What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HS girls stage a walkout as trans teen uses girls bathroom (1 Viewer)

Should a HS student that identifies as trangender be allowed to use the locker room of the gender th

• Total voters
Yes, and they're getting wildly criticized because some boy that thinks he's a girl wants to use their bathroom.

tim says "give 'em what they want." Those of us that actually studied public policy and the grievance factory that is the trans community knew this was coming.

Teens typically have a damn good bullish+ meter.
Or they're just pissed that some guy can't dress like a woman and stand in the GD boy's bathroom, FFS.

This is not the end of the world for either party, but damn if the trans community and those who speak about "gender," as if gender wasn't a construct of dilapidated minds, hasn't forced this upon us.

Hell, co-ed bathrooms for everyone! I don't care. Smell my ###.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good.

Rod and reel use the ? door. Its not a psychological determination on the bathroom. Its a physical one.

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!
Yeah, this is typical Apple Jack.

Completely brushing aside any claim to normalcy in the aim of solidifying a left-wing lament.

Good work.
I have no problem with their problem with it.
Ah, bah humbug. I will plant my flag in the culture wars squarely in the province of sex-segregated bathrooms.

Have you seen all their damn toothbrushes and tampons?

(Yes, that's a Trump joke.)

It's probably worth noting that this was a locker room, not a bathroom. That makes this much more clear-cut to me (not sure if it should or not).

I thought the administration had a good solution by allowing Perry to use a faculty restroom, but that apparently wasn't good enough.

I thought the administration had a good solution by allowing Perry to use a faculty restroom, but that apparently wasn't good enough.
Nothing is good enough when you either want to look at girlie boobs or have a political agenda of co-ed, public bathrooms.

It's really that simple.

Good.

Rod and reel use the door. Its not a psychological determination on the bathroom. Its a physical one.
The problem is that sometimes the problem goes in the exact opposite direction ... if you have a transgender man who looks to all the world like a man but is forced to use the ladies room he's probably gonna make everyone in there feel pretty uncomfortable. So really the problem is just that women are too squeamish- can't handle a male transgender or a female transgender. Get over yourselves, ladies ;)

Good.

Rod and reel use the door. Its not a psychological determination on the bathroom. Its a physical one.
The problem is that sometimes the problem goes in the exact opposite direction ... if you have a transgender man who looks to all the world like a man but is forced to use the ladies room he's probably gonna make everyone in there feel pretty uncomfortable. So really the problem is just that women are too squeamish- can't handle a male transgender or a female transgender. Get over yourselves, ladies ;)
So one group being uncomfortable over the other?The equipment determines the room.

It's probably worth noting that this was a locker room, not a bathroom. That makes this much more clear-cut to me (not sure if it should or not).
There was a quote from the kid in the article: "There’s a lot of ignorance, they are claiming that they’re uncomfortable. I don’t believe for a second that they are. I think this is pure and simple bigotry."

Really, you don't think HS girls getting changed in a locker room with a dude won't/can't be uncomfortable? Hell, they're barely comfortable changing with the other girls.

High School girls don't want some strange dude watching them shower? Who could have seen this coming?

High School girls don't want some strange dude watching them shower? Who could have seen this coming?
Certainly not most of the people in the first Bruce Jenner thread. That was where you were sort of a ripping rights-denier if you brought up uncomfortable subjects like...like...THIS EXACT ONE

Does this knob go to eleventy?

Good.

So one group being uncomfortable over the other?The equipment determines the room.
:shrug:

I dunno. I don't really think it's much of a big deal, either. Just figure it out case by case. With restrooms in a restaurant or something let people do whatever they feel is best. With something like this- kids in a locker room getting nekkid- I'd say go by the equipment. I don't think we need a hard and fast rule that applies across the board. It's not like we could enforce one even if we had it.

SOUTH PARK DID IT!
This is where all the left-loving people come in to mock those of you that knew this was coming, and now are resorting to jokes.

Congrats, gender-benders, you now have young boys dressing as women and demanding locker rooms because you couldn't -- and wouldn't -- put your foot down about simple things like...biological sex.

Congrats.

Good.

I dunno. I don't really think it's much of a big deal, either. Just figure it out case by case. With restrooms in a restaurant or something let people do whatever they feel is best. With something like this- kids in a locker room getting nekkid- I'd say go by the equipment. I don't think we need a hard and fast rule that applies across the board. It's not like we could enforce one even if we had it.
You love case-by-case when confronted with logical absurdity of epic proportions.

Good.

You love case-by-case when confronted with logical absurdity of epic proportions.
No, I love case-by-case when its the best means available to address something.

Look, people are always going to dress and act as transgenders, and there will be more of it as time goes on because fewer people will be driven to hide their urge to do so. You can deny that reality if you choose, but that's all you're doing- denying reality. You can't create a law or rule that does away with reality

So the question is how do you deal with that? And my answer is, deal with it in whatever way you think is best. If you're an owner of a private establishment deal with it however you want. If you're a local government adopt whatever rule you think is best, maybe even different rules for different types of facilities. You're making it harder than it is in an effort to connect your outrage at the very existence of transgenders with some sort of unsolvable problem that results from their existence. I think that's silly.

Could rockaction please talk more about all things left and left leaning and maybe left handed. Left turns maybe? Lefty Dreisel? Your left, your left...

SOUTH PARK DID IT!
This is where all the left-loving people come in to mock those of you that knew this was coming, and now are resorting to jokes.

Congrats, gender-benders, you now have young boys dressing as women and demanding locker rooms because you couldn't -- and wouldn't -- put your foot down about simple things like...biological sex.

Congrats.
Oh, you're just pissed because you didn't think of it first.

I find irony in the transgendered person, who is uncomfortable, so she says, changing in the locker room with those of identical genitalia to her own anatomy poo pooing the discomfort of the girls being forced to accept her. Certainly she should be sensitive to the idea of discomfort over these issues. She insists that others must come to understand and support her, but she is unwilling to extend that courtesy to others.

In many ways I am a simple man. I need clear demarcations for public policy, particularly when it comes to minors. If you have a twig an berries you don't get to use the girls facilities. Use the boys facilities or get a neutral accommodation, but not the girls, and vice versa.

Maybe adults should have to get over themselves. I am willing to do so. Hell, were I to experience discomfort over this maybe that discomfort would lead to growth (BTW, I do not feel discomfort over sharing facilities) But when it comes to children grappling maybe with there own identity and security issues, well I don't feel they should have the added challenge of dealing with every issue we expect adults to handle.

Good.

Look, people are always going to dress and act as transgenders, and there will be more of it as time goes on because fewer people will be driven to hide their urge to do so. You can deny that reality if you choose, but that's all you're doing- denying reality. You can't create a law or rule that does away with reality

So the question is how do you deal with that? And my answer is, deal with it in whatever way you think is best. If you're an owner of a private establishment deal with it however you want. If you're a local government adopt whatever rule you think is best, maybe even different rules for different types of facilities. You're making it harder than it is in an effort to connect your outrage at the very existence of transgenders with some sort of unsolvable problem that results from their existence. I think that's silly.
Actually, the irony of that was too rich to ignore. My point was not one of personal disturbance -- indeed, I think the younger generation gets to deal with their own problems with gender that the '90s gave them. Much like we're intellectual heirs of the community problems that deal with environmentalism, so are they with the community problems of the construct of "gender" replacing biological sex.

But to say that I'm making it harder? I mean, from an efficiency standpoint, it would seem that totally revamping public accommodations to satisfy one's own conception of what "gender" seems like they're making it harder, not me. I simply want bathrooms for penises and ######s. No questions. Very efficient. Not hard (generally).

Still not sure why issues like this aren't treated as purely legal. If you've identified as a female your whole life great; get with your doctor in front of a judge and get your gender changed. Whatever gender is shown on your drivers licence determines what bathroom you use. I don't see why this is so difficult for people.

Could rockaction please talk more about all things left and left leaning and maybe left handed. Left turns maybe? Lefty Dreisel? Your left, your left...
I don't know. Maybe if you'd been beaten squarely in a predictive debate, you could talk about the right and try to make jokes about the right...maybe even you'd be right for once.

But...ahhh...the true lunacy these days and for the entire past century comes from...

wait for it...

not Trump...

THE LEFT!

Yes, and they're getting wildly criticized because some boy that thinks he's a girl wants to use their bathroom.

tim says "give 'em what they want." Those of us that actually studied public policy and the grievance factory that is the trans community knew this was coming.
You had to blame me in the 2nd post? I suppose I should be honored. Was Obama unavailable?

This is nothing more than shortsighted bathroom technology buit on the traditional WWII "boot camp" style of bathroom layout. We need to evolve past the "mens room" and the "womens room" and start to implement banks of single user/unisex bathrooms...ala the lone handicapped or "family" style bathroom.

Good.

Actually, the irony of that was too rich to ignore. My point was not one of personal disturbance -- indeed, I think the younger generation gets to deal with their own problems with gender that the '90s gave them. Much like we're intellectual heirs of the community problems that deal with environmentalism, so are they with the community problems of the construct of "gender" replacing biological sex.

But to say that I'm making it harder? I mean, from an efficiency standpoint, it would seem that totally revamping public accommodations to satisfy one's own conception of what "gender" is seems like they're making it harder, not me. I simply want bathrooms for penises and ######s. No questions. Very efficient. Not hard (generally).
You're making it harder by having a rule at all when none is needed in most cases.

Your rule would say that the person at 12:30 of this video has to use the women's room. That can (and apparently did) make women uncomfortable, which is totally understandable. Why not allow a little flexibility for cases like that?

A high school locker room is different, of course, because the government is in charge so we do have to come up with a rule, and in that case I'd agree with you.

Tommy Turner from Angel Beach High had some pioneering thoughts on the girls locker room that I think are relevant to this case.

You had to blame me in the 2nd post? I suppose I should be honored. Was Onama unavailable?
I like you, tim, it was just an example of the wildness that was coming, and the forethought that had been given it by policy mavens like yourself.

Of course they'd been agitating for co-ed bathrooms -- that was part of the essence of the platform. Your weighing in on it without knowing that is what was funny, as is this situation. "Oh wait, they want co-ed bathrooms and lockers?"

Um, yes, that's what they've been saying for ten years.

How does a school even sanction something like this? Having men/boys watching underage girls/women shower and change on school property? It's amazing that this is even a discussion, much less, implemented and supported.

I said several weeks ago that with gay marriage now codified transgender rights would be the next great campaign for progressives and their allies in academia and the media. The agitations never end, even in the face of logic and natural law. Even the military is getting in on the act. How do you think such accommodations are going to work within the confines of a Navy vessel or a forward deployed fire support base?

This isn't a lifestyle, it's a mental disorder. Cross-dressers on the front line. Madness. Then again, our enemies will be laughing so hard they won't be able to fight so maybe it will all work out.

How does a school even sanction something like this? Having men/boys watching underage girls/women shower and change on school property? It's amazing that this is even a discussion, much less, implemented and supported.
Because this particular person claims to be a girl and wears a wig and a dress. Which somehow doesn't make it more weird, but makes it an issue worth discussing.

You had to blame me in the 2nd post? I suppose I should be honored. Was Onama unavailable?
I like you, tim, it was just an example of the wildness that was coming, and the forethought that had been given it by policy mavens like yourself.

Of course they'd been agitating for co-ed bathrooms -- that was part of the essence of the platform. Your weighing in on it without knowing that is what was funny, as is this situation. "Oh wait, they want co-ed bathrooms and lockers?"

Um, yes, that's what they've been saying for ten years.
They'll find a way to solve it.

Users who are viewing this thread