What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bryce Brown anything to see here? (1 Viewer)

and just picked up again. Anybody think he will start next week? The alternatives on the Hawks don't seem like they could be that productive in the starting role. Fred Jackson seems like they will use sparingly on 3rd down ... Dujuan was not impressive and has no real experience, nor firmly planted in the starting role.

Seems like even with his fumbling issues and trying to bounce everything to the outside Bryce could make an impact in the next two weeks for FFB playoffs.

and just picked up again. Anybody think he will start next week? The alternatives on the Hawks don't seem like they could be that productive in the starting role. Fred Jackson seems like they will use sparingly on 3rd down ... Dujuan was not impressive and has no real experience, nor firmly planted in the starting role.

Seems like even with his fumbling issues and trying to bounce everything to the outside Bryce could make an impact in the next two weeks for FFB playoffs.
I would be surprised if Brown became the immediate starter. Seattle thought enough of Harris and Jackson to roster them ahead of Brown, and I fully expect that they will get the first crack here. Brown suffers from some of the same deficiencies as CMike -- an inability to comprehend and follow a playbook and ball security issues. Brown is immensely athletic, but unless and until he demonstrates he can master the other nuances of the RB position, he is unlikely to be a factor.

If, on the other hand, Brown demonstrates some mastery of the playbook and the discipline which he has lacked in the past, he represents the best fill-in for the Seahawks at the RB position.

I will be watching with interest.

DuJuan Harris is 5-7, 197.

Bryce Brown is 6-0, 223.

Rawls is 5-10, 217.

Lynch is 5-11, 215.

Fred is 6-1, 215.

Michael is 5-10, 220.

Turbin is 5-10, 222.

One of these things is not like the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
socrates said:
mnmplayer said:

I would be surprised if Brown became the immediate starter. Seattle thought enough of Harris and Jackson to roster them ahead of Brown, and I fully expect that they will get the first crack here. Brown suffers from some of the same deficiencies as CMike -- an inability to comprehend and follow a playbook and ball security issues. Brown is immensely athletic, but unless and until he demonstrates he can master the other nuances of the RB position, he is unlikely to be a factor.

If, on the other hand, Brown demonstrates some mastery of the playbook and the discipline which he has lacked in the past, he represents the best fill-in for the Seahawks at the RB position.

Agree with all that, but the bolded part is my bottom line take on this for now.

socrates said:
mnmplayer said:

Agree with all that, but the bolded part is my bottom line take on this for now.
I'm intrigued with Brown. I think it may be a situation where they rostered Harris and Jackson ahead of Brown because they brought different things to the team. They didn't need 3 RB1 types on the team - not with 53 man rosters. They needed some diversity in skill sets. Now with Rawls out, they need a #1. I have the most blind bid money left and I'm planning on shooting my wad, but when I looked at Harris' measurables (5'7", 197lbs), and his stat line (18 carries for 42yds with a fumble -not good), I cannot help but think that the volume he got was out of necessity. Nothing more.

This is the same Bryce Brown who got off for the Eagles in a similar situation just a few years ago. Dude is 6'/220 and is still only 24.

Ya, color me intrigued. I've got a day to decide, but that's where I'm leaning right now.

I recall the games Brown had with the Eagles a few years back.....he was a monster. I had expected him to make some noise with the Bills, but fell flat.

I agree with the poster above that stated the Hawks will be looking for a #1 runner and it just isn't Harris. He was pedestrian with the Pack and didn't impress last week, despite the opportunity. I look at it this way - Harris is not going to put up strong numbers, regardless of opportunity.....so, I think you either take a chance on Brown or you look elsewhere.

I recall the games Brown had with the Eagles a few years back.....he was a monster. I had expected him to make some noise with the Bills, but fell flat.

I agree with the poster above that stated the Hawks will be looking for a #1 runner and it just isn't Harris. He was pedestrian with the Pack and didn't impress last week, despite the opportunity. I look at it this way - Harris is not going to put up strong numbers, regardless of opportunity.....so, I think you either take a chance on Brown or you look elsewhere.
I realize the necessity part but SEA needs to keep winning and I can't imagine them putting either guy in a high leverage situation. In turn I can't imagine putting either of them in a high leverage fantasy situation (Week 15).

I understand your point; however, they should be leading for most of this game. I wouldn't think they continue to drop Wilson back if they build a sizable lead. If they get into a position where they need to run the clock, they are going to run the ball. I can't imagine them not running the ball 25+ times in this game.

I understand your point; however, they should be leading for most of this game. I wouldn't think they continue to drop Wilson back if they build a sizable lead. If they get into a position where they need to run the clock, they are going to run the ball. I can't imagine them not running the ball 25+ times in this game.
Logically, this would make sense. However, this is contrary to both the Minnesota (38-7) and Baltimore games (35-6). Seattle went up early in both, built a good lead, and still let Wilson continue to pass.

Logically, this would make sense. However, this is contrary to both the Minnesota (38-7) and Baltimore games (35-6). Seattle went up early in both, built a good lead, and still let Wilson continue to pass.
I know that Wilson threw the ball alot in those games - but they had 36 rushing attempts in each of those games as well.

I know that Wilson threw the ball alot in those games - but they had 36 rushing attempts in each of those games as well.
Yeah. Rawls had 19 against Minny and Rawls/Harris accounted for 24 against Balt.

It might be worth remembering that when Lynch was first getting tested for his abdominal strain it was Brown they signed for depth.
It is also worth remembering they cut him instead of Harris.
Ya, because they didn't need three RB1 type backs. Harris provided a unique skill set. His stat line was pretty bad. 18 carries for 42yds and a fumble. He's 5'7".
What exactly is is unique skill set? Serious question.

It might be worth remembering that when Lynch was first getting tested for his abdominal strain it was Brown they signed for depth.
It is also worth remembering they cut him instead of Harris.
Ya, because they didn't need three RB1 type backs. Harris provided a unique skill set. His stat line was pretty bad. 18 carries for 42yds and a fumble. He's 5'7".
What exactly is is unique skill set? Serious question.
Unique relative to the other backs on the roster. Probably shiftier, possibly could return kicks, possibly could line him up out wide. I don't know. Every player brings their own unique skill set to a team. All I'm saying is that I don't believe they rostered him over Brown thinking he'd be an RB1, but rather that he could do other things, one of which may have been to fill in if Rawls went down. I seriously doubt he's "the guy"'.Edited to add: Just saw he was cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
So SEA waived Harris and it's officially the Bryce Brown show. Our FAAB got a re-up in the playoffs in both my leagues and I will obviously be dropping my entire budget on either Brown or Shoelaces after losing Rawls (in both leagues). I'm still not sure which route I'm going to take but Brown vs. CLE is very enticing.

Denard is the better play - he's had success (just last week) and knows the system. But I'm looking to add Brown too.

So SEA waived Harris and it's officially the Bryce Brown show. Our FAAB got a re-up in the playoffs in both my leagues and I will obviously be dropping my entire budget on either Brown or Shoelaces after losing Rawls (in both leagues). I'm still not sure which route I'm going to take but Brown vs. CLE is very enticing.
I have the same exact decision and I'm going shoelace without question. Just gotta hope yeldon is out hopefully two weeks. No way I would ever trust playing brown.

Or Bolden (Blount is done for the year).

btemp said:
Denard is the better play - he's had success (just last week) and knows the system. But I'm looking to add Brown too.
he is also the riskier play since we don't really know yeldons status for this week.

VandyMan said:
SameSongNDance said:
Or Bolden (Blount is done for the year).
And BB may just have Brady chuck it all over the place.

Yeah this is an interesting situation. JAC did sign Gray off of MIA's PS so that clearly gives me a bit more confidence in Shoelaces getting the nod but I also remember Yeldon being a surprise active at least once this year after I thought he was almost a sure bet to sit.

I'm going to have to agree with the consensus here, even with slightly limited info Shoelaces > Brown > Bolden. Sorry for turning this into a week 15 WW thread but it's crunch time haha.

Yeah this is an interesting situation. JAC did sign Gray off of MIA's PS so that clearly gives me a bit more confidence in Shoelaces getting the nod but I also remember Yeldon being a surprise active at least once this year after I thought he was almost a sure bet to sit.

I'm going to have to agree with the consensus here, even with slightly limited info Shoelaces > Brown > Bolden. Sorry for turning this into a week 15 WW thread but it's crunch time haha.
It is crunch time and the order of these three does matter. I had them Shoelaces > Bolden > Brown, but Brown could leapfrog up to the front too?

It is crunch time and the order of these three does matter. I had them Shoelaces > Bolden > Brown, but Brown could leapfrog up to the front too?
Factor in the NE signing of Montee Ball to their practice squad for futher tuteluge in the Belichick system. Brady quick throws learning quick blocking techniques,

Curious on those ranking Bolden ahead of Brown.

Thinking Jackson gets work?

Id thin Sea back will be more consistent with carries than someone in NE

btemp said:
he is also the riskier play since we don't really know yeldons status for this week.
right now we dont. I'm pretty sure well know by Sunday
My point is I have to make a claim for one of them whether its blind bidding money or waiver request. Would you place robinson over brown? Not sure I could do that with yeldons status

btemp said:
right now we dont. I'm pretty sure well know by Sunday
My point is I have to make a claim for one of them whether its blind bidding money or waiver request. Would you place robinson over brown? Not sure I could do that with yeldons status
But we also don't know if Brown will see any significan time. He may be the 3rd RB and not get a snap. We know Yeldon is doubtful for Sunday, and word is it could be a 2-3 week injury. The uncertainty surrounding Yeldon's injury is preferable to Brown's situation at this time.

What would make you think that Brown won't get a snap? They certainly aren't going to give Fred Jackson the rock 20 times...if they had any inclination to do so, he would have gotten more looks last week. I think the fact that they released Harris can mean only one thing, Bryce will get carries this weekend. I am sure FJax will see an uptick in workload, but against the Browns, I would think Bryce Brown is a lock for 20 carries...unless ball security becomes an issue (which is quite possible)

I'm not worried about FJax. Whether Derrick Coleman might get some, maybe 10, carries is my only concern. Coleman should be the third string though, right? Hope Coleman isn't used like Tolbert.

Users who are viewing this thread