What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jalen Reagor, NE (1 Viewer)

I think I would put Reagor about on par with an early 2nd. Maybe equivalent in value to Elijah Moore. His rookie year wasn't that bad. He had bad TD luck but if you give him a 16 game pace, it was 615 yards. It is comparable to what we saw from guys like Godwin, Allen Robinson, Diggs. Also the Eagles had the 7th fewest passing yards and 9th fewest passing TDs, the lowest completion %, the 2nd most interceptions, 2nd worst passer rating and took the most QB sacks. This wasn't a spot where a rookie WR could be expected to thrive. 

I've bought a handful of shares for pretty cheap this offseason but it was FFPC before cuts. I love 2nd year WRs and he is probably too cheap right now.

Eagles WR Jalen Reagor said he will play in the slot and outside this year.

Reagor played most of his snaps at outside receiver last year but it sounds like he'll move into the slot far more often in his second season. The former first-round pick posted a 57-percent catch rate as a rookie and struggled with drops in college so some high-percentage targets from the slot could be good for his development. Reagor caught just 31 passes for 396 yards and a lone touchdown as a rookie. With DeVonta Smith joining the team and likely taking on a sizable role as a rookie, Reagor is nothing more than a late-round flier for fantasy purposes. 

SOURCE: Geoff Mosher on Twitter

May 25, 2021, 1:52 PM ET

Eagles WR Jalen Reagor said he'll play in the slot in 2021. 

It's not entirely clear how much Reagor will play from the slot this season; players often exaggerate their supposedly shifting roles. Reagor in his rookie season saw just 20.3 percent of his targets from the slot, a position occupied primarily by converted QB Greg Ward, who remains on the Eagles' roster. Reagor caught seven of 11 slot targets for 33 yards in 2020. Reagor is likely to function as the team's deep threat, with Ward, DeVonta Smith, and Dallas Goedert eating up intermediate targets from Jalen Hurts. 

RELATED: 

Devonta Smith

, Greg Ward

SOURCE: Martin Frank on Twitter 

May 26, 2021, 9:58 AM ET

More slot work and a new staff are all good things for him. I’m holding out a little hope he become a WR2-3 for fantasy once he gets his feet under him. The reports were really positive coming out of camp last year (more so than even the usual hot air we hear on everyone) so that’s giving me reason to believe.

More slot work and a new staff are all good things for him. I’m holding out a little hope he become a WR2-3 for fantasy once he gets his feet under him. The reports were really positive coming out of camp last year (more so than even the usual hot air we hear on everyone) so that’s giving me reason to believe.
He also had that hand injury that really screwed up his development.   Not to mention the worst qb in the league 

Back in all in (just traded Chase Edmonds for him in a dynasty league). 

He did have some really bad timing with injuries last year. He was getting a ton of buzz in camp, then the shoulder injury that was expected to keep him out the 1st month of the season. He came back from that way ahead of schedule, and then busted his hand a couple weeks later.  Hopefully he can get a nice full offseason and season this year.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Jalen Reagor failed the Eagles' conditioning test on Wednesday. 

As did Dallas Goedert. Reagor also picked up "lower-body tightness" in the process. Via sources, Jeff McLane reports Reagor "wasn’t physically or mentally ready to pass the test" following the murder of a childhood friend. The Eagles believe that unspeakable tragedy has affected Reagor's "readiness and performance at the start of camp." Reagor is on the spot following a disappointing rookie campaign, but he is far from the first player to fail his initial conditioning test. He still has plenty of time to get in a groove before Week 1. Goedert's failed test was reportedly the result of misunderstanding the instructions for the workout.  

RELATED: 

Dallas Goedert

SOURCE: Philadelphia Inquirer 

Jul 29, 2021, 10:21 PM ET

The clear leader between Mailata and Dillard in Roob’s observations

Excerpt:

I like how Sirianni has been completely supportive of Jalen Reagor as he tries to get himself into shape while coping with the murder of a childhood friend. There’s a time to be a hard-### and a time not to be, and Nick understands that. This is a 22-year-old kid dealing with something very difficult. That said, I’m not sure a healthy Reagor beats out Travis Fulgham. I like how Fulgham, coming off that brutal second half last year, has bounced back in the early days of camp. He’s been confident, aggressive and physical going up for the football, like he did during that five-week stretch where he was the best WR in the league. I’m not convinced a healthy, fit Reagor is better than Fulgham.

Eagles WR Jalen Reagor has passed his conditioning test and is now a full participant in training camp.

Reagor originally failed his conditioning test, but it was an understandable shortcoming given he was dealing with the death of a close friend. He worked individually with trainers on the side during the first few days of camp, and the second-year pro is all the way back and practicing fully with the rest of the team now. It's far too early to write Reagor off, especially since he'll have more opportunities to impress with first-round pick (and presumed WR1) DeVonta Smith sidelined for a few weeks with a minor knee injury.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Philadelphia

Aug 3, 2021, 4:14 PM ET

Finally some positive blurbs about JR.  He's making plays vs the Pats in joint practices.  He made a sick one-handed grab in the end zone.   

Pretty awesome. Love to see this, but IIRC wasn't JJAW getting rave reviews the last couple of offseasons too? Hoping JR keeps it up into the regular season.
Lol, he got some rave-ish reviews recently I saw while reading for Reagor.  There's a bunch of clips of JR roasting guys and making catches though.  That one hander was the most spectacular.  

Lol, he got some rave-ish reviews recently I saw while reading for Reagor.  There's a bunch of clips of JR roasting guys and making catches though.  That one hander was the most spectacular.  
His one hander last week was almost as good. 

Hopefully he can figure out how to play with 22 guys on the field…..he won’t achieve fantasy relevance by just making great 1-handed catches….
There's been some other footage of him creating separation with routes and catching passes with 2 hands. He's going to get a huge chance again with the injury to Smith. He may end up being Corey Coleman 2.0: super athlete who lacks the dedication to be a refined professional. Reagor is a very good prospect who has the physical gifts to be a good NFL WR if he can put it all together. 

metoo said:
It's happening.

https://twitter.com/EliotShorrParks/status/1427629131991330823

Nick Sirianni says Jalen Reagor’s 1v1 reps yesterday were “special” Says he can see Reagor’s elite athleticism starting to pair up with strong fundamentals #Eagles
I like that earlier in camp Sirianni was really on his case, chewing him out, etc. Reagor seemed to take it positively, saying he wanted tough coaching. Now we are hearing positive things from coach. That carries more weight than just a whole summer of fluff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Catching Up: Young Birds WRs Rounding Into Form

Excerpt:

Working within the confines of the end zone, Jalen Reagor demonstrated innate body control Tuesday, acrobatically reeling in a Jalen Hurts pass by adjusting in mid-air to gain position on Patriots defensive back Michael Jackson Sr. Jackson Sr. never had a chance. Reagor, the second-year Eagles receiver, had accented the play with a spectacular, one-handed snag.

But Tuesday’s joint practice was merely a byproduct of what had been brewing from Monday's joint practice session with the Patriots. And really, for the better part of the summer. After a rough start to camp, Reagor, last year's first-round pick, has rounded into form.

“I really like the development that's happened,” head coach Nick Sirianni said. "The thing with Jalen yesterday, what I was real impressed with, was particularly his 1-on-1s. "I thought he had a good day all together. But his 1-on-1s now were special, and he was starting to use some techniques that we want him to see because we all know that he has phenomenal athleticism, right? And so it was like ... Can you put that football ability and your athleticism and can you combine fundamentals and technique with it – and that's when you reach your ceiling.”

Reagor entered training camp with much to prove following a rookie season marred by confidence woes, detail lapses, and incredulously stagnant play-calling. If the Eagles’ aerial attack is to shake off last year's disappointment, however, Reagor represents the key to unlocking its potential.

While Reagor must continue to hone in on the finer nuances of the position and stack positive practices, the 22-year-old pass-catcher is playing decidedly faster and with infinitely more confidence than at this time last year. The former TCU star appears dialed in on the task, and early returns indicate that has responded well to the hands-on approach of a new-look coaching staff in Year 2.

Jalen Reagor caught 5-of-8 targets for 53 yards in the Eagles' Week 3 loss to the Cowboys.

The 53 yards are Reagor's most across the first three weeks, and the sophomore led the Eagles in targets in this one with Philly playing from behind most of the night and calling just three run plays to its running backs. Reagor has 19 targets Weeks 1-3 and is little more than a WR5 ahead of a Week 4 date with the Chiefs.

Sep 27, 2021, 11:59 PM ET

Jalen Reagor caught one pass for nine yards in Week 4 against the Chiefs.

Reagor was only targeted once despite Jalen Hurts being forced to throw with the Eagles trailing in the second half. The down game comes after Reagor posted a season-high in yards and led the Eagles in targets last week. Reagor now has a 14/116/1 line through Philly's first four games.

Jalen Reagor was held catchless on three targets in the Eagles' Week 6 loss to the Bucs. 

Although he posted a doughnut in the box score, Reagor actually had the Eagles' two biggest plays of the night, drawing 45- and 50-yard DPI penalties to set the Eagles up at the Bucs' five and 25, respectively. He was also blatantly interfered with on what would have been a short completion. Reagor helped his team this evening but has done extremely little for fantasy managers, averaging 3/23. The Raiders are on tap for Week 7. 

Oct 15, 2021, 12:55 AM ET

Eagles coach Nick Sirianni said the team is hopeful Jalen Reagor (ankle) plays in Week 9 against the Chargers.

Sirianni didn't get into specifics on Reagor's ankle injury, only saying "we'll see as the week progresses." Reagor was carted off versus the Lions on Sunday and did not return. Reagor only has one game with more than a dozen PPR points and will now be playing at less than full health. Fantasy managers can cut ties with him in all but deep leagues.

SOURCE: Zach Berman on Twitter

Nov 1, 2021, 3:14 PM ET

Jalen Reagor (ankle) returned to Eagles practice Thursday, getting in a "limited" session. 

It's a great sign just four days after Reagor had to be carted off the field in Detroit. It is still far from a guarantee he is ready to suit up against the Chargers' foreboding pass defense. Both Reagor's health and matchup have him off the WR4 map this week. 

SOURCE: Zach Berman on Twitter 

Nov 4, 2021, 3:40 PM ET

Speaking Wednesday, both GM Howie Roseman and coach Nick Sirianni expressed disappointment in Jalen Reagor's second season.

The Eagles infamously picked Reagor with the 21st overall pick in the 2020 draft, one spot ahead of Justin Jefferson, citing Reagor being a "better fit" in their offense. That "better fit" has produced a total of 64 catches for 695 yards and three touchdowns across 28 games while Jefferson has over 3,000 yards and 17 scores in three more games of action as the elite of the elite at his position. Sirianni admitted Reagor is going into the offseason as the Eagles' third wideout behind DeVonta Smith and Quez Watkins. There's no reason the Eagles shouldn't be looking for more help at the position. Reagor is likely entering a make-or-break year in Philly.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Philadelphia

Jan 19, 2022, 1:26 PM ET

I had high hopes for this guy coming out of college but am now left to wonder “how is he so bad?”
You & me both!  I wondered if it was the Phil Coaches or the OC...  if he departs and we see him explode, yeah, it was Coaching ...  but hard to be so much of a bust without some key factor.  

Only one thing to do, change the scenery...trade Reagor for Harry, a bust for a bust...Pats need speed and Harry is a good blocker so he'll help out Hurts...they will both still be bad but now Pats and Eagles fans won't have to watch them and be mad their team used a #1 on them instead of players like AJ Brown, Deebo or Jefferson.

Only one thing to do, change the scenery...trade Reagor for Harry, a bust for a bust...Pats need speed and Harry is a good blocker so he'll help out Hurts...they will both still be bad but now Pats and Eagles fans won't have to watch them and be mad their team used a #1 on them instead of players like AJ Brown, Deebo or Jefferson.
Or Mims

I had high hopes for this guy coming out of college but am now left to wonder “how is he so bad?”
Same. I think a part rests on the eagles rushing him back from injury twice as a rookie, and the fans constant comps to Jefferson while he was struggling through the injuries. Those things seemed to do a number on his psyche. Does that make him soft? IDK, but putting young players in a  good mental space to succeed seems to be something good franchises do more often. 

Dov Kleiman @NFL_DovKleiman

NFL teams have interest in trading for #Eagles WR Jalen Reagor, a 2020 1st round pick, per @GeoffMosherNFL Reagor played all 17 games last year, catching 33 passes for less than 300 yards with only 9.1 yards per catch. Eagles took him ahead of Justin Jefferson in the Draft.
I wouldn't think they would get much.  What do you think he's worth?

he has speed and decent body control. very raw, he needs to land somewhere he can grow into his own. but for now the narrative is a first round receiver who coudln't cut it as a special teamer even, on a team that really had very very limited options at receiver. would be a steal to get a second round pick imo. howie's a magician, so i'd put the bar right there.

he has speed and decent body control. very raw, he needs to land somewhere he can grow into his own. but for now the narrative is a first round receiver who coudln't cut it as a special teamer even, on a team that really had very very limited options at receiver. would be a steal to get a second round pick imo. howie's a magician, so i'd put the bar right there.
I sure can't see anyone giving a 2nd round pick.  Maybe a 4th.

I wouldn't think they would get much.  What do you think he's worth?
A day 3 pick seems reasonable to see if a change of scenery and coaching can turn things around for Jalen Reagor. 

Ex-GM explains return Eagles could look for in Reagor trade

Excerpt:

Tannenbaum, speaking with ESPN's Tim McManus this week, had this to say about Reagor's trade value:

"'Sometimes a fresh start is good for both sides and [Reagor] may be a guy where a fresh start is worth it,' Tannenbaum said. 'This year's draft is littered with receivers again, you have a [No.] 1 in DeVonta Smith, so of the [players] we talked about, he would be the guy I'd probably consider moving on from.'

As far as compensation, Tannenbaum said, 'If you could get a fourth-round pick, I'd think you have to really consider it.'"

A fourth-round pick? That's a no-brainer. Whether it's used as ammo to acquire a quarterback next year or simply turned used as it stands, the odds are good the Eagles will get more value and production out of the pick than Reagor.

And while some might scoff at the idea of any team giving up a fourth-round pick for Reagor right now, I wouldn't totally write it off. 

The guy's only 23 years old and he comes with a first-round pedigree (even if the pick was a stretch), making him a perfect reclamation project for some coach out there silly enough to think he can turn a bust into a diamond in the rough.

I personally wouldn't bet on Reagor's upside - because I have seen precious little over two seasons - but if Roseman can find someone who would, he should pull the trigger.
I personally wouldn’t give up a fourth round pick but a fifth or sixth round pick?

Sure - why not?

The NFL Draft hit rate in those rounds is fairly low so it might be worth taking a shot at seeing if you could reclaim him.

I sure can't seen anyone giving a 2nd round pick.  Maybe a 4th.
second is pie in the sky, i agree. he's young, so i think someone would take a chance on him with a third. he should have been drafted in the second anyway and he did play in a system in flux with Wentz to Hurts, neither of whom inspire much in the passing game. i guess it's because i bought into him early, i wish him the best and hopefully there's a resurrection somewhere. he needs out of philly.

A day 3 pick seems reasonable to see if a change of scenery and coaching can turn things around for Jalen Reagor. 

Ex-GM explains return Eagles could look for in Reagor trade

Excerpt:

I personally wouldn’t give up a fourth round pick but a fifth or sixth round pick?

Sure - why not?

The NFL Draft hit rate in those rounds is fairly low so it might be worth taking a shot at seeing if you could reclaim him.
A late fourth seems like the best the Eagles could get.   Reagor has speed but showed next to nothing last season.   

Users who are viewing this thread