What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (2 Viewers)

I roster him in 2 FFPC leagues and he’s a definite Hold for me.
Problem is: I don’t think FFPC rules allow you to IR a suspended player, so I gotta burn a roster spot in a relatively short bench league.

I’d say my problems are much worse than Rice’s!
(Too soon?)

Gotta give KC credit. Between Rice, Toney and Hardman, they won a Super Bowl with maybe the dumbest collection of WRs in NFL history.

Antonio Brown out here thinking Rice needs to get his act together.

Still thinking there is a very good chance he's cut this before week 1, and furthermore, that nobody else signs him, until the "this many days without incident" counter can go to 100.

Obviously very stupid, especially given the timing.

But with this specific incident, without a ton of details that I know of yet, doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Given the history of NFL players, at least he punched a man. No guns involved that we know of yet.

I know nothing happens in a vacuum, and these incidents can't be looked at independently. But so far this doesn't sound like a huge deal on its own.

And until the crazy lands a player in jail or suspended for too long by the NFL or starts to affect their play, it doesn't really matter to the teams.

Last edited:

But with this specific incident, without a ton of details that I know of yet, doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
By itself, no big deal. But on top of the other incident, a big deal. The video of them walking away from the accident was such a bad look. The lame apology claiming to take “full responsibility” after the walked away from his responsibility. He was kind of recovering from the bad press a bit. Chiefs sticking by him. Just keep a low profile and let it blow over. Too stupid for words.

The problem with all of you wonderful intelligent well reasoned individuals in this thread is you've never been to Texas nor seen the TV Show Dallas.
I used to think like you.
I know of Zeke in a bar...twice!
I know of Manziel as a star and Manziel as a bust.

Public opinion matters in the most crooked Southern way.

Much love n respect guys but you're going to find out this is akin to a star being charged with a crime in Hollywood.

Is Rice out on Bond after the accident? If so, how does it work if you are charged with another crime right after?

I wouldn't be shocked if KC releases him.

There are a couple of things to consider when viewing this through a fantasy lens. The first is the format you are playing in. It becomes a much different narrative from redraft to dynasty—or any keeper format. Contract Keeper leagues will be different from a complete dynasty format. I'm operating on the idea that he will be suspended, and I think the floor is four games and a ceiling of eight games. I can live with this in a dynasty format in a vacuum. My thought process for dynasty and keeper leagues is not the suspension as much as his behavior pattern. He is showing some signs of self-destructive behavior, which to me is concerning. I think a majority of people who have an event like he had with the accident, even at his age, become a little reflective of their behavior and, for at least a short time, moderate risk situations and behavior. It's hard to figure out what happened in the recent event. However, placing yourself in conditions conducive to risk and, even if provoked, choosing to get into an alleged verbal/physical altercation is more concerning than the looming suspension. Future situations and events are my concern at this point. I would like to see him get professional mental assistance at this point; perhaps his family or even the Chiefs should intervene and see about getting him in some counseling or professional mental care. I would be back in cautiously if he were to get some help. He reminds me of someone looking to self-destruct even if he won't acknowledge the situation. The price would have to be pretty low for me to trade for Rice. If I could get out for anything reasonable, I would seriously consider it; I think a more intelligent move right now, if you have some tolerance, is to see where this goes through the suspension and then sell when it ends. I can see a better sell window opening right after the suspension ends.

Given the history of NFL players, at least he punched a man. No guns involved that we know of yet.

I know nothing happens in a vacuum, and these incidents can't be looked at independently. But so far this doesn't sound like a huge deal on its own.

And until the crazy lands a player in jail or suspended for too long by the NFL or starts to affect their play, it doesn't really matter to the teams.
You are absolutely right, but I still couldn't stop laughing at this one. In the history of low bars, this is at least top 10.

By itself, no big deal. But on top of the other incident, a big deal. The video of them walking away from the accident was such a bad look. The lame apology claiming to take “full responsibility” after the walked away from his responsibility. He was kind of recovering from the bad press a bit. Chiefs sticking by him. Just keep a low profile and let it blow over. Too stupid for words.
The walking away was a bad look but might have been the best thing for him. That may not be popular or 'the right thing to do' but it does give him some protection from overzealous police officers. The smart thing to do is lawyer up as soon as you can. You watch enough of the 48 Hours and 20/20's to know not to talk to the cops but to ask for a lawyer and STFU. As for the other incident, I'm not sure what he was thinking but we'll see how this plays out.

The walking away was a bad look but might have been the best thing for him. That may not be popular or 'the right thing to do' but it does give him some protection from overzealous police officers time to dispose of his drugs and weapons.
Fixed
Yeah I think that’s the main reason you walk away. Leaving the scene of an accident is bad. Being caught with a couple pounds of coke, pills and illegal firearms is far worse.

The walking away was a bad look but might have been the best thing for him. That may not be popular or 'the right thing to do' but it does give him some protection from overzealous police officers time to dispose of his drugs and weapons.
Fixed
Yeah I think that’s the main reason you walk away. Leaving the scene of an accident is bad. Being caught with a couple pounds of coke, pills and illegal firearms is far worse.
it also allows you to sober up if needed and for all intents and purposes keeps you from having aggravated circumstances added to your charges....it was a bad look, and he should be judged for that accordingly ....but probably 100% the right call to leave from one perspective...

The walking away was a bad look but might have been the best thing for him. That may not be popular or 'the right thing to do' but it does give him some protection from overzealous police officers. The smart thing to do is lawyer up as soon as you can. You watch enough of the 48 Hours and 20/20's to know not to talk to the cops but to ask for a lawyer and STFU. As for the other incident, I'm not sure what he was thinking but we'll see how this plays out.
By “overzealous”, you mean police officers doing their job and getting to the cause of the accident?

The more details emerge, the worse he looks.

And while it’s fine and good for legal experts to evaluate based on the law & what should be somewhat predictable results, the fact remains that the NFL suspends players based on their conduct.

Rice’s actions are an embarrassment to the NFL. His inability to keep his head down and stay out of the headlines after the already idiotic behavior continues to disgrace the shield.

And he happens to play for the highest profile team in the league, the Chiefs, fresh off of a SB victory,

I am sticking to 8 games, but if he got a year I wouldn’t be at all surprised. And if he does any jail time, or has any other incidents occur, all bets are off when it comes to his future.

You are absolutely right, but I still couldn't stop laughing at this one. In the history of low bars, this is at least top 10.
You're it is an incredibly low bar. Heck, this is the same organization that drafted Tyreek Hill.

All the Chiefs care about is that he stays out of jail and the suspension isn't too bad.

Chiefs looking for a 3-peat with the greatest QB talent ever.

Rice maybe a lot of things. But for the Chiefs, he's currently the only WR Mahomes knows he can count on. Worthy is a rookie, and Hollywood has been given up on by 2 organizations playing a premium position.

You're it is an incredibly low bar. Heck, this is the same organization that drafted Tyreek Hill.

All the Chiefs care about is that he stays out of jail and the suspension isn't too bad.

Rice maybe a lot of things. But for the Chiefs, he's currently the only WR Mahomes knows he can count on. Worthy is a rookie, and Hollywood has been given up on by 2 organizations playing a premium position.
:ponder: However . . . the Chiefs did cut Kareem Hunt for lying to the team about the hotel incident.

By “overzealous”, you mean police officers doing their job and getting to the cause of the accident?
If cops just 'did their job' I don't think they would be held in such bad regard in lots of peoples minds.

If cops just 'did their job' I don't think they would be held in such bad regard in lots of peoples minds.
An extremely low percentage of people hold police in bad regard. In fact, I don’t personally know a single person who does. At least none that have vocalized it to me.

An extremely low percentage of people hold police in bad regard. In fact, I don’t personally know a single person who does. At least none that have vocalized it to me.

The people that hold police in low regard are usually the ones that require police interaction to begin with.

Am I reading this right? The guy participated in egregiously bad behavior that initiated a high speed multiple vehicle accident, and some people here are seriously positing that the right thing for him to do was to evacuate the scene immediately without checking for injuries?

Some of you folks need to do a serious self check on your character. His career or his freedom were hardly the top priorities subsequent to the event he instigated. Hard to believe I actually had to post this here.

Am I reading this right? The guy participated in egregiously bad behavior that initiated a high speed multiple vehicle accident, and some people here are seriously positing that the right thing for him to do was to evacuate the scene immediately without checking for injuries?

Some of you folks need to do a serious self check on your character. His career or his freedom were hardly the top priorities subsequent to the event he instigated. Hard to believe I actually had to post this here.
I don't think anyone is suggesting it is the "right" thing to do. Some have suggested it may have been in Rice's best personal benefit to flee the scene.

:ponder: However . . . the Chiefs did cut Kareem Hunt for lying to the team about the hotel incident.
Certainly not knocking the Chiefs.

Frankly, this is the reality for a lot of industries. Say, a restaurant has a great cook, and they get arrested. Unless it's something so horrible it will hurt business (only if the public knows of course), the restaurant only wants to know if you are coming to work on Monday.

It's just business. It takes an awful lot for something to be so bad it hurts the NFL's business. I'm not sure we've ever seen it. Ray RIce's problem was that he was a RB over 25. Heck, if Aaron Hernandez could have somehow beat the charges, he'd have played another 10 years in the NFL.

The suggestion was more that it was the best thing for Rice to do in those circumstances - while also judging him harshly for the recklessness & stupidity he displayed by engaging in the behavior.

But if he had drugs/guns/etc with him and especially if he was also DUI, bailing, while a total d*** move, was probably smart.

I don’t see anyone saying he’s a great guy for what he did. No one here is in Rice’s corner high-fiving him.

The suggestion was more that it was the best thing for Rice to do in those circumstances - while also judging him harshly for the recklessness & stupidity he displayed by engaging in the behavior.

But if he had drugs/guns/etc with him and especially if he was also DUI, bailing, while a total d*** move, was probably smart.

I don’t see anyone saying he’s a great guy for what he did. No one here is in Rice’s corner high-fiving him.
Considering the vast majority of people are assuming the worst about why he left the scene, I don't really agree it was the best thing for him under those circumstances. The only situation where it might be the best thing for Rice is if the reality actually is the worst that people are assuming.

Considering the vast majority of people are assuming the worst about why he left the scene, I don't really agree it was the best thing for him under those circumstances. The only situation where it might be the best thing for Rice is if the reality actually is the worst that people are assuming.
I partly agree - but “we think he was DUI” is an easier sell for leniency than “Rice blew a 1.9, had 50 ecstasy tabs & an unregistered .44 in his jacket”.

Yes, we assume the worst, but with the money these dudes have, “the worst” is probably even worse than we can imagine.

I partly agree - but “we think he was DUI” is an easier sell for leniency than “Rice blew a 1.9, had 50 ecstasy tabs & an unregistered .44 in his jacket”.

Yes, we assume the worst, but with the money these dudes have, “the worst” is probably even worse than we can imagine.
My point was that most aren't thinking just DUI, they're thinking that he was high and had drugs and/or guns in that bag he took with him. That's what I'm assuming until more facts are out, and I get the impression that the police think that too. Obviously it's better for him if everyone is assuming than if he were to prove those things, but you could be right and I didn't really think about that - "the worst" is probably even worse than we can imagine. That's kind of scary to think about.

ETA - such as what if one of those guns I'm assuming he had is tied to a murder. What if he's really the next Aaron Hernandez and we just don't know that about him yet.

My point was that most aren't thinking just DUI, they're thinking that he was high and had drugs and/or guns in that bag he took with him. That's what I'm assuming until more facts are out, and I get the impression that the police think that too. Obviously it's better for him if everyone is assuming than if he were to prove those things, but you could be right and I didn't really think about that - "the worst" is probably even worse than we can imagine. That's kind of scary to think about.

ETA - such as what if one of those guns I'm assuming he had is tied to a murder. What if he's really the next Aaron Hernandez and we just don't know that about him yet.
I could be wrong and I will have to go back and look at the video....but I don't think Rice was leaving the scene with a bag....I think another dude or two was.....and yeah I think that makes a difference...(if it were to come out somehow that people find out what was in the bag....which we won't)....

no you are not reading it right....

Was it that or the fact that the video was released to the public…

My recent attempts to buy low (or even high) on Rice failed.

In a way I’m glad, as I’m not that enthusiastic about investing in a knucklehead.

I tried to buy him in FFPC for 2nd-rounders, all rejected, though some seemed to suggest it was close.

About two weeks ago, in a 14-team friendly IDP league (with salary contracts that makes things more confusing to explain here), I traded the 2.14 (so 28th rookie pick) and Khalil Shakir for Rice. No regrets at all on that one.

In a 16 team, IDP League, I offered a future first and an elite defensive end and was rejected.
Well that owner is a shmuck. Because you would have been fleeced.

This guy is a total knucklehead.

It’s where our society has gone to in a nutshell.

Just ridiculous.

Just ridiculous.
For Rice, -Least damaging = best, not "right". No one is saying it was good he was looking out for himself and screw everybody else.

This is an adult conversation, not an exercise in morality.

Well that owner is a shmuck. Because you would have been fleeced.

This guy is a total knucklehead.
This was immediately after the accident. The 1st was 2026.

Look, there’s a best case scenario here where he does no time and is suspended 4 games, going on to a long career as Mahomes favorite target.

And to be fair the potentially elite DE is 23 and not yet elite.

But fortunately he rejected it. Now the knucklehead factor has gone to 11, I wouldn’t send either for him.

Ok, maybe the DE. I hate having knuckleheads on my team, but points is points. ;)

Last edited:

I could be wrong and I will have to go back and look at the video....but I don't think Rice was leaving the scene with a bag....I think another dude or two was.....and yeah I think that makes a difference...(if it were to come out somehow that people find out what was in the bag....which we won't)....
the contents of that bag gonna be like the briefcase in pulp fiction.

the contents of that bag gonna be like the briefcase in pulp fiction.
He's either got Mahomes' soul or Reid's chicken nuggies in there.

Just ridiculous.
For Rice, -Least damaging = best, not "right". No one is saying it was good he was looking out for himself and screw everybody else.

This is an adult conversation, not an exercise in morality.
Morality is what separates animals from human beings.

I don’t hold the police in bad regard and don’t know anyone that does. Defunding the police is just one of many dumb ideas to come out of this generation. Let’s just send a social worker: rolleyes:

I don’t hold the police in bad regard and don’t know anyone that does. Defunding the police is just one of many dumb ideas to come out of this generation. Let’s just send a social worker: rolleyes:
That's fine. I didn't say that everyone does but a lot of people do.

That's fine. I didn't say that everyone does but a lot of people do.
I would venture to guess it’s a very small percentage, except in urban areas, that do and we know who they are :wink:….and what cities they come from. You won’t find that generally in Texas, Florida, or in any rural areas in the midwest or the south.

Last edited:

You are misinterpreting what people said. People are not talking about the morally correct thing to do. They are talking about what would likely limit the legal consequences of his actions. I was looking at it strictly from a legal POV, certainly not a moral one. He never should been in the situation to begin with and made a series of poor decisions that stacked morally bad on morally bad. If the Chiefs cut him tomorow, I would support that decision.

We probably should change the direction of this thread and make it more Rashee Rice/football and less about the police.
Thank you.

Let's say Rice gets suspended half a year. Who do you think gets more of those extra targets, Brown or Worthy? They are both smaller WRs than Rice. Toney is also listed as Rice's backup in the slot.

We probably should change the direction of this thread and make it more Rashee Rice/football and less about the police.
Thank you.

Let's say Rice gets suspended half a year. Who do you think gets more of those extra targets, Brown or Worthy? They are both smaller WRs than Rice. Toney is also listed as Rice's backup in the slot.
Neither? I think a lot of Rice’s stuff was schemed to him because the other WRs couldn’t play. I think there’s a chance that whole role just disappears.

Users who are viewing this thread