What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Markus Wheaton - Underrated? (1 Viewer)

Debating between Wheaton or Aghollor. Both games have major shoutout potential. NE lost Reevis and browner in secondary right?

Debating between Wheaton or Aghollor. Both games have major shoutout potential. NE lost Reevis and browner in secondary right?
Agholor's role in Week One is uncertain. You know Wheaton is locked in as the #2 in Pitt.

The Eagles (probably) score more points, but who gets them??

Won't start him unless one of Dez, A.J.G. or Evans is injured. Evans has been out and didn't practice today though. Have to wait and see how he is later in the week.

Likely starting him Thurs if he's still on my roster but I'm not sold on him even during Bryant's suspension. I'm hoping he plays well in primetime and I can deal him to somebody for RB depth.

Most telling fact about Wheaton's future is the quote from head coach Tomlin: "Martavis has problems bigger than football".

Bryant had to fail 4 tests to get suspended. Big red flag. Could be another Josh Gordon. Which opens a HUGE door for Wheaton.

Most telling fact about Wheaton's future is the quote from head coach Tomlin: "Martavis has problems bigger than football".

Bryant had to fail 4 tests to get suspended. Big red flag. Could be another Josh Gordon. Which opens a HUGE door for Wheaton.
In terms of targets, yes, but Wheaton plays the slot and so his PT was guaranteed anyway. DHB and Sammy Coates will be filling in for Bryant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Debating whether or not to pick up Wheaton... but I'd have to drop Brandon Coleman.

Hard to pull the trigger. I'm also a Martavis owner.

Likely starting him Thurs if he's still on my roster but I'm not sold on him even during Bryant's suspension. I'm hoping he plays well in primetime and I can deal him to somebody for RB depth.
No even a single target tonight.

I really am going to think long and hard about cutting him.

I'm in a situation tonight where I'm not able to focus on the game as I'd like to. For those of you watching closely, is Wheaton having any trouble getting separation, or is Ben just not finding him?

That's one late round flier I can safely drop. DHB and Miller are getting more targets.

Still have Kenny Still and Tyler Lockett on deck.

He scored 7.5 in standard leagues, but that wasn't very impressive. He didn't seem open much and Ben was not looking his way with any confidence. If there's no garbage time or desperation stuff, there's not a whole lot there. Bryant looks like twice the receiver, but who knows if Bryant gets back on the field or has another incident.

I'm in a situation tonight where I'm not able to focus on the game as I'd like to. For those of you watching closely, is Wheaton having any trouble getting separation, or is Ben just not finding him?
It looked like there was trouble separating off of the line, but then I can't see once he's off camera, you know? It's not like they're running short routes.

Drop. This is actually good. Getting the next future star off of waivers depends on having a player you have no problem dropping in the first two weeks.

If he couldn't get 15 plus in ppr tonight, that is a bad sign.

I don't see the panic. FIrst half, yes. But he did start getting targets later on. Some more attention on Brown (may not matter) and Heath may be coming. I think he just needs to catch is stride. Will he be a beast? No. But I don't see him droppable in 12 teamers.

I don't see the panic. FIrst half, yes. But he did start getting targets later on. Some more attention on Brown (may not matter) and Heath may be coming. I think he just needs to catch is stride. Will he be a beast? No. But I don't see him droppable in 12 teamers.
Unforgivable mistake on the TD throw and a blatant drop in the 4th. Looks the same as last year. Just not very good. Didn't do much to gain Ben's trust.

Unforgivable mistake on the TD throw and a blatant drop in the 4th. Looks the same as last year. Just not very good. Didn't do much to gain Ben's trust.
And once Bryant comes back, he'll be fantasy irrelevant

^^^What was the mistake on the TD throw?
Not keeping his toes in bounds. My lord he's a pro. You think Brown would have made that mistake?
Whoops or was that Bey?
oof
Ok and I was the only one drinking during the game?
lol well I can confirm that you were most definitely not the only one drinking during that game.

So disappointing. He had at least nice 3 hits down the middle and dropped every one of them.

The look Ben gave him on that last one was priceless. It was like "Dude, really?"

Users who are viewing this thread