What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Duron Carter cut by the Colts ----lets see what the other 31 do (3 Viewers)

That's good news. Can't wait to see where he lands.

What I'm trying to decide is where my "sell point" is though. He'll have some hype after he picks a team (or is forced to sign somewhere due to lack of options), and maybe that's the time to sell high for a future (or even current) 2nd or something...like I did with Da'Rick Rogers once upon a time.

So is a 2nd high enough for most owners to move him? Or at that price do you just hold and cross your fingers?

That's good news. Can't wait to see where he lands.

What I'm trying to decide is where my "sell point" is though. He'll have some hype after he picks a team (or is forced to sign somewhere due to lack of options), and maybe that's the time to sell high for a future (or even current) 2nd or something...like I did with Da'Rick Rogers once upon a time.

So is a 2nd high enough for most owners to move him? Or at that price do you just hold and cross your fingers?
In IDP, I probably trade him for a second unless my team is horrible and then I take the risk.

I'd sell for a 2nd if he landed somewhere with a few top options (Chi, TB etc). If he goes to a team like IND, BAL or somewhere with an easier path I'd hold.

I'd take an early 2nd, heavily impacted by where he signs. Indy or Baltimore, maybe New England and that price climbs or becomes a hold until after the draft and free agency runs.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Colts, Seahawks, and 49ers are "very interested" in free agent WR Duron Carter.

They're just three of upwards of 15 teams said to be looking at Cris Carter's son, who just completed his CFL contract with the Montreal Alouettes and can begin visiting NFL teams as soon as Monday. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Carter will work out for the Browns at some point. Carter (6-foot-5, 205) will turn 24 in March and may end up holding a "Pro Day" after the holidays, allowing his body to rest up from the season. He's allowed to sign as soon as February. Dec 1 - 6:18 PM
Would love to see him hold a pro day under the assumption that the only reason he would do it is because he thinks he would show well.

As to the discussion above...I'd most likely take any 2nd for him. The chances of him amounting to nothing are much higher than the chances of him actually outperforming any of the guys you could get in the 2nd round.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Colts, Seahawks, and 49ers are "very interested" in free agent WR Duron Carter.

They're just three of upwards of 15 teams said to be looking at Cris Carter's son, who just completed his CFL contract with the Montreal Alouettes and can begin visiting NFL teams as soon as Monday. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Carter will work out for the Browns at some point. Carter (6-foot-5, 205) will turn 24 in March and may end up holding a "Pro Day" after the holidays, allowing his body to rest up from the season. He's allowed to sign as soon as February. Dec 1 - 6:18 PM
Would love to see him hold a pro day under the assumption that the only reason he would do it is because he thinks he would show well.

As to the discussion above...I'd most likely take any 2nd for him. The chances of him amounting to nothing are much higher than the chances of him actually outperforming any of the guys you could get in the 2nd round.
That's my thinking. Of course I'd also hate to be the guy who sold him and he actually hits...

Montreal WR Duron Carter was measured and worked out at the FIU Pro day in March of 2013.

Dates: 03/07/13@FIU
Height: 6031
Weight: 206
40 Yrd Dash: 4.58
20 Yrd Dash: 2.60
10 Yrd Dash: 1.54
225 Lb. Bench Reps: n/a
Vertical Jump: 33
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.47
3-Cone Drill: 6.90

40 Time Range: 4.58-4.62/No bench, choice

Not 6'5 and his 4.58 isn't optimal.

For comparison's sake Cleveland WR Josh Gordon ran in the 4.5's on his Pro day.

Duron's broad jump and 10 yard split, very good.

On November 24th former NFL WR and current ESPN commentator Chris Carter, who just so happens to be the father of Duron said:

"I hope my son is playing for the Browns."

Don't forget Chris said this past summer that he felt the Browns should cut WR Josh Gordon. Hmmnn, maybe he had some sort of forward-looking motive, like opening the door for his son to take over the #1 WR role, when he made those comments that no one else seemed to agree with or understand at the time. Now with 20/20 hindsight, Chris doesn't seem soo nutty for making those comments.

But pairing the 6'3 Josh Gordon with the 6'3 Duron Carter next year does seem very enticing especially if 6'4 Jordan Cameron is back healthy along with WR Andrew Hawkins and Taylor Gabriel, both 5'7 really stepped-up this year.

i hope the packers sign him because it would be nice to solidify the number eleven receiver spot take that to the bank bromigos

Would people add him into their rookie drafts, or free agent drafts if done separately?
He's not a rookie, so FA draft if for some reason he isn't already available on waivers/blind bidding/etc.
He hasn't played in the NFL yet, has he? I think that makes him a rookie.
Was not drafted. Worked out for some teams post draft, but did not make a roster. That was 2 years ago. Don't know how/why you would classify him as a rookie unless you just didn't want someone to nab him off waivers.

Would people add him into their rookie drafts, or free agent drafts if done separately?
He's not a rookie, so FA draft if for some reason he isn't already available on waivers/blind bidding/etc.
Was not drafted. Worked out for some teams post draft, but did not make a roster. That was 2 years ago. Don't know how/why you would classify him as a rookie unless you just didn't want someone to nab him off waivers.
Exactly.

He was on the waivers in my league and I was happy to take a flyer on him. I don't see how he is considered anything other than a FA, to be honest. Others who have come from the Canadian League have been considered as such.

/sarcasm

Because when he signs his free agent contract, he'll be bound to a contract pre-assigned by the CBA for whatever rookie slot he was drafted in.

/sarcasm

He was already in the NFL draft he went undrafted, went to CFL. He's an undrafted player right now. Played in CFL not eligable to sign with NFL team till new calander year.

I added him in my league, had to add him to the database.

However I have added unlisted players (normally supplemental draft) in CBS for other owners before.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-teams-angling-to-sign-gifted-cfl-receiver-duron-carter--cris--son-211232239.html

"Duron Carter pondered his future while sitting at a desk a year ago, tapping away on a computer he hated, doing a job working for a financial attorney in Florida that his mom hooked him up with.

Carter knew that job wasnt in the cards for him.

I was doing financial portfolios. It was just so boring, Carter, who will sign with an NFL team soon, told the Shutdown Corner by phone on Tuesday. With football, you can run around. This, you couldn't. I was glued down.

But they had an opening, working at a desk and doing everything on computers. It was something to do

Carter, 23, knew that he had the football talent to one day have someone do his financial portfolios but to that point hadnt come close to playing his cards right. The physically gifted and academically challenged son of Hall of Fame wide receiver, was as motivationally stunted in the sedentary job as he was during a whirlwind of collegiate failures.

Son followed fathers footsteps at Ohio State, where he played only one season as a freshman before transferring. It would be the last big-college ball hed play, shifting from Coffeyville Community College (Kansas), where he did get on the field, to Alabama and Florida Atlantic, unable to gain the proper academic clearance at either of those schools.

But it had nothing to do with intelligence. Cris Carter once told USA Today: "He. Just. Hates. (Bleeping). School."

And thats not just a father making excuses. Montreal Alouettes general manager Jim Popp explains just how smart he believes Duron Carter is.

The first thing people would say about him was that he [was] not smart enough, which is why he [couldnt] stay in school, Popp told SDC. Thats the exact opposite of the truth. Hes a very intelligent guy, probably borderline genius IQ.

Hell smoke the Wonderlic test. Intelligence has nothing to with why he couldnt stay in school. He just didnt like class. Maybe he was just bored with it, I dont know.

Popp has strong contacts at Alabama, where head coach Nick Saban was his positional coach when he played at Michigan State, along with a few other Crimson Tide coaches. They recommended Carter, and Popp added him to the Als CFL negotiation list.

After FAU didnt work out, Carter entered his name into the 2013 NFL draft and was passed over. The Minnesota Vikings, the team Cris Carter spent the bulk of his career with, brought in Duron for minicamp and released him. At that point, he was too young and raw.

In fact, his reputation was not good in some circles. Carters former Coffeyville quarterback, Cayden Cochran, later would look back on his time with Carter on Twitter with a rather unfond memory, calling him "the most lazy, whiny & non-work ethic player the nfl has ever seen ... Horrible person & will be a complete cancer to any team on the board."

Popp nonetheless brought in Carter for a tryout and signed him to the practice squad for the 2013 season. It might not have been Carters last shot at professional football, but prospects only have so many opportunities before potential becomes a wasted word.

I was just so happy to have one more chance, even though I wasnt happy about being on the practice squad, Carter said.

The Als watched him work and progress, monitoring him closely before realizing how special a talent he was. Popp reached out to agent Mitch Frankel and Cris Carter and informed them both that he wanted to sign Duron to the active roster Popp just needed to know the whole story of why he had failed out of so many prior stops.

I let them know I wanted to help, Popp said. I just needed to know the whole story. I needed to know everything.

Duron is a very confident young man. I am sure he grew up around All-Pro athletes and figured out he could compete with them, that he was in their caliber of athlete. His confidence is sky-high, and he wont back down from anyone. What he has needed to do was control that and use it in a positive manner. And I think hes started to do that.

The 6-foot-5, 205-pound Carter was promoted to the active roster in Week 6 of that season after another receiver was injured. He didnt take long to make an impact.

My first catch, I think it was like a 60-yarder, he said. And after that, it just really took off.

In 11 games, just starting to scratch the surface of his potential, Carter caught 49 passes for 909 yards and five touchdowns. Still, having been humbled by his itinerant football existence up to that point, Carter had no delusions of grandeur anymore like he once did.

Every time I had to switch schools, every time I didnt get picked up, it was a humbling experience. Going into Minnesota [for the Vikings workout], I thought I was a really good receiver, Carter said. Saying this, saying that, blah blah blah. You can get caught up in yourself a little bit. A lot of guys get caught up on themselves and stop playing, stop working. I had to learn I wasnt all that.

Which is why he took the desk job: Carter still didnt know what the future might hold.

In the offseason, man, you dont make any money just sitting there chilling, he said, laughing.

Looking back, Carter said he now can see why no NFL teams wanted him a short time ago.

I wouldnt have taken a chance on me either, he said. I would say I wasnt ready to come out. I just had no idea what it took and what it meant to be a professional athlete at all. I feel like I have started to accomplish that in Montreal.

Carter shook off an ankle injury, which cost him four games, to put up monster numbers this season: 75 catches, 1,030 yards and seven touchdowns in parts of 15 games. NFL scouts have paid close attention to just how well Carter has played, and now that his two-year deal has expired, he is eligible to talk with teams south of the border. A reported 15 NFL teams have shown some level of interest in him.

Popp views Carter in the same way that he does former CFL receiver Joe Horn, whom Popp watched up close: a prospect who got off track but is incredibly gifted, enough so to make an NFL impact as a starter. Carter is a different beast than Horn, far taller with a longer wingspan, and Popp said he has first-round type of skills."

Theres nothing he cant do. He has the wiggle of a smaller player, uncommon height for a receiver, and he begged to go in an play DB when we were short a few players there," Popp explained. "Hes just an insanely gifted competitor.

But for Popp, one of the most eye-opening things has been just how smart he has found Carter to be.

The lawyer who represented the CFL for the most recent CBA [stephen Shamie], he met Duron at our golf tournament prior to training camp this year, and Duron engaged him in a conversation, Popp said. [shamie] found me and said, Oh my gosh. This guy is unbelievable. I have never met a player who had read the agreement front and back like this young man had. He knew everything.

That is what you have to tap into. Hes got to be with the right people. Hes only going to grow, but he needs that right motivational coach to get it out of him. Duron is Cris; he is his dad.

Once you get to know his ways, youll accept him; youll understand how he is, Popp continued. Hes a guy who could really help someone. He might be unconventional and maybe a little stubborn. Maybe thats tied into his intelligence.

Of course, the Alouettes semifinal loss to Hamilton was a good reminder that Carter is far from a sure thing. Prior to the game, that confidence was talking: Carter said that the Tiger Cats were set to be on the receiving end of a butt-kicking.

Facing off against the CFLs best defensive back, Delvin Breaux, who also will be heavily courted by NFL teams, Carter struggled. He caught only three passes for 25 yards, had a run for minus-4 yards and also was penalized twice for 15 yards out of frustration.

After the game, Carter avoided talking to the media. He can reflect on the game accurately now.

Man, it was so frustrating, he said. Im in the game, going up against the best corner in the CFL, the cameras are on me, we had a great gameplan coming in and the ball is supposed to be coming to me.

Were getting into the game, and I think its about three-fourths of the way through the second quarter, and I dont even have a target yet. Youre trying to get in the game as a receiver and you only see the ball four or five times as a receiver anyway.

"It was so frustrating; the dude [breaux] was talking to me and it sort of got the best of me that game, I can tell you that.

And with that game, Carters CFL career likely came to a thud of an end. But his NFL future appears bright. Carter will hold a pro day-type workout at St. Thomas Aquinas (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.), where he went to high school, on either Jan. 6, 7 or 8 theyre still trying to work out the date with the school and coordinate NFL scouts to receive maximum attendance and impact.

In the meantime, Carter will meet with teams and take free-agent visits, and already has stared the process.

Theyve mostly been talking to my agent [Mitch Frankel] and my dad, Carter said. December 1 was the first day I was able to make contact with teams officially. I got a call from the Browns; I talked to [GM] Ray Farmer, which was cool. A whole bunch of people have called me; I cant just say who all has. It has been crazy.

Hell also continue to rehab the ankle injury that he played the season through. When he first suffered the injury, Carter lost weight and was unable to gain back any during the season, playing at the 205-pound mark. But he said he believes his ideal weight is at 215 pounds.

As for his game, Carter said one area has come the farthest since going up north.

I would say my overall concentration. On every play. Every aspect of football. Working hard and realizing that every yard matters, he said. What you do in the preseason matters in the postseason. Little things: making sure you run [routes] the right depth. Little details. Taking accountability for each play. Making sure you know the playbook inside and out.

Working daily this season with Chad Johnson or Ochocinco, if you prefer Carter said he was happy to team up with a former NFLer to teach him the ropes after Johnson signed with the Als this summer.

He was cool, he said. Really down to earth. He taught me a lot about the dos and donts of the NFL.

Carter said he treated his CFL experience like he was in the minor leagues but now is ready for his shot at the bigs.

I stayed hungry, trying to get to the NFL, he said. Im so thankful for Montreal to give me my shot. Jim Popp brought me in, and I took advantage of it.

Duron said his father has been a huge part of the process of getting back on track but that Cris hasnt been afraid to let his son fail on his own and learn his own way back.

My dad is like my best friend. I could talk to him, really, about anything, Duron said. He lets me make my own decisions. He made a lot of mistakes in his life, and hes that guiding light for me, but he recognizes that he needs to let me be my own man, too.

I should have listened to him more. Before, I used to sort of spite my dad. Now I heed everything that hes saying. Hes been in the NFL, hes been around the league, and he knows what it takes to make it. Thats what I am trying to do.

Its not as if Cris Carter, who was released by the Philadelphia Eagles early in his career and struggled with alcoholism, didnt bottom out at a lower place than Duron ever reached. Thats why his father sometimes kept his distance but maintained his tough love throughout. Duron returned the favor by presenting his father at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2013.

Anytime I left a school or something, hes never been down on me or forgotten me, he said. Now, hes been mad at me. But I know hes always there for me. Thats always been my motivation. Watching my dad growing up, its in my blood. Just having an opportunity to play has been everything to me.

That opportunity is closing in. It has been a long time with several stops along the way coming."

ROYALWITCHEESE said:
New highlight vid.

http://youtu.be/MXnNhB5AUtQ

I'm trying not to get too excited, but he shows everything needed to be a top option...
i like that he's willing to actually move *towards* the ball and he seems to have good hands. he's pretty raw otherwise, which is no surprise considering how he has bounced around. *IF* a team is patient with him - and he is patient too - then he could be an interesting player on sundays.

ROYALWITCHEESE said:
New highlight vid.

I'm trying not to get too excited, but he shows everything needed to be a top option...
If he's that good I would have expected him to dominate the league rather than put up similar numbers to Luke Tasker, another undrafted receiver from the 2013 draft.
Missed 4 games and still had 75-1030 (good for 3rd in the league) and 7 TD (good for 2nd).It's not the stats. He passes the eye test. Tall, long arms, wins jump balls and contested catches, good moves and quickness for a big man, and enough speed to outrun people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice article and there's some nice positives about him in there. It's good that he's intelligent, even if it's just raw intelligence. I have a feeling that lack of intelligence is one of the things holding Patterson back.

The only bad thing from that article is that it's all talking about his potential and him saying how he feels. It's easier to think your heading in the right way and think your doing the right things than it is to actually do it. I don't like the fact that he basically got shut out, got called for 2 penalties, and threw a tantrum after his last game which was only a few weeks ago.

Actions speak a lot louder than words. He has a long way to go. Hopefully he really is trying as much as he says he is.

ROYALWITCHEESE said:
New highlight vid.

If he's that good I would have expected him to dominate the league rather than put up similar numbers to Luke Tasker, another undrafted receiver from the 2013 draft.
Missed 4 games and still had 75-1030 (good for 3rd in the league) and 7 TD (good for 2nd).It's not the stats. He passes the eye test. Tall, long arms, wins jump balls and contested catches, good moves and quickness for a big man, and enough speed to outrun people.
I won't disagree with the eye test, but the CFL is a very difficult league to evaluate way. These stats show that he only missed two games:

Code:
 CFL Receiving Yards | Showing Top 50  >> Show 51-100  	Player 	        Team 	GP 	Rec 	Average Yards1 	Adarius Bowman 	EDM 	17 	112 	13.00 	14562 	ClarencDenmark 	WIN 	18 	65 	16.62 	10803 	Duron Carter 	MONT 	15 	75 	13.73 	10304 	Chad Owens 	TOR 	11 	86 	11.50 	9895 	Luke Tasker 	HAM 	17 	72 	13.01 	937

The watch is on. He can sign a futures contract starting today. I got him in all three of my dynasty leagues, so here's hoping the hype hits overdrive and I can flip him for a nice profit.

@mattvensel: #Vikings great Cris Carter tweeted earlier today that his son, Duron, a standout CFL wide receiver, will meet with the #Vikings on Jan. 9.

The watch is on. He can sign a futures contract starting today. I got him in all three of my dynasty leagues, so here's hoping the hype hits overdrive and I can flip him for a nice profit.
:no:

Per the article in the OP:

As per NFL rules, given the nature of Carter's contract, he can begin negotiating with and working out for NFL clubs on Dec. 1, per an NFL Management Council source, but can't formally sign a contract until February.

:no:

Per the article in the OP:

As per NFL rules, given the nature of Carter's contract, he can begin negotiating with and working out for NFL clubs on Dec. 1, per an NFL Management Council source, but can't formally sign a contract until February.
Futures contract.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1947667-everything-you-need-to-know-about-nfl-futures-contracts

The only difference is that it doesn't take effect until the start of the next League Year (this year, that's March 11 at 4 p.m, per CBS Sports).

Teams can sign players to futures contracts as soon as the previous regular season is over, but the contract won't count against the salary cap or 53-man limit. Instead, it'll count against the salary cap and 90-man camp limit of the following season.

In the meantime, the player goes on the reserve/futures list and can't be signed by any other team.

Who's Eligible for a Futures Contract?

Any player who wasn't on an active roster at the end of the outgoing regular season, according to Andrew Brandt of NationalFootballPost.com. So, if a player was an unrestricted free agent or on any team's practice squad, after Week 17, they can be signed to a futures contract.

Rotoworld:

Duron Carter - WR - Free Agent

Free agent WR Duron Carter visited the Bucs on Tuesday.

Cris' son, Duron is a 2013 undrafted free agent who headed to the CFL's Montreal Alouettes after character concerns scared NFL teams off of him. Carter caught 124 passes for 1,939 yards and 12 touchdowns across two seasons north of the border. According to CBS' Jason La Canfora, he's also expected to visit Minnesota, Kansas City and Indianapolis.

Related: Buccaneers

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Dec 30 - 5:43 PM

A reference to when Duron can sign with a team:

Buccaneers give Duron Carter a tryout

Posted by Mike Wilkening on December 30, 2014, 8:09 PM EST
Duron Carter, Terrell Maze
AP

The Buccaneers have put one of the CFL’s top receivers through a workout.

Montreal Alouettes wideout Duron Carter went through a tryout for Tampa Bay on Tuesday, a league source told PFT’s Mike Florio.

The 23-year-old Carter finished third in the CFL in receiving yards in 2014 (1,030). He is the son of Hall of Fame wide receiver Cris Carter. Duron Carter (6-5, 205) had collegiate stints at Ohio State and Alabama.

Carter can first sign with an NFL team on February 10.

The Buccaneers have a solid WR tandem in Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson, and the club recently signed third receiver Louis Murphy to a new contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/30/buccaneers-give-duron-carter-a-tryout/

I wish Duron Carter the best of luck in his NFL career but there is no way I am buying in until he is lighting up the scoreboard in preseason. This 3 page thread on him is premature speculation.

I wish Duron Carter the best of luck in his NFL career but there is no way I am buying in until he is lighting up the scoreboard in preseason. This 3 page thread on him is premature speculation.
So you wouldn't buy him as an offeason WW pickup?

Just to see how things play out?

Last edited by a moderator:
then you'll be too late.
You do realize that the hype is already high on this kid? If you wait until he even lights up one preseason game it is going to cost you a 1st in a future draft. If anyone is a believer I would pay the 3rd for him now or pick him up off waivers.

Just to see how things play out.?
I agree with Donny. I don't think a guy who flunked out of of three colleges, went undrafted and unsigned in the NFL and a few years later finished a season as the 3rd best wide receiver in the CFL is worth a roster spot. Could he hit? Sure but there are many many prospects with way better odds than this guy.

He went to Ohio State for a minute and Carter is the epitome of million dollar body 5 cent head.

he was a knucklehead in college and that's not in dispute. he's got the physical abilities and skills to thrive in the NFL. more important, i think, is that he's got experience in a pro system and proven to be effective in it. for me, it means he's got a leg up on a lot of the incoming draft talent. it will be easier, quicker to determine if there is *anything* to the guy.

Loan Sharks said:

Just to see how things play out.?
I agree with Donny. I don't think a guy who flunked out of of three colleges, went undrafted and unsigned in the NFL and a few years later finished a season as the 3rd best wide receiver in the CFL is worth a roster spot. Could he hit? Sure but there are many many prospects with way better odds than this guy.

He went to Ohio State for a minute and Carter is the epitome of million dollar body 5 cent head.
I agree as well. It seems the hype here is based far too much on pedigree than anything else. Above, people were talking about a 2nd round rookie pick - way too high a price for what Duron has accomplished,

then you'll be too late.
You do realize that the hype is already high on this kid? If you wait until he even lights up one preseason game it is going to cost you a 1st in a future draft. If anyone is a believer I would pay the 3rd for him now or pick him up off waivers.
You are kidding I hope. Duron Carter is following Emmanuel Arceneaux footsteps. Arceneaux couldn't make the Vikings roster. In most cases people are dropping prospects that have had limited success in the NFL for a player that is not yet made an NFL team. Even if he makes an NFL team do people expect him to ascend the depth chart like he is Victor Cruise. C'mon man. If I had him, I would trade him for a the 3rd pick instantly.

then you'll be too late.
You are kidding I hope. Duron Carter is following Emmanuel Arceneaux footsteps. Arceneaux couldn't make the Vikings roster. In most cases people are dropping prospects that have had limited success in the NFL for a player that is not yet made an NFL team. Even if he makes an NFL team do people expect him to ascend the depth chart like he is Victor Cruise. C'mon man. If I had him, I would trade him for a the 3rd pick instantly.
No one expected Victor Cruz to ascend either.

He was written off by just about every team (undrafted).

I'm not smart enough to know if he will be just like some other CFL player who flames out.

The play (for me) is to have a spot or two for players like that and then to see see what happens.

That's just smart strategy, at least to me.

He's a high upside very low floor play. Any dynasty team should have a spot for guys like that. I would flip for a second round pick now. A third maybe not unless it's a high third.

Where would he be drafted if he signed with the Colts? How about the Vikes? That's the way to determine value iMO.

The guys I tried to dump for him during the season were not second and third round picks.
This is the best point of all. I dropped Bernard Pierce for him. The guy who couldn't get snaps after Rice was suspended and got severely outplayed by a journeyman RB in a RB friendly offense.

then you'll be too late.
Guess you have trouble reading, even though you highlighted the statement. IF ANYONE IS A BELIEVER. When you are drafting in the 3rd round of a rookie draft you pretty much have to be a believer in a kids talent/hype. These are lotto tickets and if someone thinks Carter is a great talent and just needs a chance what is wrong with drafting him in the 3rd. The answer is nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread