What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Treylon Burks, TEN (1 Viewer)

He wasn't 'involved in the offense" and "far better."
He got a couple shots his way and really nothing else. It was much of the same.

I was very much ooh the OC heard our cries but...nope

The announcers made a valid point yesterday. He was an excellent blocker as a rookie and his effort isn't there this year.
That matters if you're a new coach or OC next year or a GM planning on him being the third or fourth option. He better fix that.
Rookie year he'd plow into some guys like oh yeah he definitely is a big boy WR. It's nothing like that this year

Expectant that the Titans draft a WR, Burks should be the 3.
He'll do well in camp since he always does.

Questionable usage, health issues have been common.

He IS headed towards bust label but there also isn't this big concern of effort, attitude, poor routes, or a ton of drops.

I have no expectations for him.
He's a fine last pick in FF I guess.

I do think it's quite possible he's traded if they can get a third. He's from the old regime and it's the middle of a rebuild so I also figure almost anyone is liked to be traded.
It's possible a new start would do him some good. It's possible training w Nuk (and Henry) is what he needs in a sort of normal off-season and not an injury recovery off-season.

What I like about him for FF (in solely deep leagues) is he's available for a sandwich and has a very high ceiling so it's a super casual risk

He IS headed towards bust label but there also isn't this big concern of effort, attitude, poor routes, or a ton of drops.

I do think it's quite possible he's traded if they can get a third. He's from the old regime and it's the middle of a rebuild so I also figure almost anyone is liked to be traded.
It's possible a new start would do him some good. It's possible training w Nuk (and Henry) is what he needs in a sort of normal off-season and not an injury recovery off-season.

What I like about him for FF (in solely deep leagues) is he's available for a sandwich and has a very high ceiling so it's a super casual risk
I see a lot of discussion between WR and OT at 7 (typically around Odunze vs. Alt) from Titans channels. As our resident Titans insider, does that seem like the most likely route to you as well?

I see a lot of discussion between WR and OT at 7 (typically around Odunze vs. Alt) from Titans channels. As our resident Titans insider, does that seem like the most likely route to you as well?
Absolutely
Callahan spoke of adding Chase over Sewell because his default is guys that can score TDs first.
Carthon mentioned how the T spot has plagued the organization for years.
Both mentioned the other position.
Their visits mesh up with drafting either spot.

Every thing points to it

Absolutely
Callahan spoke of adding Chase over Sewell because his default is guys that can score TDs first.
Carthon mentioned how the T spot has plagued the organization for years.
Both mentioned the other position.
Their visits mesh up with drafting either spot.

Every thing points to it
Seems there’s basically 4 options. Nabers, Rome, Alt, or trade down.
Figure 3 QBs go top 6. While I like to think MH and Nabers or Rome also go top 6, Alt might be gone. Either odunze or Nabers would be fine but only if they sign Onwenu imo.

Reactions: Bri
I don't know if he will ever be a good WR in the league but he has shown flashes that he can play. His problem is he hasn't been healthy and put together a full season. I think his longest stretch of games is 5 in a row or something like that.

Maybe he always struggles with injuries but if I could get him cheap in dynasty I'd be willing to stash. He's only 23 and still is young.

In redraft I think he's going 13-14th round. I'd even be willing to throw a dart at him at the end of the draft as a guy with upside. If he doesn't do anything early I can cut him without worry. Maybe a new system/coaching staff can get him rolling.

🤷‍♂️ I’m stubborn and still think he can be a good WR. Not a 1, but a decent 2.
I traded likely for him (which I could definitely regret)
He’s definitely worth a stash. Still only 23 and between injuries and the QB play, hard for me to say he’s a bust at this point.

Picked him up for basically free in a contract league where he was dropped because the guy needed the money freed up. Hopefully turn into something useful.

As much as I bash on Burks, he will be the starting WR on that team. Take that for what it is worth.

This one dynasty team I have, with Rashod Bateman, Treylon Burks and Quentin Johnston is gonna crush this year, I can feel it.

No joke, all three of these guys on one team. I probably have Tamarick Vanover on that team somewhere.

This one dynasty team I have, with Rashod Bateman, Treylon Burks and Quentin Johnston is gonna crush this year, I can feel it.

No joke, all three of these guys on one team. I probably have Tamarick Vanover on that team somewhere.
Are there support groups for this? If not, you probably could start one.

I don't know if he will ever be a good WR in the league but he has shown flashes that he can play. His problem is he hasn't been healthy and put together a full season. I think his longest stretch of games is 5 in a row or something like that.

Maybe he always struggles with injuries but if I could get him cheap in dynasty I'd be willing to stash. He's only 23 and still is young.

In redraft I think he's going 13-14th round. I'd even be willing to throw a dart at him at the end of the draft as a guy with upside. If he doesn't do anything early I can cut him without worry. Maybe a new system/coaching staff can get him rolling.
Interesting.
I haven't seen him drafted since "Titans to select a WR" or to trade for Tee Higgins talk.

No one seems to think a Titans 3rd WR would be worth anything for FF and I can understand that.

Ol Nuk and rookie struggles.
It's the Cincy offense with adjustments in the run game that they all brought ideas for(yes no one knows what that means and many assume it's 'is Henry on the team'). Bengals use 3 WRs well.

I assume everyone is thinking- yeah that's like variables in top of variables, I'll draft someone else

Interesting.
I haven't seen him drafted since "Titans to select a WR" or to trade for Tee Higgins talk.

No one seems to think a Titans 3rd WR would be worth anything for FF and I can understand that.

Ol Nuk and rookie struggles.
It's the Cincy offense with adjustments in the run game that they all brought ideas for(yes no one knows what that means and many assume it's 'is Henry on the team'). Bengals use 3 WRs well.

I assume everyone is thinking- yeah that's like variables in top of variables, I'll draft someone else
I've learned to never right anyone off. Zay Jones says hi!

Seriously though, there is a lot that can happen through FA and the NFL draft and we will see which direction TEN goes. If I'm in a redraft league and I'm looking at WRs at the end of the draft and Burks is sitting there I would take a shot on him. It used to take 2-3 years for WRs to figure things out and he might be a late bloomer. Him not staying healthy has really hurt his growth and development. I think with his asthma and other injuries it is taking him some time to get his footing. Maybe the injuries never really go away and he ends up doing nothing in the NFL - that is fine if he was a last pick in a draft.

I'm just saying I wouldn't write him off just quite yet - I keep an open mind just in case. Right now at least his draft stock doesn't cost you much at all.

Not sure I'd use Zay Jones as a comeback reference, but I suppose if Burks put up an 82/800/5 season in '24 I'd be alright with that.

Not sure I'd use Zay Jones as a comeback reference, but I suppose if Burks put up an 82/800/5 season in '24 I'd be alright with that.
Haha true, I wanted to throw a low one out there but yeah there are definitely other better ones.

Matt Harmon
One thing I didn’t mention in the moment but thought about after, I wonder if the Ridley deal moves Treylon Burks into the slot.

RP subscribers know I was below consensus on him as a prospect and thought he had to play as a low volume big slot. He has only played outside in the pros and it’s been a mess. New staff/GM could justifiably just not be interested in that experiment but a three WR set of Hopkins (X), Ridley (flanker) and Burks (power slot) works on paper. Something to consider as they try to round out what was a super light receiver room.

I'll deal you Marquise Brown, Michael Thomas, and Elijah Moore for your trio straight up.

Matt Harmon
One thing I didn’t mention in the moment but thought about after, I wonder if the Ridley deal moves Treylon Burks into the slot.

RP subscribers know I was below consensus on him as a prospect and thought he had to play as a low volume big slot. He has only played outside in the pros and it’s been a mess. New staff/GM could justifiably just not be interested in that experiment but a three WR set of Hopkins (X), Ridley (flanker) and Burks (power slot) works on paper. Something to consider as they try to round out what was a super light receiver room.
The Titans run this play where the outside WR runs in then a diagonal slant...often. it's very slot-ish looking.
Burks was Deebo in college. He got carries and had a tough brute style. He's had some minimal carries in the NFL but he gets absolutely rocked when he does. He does not put his shoulder down and run with the ball like a guy you'd give carries to.
The Titans have had two excellent slots in Adam Humphries from Tampa that was the top free agent WR and Kyle Phillips. Phillips is such a a good route runner in camp that even the national reporters show up for a day and write how impressed they were.
Humphries didn't get a lot of snaps and wasn't very good. Phillips can't stay healthy or hold onto punts so he's kind of difficult to even have active on gameday.
But it's been pretty tough for anyone to beat that out in camp or the staff to even have a reason to play someone else in the slot.
Burks has been excellent each summer. Exactly what you want. Big bod, sure hands, one handed catches, speed to go deep- the whole package.
Chig isn't a good inline blocker and will play the slot too.
He's had two significant concussions. The bad type doctors come on radio and TV to discuss.
There may be an excuse/reason in those, maybe.
All in all he hasn't done much in the regular season. All the whining of this guy or that guy open and not getting the ball....it's rarely been him even.
He's trained with Hopkins. He's trained with other pro WRs. He's supposedly going to spend more time with Nuk.
We'll see what happens.

If he can shed the bust label it would be huge but right now he is what he is

I'll deal you Marquise Brown, Michael Thomas, and Elijah Moore for your trio straight up.
🤷‍♂️ I have Burks, Kyle Phillips, NWI and Chris Moore on my main dynasty team. :excited:

🤷‍♂️ I have Burks, Kyle Phillips, NWI and Chris Moore on my main dynasty team. :excited:
Dude.

With NWi re-signed, Burks has some pressure in a square peg way.
He doesn't play ST and can't be a four or five then.
If they're drafting a WR we may see Burks traded.

NWI is a fine four or five. I don't recall Moore's status but he'd be too

Alright? That feels like a 95% outcome at this point.
Yeah the fact his production from Y1 to Y2 literally was cut in half despite playing the same number of games is a truly awful sign. I was dead wrong on this guy, he's 99% to be a total fail at this point.

Last edited:
Rumored to be on the trade block. Would anyone even give a 5th? 2 years left on rookie deal. $3.9 and $4.5 in cap amounts.

Rumored to be on the trade block. Would anyone even give a 5th? 2 years left on rookie deal. $3.9 and $4.5 in cap amounts.
Not to a new team it wouldn't be. TEN would eat over $1.9M dead money on each year, so the new team only gets $1.56M and $2.645M respectively. Pretty darn minimal for a former 1st rounder, I wouldn't mind LVR taking that shot.

Not to a new team it wouldn't be. TEN would eat over $1.9M dead money on each year, so the new team only gets $1.56M and $2.645M respectively. Pretty darn minimal for a former 1st rounder, I wouldn't mind LVR taking that shot.
Cheap but name one time that move worked

Define worked. For $2M cap hit if we any impact or injury replacement at all it's a huge win.

I guess the other answer is "every 3rd year breakout WR ever". Teams just rarely trade the guy that's on that cheap of a contract so you don't see them change teams before it is the big difference.

I guess the other answer is "every 3rd year breakout WR ever". Teams just rarely trade the guy that's on that cheap of a contract so you don't see them change teams before it is the big difference.
Right my point is a guy who is that cheap and the team is totally fine getting him out of the building

Right my point is a guy who is that cheap and the team is totally fine getting him out of the building
Anything with him is "fair enough" phrase.
He's had two serious concussions.
He's missed time.
He looks great in camp.
He has this or that physical trait
Lots of TV and Radio people complained of his usage and questioned Kelly. Vrabel said he (and Henry) would get more work but he really didn't.
Moving on and moving forward both make so much sense

Nate Washington on the radio was saying he thinks the pressure is off and the setup- two talented WRs outside, him in big slot like in college- is ideal for him. Said it'd be a breakout year for Burks.
His prediction was 6-800 yards

Well I wasn't predicting anything, I was replying to the comment Burks was rumored to be on the trade block and the cap implications of such a trade.

Well I wasn't predicting anything, I was replying to the comment Burks was rumored to be on the trade block and the cap implications of such a trade.
I know, just adding to the topic that it’s a move that doesn’t work out even with the cheap price.

Tennessee is quietly assembling some nice ingredients. I hope their O Line play improves. I'm rooting for Treylon...I think he has big play potential.

Callahan gave an in depth discussion about positions and needs today.
He said how they need someone in the slot and possibly someone to step up in the slot. He mentioned (depth) names and NOT Treylon Burks.

We'll see if that's indicative of a future trade or maybe he wants him to focus on an outside spot or what

Users who are viewing this thread