What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Treylon Burks, TEN (1 Viewer)

Burks got dropped in a short bench empire dynasty league I'm in. What % FAAB does he go for?
You have to be pretty deep at WR to take a stabat him IMO. I think since he has done about zero all year you can get him very cheap. I still have him rostered for exactly 2 reasons. First I think he is the best WR on the team except hopkins and 2 Hopkins is soon to be collecting social security and has been dealing with game missing injuries for years.

I mean Burks hasn’t exactly been the picture of health himself.

Treylon Burks (knee) will not play in Week 5 against the Colts.

Burks missed Week 4 with the knee issue and was not able to practice at all this week, so it’s no surprise that he was ruled out for Week 5. The Titans play the Ravens in Week 6 and then get their bye. It’s possible, if not likely, that the team chooses to hold Burks out for one more game to lengthen his recovery time. Fantasy managers in shallow leagues can cut Burks for someone off the wire given how long it could be until he retakes the field and the lackluster state of the Titans’ offense.

Titans head coach Mike Vrabel said he hopes Treylon Burks (knee) can start running this week.
When asked about Burks’ status for Week 6 against the Ravens, Vrabel said, “We’ll see.” Burks hasn’t played since Week 3 and would seem to be a long shot to suit up in London against the Ravens. With Burks sidelined, DeAndre Hopkins has dominated all facets of the Titans’ passing offense. He’ll be a top-12 option against Baltimore. Burks is a hold for now.

Dropped in my 16 team league... Anyone have hope? I am thinking worth a bench stash as his upside is a lot greater than the other guys on my bench.

I think he’s a good wr in a different situation but they want to run all day, their qb is done and then he has to contend with Hopkins. Just not the consistent opportunity that I’m looking for. Drafted and dropped him in several leagues.

what a lost season for Burks - if they just let him heal up from that summer knee injury.....rushed back and now useless

Titans head coach Mike Vrabel said Treylon Burks (knee) practiced during the team’s bye week.
Burks has missed the Titans’ past three games with a knee injury he picked up in Week 2. He seems good to go after the team’s bye week, though Ryan Tannehill’s ankle injury likely means Burks will be nothing more than a desperation WR4 option in deeper formats. He’s a bench stash for now.

Boy he feels like a HUGE bust at this point in a dynasty league...top 5 at his position coming out and he's given his owners little to nothing...

Treylon Burks (knee) was a full participant in Wednesday’s practice.
Burks missed three games with the knee issue. If his full status is any indication, the Titans’ Week 7 bye appears to have been enough rest for the young receiver to get back in action. Burks will return to an offense with some combination of Will Levis and Malik Willis at the helm. Though it’s good to see him getting back in the lineup, fantasy managers can keep Burks on the bench until Ryan Tannehill returns.

With Levis looking good last week, anyone thinking Burks could be a significant fantasy contributor going forward?

Burks entered the league with stud potential and now has a QB that may be capable of helping him reach that potential. With Hopkins drawing the most defensive attention, Burks may find himself on the receiving end of many Levis’ deep balls.

Additionally, Hopkins is a little long in the tooth, so it wouldn’t be surprising to see him miss time at some point. In fact, he’s supposedly dealing with a toe injury right now. (Turf toe?) If Hopkins misses time, and Burks can flip the proverbial switch, Levis-to-Burks could be a major thing, no?

Last edited:
Yes. Definitely potential long term play if Levis is legit. Hoping he doesn’t break out this week so I can stash next week but probably will tonight.

Burks' biggest issue has been injuries, especially poorly timed issues. It seems like the knee injury in camp was still affecting him before he missed a few weeks this year as well. He seemed fast in a straight line but super stiff anywhere else. Hopefully he can string some good weeks together.

He had 2 nice downfield targets last week in his first game back. The first he didn't really go up and get it, and it was knocked away. It was a nice throw and I thought burks' was a bit passive giving the defense a chance to bat it. The second he went up and got nicely, but the throw was just a bit out of bounds. His 3rd target was a quick out on 4th and 3 where he converted but it came back for an offensive penalty.

Burks' biggest issue has been injuries, especially poorly timed issues. It seems like the knee injury in camp was still affecting him before he missed a few weeks this year as well. He seemed fast in a straight line but super stiff anywhere else. Hopefully he can string some good weeks together.

He had 2 nice downfield targets last week in his first game back. The first he didn't really go up and get it, and it was knocked away. It was a nice throw and I thought burks' was a bit passive giving the defense a chance to bat it. The second he went up and got nicely, but the throw was just a bit out of bounds. His 3rd target was a quick out on 4th and 3 where he converted but it came back for an offensive penalty.
added, just in case

That was a scary play. Yes, he hit his head first on the turf, but his body hit as well very shortly thereafter, so to a layman on his couch who has never participated in real sports whatsoever, it didn’t look terribly bad, but he NEVER MOVED for like minutes upon end, which made me very nervous for his wellbeing, so glad it sounds like he’s relatively ok.

I hate to say it coming off an scary injury like that, but Burks isn't very good.

Levis shows us it wasn't the QB keeping him down.

This guy has had a rough go to start his career. Wish him the best in his recovery. I still believe he could have a decent NFL career and recently traded for him in one dynasty league. It might not be happening this year but if Levis ends up being the QB things could be getting better in TEN for the passing game. Not saying Levis will be good but he likes to sling it which is good for the receivers. Levis chucked it 39 times last night - a number Tannehill hasn't hit in 3 years.

If you believe in the talent I feel this is a buy opportunity. At least the risk/capital of acquiring him is much less than it was last year.

glad he's ok but Ive seen enough. Doesnt make an impact when out there and gets dinged up a lot.
Fair enough, especially in redraft. Could be a multi-week recovery from this head/neck injury? Dynasty I'm willing to be patient as a new owner.

I acquired him a couple weeks back in a league I'm rebuilding in. I wasn't super high on him, but he was the right player to get from owner who is making a run.

Watched some camp and hype videos and my first thought was how slow he looks. There was minimal explosion off the line or out of cuts. However he was a first round pick and has some size, so I felt I could overlook it.

Then I watched the ATL/TEN game and didn't see anything special about the guy. Their #3 and 4 WRs looked better. As one poster mentioned above, he was targeted on a deep route that would have been a huge play, but he didn't even go after the ball in a contested situation. It blows my mind there are still WRs in the NFL who play like that.

Last night was more of the same. He's out there. He's single covered, he just isn't getting open.

I think I want to sell to cut my losses at this point.

added, just in case
And dropped

I acquired him a couple weeks back in a league I'm rebuilding in. I wasn't super high on him, but he was the right player to get from owner who is making a run.

Watched some camp and hype videos and my first thought was how slow he looks. There was minimal explosion off the line or out of cuts. However he was a first round pick and has some size, so I felt I could overlook it.

Then I watched the ATL/TEN game and didn't see anything special about the guy. Their #3 and 4 WRs looked better. As one poster mentioned above, he was targeted on a deep route that would have been a huge play, but he didn't even go after the ball in a contested situation. It blows my mind there are still WRs in the NFL who play like that.

Last night was more of the same. He's out there. He's single covered, he just isn't getting open.

Fair comments. I also saw him still hobbling a little so I'm not sure he was 100% yet. Some of the camp highlights I saw when he was healthy he looked better. I'm not sure he has been 100% since camp though which is another issue.

If you do want to cut bait I'm not sure now is the time as his value is probably at the all time lowest. He's young and he will be back - I'd probably hold until he is back and healthy. He will have a good game where you can sell after if you want out.

Fair comments. I also saw him still hobbling a little so I'm not sure he was 100% yet. Some of the camp highlights I saw when he was healthy he looked better. I'm not sure he has been 100% since camp though which is another issue.

If you do want to cut bait I'm not sure now is the time as his value is probably at the all time lowest. He's young and he will be back - I'd probably hold until he is back and healthy. He will have a good game where you can sell after if you want out.
saw the same, it was a noticeable limp on a few camera shots before the injury. either he tweaked something in this game early or more likely he is still not healthy.

What is the outlook on him for dynasty? Sneaky buy low or is this as bad as it looks?
He's a cheap buy if you can stomach the variance. I had 0 shares until a few weeks back. I've got a handful now on teams where I don't need him this year.
I was quite bullish on him coming out but I don't think I've liked a single thing I have seen from him in the NFL.

Picked him up off the waiver wire in a dynasty league. Yeah, that's where we're at with him. For reference, Skyy Moore is still sitting on the wire.

What is the outlook on him for dynasty? Sneaky buy low or is this as bad as it looks?
He's a cheap buy if you can stomach the variance. I had 0 shares until a few weeks back. I've got a handful now on teams where I don't need him this year.
I was quite bullish on him coming out but I don't think I've liked a single thing I have seen from him in the NFL.
He did some nice things last year. The health stuff is wonky. Let's hope he can stack a few healthy seasons together.

Picked him up off the waiver wire in a dynasty league. Yeah, that's where we're at with him. For reference, Skyy Moore is still sitting on the wire.
No offense, but if guys like Burks and Moore are on your waiver wire, perhaps you should look for a deeper league?

No offense, but if guys like Burks and Moore are on your waiver wire, perhaps you should look for a deeper league?
This league is very competitive, 12 teams, 20 man rosters. It's not loaded with FBGs so it's not a Shark Pool group think league.

He's been injured/dinged up moreso than healthy so the "could develop" will carry on at least another season.

I think we learned with Tua that if a player loses consciousness he has to miss more games but idk. It makes sense

This league is very competitive, 12 teams, 20 man rosters. It's not loaded with FBGs so it's not a Shark Pool group think league.
20 man is fairly small. I prefer dynasty leagues that allow you to take shots on longshots, roster guys like BUrks for a couple of years. My smallest is 12 team 22 roster each

Treylonk Burks (concussion) did not practice Wednesday.

Burks was taken off the field on a stretcher in Week 9 after suffering a concussion while attempting to make a catch. He has been out of practice ever since. There is still time for Burks to return to practice this week, but it looks like he could miss at least one more game while working his way back from the head injury. DeAndre Hopkins will continue to dominate the Titans’ targets in his absence, though that won’t change much once Burks returns.

Treylon Burks (concussion) was upgraded to a full participant on the Titans’ Week 13 injury report against the Colts.

Burks has presumably cleared concussion protocol or is in the final stages of doing such. The second-year tight end should have a shot of suiting up for Week 13 against the Colts, which would mark his first game since Week 9 against the Steelers. Burks has played in five of the Titans’ 11 games this season, totaling eight receptions for 122 yards on 18 targets. Injuries have slowed his growth, but he’ll have six more games to build stock heading into a potential “prove-it” year in 2024.

He hasn't practiced or been in meetings for three weeks Vrabel said- this was his first week back.
At this point, I'd expect him to try and just get some work in and get over whatever (completely reasonable) fear or skittishness he may have and get comfy. Maybe next week or the week after, he needs to show up as the season closes.
Besides camp and spots here n there, he's a total bust and needs to shed that label. He IS, on paper, exactly what they need for Levis.

He's wearing this device on his neck that increases blood flow to the brain. I have no knowledge or anything further just I expect a grace period w that too.

He's had two concussions, once each year, that have knocked him out cold. The last one hurt his neck pretty bad too.

I'm still holding as an end of bench stash in dynasty/keeper. !st round WR in 2nd year marred by injuries and bad QB play. Worth a shot to see how things look next year. Buzz coming in to this year was that the breakout was happening until Hopkins came along then his MCL sprain, Tannehill sucking and then the concussion.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports Treylon Burks (concussion) is expected to play in Week 13 against the Colts.

Burks suffered the concussion in Week 9 and has been out ever since. He returned to practice this week and was upgraded to a full session by Friday. He still needed a final signoff from doctors as of Friday, hence the questionable tag, but appears to have gotten it. Burks will return as a fantasy WR4, offering much more utility to a Titans offense that has desperately needed a second receiving option than he does for fantasy rosters.

Was on waivers in my deep keeper league, so picked him up. Has been an utter bust, but with Hopkins not getting any younger and a new QB at the helm, figured I'd see how he does.

Reactions: Bri
1 yard. I don't know what to do with this guy. I was flipping between games last night, but they just aren't even looking his way.

1 yard. I don't know what to do with this guy. I was flipping between games last night, but they just aren't even looking his way.
I think he’s just not all that good at football. Or perhaps like some other big athletic guys, not that committed to being good at football.

I think he’s just not all that good at football. Or perhaps like some other big athletic guys, not that committed to being good at football.
Between injuries (I know that's not a lot of games), he's shown flashes that he may "belong". I doubt there is anything to do with him right now. Can't cut him, can't trade him.

After week one Vrabel was questioned about Henry and then about Burks and said each time that they were definitely a big part of this offense moving forward.
Last night when he was asked, he sounds like a guy going to get fired for his friend's bad offense
He said he thought the play design to Burks was good on the screen and IIRC mostly blocked well. That they've been trying to calls plays for him.
He said similar about Chig and his improvement recently.
This is not an NFL offense then, it's a child's offense. You can not predetermine who will get the darn ball all the time. You could have these to get someone involved here n there or take advantage of a matchup but no way all the time. It's been so pathetic, so "look at me" like every bad OC's offense and that was the darn icing on the cake to hear him talk.

What's Levis learning with progressions? Would he be better or worse? It's so darn disturbing to hear him talk this play is designed for this guy. Ugh.

Sooo back to Treylon, he's clearly NOT a big part of their plans and plays not called for him. Almost "out of the horses mouth" expression. I don't wholly think it's him. Kelly has fallen in love with NWI too much and he loves Moore too much.

Moore averages one catch per game and is the worst starting WR for every stat listing except ypc. He wants a deep guy- fine- but unless he's named Mervyn or Desean then he better do other things.

NWI has had good moments and he's the only player I ever recall getting faster in the NFL. He's got the work ethic, the teamwork, the ST play, the blocking, he's a valuable FOURTH WR not a starter.

I don't have a prob with Moore or NWI filling in for an injured Burks but to be so clearly preferred is garbage.

So Burks blocks well then quits. Burks runs a fine route then quits. Like a high school kid the coach yells at to play til the end of the whistle. IDK if that's so much a problem as it's pretty typical in the NFL. I don't like it but a ton of WRs do that when they're not getting the ball.

Burks is a well built dude. He's got the arms and thighs. He does not have the thin bod of a typical rookie at all. In year two he got bigger and worked out w Henry and also of course Hopkins and had a great camp and just everything about him seemed so ready to succeed.

In college, he got carries and end arounds and people compared him to Deebo predraft and then no AJB instead and....I don't care, the point is he has the bod and the ability to run. If he's got an OC that loves gadget plays, then why wouldn't you use that guy? He's like custom made for that stuff.

The season was supposed to see the same stuff as other years- Chig and Phillips competing for snaps because of slot usage and two TE usage. Chig has lined out wide. Chig has been in motion and continued going laterally after the snap for a screen. Those are probably Burks' plays!
Arthur, Lafleur, and Downing would have probably tried Burks in Chig's role and flip flopped them in this (few plays) scenario and why not Kelly? They're practically the same size w similar speed and can't really block inline and...if you're mixing it up then why not do it all the way and flip flop?

Last night there were a lot of routes where Burks did fine and I'm yelling give it to him. Good cut, he's got a step or more, oof why not hit him with the pass? There are some he didn't win, he's definitely got improving to do, but there is still oh so clearly an athletic player that can be a tough matchup.

Phillips has been inactive a bunch. When he plays it's like 10-15 plays. Late in games he's gotten some work and maybe the first drive. Almost nothing in between.

I don't think Kelly likes either and the Titans weren't anywhere near good enough with them nevermind ignoring them.

I still think Burks is a player. I still think Phillips slot role limits him but he's one of the best route runners in the NFL. I would be surprised if either of them are Titans next year if Kelly is OC. If he's not, it's gonna be the same "this is their year" talk as this summer for those two. If Burks is elsewhere, I definitely think dust off those projections ya had and not- he's a bust. Ya gotta see him get open and not get the ball. That ain't on him.

I don't like his injury history. I do think two concussions where he lost consciousness and hurt his neck are surprising moreso than concerning. When he's playing, if ya can see him in the camera view, he's absolutely fine. I do lean towards bust like everyone but he's not failing, he's getting open and being ignored so that hits a little different.

Arthur llloves big WRs so naturally I'd guess he could end up there. If Kelly is OC, he's not going to have much trade value. A sixth rounder? I think a lot of teams would raise an eyebrow towards giving up that and we'll be stirring the pot and beating a drum for him next summer again

Users who are viewing this thread