What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jarvis Landry, Saints (2 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

The Dolphins "aren’t opposed to the idea" of playing Jarvis Landry on the outside.

With Kenny Stills and first-round WR DeVante Parker not acclimated to OC Bill Lazor’s scheme, the Dolphins have been getting Landry involved in two-wide sets. Landry could see more time in base packages this year, but doesn’t have the skill-set to win outside and averaged just nine yards-per-catch as a rookie. Even if limited to the slot, Landry is a good bet to top the 105 targets he saw in 2014.

Source: dolphins.com
Jun 3 - 6:14 PM

Rotoworld:

Jarvis Landry - WR - Dolphins

According to the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are "hoping to leave defenses scrambling and confused by moving receivers to different positions."

It's why Jarvis Landry has been getting the occasional snap on the outside in OTAs. Seeking mismatches is never a bad idea, but Landry would simply be overmatched outside. Kenny Stills' speed makes him a threat both inside and out, while DeVante Parker's size can help him overwhelm smaller corners in the slot. That's where the Dolphins will get their mismatches, not from Landry manning the boundary.

Source: Miami Herald

Jun 4 - 5:59 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9405/jarvis-landry

The Miami Herald expects Jarvis Landry to serve as Ryan Tannehill's "go-to guy, particularly in the early part of the season."

Landry isn't a favorite in the fantasy community due to athletic limitations and low yards per catch, but he's likely to be a 2015 target monster, especially after DeVante Parker's setback with his foot. A high-volume slot receiver, Landry averaged nine targets per game in the second half of last season. He's less desirable in standard leagues, but could push for WR2 value in PPR this year. Jun 8 - 11:37 PM

Rotoworld:

Jarvis Landry is working out at Pete Bommarito Performance Systems in Davie (FL) in an effort to improve his straight-line speed.

Landry ran a brutal 4.77 forty at the 2014 Scouting Combine, and 4.61 at the LSU Pro Day. He wants to show the coaching staff he can be more than a rugged slot receiver. "Absolutely," Landry replied when asked if his speed has improved. "I can't wait to show it." Landry remains ticketed for the slot on the Dolphins, with Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker, and Greg Jennings on the outside.

Jul 9 - 11:17 PM

Rotoworld:

The Miami Herald refers to second-year WR Jarvis Landry as "clearly quarterback Ryan Tannehill's go-to receiver."

Reporter Armando Salguero passes along "questions whether (Landry) might eclipse the team record of 90 catches in one season." Indeed, Landry established a 105-reception pace over the final nine games of his rookie year, after opening the season as a part-time wide receiver. Landry will play full time as a sophomore and should be a target vacuum in OC Bill Lazor's offense.

Aug 18 - 10:22 PM

This is a very promising read, whether you are looking to trade him, or use him as a WR2/3 this season...

ESPN's James Walker expects Jarvis Landry to "do a lot of damage in the red zone" this season.
Walker "wouldn't be surprised" if Landry doubles his touchdown total of five from last season and becomes a double-digit touchdown scorer. It's been clear since last season that Landry is Ryan Tannehill's favorite target, and if Miami's second preseason game was any indication, Landry is going to be a preferred option near the goal line. On back-to-back third- and fourth-and-goal plays last weekend, Tannehill threw to Landry. He'll likely threaten 90 catches and eight scores. Aug 28 - 11:02 AM
Source: ESPN.com

Rotoworld:

Jarvis Landry secured just four of 12 targets for 40 yards and ran twice for 29 yards in the Dolphins' Week 4 loss to the Jets.

Landry had a late touchdown called back because of an offensive pass interference. He spent a good chunk of the day being shadowed by Darrelle Revis and wasn’t able to find much separation. Ryan Tannehill’s meltdown obviously didn’t help matters. Landry should fare much better coming out of the bye against Tennessee. Hopefully the week off will give the Dolphins some time to regroup.

Oct 4 - 1:46 PM

The offensive PI call on his TD was an absolute joke... one of the worst calls of the day. He roasted Revis and revis went out of his way to find and drill parker, hoping to draw the flag. Moron back judge obliged and threw it, even though Landry was a good 5-6 feet past both Parker & Revis on the play.

Rotoworld:

Jarvis Landry caught all five of his targets for 83 yards and two touchdowns in the Dolphins' Week 7 win over the Texans.

Landry did all his damage in the first half and wasn't targeted after the break with the Dolphins holding a 41-point lead. His first touchdown came from 50 yards out when Landry evaded several tacklers on a simple out route he took all the way to the house. Later in the first half, Landry scored from 10 yards away on a short crossing route. He'll be a strong WR2/3 Thursday vs. New England.

Oct 25 - 4:49 PM

I'm willing to admit I was wrong on this guy. He's developed into a playmaker. Thought he'd be dependent on volume with such a low ypc average.

These were Landry's first TD through the air this season adding to the TD he had off a run last week.

In 6 games so far he has 56 targets 36 receptions (64.3%) 395 yards (10.97ypc) 2TD 8 rushing attempts 77 yards 1TD combined yards 472 78.7 yards/game

Anyone notice Brian Cushing loaf about 4 times on landry's long td? That Houston defense looked completely disinterested.

I'll be surprised if he's successful. Very slow. Mentally tough, but may lack the dimensions to survive the beating in the NFL.

Mayock said you couldn't tell the difference between Beckham and Landry on tape and that's absolutely false. His lack of explosiveness was apparent. I think it's going to be tough sledding for him. He can find a role and maybe give them what they lost with Davone Bess a while back, but I don't see him being Boldin. Miami's personnel department isn't very good and this looks like another mistake.
Landry was widely projected by scouts and insiders alike as a second round pick. Not sure how you can say the pick was a mistake this early in the game.
It's just an opinion. He may do some damage out of the slot, but he's 5'11" with some truly horrendous workout numbers. It's probably not much of a stretch to say that I could get up off my couch and beat his 40, vertical, and broad jump. They're sad numbers for a guy who will be lining up against the best athletes in the world. You can get away with being short and you can get away with being slow, but this guy is both of those things. Love the hands. Love the competitiveness. He's a tough guy and built to take the shots. I don't think he has a pulse as an outside WR though. Strictly a short yardage possession guy.

Overrated prospects come in many flavors. On one end of the spectrum you have prodigious physical specimens who can't really play the game (i.e. Martavis Bryant, Logan Thomas). On the other end of the spectrum you have scrappy overachievers who have all the intangibles and skill components, but lack the right athletic parts to transition to the pro game. Think of Jimmer Fredette in basketball or what Stepfan Taylor looks like after one NFL season. Great college players. Not enough juice under the hood to thrive against professional competition.

Dolphins have a horrendous personnel department and I can hardly think of a good player they've picked recently. IIRC rumors said they're already shopping Dion Jordan, their top 3 pick from a year ago. They whiffed on Lamar Miller. Whiffed on Daniel Thomas. Whiffed on Michael Egnew. Wasted a pick on Mike Gillislee, who was no better than street FA material. They even managed to waste Brandon Marshall and blow a fortune on an overrated one trick pony in Mike Wallace. They're a totally clueless team and their perennial loser stats is well-deserved by their personnel decisions.

I don't really hate Landry as an NFL football player. I don't see a route to legitimate FF relevance for him. Can't see him being much more than Davone Bess.
And not much of a stretch to say you didn't know what you were talking about.

Next Gen Stats: Amari Cooper picks on Jimmy Wilson

Excerpt:

1. Specializing in bubble screens, end-arounds and crossing routes, Jarvis Landry has traveled 1,312 yards this season -- the fourth-most of any wide receiver. His 50-yard touchdown versus the Texans in Week 7 was one of the most jaw-dropping scores this year. Landry covered 30 yards on his square route to catch a 13-yard sideline pass from Ryan Tannehill. Once he got the ball in his hands, Landry bobbed and weaved through Houston's secondary, making five defenders miss while traveling 109.01 yards en route to a game-breaking touchdown.

Outside of Larry Fitzgerald's renaissance, there hasn't been a better slot receiver in the league this year.

No chatter about this guy, hes been a total stud in my ppr, return yardage league. He is Q for this weekend, hope its no big deal.

Jarvis Landry (knee) is listed as questionable for Week 12.
It's a surprise, but may be a precautionary listing for a player who isn't known to be in danger of missing a game. Landry did not practice Wednesday, then returned to a "limited" session on Thursday. We hope to get an update on Landry's chances of playing when coach Dan Campbell speaks Friday afternoon.

Injury report: Landry questionable for Jets game.

Landry did not practice Friday after being limited the day before and being kept out Wednesday.
The big news from the Jets’ final injury report of the week was cornerback Darrelle Revis being listed as out because of a concussion.
Going from limited on Thursday to not practicing Friday does not seem like progress. The match up is better than it might otherwise be if Landy can play.

Landry has 6 games with double digit targets and only one game with less than 4 receptions. His yards per reception is still pretty low for a WR 10.2 right now, although it is better than it was last season. Where Landry has contributed more this season is as a runner. His rushing attempts have been pretty consistently one per game with only two games where he did not get a rushing attempt.

Landry is currently WR 15 in standard leagues and WR 12 in PPR leagues.

Jarvis Landry caught 7-of-12 targets for 120 yards and a touchdown in Miami's Week 3 win over the Browns.
Landry beat Tramon Williams for a 42-yard touchdown in the first half. He also set up the game-winning touchdown in overtime on a perfectly run route. He's benefitted from Miami's pass-heavy playcalling, and is now up to 35 targets through three games. Landry is locked in as a WR2 for Week 4.

Sep 25 - 5:31 PM

Solid game from Landry, he came through as expected vs. a bad Browns team. I still want to see him get similar production vs a better defensive team before I make him an autostart in a 2 Wr league.  I'll take todays production though, nice job Landry.

He's a Stud in PPR.  Was ranked #7 last year in PPR, not sure why he is not seen as having higher value by many.  He is on pace for 130+ receptions this year, and was on the same pace the second half of last season

Users who are viewing this thread