What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Rookie 1.01 (Post NFL Draft) (1 Viewer)

Who is rookie pick 1.01 in Start 2 QB Scoring?

• QB Jared Goff, Rams

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • QB Carson Wentz, Eagles

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • QB Paxton Lynch, Broncos

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • RB Ezekiel Elliott, Cowboys

Votes: 77 68.1%
  • RB Derrick Henry, Titans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB Kenyan Drake, Dolphins

• RB C.J. Prosise, Seahawks

• RB Devontae Booker, Broncos

• WR Corey Coleman, Browns

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • WR Josh Doctson, Redskins

• WR Laquon Treadwell, Vikings

• WR Will Fuller, Texans

• TE Hunter Henry, Chargers

• Other

• Don't play - No vote

Votes: 21 18.6%

• Total voters

Faust

MVP
This is the eagerly awaited post |NFL Draft reboot of the Rookie Draft Polls.

Please feel free to add any comments on why you selected a player at this slot and don't be afraid to suggest players who you think that I have overlooked (or if you voted other, then please feel free to add a post on who you voted for).

I seroously can't imagine a situation where someone doesn't take EE at 1.01.  Even if some team has zero need at RB, like 5 stud deep, they should take EE or trade the pick and get a haul for him.

I am thinking about packaging 3 of my 5 first round picks to get the 1.01.  I don't think it will be enough (1.03, 1.04, 1.08, 1.09, 1.11). 

Should be the unanimous choice.  I would really like to see the reasoning behind someone voting otherwise (and be serious)

EE has no real competition to speak of.  Incredible O-line.  Team build for power running.  Good QB/WR combo to keep defenses honest.   The real question is, can anybody think of a more perfect rookie situation since you started playing FF?   I honestly can't and I've been playing over 20 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
even in 2 qb leagues i couldn't see not taking EZE.  would people not trade the 1.01 in those leagues for Bell or Gurley either?  EZE is being ranked right up there with them?

This is my post from when I did some analysis of players based on draft position. The last post of the thread.

Here is the RB taken with pick 5 or higher

Marshall Faulk HOF

Reggie Bush

Ronnie Brown

Barry Sanders HOF

Garrison Hearst

Trent Richardson

Edgerrin James

Cedric Benson

Darren McFadden

LaDainian Tomlinson

Jamal Lewis

Ricky Williams

Cadillac Williams

Curtis Enis

There are 3 of these players (21%) who bust and never provide a top 12 season.

3 others only had one top 12 season (21%).

Bush had 3 near top 12 seasons (7%).

The other seven had four or more top 12 seasons (50%)

So it is a really rare thing for a RB to be drafted in the top five. 43% of them never had more than one top 12 season. The other 57% have been some of the best RB for FF over the past 25 years. Reggie Bush is the most recent one to be a success. Before that it was LT in 2001.

eta - 1st overall picks at QB are common by comparison.

This is my post from when I did some analysis of players based on draft position. The last post of the thread.

Marshall Faulk HOF

Reggie Bush

Ronnie Brown

Barry Sanders HOF

Garrison Hearst

Trent Richardson

Edgerrin James

Cedric Benson

Darren McFadden

LaDainian Tomlinson

Jamal Lewis

Ricky Williams

Cadillac Williams

Curtis Enis

So it is a really rare thing for a RB to be drafted in the top five. 43% of them never had more than one top 12 season. The other 57% have been some of the best RB for FF over the past 25 years. Reggie Bush is the most recent one to be a success. Before that it was LT in 2001.

Top 12?  That's like saying the #1 RB in fantasy football is just as much of a success as the #12.  That's not true.

i don't know guys.  it's only 40-0.  28-3 in 2qb.  better give it a little more time.

SayWhat? said:
First ever unanimous 1.01 across all league formats?
Pretty sure there is going to be some drafts he won't go 1.01 when you say unanimous your talking about how many thousands of leagues ?

Pretty sure there is going to be some drafts he won't go 1.01 when you say unanimous your talking about how many thousands of leagues ?
Even if someone thinks they are smarter than everyone else and that Elliot isn't the 1.01 then trade down. I understand that there will be someone that is dumb enough not to do pick him which will probably throw off the shutout but it's clearly the pick and should be unanimous. 

Even in a zero start rb league, take EEEEEEEK 

Btw, who was the rookie bloom used to squeal over? 

I'd take Coleman 1.01 in a PPR league. I know I'm the only one though. I'm ok with that.
No doubt you could be right I mean Trent Richardson has taught us all a lesson.  Unfortuantly you are not in the league where I have the 1.02 pick.

I'd take Coleman 1.01 in a PPR league. I know I'm the only one though. I'm ok with that.
Would you? Or would you trade down? Even if it's not much, why not get something for free and trade for the 1.02? Or not just take Elliot and trade him for what would likely be a pretty nice return? 

It just seems like such a low value move. I'm guessing you're talking about "in a vacuum" and there's no trades but wanted to hear about what you'd actually do. 

Would you? Or would you trade down? Even if it's not much, why not get something for free and trade for the 1.02? Or not just take Elliot and trade him for what would likely be a pretty nice return? 

It just seems like such a low value move. I'm guessing you're talking about "in a vacuum" and there's no trades but wanted to hear about what you'd actually do. 
I would absolutely trade down if I could and it's probably easy to do this year but if I couldn't I would take Coleman. I think he's more valuable than Elliot. 

Top 12?  That's like saying the #1 RB in fantasy football is just as much of a success as the #12.  That's not true.
I never made the claim that the #1 was the same as #12. So it isn't like saying they are the same at all.

The study I did was focused on evaluating players who have had top 12 seasons and draws no conclusions about the differences between players within the top 12.

That is why I broke out a separate group that was drafted in the top 5 which is the list presented above. 

The reason for looking at top 12 seasons is because I think those performances make the largest difference towards winning in FF as compared to a RB 2 or RB 3 who does help but only marginally. I wanted to look at difference making performance in FF only.

The top 3 or 5 of any years top 12 will generally be a lot higher than the players who finish 6 to 12 but I did not try to make any such distinctions.

Marshall Faulk HOF

Reggie Bush

Ronnie Brown

Barry Sanders HOF

Garrison Hearst

Trent Richardson

Edgerrin James

Cedric Benson

Darren McFadden

LaDainian Tomlinson

Jamal Lewis

Ricky Williams

Cadillac Williams

Curtis Enis

I hate to offend you, but your argument is uninteresting and useless.

Not sure why you even bothered to mock the 1.01. The most obvious choice in years.

It will get far more interesting once we get to choice 5, and a dozen guys pick up 5% or better of the votes!

I would absolutely trade down if I could and it's probably easy to do this year but if I couldn't I would take Coleman. I think he's more valuable than Elliot. 
You don't just trade down. You have many options. My one league just had the 1.1 put on the market for a team with huge WR need and good Rb core. In a league where RB is devalued since you only need to start 1 Rb and 1 te  with one flex of either, but te gets 1.5 ppr  to .5 for RB. Wr gets 1 and you must start 3. So what will he end up with. I won't make an offer because my Rb core is fine already and my wr core is my issue with losing martivius. Te is so hard to find also. So will be interesting in that league, what happens to 1.1

Users who are viewing this thread