many times has Carr overthrown Adams this year?)

Revisiting Stidham's performance, Chaka, you have watched enough football to know the second INT was not Stidham's fault. Miller got pushed back into him causing the ball to be underthrown. You are being disingenuous to even suggest it was Stidham's fault.
Listen, Stidham had a nice game full stop. He's the QB of the team I root for, I support him whole heartedly and I pray he has a HoF career.

Drawing any other conclusions about the team or Carr has no validity. For all we know Stidham's the next Matt Flynn.

Maybe the 2nd INT wasn't his fault, maybe he should have recognized it earlier and gotten rid of the ball. Who knows?

After years of being told people were "making excuses" for Carr I see the irony in "making excuses" for Stidham, and it's hilarious. No one wants to hear how the defense surrendered four (now five) 10 point leads in the 2nd half so why would anyone want to hear about the reason behind the INTs?

It was the same story we have seen all season:10 point lead in the 2nd half surrendered, offense driving for a late tie or win and #sadtrombone

Again, Stidham had a nice game full stop.

Listen, Stidham had a nice game full stop. He's the QB of the team I root for, I support him whole heartedly and I pray he has a HoF career.

Drawing any other conclusions about the team or Carr has no validity. For all we know Stidham's the next Matt Flynn.

Maybe the 2nd INT wasn't his fault, maybe he should have recognized it earlier and gotten rid of the ball. Who knows?

After years of being told people were "making excuses" for Carr I see the irony in "making excuses" for Stidham, and it's hilarious. No one wants to hear how the defense surrendered four (now five) 10 point leads in the 2nd half so why would anyone want to hear about the reason behind the INTs?

It was the same story we have seen all season:10 point lead in the 2nd half surrendered, offense driving for a late tie or win and #sadtrombone

Again, Stidham had a nice game full stop.
Exactly! Well said. If they could only bench the whole defense and send them home (minus Maxx). Long story short, different QB, same results, a big fat L. I get moving on from Carr, it’s been discussed over and over. Bottom line, team defense lacks talent, always has the past 20 years. Fix that, then we’ll start seeing some consistent wins. Not all games are 34-27, there will be 17-10 games that need to be won on the defensive side of the ball as well.

My observations:
Stidham game

Points per game #12
Yards per game #11
Points per play #10
Yards per play #7
3D conversion #19
4D conversion #5
RZ TD Scoring % #27
Rush play % #19
Yards per rush #4
Rushes per game #22
Rush yards per game #11
Rush TDs per game #22
Pass Play #14
Completion % #27
Yards per pass #11
Passes per game #13
Pass Yards per game #11
INT thrown % #28
QB sacks % #6
O Penalties per play #30
O Penalties per game #30

As usual great analysis, well researched and thought out. I cant analyze like you do so i just say what my eyes and mind saw . I had no idea what to expect from Stidham so my expectations were low . Man did he shock me . He looked poised and in total control of the team and huddle . The INTs were not on him IMO , they were flukes as opposed to bad throws and or decisions. He said after the game he wasnt nervous and i believe him based on his body language . I loved he took off out of the pocket when it broke down and he looked great on the rollouts. The kid has pretty good wheels in his college video highlights and what i saw from the SF game . Im looking forward to the KC game , that will
tell me if hes the real deal or not . I think hes been preparing in this offense for years and it shows , he has total confidence in it.

Carr is one of my favorite Raiders because of his passion for the game and the Raiders in general . He prepares and plays hard ,hes a great leader on and off the field and a class act.

That said i lost confidence in him this year , i saw a player who just looked off , the difference between his demeanor and Stidham's on the field was very noticeable .
We dont have the time or luxury to wait and see if Carr will pick up this offense or not , id rather roll with a guy who knows it already. Stidham certainly cant do worse than Carr at this point. Stidham felt like a breath of fresh air watching him work .
Lots of solid posts by a few looks lately.

The last bit resonated with me. I have always liked Carr. He is so easy to root for. However, I lot faith in him this year. I don’t see a QB that is willing to be aggressive enough to make the throws that win games in a league that has become full of teams that are pretty even. The Steeler game hit hard. The average rookie QB from Pittsburgh played with the bigger balls. They win.

Agreed with all the impressions of Carr in recent pages from both sides, I just continue to have a bad feeling that Joshy Mac brought out the absolute worst in Derek and we are simply watching the progression of a slow mo trainwreck with that dude still in the conductor seat. The following article is pretty damning...

Agreed with all the impressions of Carr in recent pages from both sides, I just continue to have a bad feeling that Joshy Mac brought out the absolute worst in Derek and we are simply watching the progression of a slow mo trainwreck with that dude still in the conductor seat. The following article is pretty damning...

So Carr played well in the first half of games because of Carr and poorly in the second half of games on early down passes because of McDaniels? There doesn't seem to even be an analysis of the types of plays called. The analysis seems to be "Carr was bad on early down passes in the second half of games so it has to be McDaniels fault."

This year seemed a lot like the rest of Carr's career to me. He clearly has talent, but is inconsistent and has stretches or entire games where he plays very badly.

My observations:
Stidham game

Points per game #12
Yards per game #11
Points per play #10
Yards per play #7
3D conversion #19
4D conversion #5
RZ TD Scoring % #27
Rush play % #19
Yards per rush #4
Rushes per game #22
Rush yards per game #11
Rush TDs per game #22
Pass Play #14
Completion % #27
Yards per pass #11
Passes per game #13
Pass Yards per game #11
INT thrown % #28
QB sacks % #6
O Penalties per play #30
O Penalties per game #30

Lots of solid posts by a few looks lately.

The last bit resonated with me. I have always liked Carr. He is so easy to root for. However, I lot faith in him this year. I don’t see a QB that is willing to be aggressive enough to make the throws that win games in a league that has become full of teams that are pretty even. The Steeler game hit hard. The average rookie QB from Pittsburgh played with the bigger balls. They win.
Agreed on all points Doc

One more thing about Stidham . He put the ball up so players could make plays , 2 of Adams catches were him being him , in other words Stidham let his best WR make the plays he can make . He didnt hesitate based on coverage , sometimes thats all you can do, give your players a chance to jump up and grab the pass .

I don't know about this. This comes off as a guy that has an axe to grind with McDaniels. Early down passes in the second half of games when leading??? I watched every game and Carr played very poorly for large stretches of games on all downs. I'm not saying McDaniels does not deserve any blame, but this just seems odd. If Carr played great on late down passes in the first half of games when leading did McDaniels coach greatness out of him in that specific situation?

Last edited:
you can blame the defense all you want, but they built the offense around carr multiple times. if they had built around mack and gave him the contract instead of carr, at least then we'd have a good reason why the offense can't score for entire halves of games. even against bad defenses it's a struggle to get long field goals with carr.

if you want to play the stats game. go play that with beat reporter josh dubow on twitter. when it comes to scoring touchdowns and redzone offense. carr sucks and the stats won't tell you it, but we all know carr gets creamed against that niners team. don't sit here and lie to yourself. that game was exciting instead of depressing. carr wasn't the solution people wanted him to be, now the team can start the long overdue process of finding the solution.

it's not necessary to find the next mahomes, just someone who defenses have to respect. no defense in the league fears derek carr.

Game thoughts...
Was it just me or was the play calling different? Even more so to start. I have been wondering where all the play action were when we have such an effective and efficient running game and mixing in some RB screens to give the Oline help on pass pro. The first drive did and did well.

Stidham- two things that he is better at than Carr: 1) He visibly has a stronger command of the offense. 2) He is better at moving around and scrambling than Carr. The Adams TD's were nice throws. The first was placed perfectly, just out of reach of the CB and just enough for Adams to get it. The other one scrambling out and exposing himself and taking the hit to get a good ball to a wide open Adams. You can't teach that heart to stay with your pass when you know you are about to get demolished. There were some other good plays and throws by him.

The overall stats seemed to me to be embellished in a way. What I mean by that is there were two plays that without great plays by the receiver could have been (probably should have been) INT's. The first was I think the first play of the game (I could be wrong) where Moreau positioned himself well and made a great play on the ball. The second was the record breaking play on Adams. The ball was absolutely in the wrong spot and Adams made a play only a couple of WR's in the league would have had a hope of making to reposition himself inside and basically catch the ball out of the INT. The overturned INT was his fault for sure and got lucky it bounced around in the air and then hit the ground. I do find it funny though... the talk about the INT's not being his fault. It seems that some of the same people saying that may be the same people that would have bashed Carr for making the same INT's. Heck, I remember a little back and forth with my brother @DA RAIDERS about how some INT's Carr made in a game were not his fault versus being his fault (though I don't think he has chimed in on Stidham's INT's). I think those who were inclined to move on from Carr will tend to say it wasn't Stidham's fault but would have come down hard on Carr if he had the same exact plays. Also, no notation of the muffed hike thought Stidham jumped on it. If it was Carr, it would be another piece of evidence showing why Carr must go for some.

Overall, Stidham has command of this offense that he has been in for 4 years (Carr has never had that luxury of having the same system longer than what... 3?). He played well against a very tough Niner defense which I expected him to struggle against. There were a few throws that I think Carr would have made that he did not, one being in the 4th that ended a drive, he just was off by a good amount to Adams. A ball Carr usually makes catchable. Most of his previous playing time was his second year with a very untalented NE offense and he struggled. It looks like he has decent arm strength, decent accuracy, he has a strong command of the system, he is has better pocket movement and more willing to scramble than Carr... Carr almost always will head to the sideline while Stidham went up field a couple of times.

What in the bleeping bleep took the refs so long to throw a flag when Warner nearly broke Renfrows head off his neck?! A blatant and obvious facemask which the rule is in to prevent EXACTLY that type of play and there was this long pause, you could almost hear the ref talking to himself.... "Should I? Can I get away with not throwing it? I mean, it is the Raiders"

Crosby, held, facemask etc all game long. All season long.

In the end, same result as we have had all season long. The problem is not Carr. The only way of moving on from Carr helps us is if we trade him. Cutting him would be moronic.

you can blame the defense all you want, but they built the offense around carr multiple times. if they had built around mack and gave him the contract instead of carr, at least then we'd have a good reason why the offense can't score for entire halves of games. even against bad defenses it's a struggle to get long field goals with carr.

if you want to play the stats game. go play that with beat reporter josh dubow on twitter. when it comes to scoring touchdowns and redzone offense. carr sucks and the stats won't tell you it, but we all know carr gets creamed against that niners team. don't sit here and lie to yourself. that game was exciting instead of depressing. carr wasn't the solution people wanted him to be, now the team can start the long overdue process of finding the solution.

it's not necessary to find the next mahomes, just someone who defenses have to respect. no defense in the league fears derek carr.
You are saying this like ALL the Raiders did was give to the offense and ignore the defense. They invested tons of FA money and a lot of draft picks over the entire Carr tenure in the defense. They just mostly were bad signings and picks. They hit on Mack.... and that was about it until Crosby and Hobbs. A lot of guys were brought in with big money that were widely seen as good moves (Littleton as an example) and they made a number of high draft picks on defense under McKenzie and Mayock... as noted, basically three were good and the rest of have come and gone mostly.

Yes, you can blame the defense. Is Carr the greatest QB ever? No. No one is saying that. Has he played with absolute trash for defenses for his entire 9 years? YES.

Any persons feelings watching a game are influenced by things that have nothing to do with reality. Perception is reality. Your perception is altered by bias among other things. Stats are not. Stats are what they are.

You do realize your entire argument comes down to "Don't look at numbers and ignore the obvious of bad defensive teams for a decade... my feelings tell me this and some guy on twitter agrees with me by using numbers... which I told you to ignore but still." :<_<: I don't know that Carr would have been creamed against the Niners. All season long, except for three games, the offense has put up 20+ points. The offense is demonstrably a near top ten offense under Carr. That isn't bad. That isn't why we haven't won. Now, if they put up 45 a game, would we have won more? Sure. But our record this year is not because of Carr and I am not lying to myself saying that.

I hope the Jets (seems to be the most logical team that could instantly get better with Carr and be a SB contending team) offer a decent package of picks for him. I hope he can go to a team and win with a complete offense around him and a good defense with a good HC (I have no idea if the OC is good or bad or even who it is) assuming we are still rebuilding. I hope we take those picks and make good use of them. I hope Stidham plays great next game and we don't have to use a high pick on reaching for a QB and can invest it in building a good defense. I hope we can win some damn games and be at least a respectable team that has a real shot at the playoffs and SB again. I am sitting here and doing all that but I am not lying to myself. Ejecting Carr will do NOTHING to make us better unless we get something for it and there is a good chance... if Stidham is a one hit wonder... that we are going to be worse off for him not being our QB any more. From Gannon to Carr.... it was a long time of searching for a half way decent QB. I don't want to go through that again. That isn't a lie.

In the end, same result as we have had all season long. The problem is not Carr. The only way of moving on from Carr helps us is if we trade him. Cutting him would be moronic.
The end result was the same, but the offense looked better than it has all season for a full game and it was against the best defense in the league. It was only one game though. I do believe Carr is part of the problem and we will just agree to disagree. I also think it makes sense to move on even if it means cutting him for reasons I've mentioned before in this thread. I'm really looking forward to this week's game to see if Stidham looks good again. I don't know where Carr will end up, but if it's the Jets I do not think it will go well for him. Next year will be very interesting for the Raiders and Carr.

Carr is, statistically, having one of his worst seasons this year of his career. Second lowest completion % (only his rookie year was lower). Tied for his most INT's in a season (last year was 14 as well). Third lowest in yards. Second lowest Quarterback Rating. TD's and QBR were in line.

How many games did we jump out on leads and then lost the game? I don't even know.

I am scared like hell that McD is just not a HC. Sometimes that happens.... even if he is a legit offensive mind which I still think he is. This goes into my argument before about Bisaccia. The skillset to be a good HC and the skillet to be a good OC/DC are NOT the same. What makes a good HC is hard to say as there have been so many different versions of good, winning NFL HC's. I have a feel for what I think makes a good HC and it is more about leadership, team building, organizational management, decision making, complete game planning, game management etc where as being a good OC/DC is more about player development, teaching, X's/O's game planning, etc. Being a good OC/DC can help being a good HC but the skillsets are different.

I was the loudest voice against McD being hired. I have gone back and forth since then on thinking I was right and looking for reasons I was wrong. My biggest fear is that after next year we will be looking for a new HC because it will be clear McD isn't a HC. Carr not playing well is more a hit against McD in my mind than it is telling about Carr because we have 8 years of multiple HC/OC play that was better than under McD.

I so very much hope I was wrong about McD. I really do. I will say that one thing that I am confident of is that he doesn't seem like a total douche like Kiffen. It just might be that he just isn't a good HC... I really hope he is though.

The end result was the same, but the offense looked better than it has all season for a full game and it was against the best defense in the league. It was only one game though. I do believe Carr is part of the problem and we will just agree to disagree. I also think it makes sense to move on even if it means cutting him for reasons I've mentioned before in this thread. I'm really looking forward to this week's game to see if Stidham looks good again. I don't know where Carr will end up, but if it's the Jets I do not think it will go well for him. Next year will be very interesting for the Raiders and Carr.
I don't want it to be interesting... I want some boring games where he blow out the other team and have very little drama and coast into the playoffs while we rest our guys in the last game. I am tired from the interesting. :lmao:

"the end result is the same" except the end result with carr is a depressing blowout loss. with stidham it turned into a close shootout against the best defense in the league. that ain't the same result. I'd much rather see my team be competitive against a great defense and be able to score touchdowns. I've seen enough of the blowout losses against teams like the niners.

"the end result is the same" except the end result with carr is a depressing blowout loss.
It's difficult to take your post as a sincere take when 8 of the 9 Raider losses with Carr were one score games.

Loss #10 was exactly the same script.

Stidham had a nice game, we should pray it wasn't a one off. But to use it as a means to dunk on Carr is ill considered to the point of being childish.

Stidham is getting his job interview, let's give him room to be his own QB. He has nothing to do with Carr at this point.

"the end result is the same" except the end result with carr is a depressing blowout loss. with stidham it turned into a close shootout against the best defense in the league. that ain't the same result. I'd much rather see my team be competitive against a great defense and be able to score touchdowns. I've seen enough of the blowout losses against teams like the niners.
19-24 L
29-23 OT L
22-24 L
23-32 W
29-30 L
20-38 L
0-24 L
20-27 L
25-20 L
22-16 OT W
40-34 OT W
20-27 W
16-17 L
24-30 W
10-13 L

Then 37-34 L

What are you talking about? Seriously.

Man o man. Where to start?

let’s do this first: I am a raider fan. I don’t care about the name on the the back of their jerseys.

Carr lovers seem to forget this. Carr is a great guy. hes extra Jesusy. He’s emotional. He usually takes responsibility for the losses. yadda yadda. Nothing is his fault in the minds of of the Carr lovers. The D SUCKS. Different coordinators, Bla bla bla. Bottom line, the team has sucked with him as qb. It sucked before him as well.

its Time for a change.

I agree with chad, that if they don’t get anything in trade and simply cut him, that will be the worst case scenario. and so typically raiders. It’s ****ing embarrassing.

is stidham the answer? Who knows. Is McZ the amswer? Whe knows. It’s a bit suspect atm. But way less so than the Grudock ****show. We can’t judge this group for at least 3 years. Imho

aawtfdik

let's be serious then. how many points does carr score against that niners defense?
IDK and neither do you. Maybe 10, maybe 50. Maybe it turns into a 6-3 Raiders win or a 59-62 Raiders loss.

The Niners game had literally nothing to do with Derek Carr. Why are you making it about him?

Stidham had nice game, full stop. Let's see what he does this week.

Nothing is his fault in the minds of of the Carr lovers.
This is simply not true. It isn't an either/or situation. I was a big Carr supporter and have called him out multiple times. I have said multiple times that I am fine with moving in from him. I even said McDaniels>Carr.

When you start from a false premise it diminishes your overall point.

Stidham is the Raiders QB, he has my full support. Let's let him actually have an opportunity to become the QB he will be in the NFL. Maybe he's Kurt Warner, maybe he's Taylor Heinicke or maybe he's Matt Flynn. Let's find out.

they do excellent breakdowns of raider games. critical of mcD not being able to put together a complete game on offense.
I think one thing that many of us can agree is that McD is not always a good play caller. Maybe he was thrown off with Walker and Renfrow missing so much time but it’s amazing that the Raiders couldn’t do more on O with Jacobs running so well. Most of us expected the D to struggle but the O seemed to be off even with some really good players in place.

they do excellent breakdowns of raider games. critical of mcD not being able to put together a complete game on offense.
I think one thing that many of us can agree is that McD is not always a good play caller. Maybe he was thrown off with Walker and Renfrow missing so much time but it’s amazing that the Raiders couldn’t do more on O with Jacobs running so well. Most of us expected the D to struggle but the O seemed to be off even with some really good players in place.
At the same time we need to give the coaching staff a lot of credit for the performance of the offensive line and, not only, unlocking Jacobs but turning him into Mecha-Jacobs. I don't think anyone truly believed he had this kind of upside.

And let's not ignore that the Raiders have been bouncing around being a top 10 scoring and yardage offense all season.

I think they were as high as 7th-8th in both categories at times.

This season has been frustrating as hell but I believe a lot of that had to do with unrealistic expectations in August. There have been some positives to come out of this season, including Stidham's performance against the Niners.

We know it's tame compared to the internet, but in general, please don't use language that require the language filter to block.

This is a smart group. We can communicate better. Thanks.

This is simply not true. It isn't an either/or situation. I was a big Carr supporter and have called him out multiple times. I have said multiple times that I am fine with moving in from him. I even said McDaniels>Carr.

Stidham is the Raiders QB, he has my full support. Let's let him actually have an opportunity to become the QB he will be in the NFL. Maybe he's Kurt Warner, maybe he's Taylor Heinicke or maybe he's Matt Flynn. Let's find out.
You are not a blind carr lover. There are many that put Carr ahead of the raiders.

My post relates to them as raiders. Of course I hope and wish the best for Carr and whoever else once they've moved on.

I know plenty of folks ready to move from Carr.

The obvious question of course becomes, "Who's Next?" It'd be great to get Josh Allen but I'm pretty sure he's staying put.

What are some realistic QBs you'd rather see than Carr?

My post relates to them as raiders. Of course I hope and wish the best for Carr and whoever else once they've moved on.

The obvious question of course becomes, "Who's Next?" It'd be great to get Josh Allen but I'm pretty sure he's staying put.

They were supposedly in the running for Brady a few years back. Still rumored due to the McDaniels connection. Is Brady, if available a better option for 2023?

You are not a blind carr lover. There are many that put Carr ahead of the raiders.
I don't know of anyone in here who is more loyal to Carr than the team. No, not even @Chadstroma

Almost all of them potentially available ATM seem like lateral moves at best.

Garappolo knows the offense, although it's been years since he played in it, and he is a proven winner despite what anyone may want to suggest. But he's highly injury prone and probably doesn't have much ability to put teams on his back and carry them to victory. But he doesn't squander leads, knows how to run the 6/4/2 minute drills and is generally reliable.

#### Tom Brady. Yes he is viable and yes he may be an upgrade over Stidham. For me he's a non-starter. No way, no how, uh-uh. I sincerely may start actively rooting against the Raiders for as long as Tom Brady would be the QB. And I don't think a Super Bowl victory would change my mind. #### Tom Brady! I'm not kidding, I don't think, IMO winning wouldn't cure all of that stain.

After that it's a bunch of nothing burgers. I am not interested in the Taylor Heinicke's or Mike White's of the NFL landscape. If they are going to go the "developmental QB" route, which is code for "We have no QB so let's roll the dice and pray" then stick with Stidham, at least he has the benefit of having been in the system for 3 seasons (4 seasons technically, I guess).

Otherwise, IMO, they should start making bold moves in the draft and go get whichever guy they love this or next season.

I get the feeling they are going to do what Seattle did. Cut ties with the expensive franchise QB and give the back up the reigns for a year and see how he performs. Seems to have worked out ok for the Seahawks.
The difference between the the two scenarios is the Raiders would be lucky to get anything in return for Carr, whereas Seattle fleeced Denver for Wilson.

Users who are viewing this thread