What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Treylon Burks, TEN (2 Viewers)

Glad to hear he’s mostly fine. Never been a fan, still would be worried a little about this injury if I had him anywhere. And a LOT worried in general. Just seems like it’s always going to be something with this guy and I hate his situation in Tennessee.

I doubt it
Best case is six weeks. I saw Ian's but Sirius said different so I googled and saw known Twitter docs. Six as minimum is common everywhere I look.
Three to recovery and three weeks of physical therapy until a return to sports.
I'd guess some researcher went with "three for recovery" and told Ian that.

One Twitter doc explaining two things- lack of blood flow ensures not a speedy recovery.
Rare to have just an LCL injury.

Some reported a hyperextension which is usually out a month if bad- holding the knee sure would be bad.

They both can heal the same time of course but I don't think three weeks is possible

Statistically speaking, some 1st round WRs won't make it. Jamo and Burks looking like those guys from that class. Olave and Wilson seem like surefire hits. Dotson and London aren't for sure yet but seem to be knocking on the door (I actually prefer Dotson). That said, I suppose it's like a coin flip and the result of one flip doesn't actually impact the next. So Burks could still turn this thing around. The bad news is this offense but I do question how much Nuk has left in the tank. He wasn't very efficient last year.

Glad it's nothing serious. He seems like a humble kid who was doing everything right to get ready for year and was quietly having a really strong offseason. It would have really sucked to see that derailed with a major knee injury in August.

One Twitter doc explaining two things- lack of blood flow ensures not a speedy recovery.
Rare to have just an LCL injury.

Some reported a hyperextension which is usually out a month if bad- holding the knee sure would be bad.

They both can heal the same time of course but I don't think three weeks is possible
There are 2 things I never trust: optimistic injury timelines in the offseason, and twitter docs who put a bunch of letters after their name. So I don't know where to go with this 😅.

I doubt it
Best case is six weeks. I saw Ian's but Sirius said different so I googled and saw known Twitter docs. Six as minimum is common everywhere I look.
I did not read Rapoport's tweet above as "Treylon Burks will be back in three weeks". "Burks should only miss a few weeks" could mean a multitude of things. If he is back on the field in Week 4 or 5, he missed a few weeks. I don't know what else is being reported, but I expect the Titans will be cautious in bringing Burks back, so a six-week time frame seems about right. That is a much better outcome than was feared.

I doubt it
I did not read Rapoport's tweet above as "Treylon Burks will be back in three weeks". "Burks should only miss a few weeks" could mean a multitude of things. If he is back on the field in Week 4 or 5, he missed a few weeks. I don't know what else is being reported, but I expect the Titans will be cautious in bringing Burks back, so a six-week time frame seems about right. That is a much better outcome than was feared.
We do nitpick a few as 3-4 and several as 5+ this time of year and it usually does us no good.

With the hyperextension I bet he's "dying" today and plenty doped up on pain killers. That whole leg has to be hurt so bad today.

I would guess they do another MRI in a week and make a new announcement as to timeline.

His knee was reconstructed years ago and it didn't buckle when everyone else's would. Kudos to that surgeon, but it means the leg absorbed the impact and it definitely feels like his leg went thru heck this morning and not just the knee.

Vrabel said they'd reevaluate in a week on the radio.(told ya so 😊 my three knee surgeries experience)

He also said they're not putting a timetable on it, but it's best case scenario to reporters.

The Titans’ official website reports the team is unsure if Treylon Burks (knee) will be ready for Week 1.
Burks is in a race against time after being carted from the field eight days ago. With only 17 more deals to heal up, it is a bit difficult to believe he will be ready for the opener against the Saints, though teams routinely push the envelope in these situations. Our first real clue as to Burks’ Week 1 status may not come until the Titans issue their initial injury report on Wednesday Sept. 6.

Titans WR Treylon Burks returned to practice.
Burks has been sidelined with a sprained LCL since mid-August but was back on the field Monday. We’re just days removed from the team saying they’re unsure of his status for Week 1 against the Saints, but a return to practice with more than 10 days until the regular season is encouraging. We’ll continue to track Burks’ status in the coming days, but he appears to be trending in the right direction.

Someone waved Burks for whatever reason and I'm thinking about ponying up some FAAB to get him on my roster. All the arrows point to the LCL being a trivial setback. This guy's built like Terrell Owens, has 1st round draft capital and is primed for a breakout as a 31 y/o Hopkins fades. Anyone else here feeling optimistic about a second year breakout? Only thing making me doubt is how run heavy the Titans are. Maybe that changes if Henry goes down?

Someone waved Burks for whatever reason and I'm thinking about ponying up some FAAB to get him on my roster. All the arrows point to the LCL being a trivial setback. This guy's built like Terrell Owens, has 1st round draft capital and primed for a breakout as a 31 y/o Hopkins fades. Anyone else here feeling optimistic about a second year breakout?
Not superbly optimistic but you should absolutely be aggressive in trying to get him.

Someone waved Burks for whatever reason and I'm thinking about ponying up some FAAB to get him on my roster. All the arrows point to the LCL being a trivial setback. This guy's built like Terrell Owens, has 1st round draft capital and is primed for a breakout as a 31 y/o Hopkins fades. Anyone else here feeling optimistic about a second year breakout? Only thing making me doubt is how run heavy the Titans are. Maybe that changes if Henry goes down?
I’m guessing re-draft. I have him on one dynasty roster. I like his talent but not optimistic about his second year, after they signed Hopkins. As you said, it’s a run heavy offense and Im thinking Hopkins is seeing the targets. Burks should have a few boom weeks. Wouldn’t be a priority pick up but if he was on waivers in my league I’d make a claim still.

I’m guessing re-draft. I have him on one dynasty roster. I like his talent but not optimistic about his second year, after they signed Hopkins. As you said, it’s a run heavy offense and Im thinking Hopkins is seeing the targets. Burks should have a few boom weeks. Wouldn’t be a priority pick up but if he was on waivers in my league I’d make a claim still.
Re-draft, yes. I'll put an offer of 2.5% of my FAAB budget and see how it goes, but won't go crazy with more than that. I like his potential (this season) way more than just about any other WR4 type on my bench or on the WW.

Best thing about his talent is he can easily be a WR1. And now w/ Hopkins in town def will try and shut down Hopkins which will give Burks plenty of opportunities to thrive.

Re-draft, yes. I'll put an offer of 2.5% of my FAAB budget and see how it goes, but won't go crazy with more than that. I like his potential (this season) way more than just about any other WR4 type on my bench or on the WW.
Idk I seriously doubt anyone better then Burks is going to pop up on the waiver this year..I would personally bid more but I'm high on Burks this year.

Idk I seriously doubt anyone better then Burks is going to pop up on the waiver this year..I would personally bid more but I'm high on Burks this year.
I agree with this sentiment and ended up snagging Burks with 5% of my FAAB. I concur that I'm not going to find a better WW pickup all season and love having him as my "worst" WR on my bench. Shockingly, my entire league slept on him and no one else put in a bid. I guess they aren't paying attention to his LCL recovery news. Here's hoping he takes off with his breakout sooner than later.

He seems to have good talent and the price is nearly free. I love Vrabel and think he’s a hell of a coach but their QB situation is bottom 5 and the philosophy is run, run, run. These aren’t good factors for a wr and then they grab Hopkins. For me, the cost is nothing and you park him on the end of your bench and see if Henry/Hopkins are at the end (both are very close) and hope he makes some plays. I grabbed him in 2 leagues and he’s got a short leash and he’s probably my first cut if he has 1-2 bad weeks.

if he goes 2-21 there’s a good chance he’s not on my 2 teams after week 1. He’s got talent but he’s got a lot going against him.

Treylon Burks was held to just 18 yards on two catches in a Week 1 loss tp the Saints.

Burks was also open over the middle on his only other target of the game but dropped the ball on what would have been a first down. The young receiver certainly has talent; however, the Titans’ passing game will be limited with Ryan Tannehill under center and DeAndre Hopkins appears primed to soak up a good chunk of the targets. It was a bad day all around for Tennessee’s offense, so have patience with Burks, but things will need to be much better next week against the Chargers to have much faith.

- Rotoworld

Looks like the same ol run first scheme is in effect in Ten. They do not look like they are ready to move on from this and are OK with being OK. Shame since this kid has a lot of talent and will most likely just waste away this year.

Looks like the same ol run first scheme is in effect in Ten. They do not look like they are ready to move on from this and are OK with being OK. Shame since this kid has a lot of talent and will most likely just waste away this year.
I was largely expecting a similar offensive philosophy but I'm more worried that Tannehill is done. He's getting to the point that he may be this years Matt Ryan...we'll see over the next few weeks. Burks is very talented and I bought him late in a few drafts but there are a number of headwinds that may lead to me cutting him in the next week or so unless he shows signs of life quickly.

Vrabel said Henry will be a large part of this offense moving forward then later Burks will be a large part of this offense moving forward.

That's the closest we'll get to him saying he wasn't happy about his OCs decisions on share of opportunities.

With Burks, I bet it's more of an argument between them. He had nothing at half, came out and got three straight passes, then nothing. I guess "what did we discuss at halftime?"

How else could that have played out?

His Texans offense was forcing it to DeAndre and us all wow that he made some fantastic catches. Nuk had like 15 targets. The routes took forever to develop and the RB and TE usage were questionable too. Very much almost identical to his Texans offenses that didn't win and not what an OC on his second chance job should be calling.

Preseason was very different as was what we saw of them practicing against other teams. The offense was clearly new AND different. I expect we see that offense the rest of the way.

Hopkins has a twisted ankle. Phillips is on IR. Everyone grumpy Henry looked the best in years and wasn't used a lot. Did I mention Chig's zero?

I'd bet a lot of $ it does not look like week one in week two.

I was largely expecting a similar offensive philosophy but I'm more worried that Tannehill is done. He's getting to the point that he may be this years Matt Ryan...we'll see over the next few weeks. Burks is very talented and I bought him late in a few drafts but there are a number of headwinds that may lead to me cutting him in the next week or so unless he shows signs of life quickly.
I'm not panicking, yet, but Tannehill missed some wide open receivers in this game. At least two of them were easy TDs if he makes the throw, one to Spears and one to Okonkwo. He missed plenty of others, he just looked bad. That said, it's week 1, I'm not about to throw up the white flag on him quite yet. So many elite QBs looked awful in week 1 including the likes of Josh Allen and Joe Burrow. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Tannehill is elite, but he's serviceable and there is more talent around him this season than maybe ever. The additional game and reduced pre-season is really hurting the quality of early season football. Greed will be the end of the NFL if they keep making these decisions to squeeze out every last penny short term that that can.

Burks is the most explosive pass catcher on the team including Hopkins IMHO...if the Titans want to win, they'll find ways to get Burks the ball.

Last edited:
Watching his game last week where he seemed off and seeing his heavily taped knee in practice the past 2 weeks, I wonder whether it was wise to let him come back from a 6 week knee injury in just 12 days.

Are any of you trying to buy low on Burks in dynasty?
I'm a big fan of the talent. I don't like the injuries, and stuff like playing him while hurt could be detrimental to his career. Still could be a good guy to try and buy but I am somewhat concerned.
Yeah
It's not uncommon to strain other muscles while compensating for a prior injury BUT sometimes in FF it feels like a huge negative.

If you're not using your IR spot and he's cheap, why not get him? You're not getting a talent like him cheap some other way, it's worth the risk.

Otherwise everyone just has to stay put and wait.

He looked a lot better this summer. Truly looked the part n all

Last edited:
Great talent but beyond awful situation. Targeted him and got him late in most leagues. Cut him in all leagues last week.

Treylon Burks (knee) did not practice Wednesday.
Burks missed Week 4 with the knee issue. A missed practice to open the week points toward him missing another game. Chris Moore took Burks’ spot in the lineup last week but didn’t do much with the extra reps. He caught one deep ball for 44 yards. With the Titans’ offense struggling mightily through the first month of the season, it’s hard to justify holding him in anything other than dynasty leagues.

Burks got dropped in a short bench empire dynasty league I'm in. What % FAAB does he go for?
You have to be pretty deep at WR to take a stabat him IMO. I think since he has done about zero all year you can get him very cheap. I still have him rostered for exactly 2 reasons. First I think he is the best WR on the team except hopkins and 2 Hopkins is soon to be collecting social security and has been dealing with game missing injuries for years.

Users who are viewing this thread