What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Bryant and David Dodds. Your customers are seeking info in multiple threads (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll mention this thread to Joe and David, but people have raised an awful lot of questions that may not have definitive answers at this point. March is part of our planning stage for the next season -- figuring out budgets for different things, possible new hires, which features will be continued, stopped, or added, etc. A lot of that isn't settled yet.

I do know that a top priority will be avoiding the problems we had with MyFBG last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll mention this thread to Joe and David, but people have raised an awful lot of questions that may not have definitive answers at this point. March is part of our planning stage for the next season -- figuring out budgets for different things, possible new hires, which features will be continued, stopped, or added, etc. A lot of that isn't settled yet.

I do know that a top priority will be avoiding the problems we had with MyFBG last season.

I'd think the single top priority would be trying to mitigate the damage that has already been done to the brand and trying to figure what it will take to start reaquiring some goodwill.  I may be missing my guess, but it looks like FBGs has marred its name pretty badly.

I was just called attention to this thread.

Fire away at the questions.  The more specific the question, the easier it will be to answer.  Things like we want better Dynasty content are pretty hard to answer as I don't know what that means.  

I was just called attention to this thread.

Fire away at the questions.  The more specific the question, the easier it will be to answer.  Things like we want better Dynasty content are pretty hard to answer as I don't know what that means.  

I would also love to hear from the staff about what changes they are planning. Thanks, @Joe Bryant.

An update on what plans are for 2017 would be swell.  Agree with the others, this is a lost year.  

Reviving this post, along with the response from @Simon Shepherd:

@David Dodds and @Joe Bryant:

1. Will you please explain your plan for this season before the last minute?

2. Are you planning to keep classic MyFBG in 2017 alongside a newer version, soliciting feedback on the newer version before ditching the classic?

3. Has a lot of work been completed already to eliminate the problems from the new version that were evident with last year's rollout? Where do things stand?

Been a subscriber for last ten years.  The my MyFBG has been beat to death so I'll ask two other questions... 

Why is the subscription up now as opposed to June or July in previous years? If I paid in July of 2014 for three years, then why as of March 1st am I no longer a subscriber?

Also, I'm considering not renewing because most of the staff doesn't update their rankings, especially in dynasty or IDP. This coupled with the MyFBG not working makes this a hard renew.  How do you respond?

I'm not sure which part is more awesome given the lack of responses:

Dodds last seen 9 hrs ago

or

Joe last seen in Nov, 2016.
This explains a lot
There's something wrong with this function for some users.  I've check Joe specifically in the past and others and this doesn't update properly.  Same thing happening on another forum that is hosted by same host/software.

As Maurile hinted at, MyFBG has been a giant priority this off-season.

Before last year, we licensed software from Fantasy Pros for integration between FBG and host providers.  Their software worked great, but was also costing more and more money each year.  We were also a bit fearful that we would not be able to renew that deal into the future as Fantasy Pros was only willing to negotiate the next year ahead (all at a time we were placing more and more emphasis on this integration).  Those worst fears are being realized by other companies this year as Fantasy Pros is now not licensing this tech (and keeping it for themselves).

Last year, we bit off more than we could chew in bringing this technology in-house.  We were trying to not only replace the tech, but push the boundaries on doing a lot more with it.  As we fell behind schedule, we changed the plan midstream so that we could at least have something that worked.  It was the worst of all solutions in hindsight as it rammed two incompatible systems together and was extremely clumsy at best and didn't work at all for others.

I am not looking to sugar coat stuff. Fantasy Pros has an elegant solution and we did not in 2016.  We have made this a priority for 2017 and feel like we have already made substantial progress down this path.  We believe the 2017 version of MyFBG will be to the standard we have always strived for.

Been a subscriber for last ten years.  The my MyFBG has been beat to death so I'll ask two other questions... 

Why is the subscription up now as opposed to June or July in previous years? If I paid in July of 2014 for three years, then why as of March 1st am I no longer a subscriber?

Also, I'm considering not renewing because most of the staff doesn't update their rankings, especially in dynasty or IDP. This coupled with the MyFBG not working makes this a hard renew.  How do you respond?

All of our content after the SuperBowl is free (requires a free login) until we close the doors again in July.  If that is not the case for you, email overton@footballguys.com

The site officially opens up the day after the NFL draft.  Sigmund Bloom and a few others do a few things from the SuperBowl to the NFL draft, but that is not a focus of Footballguys.  Our staff regroups during these off-months before hitting it hard again when we open the doors.  

Is there consideration, in your planning meetings, on bringing back Wisdom of the Crowds/WDIS?
I don't think we are going to bring this back.  The contest was liked by a selected handful of people, but the output was not viewed by many at all.  It used to be a helpful tool for me in crafting projections, but that is no longer the case either.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread