What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (2 Viewers)

From the film they showed it is almost impossible to tell who the driver was. Three guys piled out of the passenger side, first guy out was obviously the front passenger, but you can't tell whether the driver or the guy in the back seat exited next.
So who's gonna take the fall for him....
How would that happen?
If someone claims they were driving, how much are they gonna investigate who was driving?

From the film they showed it is almost impossible to tell who the driver was. Three guys piled out of the passenger side, first guy out was obviously the front passenger, but you can't tell whether the driver or the guy in the back seat exited next.
How would that happen?
If someone claims they were driving, how much are they gonna investigate who was driving?
Plenty easy to find out. See my last post about traffic lights and cameras.

I got my 1971 Maverick up over 80 once.

It didn't like that very much.

-QG
I had my red 1990 Mustang GT faster than my white 1999 Corvette. I’m ashamed to say how fast. Not that the vet wouldn’t blow it away however. I drive regular cars now.

The 2nd and 3rd pic of the vet is an exact duplicate of my car, same interior too. Prettiest car I ever owned. 1999 introduced a big change to the suspension. You didn’t feel every pebble on the road like my 1992 vet. You could take a sharp off ramp at 60 without any issues.

Last edited:
How would that happen?
Plenty easy to find out. See my last post about traffic lights and cameras.
Windows on that car were really dark, both front and side. Unless they have footage at the bowling alley, showing them loading into the car I'm not sure what traffic cameras are going to show.

Dov Kleiman
𝗨𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲: A woman was injured in the crash that involved #Chiefs WR Rashee Rice's car, and she said the men put her 4 y/o son in danger and walked away without sympathy, per the @dallasnews

“I’m just blessed I was able to walk out of there.”

She also said a pair of white cleats were left in the back of the Lamborghini. One of the other witnesses said they took guns and bags from the vehicles before they left...

(h/t @TMZ)

Dov Kleiman
𝗨𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲: A woman was injured in the crash that involved #Chiefs WR Rashee Rice's car, and she said the men put her 4 y/o son in danger and walked away without sympathy, per the @dallasnews

She also said a pair of white cleats were left in the back of the Lamborghini. One of the other witnesses said they took guns and bags from the vehicles before they left...

(h/t @TMZ)
Ruh-Roh Raggy

Dov Kleiman

(h/t @TMZ)
Explains why they left in a hurry, if they had weapons….

I would not be opposed to the league deciding to kick players out for stuff like this.
Well.....bye
After the Ruggs incident you can bet the NFL will want to make an example of this guy. Clearly this is somewhat dependent on the legal process, but there is enough here for this to end extremely badly for both Rice and the Chiefs.

Would be interested to see a legal/moral compare and contrast vs Jalen Carter incident. Obviously we don't have all the details here.

I would not be opposed to the league deciding to kick players out for stuff like this.
Well.....bye
For which part exactly?
Depends what gets found out.
I don't mean right this second.

However, I've also said that players should never get suspended for any legal reasons. Either they are in jail and can't play, or they play.

Consistency one way or the other is better than the constant guessing games of what a suspensions will be

Dov Kleiman

(h/t @TMZ)
Yikes.

Would be interested to see a legal/moral compare and contrast vs Jalen Carter incident. Obviously we don't have all the details here.
Sadly this was first thought as well. Street racing where someone died seems a lot worse than this, but Carter's situation was semi brushed off.

Sadly this was first thought as well. Street racing where someone died seems a lot worse than this, but Carter's situation was semi brushed off.
If true, the child endangerment and weapons are just as bad as the fleeing the scene of an accident.

Bit unfair on the large majority who quietly get on with their lives in a perfectly legal and sensible way.

You hear about the morons because they make the news with stupid nonsense like this.
True. Perhaps I should have said “wide receivers” instead. They seem to make up the majority of shenanigans.
It's probably also true that a large majority of WRs in the league don't have major issues.

I get your point though. Probably better stated in reverse about why it seems WRs have these issues so much more than other positions. Something down to the amount of hits they take (CTE) or just the type of personality it takes to go up and get the football knowing a bigger guy is about try to knock your head off.

If true, the child endangerment and weapons are just as bad as the fleeing the scene of an accident.
It will boil down to state laws and what Dallas wants to charge him with. Or legally what they can prove.

Carter was lucky to avoid manslaughter charges and the outcome of his street racing was much worse.

Carter’s was obviously worse but he also wasn’t an NFL employee at the time.

Interesting point there. On one hand: "Who the heck cares? It's the same person and the same act ultimately, why would the NFL see it differently for that reason?" And on the other hand: "There's no rule that says the rules have to make sense."

Very true and I understand the differences between the situations. It just bugs me a bit how these situations are going to play out very differently.

Interesting point there. On one hand: "Who the heck cares? It's the same person and the same act ultimately, why would the NFL see it differently for that reason?" And on the other hand: "There's no rule that says the rules have to make sense."
NFL is never consistent. There have been reckless driving and DUI charges that didn't recieve suspensions.

I'm guessing this suspension is based on how bad the PR ends up and what the charges are.

Very true and I understand the differences between the situations. It just bugs me a bit how these situations are going to play out very differently.
Personally thought what Rice allegedly did is worse. That the outcome was different, not lives lost, does not change that fact to me.

The difference to me is innocent people were put in danger and harmed. I don't think if lives had been lost that would have changed Rice's alleged behavior, he'd have fleed the scene one way or the other.

Bit unfair on the large majority who quietly get on with their lives in a perfectly legal and sensible way.

You hear about the morons because they make the news with stupid nonsense like this.
True. Perhaps I should have said “wide receivers” instead. They seem to make up the majority of shenanigans.
It's probably also true that a large majority of WRs in the league don't have major issues.

I get your point though. Probably better stated in reverse about why it seems WRs have these issues so much more than other positions. Something down to the amount of hits they take (CTE) or just the type of personality it takes to go up and get the football knowing a bigger guy is about try to knock your head off.
Prima-Donnas?

Personally thought what Rice allegedly did is worse. That the outcome was different, not lives lost, does not change that fact to me.

The difference to me is innocent people were put in danger and harmed. I don't think if lives had been lost that would have changed Rice's alleged behavior, he'd have fleed the scene one way or the other.
:shrug:Carter was weaving in and out of public traffic putting innocent people in harms way as well. He fled the scene after people surely died.

Both guys suck. I'm not sticking up for Rice. I think they both made the same dumb mistake. Carter's outcome was worse, but Rice's punishment will probably be more severe.

Prima-Donnas?
When I heard the term prima donna as a kid, I thought it was pre-Madonna. Didn't know what that could mean other than "preceding Madonna" but couldn't figure out why that would be a term.

Well.....bye
After the Ruggs incident you can bet the NFL will want to make an example of this guy. Clearly this is somewhat dependent on the legal process, but there is enough here for this to end extremely badly for both Rice and the Chiefs.
Those who are given the world are often the ones not smart enough to know what to do with it. The sheer idiocy of some of these guys is staggering. Especially after the Ruggs thing. The NFL literally employs people to pick players up, for free, even in the offseason.

Anybody who drives drunk or recklessly deserves to have the book (hopefully one the with the physical weight of War and Peace) thrown at them.

Rice had some off field issues in College, I don't recall specifics, but it was mentioned in every scouting report, so this isn't exactly some out of nowhere occurrence, he's had character questions.

Does Rice have college eligibility left? He should just go back to UGA. Problem solved.

I think part of the Carter issue was “prior to him being in NFL” (before drafted). Rice doesn’t have that exception

ETA: Sorry. Did not read all replies.
I believe since Carter was not behind the wheel of car where victim died, he did not get as severely punished & he managed to escape the harsh reality of his actions. Maybe he did some “re-education program” but he did not suffer in real terms IMO
Rice situ is still being revealed and discovered but NFL rules will likely come down hard as the preliminary story plays out

Prima-Donnas?
That seems like the most likely explanation.

Prima-Donnas?
When I heard the term prima donna as a kid, I thought it was pre-Madonna. Didn't know what that could mean other than "preceding Madonna" but couldn't figure out why that would be a term.
pre- Madonna is actually prehistoric

Prima-Donnas?
Donna's mother left That 70s show after season 3.

Prima-Donnas?
I like pre-Madonna more than post-Madonna.

Prima-Donnas?
I was in high school when Madonna broke out. The puffy clothes trend that followed was truly awful.

Prima-Donnas?
I was in high school when Madonna broke out. The puffy clothes trend that followed was truly awful.
I thought she was cool. Very talented too.

Prima-Donnas?
I thought she was cool. Very talented too.
Oh I didn’t have an issue with Madonna. It was the fashion shift I hated.

Clothes got super fluffy and girls wore pants+skirts+netting+extra stuff.

I preferred less clothing on girls. Call me crazy.

Smart move running away and leaving his car there. I'm shocked the police were able to trace his car back to him.
Where did they go? I mean that wall was pretty high. It looked like some bags were removed from the car. Maybe that would be a reason to leave. Or if you are intoxicated or under the influence of something other than alcohol.

Am I the only one that feels this will end up being a nothingburger? Not in reality of course. It’s definitely awful. But what’s the worst, he gets suspended a couple games? Are you all expecting something else?

Smart move running away and leaving his car there. I'm shocked the police were able to trace his car back to him.
Where did they go? I mean that wall was pretty high. It looked like some bags were removed from the car. Maybe that would be a reason to leave. Or if you are intoxicated or under the influence of something other than alcohol.
Witness reports said “guns” were removed from cars and carried away with bags

Users who are viewing this thread