What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Duron Carter cut by the Colts ----lets see what the other 31 do (1 Viewer)

Article says he can work out for NFL teams beginning 12/1.

Can't sign til February 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
The team that drafts Duron Carter will get the most lazy, whiny, & non-work ethic player the nfl has ever seen. I played w/ him. Horrible..

— QB Cayden Cochran (@CBCochran11)

February 3, 2013
Interesting to see how much he's changed the past two years and if he's really ready for the NFL.

futures contracts are players signed in December to spend the offseason with the team. This used to be when NFLE guys were signed and in today's NFL it's for those types that are on and off the practice squad all year

If he ever shows up on MFL, can someone reply to this or at least bump this thread saying so. Would like to stash him before others notice.

If he ever shows up on MFL, can someone reply to this or at least bump this thread saying so. Would like to stash him before others notice.
He's on MFL, or at least on my leagues.
Thanks, they must have just added him yesterday or this morning. It's too bad he wasn't there before the games yesterday so I could have just added him instead of having to go through waivers now.

If he were in the NFL draft again, what round do we think he would go in?

Trying to get an idea for his prospects to determine how much FAAB to throw at him.

Alright guys let's shut this thread down until Thursday. Want to make sure he makes it to me on waivers. I was planning on scooping him up after they cleared, but this thread has been bumped too many times for me to risk that.

Wide receivers in the Canadian leagues can actually run toward the line of scrimmage before the snap. These receivers can get a convenient running head start on the defensive player covering them.

I play in a 14 team devy league that's in it's second year with blind bidding $$ that rolls over from year to year. Rosters are so deep between Devy's and a deep rookie draft that not a single big $$ bid has paid off yet--closest was Hurns who went for about 80% of someone's budget this preseason. The only FA acquisitions that have paid off were lottery ticket freebees, and even they have been flashes in the pan like Oliver. Cheap lucky pickups have hit once in a while, but no one that was "worth" a huge bid has hit yet in two years.

Basically, I'm starting to see that there's no point hoarding the cash praying that another Josh Gordon comes out in a supplemental draft to justify a big bid. Between deep rosters, deep rookie drafts, and Devy's there's just very little worth spending on.

I have the most BB$$ in the league and I'm going to blow my load on Carter this week, $1 more than the next richest owner, because I have a feeling a bunch of other owners are probably thinking the same thing. Why not? He's got the pedigree, he's matured a bit, there's buzz around him. Hell, maybe I'll just flip him when the buzz picks up between Dec-Feb and I'll have bought a draft pick or something.

I just snagged him in a dynasty. Had to drop Jordan Cameron. Hopefully he pans out better than Cameron did for me.

Picked him up this week. Stashing him with the likes of blackmon, Latimer and Hunter. Hopefully one of them will hit next year.

No. Cameron's a turd. He's got concussion issues and TEs like him are available on the wire all the time. Besides I got Jimmy Graham.

ConnSKINS26 said:
Sabertooth said:
No. Cameron's a turd. He's got concussion issues and TEs like him are available on the wire all the time. Besides I got Jimmy Graham.
What? Cameron is still a top-5 TE almost across the board, are you drunk? You cut him for Duron ####### Carter? :lmao:
jordan cameron? From the Browns? He's scored over 10 points all of once this season. Guys a turd.

Ouch. Trade Cameron for a 2nd or 3rd if you're low on him.
I'd like to see the league where I can get a second rounder for a guy who hasn't scored all season and is now in the concussion protocol. Would you give a second rounder for a guy like that? I'm sure that 7.33 ppg is going to kill me.

I'd like to see the league where I can get a second rounder for a guy who hasn't scored all season and is now in the concussion protocol. Would you give a second rounder for a guy like that? I'm sure that 7.33 ppg is going to kill me.
He was traded for a late 1st round rookie pick in my dynasty league last summer. I'd gladly pay a mid to late 2nd for him.

All leagues are different. Right now he isn't even in the top 32 in scoring for TEs. Who cares. This is the Duron Carter thread. If he signs with the Colts, his stock will rise for sure.

He was traded for a late 1st round rookie pick in my dynasty league last summer. I'd gladly pay a mid to late 2nd for him.
Let's look at it this way. Here's the 20-28 picks on the first site I google for Dynasty rookie ADP (don't know the site but whatever):

Tre Mason

Terrence West

Jace Amaro

Kadeem Carey

Martavis Bryant

Isaiah Crowell

Storm Johnson

Charles Sims

Lache Seastrunk

No way I trade Mason, West, Bryant, Crowell, or Sims for him. Amaro is a wash, as is Carey. So basically the only players from this past draft that I'd rather have Cameron than is Storm and Lache. 7 out of the 9 have as much or more value than Cameron in my book. And the two that Jordan has more value than were 26th and 28th respectively (3rd rounders).

Users who are viewing this thread