What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zac Stacy is the highest drafted 5th round or later NFL pick in dynast (3 Viewers)

I was all set to bench Stacy today on the road vs TB with Davis starting at QB...

Then I read both Buc starting DEs are out for today. STL is obviously going to try to protect their inexperienced QB by committing to the run game. The question is, can they?

My other options at RB are very weak this week. I don't want to turn this into a WDIS, so I won't ask anyone to compare them.

I'm just wondering if any Stacy owners see a ever-so-slight glimmer of hope this week or if he's still nailed to your bench?

Nice game yesterday. What we've learned:

-Zac Stacy is the heart of this offense yet again

-Stacy's YPC went down as they were aligning for the winning FGA and being safe with the ball; 3-4 attempts for 1 yd maybe? Otherwise, for having no runs of greater than 15yds, he looked good....getting significant yds after contact and moving the chains

-Cunningham hasnt materialized as much of a threat at all running the ball. Benny also missed a block or two in pass pro. If Mason was going to make a move to #2, now would be his chance....but apparently Mason isnt progressing as expected.

-The fumble Stacy had was one where he will not be blamed in the film room. A random foot from a player that was diving someplace kicked it loose.

-The offense is centered around run & play-action pass/boots. It reminds me of what Seattle tries to do, but with less talent at all spots. If they can keep games close, then they'll be able to pass effectively and move the chains. But until the Rams can pass effectively when everyone knows they're passing, then defenses will continue to load up on the run and that will limit Rams RB potential

Prognosis:

Stacy will face a mess of 8 man fronts yet again this year. But all signs through two games show that he will be the centerpiece of the offense and will likely be as rock-steady a #2 RB as you can have. But asking for RB1 stats from a Rams RB this year is asking too much.

Nice game yesterday. What we've learned:

-Zac Stacy is the heart of this offense yet again

-Stacy's YPC went down as they were aligning for the winning FGA and being safe with the ball; 3-4 attempts for 1 yd maybe? Otherwise, for having no runs of greater than 15yds, he looked good....getting significant yds after contact and moving the chains

-Cunningham hasnt materialized as much of a threat at all running the ball. Benny also missed a block or two in pass pro. If Mason was going to make a move to #2, now would be his chance....but apparently Mason isnt progressing as expected.

-The fumble Stacy had was one where he will not be blamed in the film room. A random foot from a player that was diving someplace kicked it loose.

-The offense is centered around run & play-action pass/boots. It reminds me of what Seattle tries to do, but with less talent at all spots. If they can keep games close, then they'll be able to pass effectively and move the chains. But until the Rams can pass effectively when everyone knows they're passing, then defenses will continue to load up on the run and that will limit Rams RB potential

Prognosis:

Stacy will face a mess of 8 man fronts yet again this year. But all signs through two games show that he will be the centerpiece of the offense and will likely be as rock-steady a #2 RB as you can have. But asking for RB1 stats from a Rams RB this year is asking too much.
Two steps forward, one step back...I guess it's good it's not the other way around.

Stacy looked as good as he has in his career this week. He looked quick and showed excellent leverage as he took hits, bled off them, and racked up more yards...whether on the ground or as a dump-off option in the passing game. Davis' pick-6 came on a target to Stacy, but it was clearly Davis' fault as he didnt see the LB creeping into the look-in-pass area. Stacy did not convert on a 4th and 1 which looked like a slow developing trap-play and also got stopped on a 2nd and goal from the 1. PFF gave Stacy a very high plus rating and it was well deserved.

Stacy's disappearance in the second quarter remains unexplained. That caused his total snap % to dip below 50%. The rest of the game seemed normal for the team's #1 RB; at around 60-70%. Yet again Cunningham did not take advantage of the opportunity going 9 for 32 (3.22 YPC) vs Stacy's 12 for 67 and 5 catches on 6 targets for and 54 yds.

Tre Mason was again inactive with Trey Watts getting the nod at #3; he went 5 for 24. Jared Cook and Kenny Britt both had 1 carry each.

When push comes to shove it was a good day with strong total yards and strong yds per snap and yds per touch. Now to comb the papers to figure out where he disappeared to in the second quarter. If it was just to work Benny in more, then such experiments should come to an end soon. it is very clear who the best back on this team is right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the brutal upcoming schedule, middling offense, and the injury, are you guys trying to move Stacy while there's still some semblance of value? Obviously you probably aren't gonna get much but it's hard to see him retaining his current value over the next few weeks, let alone getting any better. This could get real bad real soon.

Early 4th and he has 8 carries, Cunningham 5 (GL work), Mason 5, and even Austin 3.

He's barely been in at all during the second half.

It was fun while it lasted.

I really like Stacy. Watching him closely for two years has really made me a believer in him. Yeah, he's not explosive, but he's a proto-typical RB. But with all these RB's touching the ball, in that division...Stacy's outlook isn't great. The annoying RB in this potential RBBC is Cunningham, because Cunningham really doesn't do anything better than Stacy, so they just kill each other's value.

shader said:
I really like Stacy. Watching him closely for two years has really made me a believer in him. Yeah, he's not explosive, but he's a proto-typical RB. But with all these RB's touching the ball, in that division...Stacy's outlook isn't great. The annoying RB in this potential RBBC is Cunningham, because Cunningham really doesn't do anything better than Stacy, so they just kill each other's value.
I own stacy ,have since last year, and i can say that Cunningham just runs harder . Stacy runs forward and into a pile of defenders while Benny has a few juke moves and gains more yards. I say Benny is running better .

Rotoworld:

Zac Stacy - RB - Rams

Zac Stacy played on just 26-of-76 snaps (34.2 percent) in Monday night's loss to the 49ers.

Stacy is still the "starter," but he's been getting outplayed by Benny Cunningham (39 snaps) since the preseason. The Rams are now turning to a committee. Tre Mason (nine snaps) will continue to earn more and more looks as the team's best pure runner at the expense of Stacy. Owners should not want to mess with this backfield as starting options right now, especially against the Seahawks in Week 7.

Related: Benny Cunningham, Tre Mason

Source: profootballfocus.com

Oct 14 - 10:51 AM

I own Stacy in 2 out of 3 dynasties.

He is at his best when there is a hole to slam through - or at least space to accelerate. At that point, he can fully leverage his superb lower body strength and very low center of gravity to break tackles and, in general, plow through defenders. Elusiveness is definitely not his strength, but when the holes are there - like last season - that wasn't a problem at all. Highlights abound.

This season there are no holes and no space to exploit. I don't follow OL enough to have a theory why, but it is clearly a very different dynamic in the StL offence. The current OL yields very different types of opportunities, much more around the edge. Tre Mason (who is very similar style-wise to the departed Daryl Richardson) seems much better equipped to produce in that setting.

When not coming from concussion, [SIZE=13.63636302948px]Stacy will still be guaranteed maybe half the snaps because of his vastly superior pass protection skills, but that's about it. [/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px]It doesn't look good for us owners unless you are in a heavy TD-premium league. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Though as a Stacy owner I at least counlt enjoy watching Tre Mason get mauled every time by the 49ers rushers.[/SIZE]

I wish McKinnon were available.

I'm not sure it makes sense to cut Stacy for Mason, which seems to be my best option.
I'm doing it in a redraft, since I think I've seen enough of STL this season to know that he won't be THE back there. Therefore I won't be starting him this season on my team and Mason might(!) take the job and run away with it.

A case of choosing the unknown over the uninspiring known I guess.

I have him in a 10 teamer and will be dropping him for guys like Odell Beckham, Andre Holmes and Jerick McKinnon instead. I might be a bit more hesitant to part with him in 12 teamers or if good waiver options are unavailable.

Rotoworld:

Zac Stacy - RB - Rams

Speaking Tuesday, Rams coach Jeff Fisher confirmed there were "no physical issues" with Zac Stacy in Monday's loss to the 49ers.

Fisher said the team simply wanted to use three running backs, and has "no problem" using a committee going forward. Stacy was the Rams' least-successful runner against the 49ers, managing only 17 yards on eight carries. Benny Cunningham went 7/21, while rookie Tre Mason took the rock five times for 40 yards. We wouldn't call Stacy outright droppable in 12-team leagues, but this situation promises to be a mess for weeks to come, especially against the Seahawks' elite run defense in Week 7.

Related: Benny Cunningham, Tre Mason

Source: Jim Thomas on Twitter

Oct 14 - 7:31 PM

Rotoworld:

Zac Stacy (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.

Coach Jeff Fisher said there were "no physical issues" with Stacy in Monday's loss to the 49ers, but he's now apparently dealing with an ankle injury. Benny Cunningham led the Rams' backfield in snaps in Week 6, with Tre Mason also mixing in. Stacy's status will be updated again on Thursday.

Source: Jim Thomas on Twitter
Oct 15 - 7:05 PM

Rotoworld:

Zac Stacy - RB - Rams

Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer confirmed the team is using a "hot hand" approach at running back.

"Early in the game, we try to get guys multiple touches," Schottenheimer said, "then we try to go with the hot hand late in the game." The approach explains why Zac Stacy has averaged 12.2 carries this season after seeing 20.8 carries a start last season. With Tre Mason now in the mix, Stacy should see his share of the workload fall even farther. He is not worth a start against the Seahawks this week, and could be playing himself out of fantasy relevancy.

Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch
Oct 18 - 10:52 AM

3.9ypc shouldve been your first clue.

grabbing the best RB in the draft this year shouldve been your second.

3.9ypc shouldve been your first clue.

grabbing the best RB in the draft this year shouldve been your second.
Have you played fantasy football before? Stacy was was a high-plus RB in PFF in September and was actually the difference in one game for a win for me already this year. If you read upstream, you'd see many we're wise enough to handcuff him w/2 cheap guys whose value both plummeted in August due to inept pass blocking and other reasons; and Mason may turn out to be awesome or not someday, whatever...we got him cheaper than we thought we would in the Spring.

So we all continue along riding the '13 Stacy wave and hopefully a Mason '14 wave, but it's plain stupidity to try to knock Stacy 24/7.

Why are you betting on one horse? I just dont understand the religious zeal...

Stacy is a good back.

Cunningham is TBD...I hope he's awesome, dont know yet

Mason is TBD, promising and was dirt cheap, but who knows where we'll be in a month

Rotoworld:

Zac Stacy didn't register a single touch in the Rams' Week 7 win over the Seahawks.

Benny Cunningham got the start for the Rams, with Stacy playing just one snap all afternoon. But it was Tre Mason who took control of the backfield by out-touching Cunningham 18-7. Stacy isn't injured, as he was seen on the sideline just waiting to see if he'd play. He simply hasn't been effective all season, and the Rams are making a switch. Stacy can now safely be dropped in 12- and 14-team leagues as the Rams' No. 3 running back. He's a slow mover who doesn't do anything in the pass game. He's Matt Asiata and Shonn Greene's child.

Oct 19 - 4:42 PM

Great, Mason's high-profile fumble has a decent chance of making things cloudy again....... <_<
:lol:
what did you hear in the presser? Did Fisher brush it off and promoted him to the first team? That would be sweet...
18 touches to 7 v Cunningham.

0 for Stacy

draw your own conclusions about who is first string now.
Oh, yeah..that I could see anywhere including the 10 times you posted it already. :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread