What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread! Current thread batting average: .420 (2 Viewers)

belljr said:
I feel like I want to do fantasy again but 

a) really don't know that many people anymore

b) dont follow closely enough

c) will lose interest with daily lineup decisions

:unsure:
We started a league that plays separate seasons we call pods.  Each pod is 5 weeks long and there is a payout for the winner in each one.  We have two 6 team divisions.  Each game is one week (Monday to Sunday) with two opportunities to adjust your lineup (Monday before games start & Friday before games start).  You don't have to worry about daily lineup changes.  You play each team in your division one time each pod.  At the conclusion of each pod the top three teams from the bottom division move up and the bottom three teams from the top division move down.  The next pod starts with every team even again.  Playoff seedings are based on number of times in the top division.  The playoffs are the final 5 weeks of the season with the World Series being two weeks long. 

This format really helps keep interest for the entire year because everything starts over after 5 weeks and you have a chance to win the pod and some money. 

I guess we're just awarding runs based on what could have happened now.

So basically the White Sox screw up on the bases, the umpires call it wrong and as a result Chicago is awarded a run.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, because without it, there's no reason for him to turn around
The close catch at the fence means he was already going back to base, you can't treat it like a single up the middle. Everything leading up to the questionable call happened.

I don't get how you can assume a run after that when based on what actually happened on the field - hit or catch at the fence, he likely wasn't.

The close catch at the fence means he was already going back to base, you can't treat it like a single up the middle. Everything leading up to the questionable call happened.

I don't get how you can assume a run after that when based on what actually happened on the field - hit or catch at the fence, he likely wasn't.
Except he wasn't..... that was his baserunning blunder in the first place. He wasn't tagging up

It's Wednesday, I don't drink on Wednesdays but I think you're a ####### butthole 24/7/365.  So there you have it.  :trevorstorycoward:

Honestly feel bad for you, Doc. Not sure what happened in life that you need to act this way towards someone you always had a good iRelationship with, but it's obvious that something did. Go ahead and keep lashing out at me. I'm man enough shoulder being the target of the keyboard courage that you use to compensate for the proverbial groin kick life has given you. Hopefully it keeps you from exhibiting the same behavior towards people IRL

Honestly feel bad for you, Doc. Not sure what happened in life that you need to act this way towards someone you always had a good iRelationship with, but it's obvious that something did. Go ahead and keep lashing out at me. I'm man enough shoulder being the target of the keyboard courage that you use to compensate for the proverbial groin kick life has given you. Hopefully it keeps you from exhibiting the same behavior towards people IRL
:lmao:

Stop trolling me and this will end.  It's on you, not me.  You went from zero to "YOU'RE A DRUNK ABRASIVE ###", and you are giving me some sort of i-protocol speech?

Go #### yourself.  :bye:

Before you insert the all too expected :lmao: in response to my last post, go take a peek at who liked my 'As I was saying post'

If that doesn't tell you want you need to know, then we should probably abandon hope

Before you insert the all too expected :lmao: in response to my last post, go take a peek at who liked my 'As I was saying post'

If that doesn't tell you want you need to know, then we should probably abandon hope
Oops. Someone was a little too quick on the 'all to expected' gun and beat me to it.

He liked my good riddance LD post too, well played.  Who's drunk now?  :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread