What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jarvis Landry, Saints (2 Viewers)

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Jarvis Landry's 2022 base salary will be $3 million. 

Landry, who signed with the Saints last week after parting ways with the Browns, can earn another $3 million in incentives linked to individual stats. The productive slot receiver will join Michael Thomas and rookie Chris Olave in three-receiver sets for New Orleans -- a marked upgrade over the team's wideout group in 2021. A slot guy who commands targets (Landry drew 328 targets in 42 games with Cleveland over the past three years), the veteran could take some opportunity away from Thomas, who's returning from a two-year ankle injury. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

May 16, 2022, 12:58 PM ET

NewOrleans.football's Nick Underhill reports Jarvis Landry is "dominating" Saints OTAs. 

The veteran slot receiver's "presence" has been felt throughout spring practices, Underhill said. On Thursday, Landry made the "standout play of the day" with a one-handed grab against a rookie defensive back. Landry, who signed with the Saints on a one-year deal worth up to $6 million, led the team with four receptions during Thursday's session. "There will be much to prove over the coming weeks and months, but Landry is off to a good start," Underhill said. Landry's OTA dominance comes with Michael Thomas still sidelined with his two-year ankle injury. A career target hog in Miami and Cleveland, Landry could be surprisingly productive if Thomas doesn't return as the target magnet he was in the Drew Brees era. Landry is a sneaky good late-round pick in PPR leagues. 

SOURCE: NewOrleans.football 

Jun 3, 2022, 11:12 AM ET

Any recent trades? I offered him for 3.1 or 3.2 and got denied although guy with 3.2 was tempted. Maybe I will be better off holding. 

Any recent trades? I offered him for 3.1 or 3.2 and got denied although guy with 3.2 was tempted. Maybe I will be better off holding. 
I think it's real hard to move veterans this time of year. Better to shop him after other teams have developed holes.

i drafted MT 1.06 his rookie year and rode him to back to back titles.  love him.

i plan on trading for Landry as a handcuff, of sorts. 

if MT does not return and i dont have landry im left with nothing.  thoughts?

Jarvis Landry caught 7-of-9 targets for 114 yards in the Saints' Week 1 win over the Falcons.

Making his Saints debut, Landry led the team in receptions, yards and targets, and also had the longest grab at 40 yards. The 40-yarder was a critical fourth quarter catch where Landry went up and got it between two Falcons defenders. Michael Thomas did out-score Landry 2-0 and was also heating up his connection with Jameis Winston in the second half after a zero-grab first. We would still expect Thomas to ultimately out-produce Landry on the field and out-point him in fantasy but perhaps there will be some WR3 juice for the 29-year-old ex-Brown and Dolphin. The Bucs are on tap for Week 2.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Jarvis Landry caught 4-of-5 targets for 25 yards in the Saints' Week 2 loss to the Bucs.

After a 114-yard outing in Week 1, Landry was poised for WR3 numbers versus Tampa Bay. Instead, the New Orleans offense sputtered to a halt and Jameis Winston spent the day heaving ill-fated throws to Chris Olave, who saw 13 targets. If the Saints can get on track versus the Panthers in Week 3, Landry could rebound with a FLEX-worthy day. However, the "if" is doing some heavy lifting there.

- NBCSportsEDGE

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Jarvis Landry's (foot) injury is not believed to be serious.​

Landry will undergo additional tests on Monday to determine the severity of his injury, but it sounds like the team thinks he'll be okay after being forced from Sunday's game against the Panthers. Landry caught seven passes for 114 yards in his Week 1 performance against the Falcons but has been held to six catches for 47 combined yards over the last two games. Even if healthy, Landry will be hard to trust in Week 4 against the Vikings.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sep 26, 2022, 10:48 AM ET

Jarvis Landry (ankle) was limited in Thursday's practice.​

Playing through the injury in Week 4, Landry was mostly a bystander in Andy Dalton's offense. He had just two targets for seven yards, though he was wide open on New Orleans' two-point attempt in the fourth quarter. Seattle's defense brings him on to the FLEX line, but he'll be hard to trust with the amount of usage he's had the last three weeks.
Oct 6, 2022, 5:03 PM ET

Jarvis Landry (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.​

Landry was a limited participant in all three practices last week, so his DNP status today counts as a downgrade. We don't want to read into this too much, but it is a concerning sign for his availability in Week 6. Outside of Week 1, Landry has just 54 receiving yards in three appearcnes. His absence hurts the Saints' passing attack more than it hurts fantasy managers.
Oct 12, 2022, 4:35 PM ET

Saints WR Jarvis Landry (ankle) practiced on Thursday.​

However, he did not participate for the entire session. It's hard to know entirely what to make of that -- could be a setback, could be nothing -- but it's positive news for Landry that he made it out in the first place. Landry should still be considered on the pessimistic side of questionable for Week 9 until we see another practice.
SOURCE: Katherine Terrell on Twitter
Nov 3, 2022, 3:40 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread