What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zac Stacy is the highest drafted 5th round or later NFL pick in dynast (3 Viewers)

Great, Mason's high-profile fumble has a decent chance of making things cloudy again....... <_<
:lol:
what did you hear in the presser? Did Fisher brush it off and promoted him to the first team? That would be sweet...
18 touches to 7 v Cunningham.

0 for Stacy

draw your own conclusions about who is first string now.
How did this ever happen? People told us all offseason that Stacy was talented, he was the starter, Mason wouldn't take his job, etc. I can't fathom how this happened.

Great, Mason's high-profile fumble has a decent chance of making things cloudy again....... <_<
what did you hear in the presser? Did Fisher brush it off and promoted him to the first team? That would be sweet...

0 for Stacy

How did this ever happen? People told us all offseason that Stacy was talented, he was the starter, Mason wouldn't take his job, etc. I can't fathom how this happened.
Im telling you...you need to hold all three for now.

If you gave me odds on who the next one on this team will get 20 carries (if it ever happens), Mason would lead the way...but as a pluralistic leader (i.e. around 40%-45% chance). Stacy would still be #2 in my book and not so far behind; maybe 35%-40%.

So Mason is a clear cut above here as we project this out, but the all-out rush to one side of the see-saw in these threads doesnt make sense....yet.

Going forward, Stacy is going to be nothing more than Mason's handcuff, with Cunningham being the change of pace back/3rd down back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going forward, Stacy is going to be nothing more than Mason's handcuff, with Cunningham being the change of pace back/3rd down back.
If Stacy is not the regular RB anymore, then why wouldnt he be the 3rd down/change of pace?

Stacy struggled in yds/route last year, but was was outstanding in the pass game in September and is a very good blocker. He has just as much chance as Cunningham in that scenario.

But that's not the reason to roster him. The reason to roster him is that the situation overall is certainly pushing hard in Mason's direction, but it is still fluid.

Tango said:

0 for Stacy

Im telling you...you need to hold all three for now.

If you gave me odds on who the next one on this team will get 20 carries (if it ever happens), Mason would lead the way...but as a pluralistic leader (i.e. around 40%-45% chance). Stacy would still be #2 in my book and not so far behind; maybe 35%-40%.

So Mason is a clear cut above here as we project this out, but the all-out rush to one side of the see-saw in these threads doesnt make sense....yet.
I am holding all 3 and am going to stick it for a couple of weeks to see how this shakes out. For now, all 3 are benched.

Ketamine Dreams said:
Anyone holding him yet? What about in dynasty?
I'm holding through the trade deadline in redraft. Not a chance I would cut him in dynasty. He hasn't gotten it done this year, but I've seen enough to know what he can do.

Anyone holding him yet? What about in dynasty?
I'm holding through the trade deadline in redraft. Not a chance I would cut him in dynasty. He hasn't gotten it done this year, but I've seen enough to know what he can do.
Yeah, hard to cut in dynasty, but last week wasn't real promising for him. I don't know, but think this coach speak about him is just a smokescreen. Mason looks too good.

:tumbleweed: Did Stacy even make the trip to AZ?
You wouldnt know it if he did. 0 snaps and from what I can tell 0 on special teams. Tre Watts was the inactive. Im surprised that they're keeping him active given the special teams role, or lack thereof.

If he's active, then use him. If not, get Watts in on ST and decactivate him. Unfortunately, with this routine by Fisher of keeping him active, we could be surprised at any time with a Stacy appearance...and, given our luck, he'll have the "hot-hand". :doh:

You wouldnt know it if he did. 0 snaps and from what I can tell 0 on special teams. Tre Watts was the inactive. Im surprised that they're keeping him active given the special teams role, or lack thereof.

If he's active, then use him. If not, get Watts in on ST and decactivate him. Unfortunately, with this routine by Fisher of keeping him active, we could be surprised at any time with a Stacy appearance...and, given our luck, he'll have the "hot-hand". :doh:
Come on... Stacy is as irrelevant as possible now I know you know this

Come on... Stacy is as irrelevant as possible nowI know you know this
We agree, dont we?

Deactivate him if he is not playing ST. While active, all Stacy can down is torment us.

Rotoworld:

Zac Stacy - RB - Jets

The Newark Star-Ledger doesnt expect the Jets to keep Zac Stacy.

With Stevan Ridley sidelined, Stacy is running behind Chris Ivory at training camp. Reporter Darryl Slater expects the Jets to carry only three running backs. Stacy needs Ridley to open the season on reserve/PUP to avoid getting cut.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Aug 5 - 5:20 PM

Rotoworld:

Zac Stacy - RB - Jets

With Stevan Ridley sidelined, Stacy is running behind Chris Ivory at training camp. Reporter Darryl Slater expects the Jets to carry only three running backs. Stacy needs Ridley to open the season on reserve/PUP to avoid getting cut.

I don't expect the Jets to keep Ridley.

Rotoworld:

Zac Stacy - RB - Jets

I don't expect the Jets to keep Ridley.
Good posting....

Ivory costs 2m to keep, 750k to cut (vs cap, no guaranteed money left)

Ridley costs 1.25m to keep, 80k to cut (vs cap, no guaranteed money left)

Stacy costs 575k to keep, 0k to cut (vs cap, no guaranteed money left)

Powell costs 1.25 to keep, 750k to cut (vs cap, no guaranteed money left)

Richardsson costs 585k to keep, 0k to cut (vs cap, no guaranteed money left)

The only RB with a contract for the 2016 season is Stacy, everyone else is UFA

Rotoworld:

Zac Stacy ate up 68 yards on 20 rushes and added two catches for 30 yards and a touchdown in Thursday’s preseason win over the Eagles.

It wasn’t the most efficient effort in the world, though Stacy made a few nice plays including a 25-yard catch on a screen from Matt Flynn. Stacy will finish the preseason with 154 rushing yards on 44 carries and seven catches for another 79 yards and two touchdowns. He’ll open the season third on the running back depth chart.

Sep 3 - 11:14 PM

Users who are viewing this thread