What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Imagine you are a HS football star- Which U did you commit to? (1 Viewer)

A cousin of mine was lightly recruited by BC, Cuse, UVa and Vandy to name a few. Blew out his knee playing hoops Jr year and missed entire Sr season and everyone backed off. Went to Harvard, 2yr starter and captain. Runs his own hedge fund and I put the over/under on his net worth at 9 figures. Don't underestimate the powerful alumni network either.

Top 10 academic school all day long is the answer - if you are good enough to play on Sundays they will find you.
I had a kid that will be graduating high school soon. Seemed like a bright kid. Asked him about plans for school. He was deciding on UIC vs Alabama for engineering. He said UIC is seen as the better school for engineering but his thinking is he could be on the top of the grad class in Alabama and that it is better to be near the top from a lesser school than middle in a better school.

I added to that that the alumni network from Alabama would likely be more of an asset than UIC as their alumni are much more passionate and involved in their school. Even when not talking about top of the elite schoolsin the country, I think the alumni network is a very powerful thing. It can really open a lot of doors for you if you have a very involved alumni network to leverage.

A cousin of mine was lightly recruited by BC, Cuse, UVa and Vandy to name a few. Blew out his knee playing hoops Jr year and missed entire Sr season and everyone backed off. Went to Harvard, 2yr starter and captain. Runs his own hedge fund and I put the over/under on his net worth at 9 figures. Don't underestimate the powerful alumni network either.

Top 10 academic school all day long is the answer - if you are good enough to play on Sundays they will find you.
I had a kid that will be graduating high school soon. Seemed like a bright kid. Asked him about plans for school. He was deciding on UIC vs Alabama for engineering. He said UIC is seen as the better school for engineering but his thinking is he could be on the top of the grad class in Alabama and that it is better to be near the top from a lesser school than middle in a better school.

I added to that that the alumni network from Alabama would likely be more of an asset than UIC as their alumni are much more passionate and involved in their school. Even when not talking about top of the elite schoolsin the country, I think the alumni network is a very powerful thing. It can really open a lot of doors for you if you have a very involved alumni network to leverage.
Plus there are more hotties in one Bama freshman class than have ever attended UIC.

Users who are viewing this thread