What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Bijan Robinson, ATL (1 Viewer)

The only thing I can say for sure is that Bijan is bigger which again is the same thing to me as saying more powerful.
Sometimes the speed guys run into things - Gibbs seems to have better vision than most, but patience as a runner is also one of Bijan’s strengths. It’s an underrated ability.

The downside of it is sometimes patience results in missing the gap. I believe he’s been criticized for dancing behind the line a bit as one of his few weaknesses, so it’s a blessing & a curse.

I hope they’re both stars in the NFL - I love Gibbs too, so please don’t take my observations here as trashing the dude.

I don't think that would have much impact on Bijan going 1.1 because most dynasty owners know that speed matters more to the NFL then us.

Ooh, I don't know. I'm still a sucker for speed. And I don't mean just straight-line speed, but speed and balance through cuts and such. Speed gets you drafted higher, which gets you on the field more, which gives you volume, which leads to fantasy points.

Speed is baked into the draft cake. Speed finds its way onto the field. Lack of speed causes coaches to draft guys with speed even if you've been perfectly acceptable or even good (James Robinson, looking at you).

Agree with most of your sentiment but not necessarily the bolded.

We of course all prefer speed but a lot of people will jump up players stock if they get drafted high. And for good reason because that shows a commitment to the player and with that commitment we generally expect bigger volume, we become more secure in them having a role so it does matter. But some players just don't have the body type for heavy volume and even the teams picking them high would agree and never had a plan to use them heavily. So in those cases the commitment to them via high draft capital still does not often translate to the volume we are seeking. I am quite big on Gibbs for instance but even if he actually got drafted over Bijan I would not actually think he's going to get more total volume.

I don't think that would have much impact on Bijan going 1.1 because most dynasty owners know that speed matters more to the NFL then us.

Ooh, I don't know. I'm still a sucker for speed. And I don't mean just straight-line speed, but speed and balance through cuts and such. Speed gets you drafted higher, which gets you on the field more, which gives you volume, which leads to fantasy points.

Speed is baked into the draft cake. Speed finds its way onto the field. Lack of speed causes coaches to draft guys with speed even if you've been perfectly acceptable or even good (James Robinson, looking at you).

Agree with most of your sentiment but not necessarily the bolded.

We of course all prefer speed but a lot of people will jump up players stock if they get drafted high. And for good reason because that shows a commitment to the player and with that commitment we generally expect bigger volume, we become more secure in them having a role so it does matter. But some players just don't have the body type for heavy volume and even the teams picking them high would agree and never had a plan to use them heavily. So in those cases the commitment to them via high draft capital still does not often translate to the volume we are seeking. I am quite big on Gibbs for instance but even if he actually got drafted over Bijan I would not actually think he's going to get more total volume.

Absolutely. I meant in comparison to a slower player of similar stature. I should have made that clearer. Like I don't expect a second-rounder like James Cook to ever get the volume of some of the heavier backs like second-round picks Hall and Walker, or even a lower draft capital guy like Allgeier, so one might expect the same from Achane and Gibbs. I see what you're getting at. I'm also looking at their weight when predicting volume. Just all other things constant...

I don't think Gibbs runs 4.32. He is fast but never struck me as quite that blazing. I was thinking more 4.39-4.44 depending on how he is managing his weight for the combine.

I don't think Gibbs runs 4.32. He is fast but never struck me as quite that blazing. I was thinking more 4.39-4.44 depending on how he is managing his weight for the combine.
That’s still probably going to be fast enough to vault him into the ‘23 RB1 conversation - especially if he has a landing spot/draft capital comparable to or better than Robinson.

4.32 is what he says he last ran but I tend to agree they never come in quite as fast as most of them predict. But he looks like a blazer to me and I think he'll get under 4.4.

4.32 is what he says he last ran but I tend to agree they never come in quite as fast as most of them predict. But he looks like a blazer to me and I think he'll get under 4.4.
I feel like he's a little ETN in that his burst is incredible but maybe not the top end speed the true 4.3 guys. Also, like ETN, he will need to decide if he wants to come in light at the combine and put up the fastest possible time or pack on extra bulk for the weigh-in and losing a little on the clock. ETN chose the later route and was rewarded for it. It's what I would do as well, teams know you are fast. They have a ton of tape and probably mph data. He doesn't need to prove his speed, he might need to prove he is built for the pro game.

"well damn there he goes"
Something I said many times this past season watching him.

Special talent probably is some bad team's whole offense in the NFL.

If he goes to a mid to late pick team, he's 1.1 in dynasty unless you're onto one of the top QBs.

Lot of overthinking in this thread. He's a gem, just roll with him

I'm sitting at 1.02 in a superflex draft and the owner of 1.01 only has Geno as his QB starter next year. So I'm assuming he'll go QB1 for his pick. I'm just salivating at adding Bijan to my team in a few months. Sal. I. Vat. Ing.

I'm sitting at 1.02 in a superflex draft and the owner of 1.01 only has Geno as his QB starter next year. So I'm assuming he'll go QB1 for his pick. I'm just salivating at adding Bijan to my team in a few months. Sal. I. Vat. Ing.
May want to chip in a 3.2 for a small move up. It could haunt you years from now not securing the 1.1.....or allowing another team to move ahead of u.

May want to chip in a 3.2 for a small move up. It could haunt you years from now not securing the 1.1.....or allowing another team to move ahead of u.
He’d probably have to offer something more than a 3rd rounder to get that done. Otherwise, I’d imagine the guy sitting at 1.03 would cobble up something much more enticing to move up two spots. The guy who currently is at 1.01 knows he’s still getting one of the top two QB’s at 1.03.

A third rounder would be laughable in my leagues. Even a second wouldn’t be enough. That tier gap is big.

Maybe not in superflex. Maybe it does it take more than a 3.2 in a supposed stacked rookie class. Maybe the 3.2 is appealing. I just think it'd be prudent to at least explore what it may take, and sure....it may very well command more.

Similar dilemma for me, In a superflex, sitting at 1.3, and do not need qb. If Bijan somehow drops....I will snag him, if qb is there, I will try and trade back to a qb needy squad.

Well guys, it's happening. Just saw a hot take YouTube video telling people why they *shouldn't* take Bijan with 1.01 in any format.

It was bound to happen.

It's not as bad as it sounds - they made good points about rebuilding teams maybe needing more than a generational talent RB, and that it's a big gamble that the asset would appreciate due to the volatility of the position.

I agree with this in part. But I also recognize that it's a blanket statement, 1-size fits all. Not every rebuild is in the same position. Personally I am going to rebuild around Bijan. Having an elite RB isn't a bad thing to build around if you have many picks, and a few good players already.

Maybe not in superflex. Maybe it does it take more than a 3.2 in a supposed stacked rookie class. Maybe the 3.2 is appealing. I just think it'd be prudent to at least explore what it may take, and sure....it may very well command more.
it's more than supposedly. This is a stacked rookie class. RB, TE, QB - it's just not as top heavy deep at WR in a world where everyone is WR-obsessed. But it's still a very good WR class, if not a deep one. And the more I look at it, the deeper it feels, pending landing spots.

But in any format I still have Bijan as the 1.01, SF or 1-QB. I see no holes in his game, and the most pervasive commentary is that only an already established team (KC, PHI, MIA, BUF) will be able to afford to bring in a RB, which makes his potential even greater.

Imagine Bijan as the centerpiece of the BUF offense. It's a scary thought. The power run game has been a need for a while. I'd love to see it. But he's also likely landing spot-proof.

it's more than supposedly. This is a stacked rookie class. RB, TE, QB - it's just not as top heavy deep at WR in a world where everyone is WR-obsessed. But it's still a very good WR class, if not a deep one. And the more I look at it, the deeper it feels, pending landing spots.

But in any format I still have Bijan as the 1.01, SF or 1-QB. I see no holes in his game, and the most pervasive commentary is that only an already established team (KC, PHI, MIA, BUF) will be able to afford to bring in a RB, which makes his potential even greater.

Imagine Bijan as the centerpiece of the BUF offense. It's a scary thought. The power run game has been a need for a while. I'd love to see it. But he's also likely landing spot-proof.
Well, exactly. Stacked class, the other owner may find the 3.2 extremely appealing . At least find out. Kind of proved my point above.

Similar dilemma for me, In a superflex, sitting at 1.3, and do not need qb. If Bijan somehow drops....I will snag him, if qb is there, I will try and trade back to a qb needy squad.
I very much doubt Bijan drops to 1.03 in any format.

I doubt he drops to 1.02, frankly. If 1.01 or 1.02 do not want Bijan, there should be more than enough teams willing to pay handsomely for the luxury of taking him. Sitting 1 or 2 & picking anyone else is leaving a heap of trade value on the table.

Seems foolish at best.

Well, exactly. Stacked class, the other owner may find the 3.2 extremely appealing . At least find out. Kind of proved my point above.
But that 3.02 just isn't going to get it done no matter how stacked the class is. "Stacked" means solid 1st round, well into the 2nd. Sure, there will be some nice players in the 3rd, but the value of the picks drops off substantially, especially when talking about moving up to 1.01

And honestly it doesn't matter if team 1.01 is targeting a QB. That doesn't change the value of the 1.01 or make them take anything less than fair value for it. It actually does nothing to prove your point.

It's going to take at least another 1st, and possibly more. I cannot imagine sitting 1.01 and only taking a 3.2 to move down and let someone have one of the most hyped RBs in the last decade.

No way that gets it done, IMO. And if it does, team 1.01 isn't too bright.

Offered Dameon Pierce, the 1.10 & DJP for 1.01. No go.
That wouldn’t get it done for me either.

Wait, who’s DJP? Did you mean DPJ?
:oldunsure:

Just thinking out loud here, but I’d probably need a mid-tier QB, and 2 1sts. Which is tough because I hold 6, including the top 4. So I’d want a 2023 5-7 and a ‘24 1st. Plus a viable SF QB, which is also tough because people don’t want to part with them.

And that still might not be enough if Bijan is a Bill or an Eagle, because the hype is going to be off the charts - and rightly so. His value could take a huge jump in that situstion.

Now; if someone offered me a Burrow, Hurts, or Allen. I would have to strongly consider it, depending what else I’d have to give up. But I doubt anyone would.

Last edited:
Saw a few people who sounded big on ETN in his thread. Looked at Dan Hindery's trade chart. Offered ETN and 1.11 for 1.1 which according to his chart had me losing by basic equivalent of a mid second. Saying that I did not expect an accept but thought is was plausible enough to offer. It was rejected.

Saw a few people who sounded big on ETN in his thread. Looked at Dan Hindery's trade chart. Offered ETN and 1.11 for 1.1 which according to his chart had me losing by basic equivalent of a mid second. Saying that I did not expect an accept but thought is was plausible enough to offer. It was rejected.
Having ETN, and being high on him, imma agree that I’d reject that too if I didn’t already have ETN. 1.11 is just too far to fall from such a valuable player. Or at least the perceived value of Bijan / 1.01.

It’s not a bad opening salvo. Trade calcs have it leaning ETN side. Might be that Etienne in particular is more volatile of an asset compared to what’s expected to be a day one, minute one 20+ touch player. Not saying he will be, but “the best prospect since Saquan” and “generational talent” descriptions tends to build some hype.

ETN coul get there - whatever “there” is (top 12? Top 8?), so the on-paper value stands, but Bijan is at least for now, on paper, a true blue chip NFL prospect. one that could rise with a monster combine, higher than expected draft capital, or ideal landing spot. Or some combo.

IMO if people want the 1.01 this year they’re gonna have to overpay. By a lot.

That wouldn’t get it done for me either.

Wait, who’s DJP? Did you mean DPJ?
:oldunsure:

Just thinking out loud here, but I’d probably need a mid-tier QB, and 2 1sts. Which is tough because I hold 6, including the top 4. So I’d want a 2023 5-7 and a ‘24 1st. Plus a viable SF QB, which is also tough because people don’t want to part with them.

And that still might not be enough if Bijan is a Bill or an Eagle, because the hype is going to be off the charts - and rightly so. His value could take a huge jump in that situstion.

Now; if someone offered me a Burrow, Hurts, or Allen. I would have to strongly consider it, depending what else I’d have to give up. But I doubt anyone would.

I’ve got the 1.01 and I’m deepish at RB - Etienne/Dobbins/Akers/Algieier/Pacheco/Penny and a few others. I’ll take Bijan if I need to but only have …

Hurts and Geno at QB backed up by a collection of the likes Dalton/Brissett/Stidham

I’m planning on first offering out the 1.01 for the likes of Herbert/Burrows/Lawrence and seeing what it would take on top to get one of them. After that, there’s an owner that has Desaun and Fields. Try the 1.01 straight up there for either.

Failing that try and see what the 1.01 can do for a very top WR as I don’t have one of them.

If none of that comes to anything the guy who has 1.02 has a decent collection of RBs and NOTHING at QB. I’m gonna try to move down to 1.02 for his ‘24 1st ( and maybe something else on top ) because I’m 99% sure I’ll be able to take Bijan there AND end up with a high ‘24 1st because his team is trash. Might get lucky and it could yield Williams or Maye.

That’s all a bit me centric but might help to give insight into the value of the pick/player overall

Man, it's a good year to have the 1.01 in 1QB leagues. Just begins and ends there, really.

I'm used to picking out of the 1.01 due to trade ups, but this one ain't gonna happen. Too much hype on this kid.

Be interesting to see his combine numbers. I mean, if anything, that's one of the reasons to watch the combine this year. Is he Barkley or Hall? I wouldn't bet against him, hard as those two are to catch in terms of combine performance. And both those guys already had ACL tears.

Which leads me to this -- is he RB1 based on market value alone? Right now, he sits behind Hall and Taylor on most trade charts, but the way you guys are talking...

Breece Hall is ahead of Bijan in rankings?? Weird

I don't think they've ranked Bijan yet at the sites I'm checking. Breece is RB1 at KeepTradeCut and FBGs Trade Value Chart. FBG consensus rankings has Taylor 1st. There is no Bijan in those rankings.

Let me check the Trade Value Chart to see what Bijan would be.

The 1.01 is worth 40 in 1QB. Breece Hall is 40. Hindery says they should be ranked similarly. Keeptradecut has Breece at 7,990, 1.01 at 7,937.

Currently hold the 1.01 and several other 1st & 2nds in my rebuild. So far I have no real consideration for trading out of the spot. 12 Team 1 QB PPR
The only offer that even had me look at it for more than a microsecond was the 1.02, 2.02 & 2024 1st.
But since I have 8 of the top 20 picks this year and 6 next, it did not offer me anything I don't already have.
I "considered" asking for NOS C Olave with the 1.02 & 2024 1st, but did not want to get into a drawn out negotiation.

In a 1qb league, if the 1.01 is 3-4 starters away from contention, I think there’s a strong case to be made for a team that’s closer and has stockpiled assets to at least keep the rest of the league honest and make sure there’s a few bids. Trade value doesn’t exist in a vacuum. I’d even argue that taking Bijan in that scenario isn’t really optimizing your ability to use current value to maximize odds of getting into the top 4-5.

I have 1.02/1.04/1.06 and players such as Lamar, Herbert, mixon, James cook, DK and Kittle to piece together a deal for that pick and have been sending various offers including different combos of these assets and so far haven’t hit on the right combo to get an acceptance. The guy is weak at every position (hence why he earned pick 1.01) so I, assuming we might be able to get a deal done using picks and players but maybe not as I haven’t hit on the right combo yet.

From Hot Sauce Guy (because I cannot figure out the quoting):

Well guys, it's happening. Just saw a hot take YouTube video telling people why they *shouldn't* take Bijan with 1.01 in any format.

It was bound to happen.

It's not as bad as it sounds - they made good points about rebuilding teams maybe needing more than a generational talent RB, and that it's a big gamble that the asset would appreciate due to the volatility of the position.

I agree with this in part. But I also recognize that it's a blanket statement, 1-size fits all. Not every rebuild is in the same position. Personally I am going to rebuild around Bijan. Having an elite RB isn't a bad thing to build around if you have many picks, and a few good players already.

I do not agree with the bolded section in this case because I figure Bijan drops to late in the first round to a team that is NOT rebuilding. If he goes to the Bills or Eagles or even the Lions (with their excellent O-line) or something like that, he would be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread