What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread! Current thread batting average: .420 (1 Viewer)

Went to a Great Lakes Loons game tonight and was talking to a guy about parks we've visited. He was a Tigers fan and showed me a picture of him at Fenway with a bunch of Red Sux gear on. When I said I had no interest in going there because the fans are knobs, he accused me of being a Yankees fan. Wat? :mellow:  

Good Posting Judge said:
Lucroy out tonight. He just had a rest day this past Sunday, so..
I think if the Brewers get Zimmer as part of the deal it's a good trade for both. Seems like this thing is dragging on though which always seems to fail. 

And Yelich is on fire, wish he could have gotten one more hit when the bases were loaded to have a slightly more historic type night. 

Batting .400 with a couple long balls the last couple games. He also has 25 2Bs on the season, his high is 30 in each of the last 2 years, seems like a lock to eclipse that number pretty easy. 

E-Z Glider said:
I really like some guy. Hope he's right.  :thumbup:
I had heard Marlins were trying to get this guy, shame if he lands with Dodgers who already seem loaded but perhaps Kershaw going down is forcing their hand. 

Dodgers starting pitching is the opposite of loaded, even with Kershaw. 
Same for Marlins after Fernandez. 

Miami needs one more starting arm in the rotation and perhaps 2. How are Los Angeles and Miami doing this with little at SP?

Miami is only a handful up on RS vs RA...probably less than 10 so they are somehow pulling out close games adn that is not the mark of a good team IMHO, that's simply lucky. 

Dodgers starting pitching is the opposite of loaded, even with Kershaw. 
They have a lot of dudes. If they were 100% healthy, I think they'd have a better overall rotation than SF, which may qualify as a hot take, but after SF's top 2 it gets real dicey, and they don't have much in the way of help in terms of reinforcements. Mejia is a guy that might be close, but this year would be a stretch.

They're probably a wild-card team this year, at best, but that's pretty incredible given the injuries they've been hit with. 

I havent watched much baseball this year due to not playing fantasy baseball, my baby's health problems in May/June, and the Yankees downright sucking/being boring. It got so bad that I watched the AS Game and never even heard of two players (first time since I was a kid). The two players were the Cardinals rookie SS and the kid from the Reds who hit all those HRs. Anyway, I am ready to get back in the game.

I think Im supposed to be rooting for the Yankees to lose for the next week so they can start selling right? Im really hoping they can somehow get Schwarber for Miller or Chapman. Obviously hoping they trade Chapman more. Any other Yankees rumors you guys are hearing? Beltran on the block too I assume. Time to rebuild this boring team.

They have a lot of dudes. If they were 100% healthy, I think they'd have a better overall rotation than SF, which may qualify as a hot take, but after SF's top 2 it gets real dicey, and they don't have much in the way of help in terms of reinforcements. Mejia is a guy that might be close, but this year would be a stretch.

They're probably a wild-card team this year, at best, but that's pretty incredible given the injuries they've been hit with. 
a fully healthy:

Kershaw

Ryu

McCarthy

Maeda

Wood

sure, I'll buy it

Based on highlights, the team was wearing the 83 throwbacks tonight. So either he only cut up his own, or they had a whole bunch ready to go if needed.

Didn't see that

:popcorn:

Between this, the Drake LaRoche ####, his sign stealing paranoia in Detroit and watching him crumble any time something goes wrong with the other 8 guys on the field when he's pitching, I don't see how anyone can look at him and not think vag.

The White Sox announced today they will wear those interesting 1976 navy-blue, collared jerseys worn untucked pajama-style outside their trousers for a throwback game July 23 against the Detroit Tigers.

The game at U.S. Cellular Field honors the 40th anniversary of one of baseball’s, well, most interesting looks. These throwbacks, however, will NOT include the famous shorts that made the White Sox Major League Baseball’s first team to wear shorts on Aug. 8, 1976.  The collared jerseys were worn by the White Sox from 1976-1981. During that span, the shorts were part of the ensemble for three games in 1976.

The first 20,000 fans for the July 23 throwback game will get a similar navy-blue throwback jersey, the White Sox say.
The last sentence explains why Sale was sent home

Didn't see that

:popcorn:

Between this, the Drake LaRoche ####, his sign stealing paranoia in Detroit and watching him crumble any time something goes wrong with the other 8 guys on the field when he's pitching, I don't see how anyone can look at him and not think vag.
I think he's a hero.

But if you want to play up the vag angle, didn't he injure his foot last year unloading groceries from his truck?

I have been driving all day. RotoWire or one of them first said, "scratched due to the flu." 

Then the Tigers radio broadcast said he "was sent home after a locker room incident." 

Thats some crazy Ty Cobb behavior there. :shock:  

I have never in my life seen a player get booed so badly in his home ballpark as Ryan Braun is this weekend with the 30,000 Cubs fans at Miller Park. Holy cow!

Users who are viewing this thread