What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Bryant and David Dodds. Your customers are seeking info in multiple threads (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey

Footballguy
Many customers, myself included, have been trying to get Joe and David's attention in multiple threads to get some more info on what the upcoming year will look like for a FBG subscription. Questions about dynasty coverage, myFBG, dominator apps, etc. 

I have been with you for over a decade, as have many others asking for some kind of clarity on the upcoming year, and I gotta say, the radio silence is not winning you guys any return customers. 

Please reply here or in one of the other 3 or 4 threads that have tagged you over the past season and give us some clarity. 

Thanks. 

Signed,

Paying Customer

Last edited by a moderator:
I like FBG, but if you're interested in dynasty it just doesn't make sense to spend the money at FBG instead of one of the dynasty focused sites.  Those guys update their dynasty rankings more often in a week than FBG does in a year, and put out more dynasty content in that time period as well.

It seems like FBG as pretty well accepted that they just won't compete in that niche and thrown in the towel.

I like FBG, but if you're interested in dynasty it just doesn't make sense to spend the money at FBG instead of one of the dynasty focused sites.  Those guys update their dynasty rankings more often in a week than FBG does in a year, and put out more dynasty content in that time period as well.

It seems like FBG as pretty well accepted that they just won't compete in that niche and thrown in the towel.
Can't we all just agree we're here for the forums and pay for the contests.  Anything else is gravy. 

I'll save Dodds the time...

"No one is forcing you to subscribe. If you aren't happy with the lack of answers on certain features, don't subscribe."

Actually, mostly the MyFBG tool, which was a disaster this last year. 
Exactly. And I need to know if that will be improved over last year's attempt at an "upgrade", and on what schedule. 

Sure, I dig dynasty but I'm mostly here for the MyFBG feature "10 second weekly primer" that really helps me be in more than 2 leagues and retain a life. 

Soooo, what is the best site to get good dynasty articles and updated rankings like we used to get on FBG?

Actually, mostly the MyFBG tool, which was a disaster this last year. 
This is a serious question because I've never used the MyFBG tool even when subscribing. What should the tool do, and what didn't it do last season that you expected it to do?

These days I mostly just play draft-and-go and sit back during the season and enjoy watching football games so it's probably not a tool I would use but I am still curious what makes it so valuable.

This is a serious question because I've never used the MyFBG tool even when subscribing. What should the tool do, and what didn't it do last season that you expected it to do?

These days I mostly just play draft-and-go and sit back during the season and enjoy watching football games so it's probably not a tool I would use but I am still curious what makes it so valuable.
The MyFBG tool syncs to your leagues and provides a one stop shop to manage all your fantasy leagues. It shows you what FAs are available in your league compared to where they are ranked, gives you a quick look at lineup suggestions for the week, provides rankings based on your league scoring, etc. It's insanely useful when everything works well. Last year however, there was constant issues with being able to sync leagues, bad stat info being shown, and generally just not working well.

MyFBG and the VBD Excel app are the only reasons I subscribe. If MyFBGs is not going to work right again this year, I'm out.

The interesting thing is that you couldn't get the staff to update the dynasty rankings all season but in the first week that subscriptions ran out and were up for renewal there were 4 or 5 guys throwing up new dynasty rankings. It was an obvious sign to get members to renew.

The interesting thing is that you couldn't get the staff to update the dynasty rankings all season but in the first week that subscriptions ran out and were up for renewal there were 4 or 5 guys throwing up new dynasty rankings. It was an obvious sign to get members to renew.
Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Careful. Don't go too far or you are looking at a lifetime forum ban.
That's actually not too far from a direct quote from Dodds on a previous issue that we actually were able to get him to respond in. One of those, "funny because it's true" sort of deals

The exact quote: 

We get it. You are disappointed despite us doing the same amount of work for season long as before. No one is forcing you to subscribe.

Jokes aside, everyone should look at the content and figure if it's worth it for them. Some people subscribe for the contests. Some for MyFBG, content, DD, etc. The coverage is nice at times but many here, myself included, have noticed the content dwindling over the last few years. I'm sure they're putting in the same amount of work, but it's just not the same amount of thought IMO. The passion doesn't seem to be as strong. 

Getting a hold of anyone is impossible, as evidenced by the multiple unanswered threads. And when you do get a response good luck with the tone being anything more than something along the lines of: fine, I'll respond but damn you for asking me these questions.

It is very possible they don't have answers, but in my line of work when someone asks you something and you don't have an answer you at the very least acknowledge the question and then state that you don't have an answer now but you will get them an answer soon. Again, it's simple customer service standards. 

Everyone will have the make that decision for themselves on whether or not to subscribe. I know I personally just purchase the DD app and use the forums. There's a lot of talent in these forums. I know I can rub people the wrong way and some can rub me the wrong way but at the end of the day I do appreciate the banter; it gets me thinking and makes me a better fantasy footballer. 

I sure hope all of you seeking answers to these questions get them. May I suggest you bring up politics? Maybe that will get one of them in here. 

I'm not sure which part is more awesome given the lack of responses:

Dodds last seen 9 hrs ago

or

Joe last seen in Sept, 2016.

If anyone sees a thread that they reply to here or in the FFA, feel free to reply to their post by linking to this thread to see if something, anything, will bring them out of the shadows and address this stuff.  Basic customer service request....

No response is a response.
This.  They are getting notifications every time someone @'s them so it's not like they aren't being made aware.  They are choosing not to respond.  It's like the guy that goes to work every day and plays Minesweeper for 8 hours while ignoring all the phone calls and emails.  It's apathy.  There are consequences, they know they are coming, they just don't care.  It's bizarre really. 

What sites would those be?  I'd really be interested in finding sites with good, consistent dynasty content.

I heard Hillary Clinton had her own fantasy football website. It was running smoothly until she employed Igor Olshansky as a contributor. Then her e-mail subscriber list started sending out bizarre daily updates revealing how she really felt about her subscribers. 

Aren't they pretty good about dishing out refunds?  

http://footballguys.com/moneyback.php

You've got 30 days.
But we don't really want our money back.  We WANT to pay for great content.  We WANT to give these guys our money.  It used to be this membership was a win/win.  The MyFBG tool was a thing of beauty prior to the "upgrade" that broke it.

We didn't sign up for 3 year memberships because we wanted a good year or two and then get our balance back and go find somewhere else.  The problem is they aren't holding up to their side of the bargain.  And they are ignoring us in the process.

But we don't really want our money back.  We WANT to pay for great content.  We WANT to give these guys our money.  It used to be this membership was a win/win.  We didn't sign up for 3 year memberships because we wanted a good year or two and then get our balance back and go find somewhere else.  The problem is they aren't holding up to their side of the bargain.  And they are ignoring us in the process.
Can it be any more clear that the majority of their income does not come from subscribers? 

Maybe we should make a new Forum account and pretend to be a DFS big wig. We might get an immediate response. 

I haven't subscribed for a few years.  I love getting information by reading the message boards.  I play in 4 dynasty leagues.  If I were a subscriber I wouldn't be happy about the dynasty content and I would move to where I had a few years ago.  I think it would be nice if FBG made clear the direction they are going with dynasty content but if they aren't going to do so I think you can draw your own conclusions about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread