What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Bijan Robinson, ATL (1 Viewer)

Texas sophomore RB Bijan Robinson has stated he will return for the 2022 season with Texas amongst rumors of a transfer or sit out. 

Robinson (6'0"/215) was having an incredible season before his season-ending injury, accruing 1127 rushing yards on an incredible 5.8 yards per carry, along with 15 total touchdowns. One of the nation's best backs, it was understandable for rumors to swirl of a transfer, or for Robinson to simply sit out and prepare for the NFL Draft in 2022 as Texas' program falls apart around him. Speaking to the media on Monday, Robinson did his best to put those fears to bed, saying "I know there’s so many rumors saying I’m going to leave, or transfer, or sit out, but I’m going to stay. I know this is God’s plan for me, and I know there’s big things that happened. I just have to stick to that plan, and I can’t let anything come in between it.” It's a huge boon for Texas for their star running back to continue to place faith in the program. Robinson credits the camaraderie in the locker room and a belief in the plan head coach Steve Sarkisian has in place. Whatever the reason, it seems clear Robinson will play for the Longhorns in 2022. 

SOURCE: Joe Cook on Inside Texas

Nov 22, 2021, 5:34 PM ET

Texas sophomore RB Bijan Robinson was named first-team All Big-12 by the leagues coaches.

Robinson (6'0/215) was the catalyst for the Longhorns offense all season and his efforts are being rewarded. Before dislocating his elbow against Kansas, Robinson was a dominant force, amassing 1,127 yards and 11 touchdowns on the season, building off of his very impressive freshman season. While he wasn't a finalist for the Doak Walker Award this year, he should be a leading candidate for it in 2022.

SOURCE: Brian Davis

Dec 2, 2021, 8:14 PM ET

A number of the mocks @Faust posted in the 23 class thread have him mocked to the Phins. Weird fit imo if that’s a us’em like Kleenex shanny wide zone scheme. 

A number of the mocks @Faust posted in the 23 class thread have him mocked to the Phins. Weird fit imo if that’s a us’em like Kleenex shanny wide zone scheme. 
Yeah I agree. Though we've seen it work really well with super talented backs behind it: Davis and Portis come to mind though neither lasted long in the offense. 

In hindsight, yes.
In hindsight maybe. But I don’t recall there ever being a better prospect than Saquon. He had it all as far as skill, athleticism, and college production. To get selected 2nd overall at the RB position is unprecedented and frankly I don’t it ever happens again. 

I do think Bijan has a chance to be nearly as good a prospect, though. He’s special. I expect him to be a top-15 pick at worst next draft. 

Playing Alabama Saturday with a chance to show the nation his skill set. Best RB prospect since Saquon, and a better receiver than him.

Texas junior RB Bijan Robinson rushed 21 times for 57 yards and one touchdown, adding three receptions for 73 yards in Saturday's 20-19 loss to Alabama.​

Robinson's longest play of the day came on a 42-yard pass after he got behind the defense for the big gain. On the ground, Robinson never went for more than 18 yards on a single carry but managed to punch in a one-yard score in the second quarter to tie the game at 10-10 at halftime. Through two games, Robinson has amassed 241 yards from scrimmage and found the end zone three times. Against a stout Alabama defense, his performance was about all you could ask for in what amounted to a defensive battle for most of the day. Now 1-1 on the season, Texas will play host to UTSA next week.
Sep 10, 2022, 4:37 PM ET

He's good, but I wouldn't compare him to Saquon, who was like the Pokemon evolution of Marshawn Lynch. That's rare company. Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson, Trent Richardson, and Saquon are probably the best RB prospects I've seen. Tomlinson might have been up there as well, but I was just getting heavy into FF when he was at TCU. That's the list of slam dunk guys for me.

I can see scenarios where Robinson doesn't end up RB1 in his draft. I really like Tucker from Syracuse. He reminds me of DeAngelo Williams.

He's good, but I wouldn't compare him to Saquon, who was like the Pokemon evolution of Marshawn Lynch. That's rare company. Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson, Trent Richardson, and Saquon are probably the best RB prospects I've seen. Tomlinson might have been up there as well, but I was just getting heavy into FF when he was at TCU. That's the list of slam dunk guys for me.

I can see scenarios where Robinson doesn't end up RB1 in his draft. I really like Tucker from Syracuse. He reminds me of DeAngelo Williams.
Uh……no. Not exactly who I would want him to be In fantasy.

Healthy ankles are so overrated.

The four guys I mentioned were strong 1.01s in their respective rookie drafts (some people might have taken Calvin over Peterson, but that was an exceptional circumstance). Only a fraction of super hyped prospects become the best version of who we think they can be in the NFL. When you talk about what they looked like as prospects, you have to try to take the hindsight bias out of the equation. I'm just talking about those guys as NCAA prospects, not who they became in the NFL. It's two different, but related things. Not all great prospects become great pros.

I like Robinson, but I don't put him on that level as a prospect. I don't see top 10 overall pick ability. It's hard for a back to go that high, particularly these days. You almost need to have some type of superlative elite physical trait. He doesn't appear to have the speed of Peterson or Bush (or Barkley), and he's not the physical specimen that Barkley and Richardson were. His versatility is good, but he's not McCaffrey as a receiving weapon. He looks like a more agile, but slower version of Etienne. Mid-late 1st seems more likely to me at this juncture than top 10 overall for him. We'll see.

Just keeps chugging along, hands down bonafide star in the making. 29/179/2

Didn’t catch a pass today, but he’s clearly capable.

Gonna probably take him 1.01 in SF. Helps that I have the top 3 picks, but imma make it a symbolic pick. :wub:

Probability that he stays with the Longhorns for 2023. Like if you actually had to set the odds and people were allowed to make yes/no bets according to your odds. Where would you set it.

Probability that he stays with the Longhorns for 2023. Like if you actually had to set the odds and people were allowed to make yes/no bets according to your odds. Where would you set it.
Longhorn 2023- +1500
NFL- -2000
Yeah hopefully it's at least that much of a longshot. I've got the 1.01 and I saw something where RGIII was chiming in to say he should demand money and Texas should pay him millions if they knew what was best for them. Though I didn't think the "NIL" thing was supposed to work that way.

0.00000001%

He’s in a rare position that as a RB he could be a top 12 NFL pick.

Again, not common these days. Plus endorsements, plus playing for an NFL team, which he’s been gearing up for his entire life.

Or he could stay in college & risk injury, derailing what’s certain to be a solid payday/opportunity?

Doubt it.

I’m pissed off that two teams who’s picks I don’t have are gunning for him. Thought I had 3/4 of the terrible picks locked in.

Turns out I’ve been too successful with my waiver fun🤣. Team I traded Russ to is having a ruff year. It’s a little irritating that I couldn’t force him to take McKinnon for a 4th just so he had an rb to run out

unanimous 1.01 regardless of format
From a talent standpoint, yes. Not ready to make that proclamation until I see the landing spot. There is not a clear destination that offers a quality supporting cast and immediate pathway to a bell-cow role.

I still think that is a conversation in SuperFlex. Next 2 rookie drafts coming through have a couple of QBs and no depth behind them at all as it stands, so there is going to be a new talent dearth at that position for a while.

I still think that is a conversation in SuperFlex. Next 2 rookie drafts coming through have a couple of QBs and no depth behind them at all as it stands, so there is going to be a new talent dearth at that position for a while.
Even in SF he's 1.01 IMO. I think it would be a mistake to take anyone else.
Agreed. You bet on talent. I don’t even care what team he goes to. He’s a tier above everyone else in this draft, IMO.

Everyone else has warts. There’s no shame in bijan’s game

Agreed...would be tough to pass on Robinson but if you believe Young can be at that Allen/Mahomes/Burrow (and I am not saying he is right now) and you are hurting at QB (and that really is the key) you have to think long and hard about it...a high-end young QB is an incredibly valuable asset in SF and there is a very good chance his career will be far longer than that of a RB.

Users who are viewing this thread