What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kevin White, NO (4 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said West Virginia WR Kevin White "has the same traits as Julio Jones."

Lofty praise indeed from Jeremiah, who ranks White as the No. 3 overall prospect in the class. White drew pass interference flags like referees were toting beads at Mardi Gras this past season. The Biletnikoff Award finalist recorded 109 catches, 1,447 yards and 10 touchdowns despite shaky quarterback play and constant double teams. White, 6-foot-3 and 210 pounds, is competing with Amari Cooper and DeVante Parker to be the first receiver chosen.

Source: NFL.com
Feb 3 - 12:26 AM

Rotoworld:

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said West Virginia WR Kevin White "has the same traits as Julio Jones."

Lofty praise indeed from Jeremiah, who ranks White as the No. 3 overall prospect in the class. White drew pass interference flags like referees were toting beads at Mardi Gras this past season. The Biletnikoff Award finalist recorded 109 catches, 1,447 yards and 10 touchdowns despite shaky quarterback play and constant double teams. White, 6-foot-3 and 210 pounds, is competing with Amari Cooper and DeVante Parker to be the first receiver chosen.

Apparently, Daniel Jeremia hasn't seen Xue's chart or else he wouldn't have said this.

Kitrick Taylor said:
workdog3 said:
Xue said:
One of the major reasons Kevin White is overrated and not even close to Cooper and Parker for the #1 WR spot in this draft.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B83DwV5IYAAm-vi.jpg
What are we looking at here?
Those are Xue's tier 1 WRs for 2015. Across the bottom is the players age. I presume the other is the percentage of the teams offense?

Basically, Xue thinks at age 22.5 White should have been more dominate vs his peers.
Those aren't my rankings. It's a visual from a recent Rotoviz article on age and production.

georg013 said:
Faust said:
Rotoworld:

Apparently, Daniel Jeremia hasn't seen Xue's chart or else he wouldn't have said this.
Apparently Jeremiah hasn't seen Kevin White's film.

Yeah pretty much because he's on tv.
I'd say more because he was a college scout for the Ravens, Browns and Eagles.
There is that, as well. Ultimately I largely base my draft board on where a player falls in the draft. Heavy priority is given to first rounders, and then I basically bump them down from there. It's not a perfect system but I've been using it ever since I took Mark Ingram over Cam Newton and it's paid off. Anybody drafted in the top 15 picks is going to be ahead of anyone drafted outside that range. I bump RBs about a round now though due to their flagging NFL draft stock.

I don't know the actual number, but it wouldn't surprise me if White drew 15+ PI calls this year. He was constantly being held and interfered with. Baylor alone got him at least 4-5 times.

I don't know the actual number, but it wouldn't surprise me if White drew 15+ PI calls this year. He was constantly being held and interfered with. Baylor alone got him at least 4-5 times.
There's been a few PIs on White that don't get called as well. At least 2 in the Baylor game. But White fanboys choose not to see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes White so much better than Cody Latimer last year? Latimer had strong hands, could high point, was physical, and put up some freakish workout numbers 3 months after a broken foot.
Why is that a bad thing? We have yet to see what Latimer can do and I for one think he will be a good one. Not every rookie WR is going to create fireworks the first season. I am having trouble pinpointing why you are so down on White. Can you list any specifics?

What makes White so much better than Cody Latimer last year? Latimer had strong hands, could high point, was physical, and put up some freakish workout numbers 3 months after a broken foot.
Why is that a bad thing? We have yet to see what Latimer can do and I for one think he will be a good one. Not every rookie WR is going to create fireworks the first season. I am having trouble pinpointing why you are so down on White. Can you list any specifics?
I'm not down in him. Just not high in him. Like top 5 overall high. He's a mid 2nd to me.

How does a guy with one great season at age 22 vault up to top 5 when most barely knew who he was before the season? Someone on Twitter said it best: people are simply "overcorrecting" themselves for that.

His routes aren't that great. His movements are stiff in routes His high-pointing skills aren't as good as people make it out to be. One thing I notice is that his leaping doesn't seem very explosive when having to jump off one leg. You can see this twice in the Alabama game.

In general, he looks less athletic without the ball than with.

I'm not down in him. Just not high in him. Like top 5 overall high. He's a mid 2nd to me.

How does a guy with one great season at age 22 vault up to top 5 when most barely knew who he was before the season? Someone on Twitter said it best: people are simply "overcorrecting" themselves for that.

His routes aren't that great. His movements are stiff in routes His high-pointing skills aren't as good as people make it out to be. One thing I notice is that his leaping doesn't seem very explosive when having to jump off one leg. You can see this twice in the Alabama game.

Thanks for the response. I am not high on this WR class at the top level. I think Cooper is overrated and I need to look at White and Parker a little closer before I come up with a decent conclusion.

Rotoworld:

Kevin White - WR - Mountaineers

West Virginia WR Kevin White's "perceived lack of top-end speed has been noticed," notes NFL.com.

"His 40 time could define his draft stock," NFL Media's Lance Zierlein believes. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound White, a Biletnikoff Award finalist, broke out to collect 109 catches, 1,447 yards and 10 touchdowns this past season. "He definitely is in the mix to be the first receiver off the board, which would continue his meteoric rise from complementary receiver in 2013 to go-to stud in 2014," wrote College Football 24/7 writer Mike Huguenin. "His hands were like glue in 2014, and that obviously is a big positive."

Feb 11 - 10:23 PM

So why exactly did Evans become a top2 asset last year? His leaping isn't that impressive in game tape, he's stiff and he looks less athletic without the ball.... White is better than Parker to me, but just below Cooper.

I'm not down in him. Just not high in him. Like top 5 overall high. He's a mid 2nd to me.How does a guy with one great season at age 22 vault up to top 5 when most barely knew who he was before the season? Someone on Twitter said it best: people are simply "overcorrecting" themselves for that.

So why exactly did Evans become a top2 asset last year? His leaping isn't that impressive in game tape, he's stiff and he looks less athletic without the ball.... White is better than Parker to me, but just below Cooper.
Mike Evans was far from "stiff" if anyone bothered to watch him. At 6'5" you don't need to jump high. He's more physical than even Calvin Johnson. I disagree about him being less athletic without the ball. He looked to be the same with the ball.Be was also 21 as a Rookie and is actually 1 year younger than White. How did White look as a 21-year old?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not down in him. Just not high in him. Like top 5 overall high. He's a mid 2nd to me.How does a guy with one great season at age 22 vault up to top 5 when most barely knew who he was before the season? Someone on Twitter said it best: people are simply "overcorrecting" themselves for that.

Mike Evans was far from "stiff" if anyone bothered to watch him. At 6'5" you don't need to jump high. He's more physical than even Calvin Johnson. I disagree about him being less athletic without the ball. He looked to be the same with the ball.Be was also 21 as a Rookie and is actually 1 year younger than White. How did White look as a 21-year old?
So to be clear you're penalizing a guy for being a "late riser" so to speak? Maybe Evans was a bad comparison but White is no slouch when it comes to physicality or leaping ability. I think you're just nitpicking at minuscule things in White to justify a mid 2nd ranking for him because you don't like the way he plays.

So to be clear you're penalizing a guy for being a "late riser" so to speak? Maybe Evans was a bad comparison but White is no slouch when it comes to physicality or leaping ability. I think you're just nitpicking at minuscule things in White to justify a mid 2nd ranking for him because you don't like the way he plays.
I'm penalizing him for not being that good. He's nowhere close to Evans.

It's not miniscule things. I've seen Julio and Dez comparisons, but he's not close to them. His leaping isn't as explosive and he's not as physical. Kevin White of TCU shut him down, and he only weighs 180lbs. White is a lot closer to DeAndre Hopkins than anyone else. His route running isn't that good, so he's not gonna be making it look easy like Evans did as a Rookie.

I really don't see him close to Parker. His movement kills just aren't on the same level. Parker owned the best CB he faced all year in PJ Williams of FSU. White was shut down by the best one he faced, Kevin White of TCU.

I'm penalizing him for not being that good. He's nowhere close to Evans.

It's not miniscule things. I've seen Julio and Dez comparisons, but he's not close to them. His leaping isn't as explosive and he's not as physical. Kevin White of TCU shut him down, and he only weighs 180lbs. White is a lot closer to DeAndre Hopkins than anyone else. His route running isn't that good, so he's not gonna be making it look easy like Evans did as a Rookie.

I really don't see him close to Parker. His movement kills just aren't on the same level. Parker owned the best CB he faced all year in PJ Williams of FSU. White was shut down by the best one he faced, Kevin White of TCU.
All Parker did against FSU was run a few quick slants and deep balls... 70yds of Parker's was because the FSU safety let him burn right by, not on the CB. Parker's route running isn't close to White's. Parker has some quick feet which make him great at those slants, but he takes plays off and has very little in the route tree department. White seems a little more heavy footed than Parker but his balls skills, physicality, explosiveness, blocking are all better than Parker to me.

Going to go rewatch the TCU matchup right now

Rotoworld:

NFL Media draft analyst Mike Mayock believes West Virginia WR Kevin White is the No. 1 WR prospect in the 2015 class.
For some time, Alabama WR Amari Cooper seemed like a lock as the No. 1 WR in the draft, however, White's stock has risen over the last couple of weeks. Rotoworld's Josh Norris has Oklahoma's WR Dorial Green-Beckham as his top WR prospect, followed by Kevin White, and Amari Cooper ranking third.

Feb 12 - 3:17 PM

Combine players with most to proveExcerpt:

Kevin White, WR, West Virginia: The big thing for White is his 40-yard dash. On tape he has almost everything you look for in a wide receiver prospect: He has very good size (6-foot-3, 211 pounds), he has outstanding ball skills and he put up exceptional numbers -- and did so against very good competition (including 35 combined catches vs. Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas). The only issue is that on tape he doesn't appear to have elite top-end speed. He is already a likely top-20 pick and the second-ranked receiver on our board, but if he can run in the 4.4s, he could potentially be the first receiver drafted and go in the top 10.

He reminds me of Hopkins also but 2 inches taller. Hopkins was a late riser also
He's not 6'3"
NFL Draft Source @NFLDraftSourcehttps://twitter.com/NFLDraftSource · 15m15 minutes ago

#NFLDraft Measures for WRs: Green-Beckham (6'5" 237), White (6'3" 215), Cooper (6'1" 211), Parker (6'3" 209), Funchess (6'4" 232) #combine
I'm completely okay with admitting I was wrong. Must be the short legs and long torso.
I'll have to admit I agreed with your assessment. I was surprised by the 6' 3".
Strong came in at 6'2" 217...shocked

Rotoworld:

West Virginia WR Kevin White's Combine measurements are 6'3", 215 lbs and 9 1/4" hands.

White also has 32 5/8" arms. Multiple outlets rank White as the no. 1 receiver in the class. His Combine testing should be interesting, especially alongside Amari Cooper, DGB and DeVante Parker.

Feb 19 - 3:13 PM

NFL Network @nflnetwork Follow

Kevin White, Mayock's #1 overall WR, (from @WVUfootball) just ran a 4.35u!!!

10:15 AM - 21 Feb 2015
Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks · 12m 12 minutes ago

Kevin White posted a silly time but trust me, the tape is even better.

NFL Network retweeted

NFL @nfl · 13m 13 minutes ago
Kevin White (#1 WR via Mayock) brings the SPEEEED. Hello 4.35u 40-yard dash. WATCH: http://at.nfl.com/EIau8Hr
Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks · 49m 49 minutes ago

I don't think I'm going to take quite as much heat for having Kevin White as my #3 player in the draft. Just a guess.

Users who are viewing this thread