What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Darius Slayton, NYG (1 Viewer)

***deserves***
You deserve based on what you produce in this league. Maybe there are mitigating circumstances as to why he hasn't produced more which are out of his control (bad QB play for example) but those are the breaks.

Over the last 4 years he's basically done what Darnell Mooney, Jakobi Meyers and Allen Lazard have statistically. Those guys get paid $11-13mil a season.

Players who get paid $20mil a season are Chris Godwin, Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper.

If you think Slayton deserves to be paid like the guys in that 2nd list then you simply haven't been paying attention to what the players in the relative pay tiers have actually done these past several years. You don't get paid for hypotheticals, unless you're dealing with the Browns. They'll pay you whatever you want regardless it seems
That's not what I said.
It's a narrative you're creating.
If you quoted what I did say, you'd know

Guy deserves 20 mil per or more.
You said he deserves $20mil or more.

That's the only narrative I'm seeing here.
What I have responded with is based on his statistical output, not a story I've made about up about him 'deserving' something he doesn't.

Guy deserves 20 mil per or more.
You said he deserves $20mil or more.

That's the only narrative I'm seeing here.
What I have responded with is based on his statistical output, not a story I've made about up about him 'deserving' something he doesn't.
I explained how his whole career he is always a backup (sometimes even a projected cut) every off-season and then he leads the team in receiving, only to be a backup almost cut again the next offseason.
Have you ever seen a WR go from WR1 to WR5 like this? He deserves 20 mil. They've never paid the guy what he earned.
I also said they won't pay him that. Their GM is exceptionally cheap w WRs.

He seems expendable now, no? A starting trio of Nabers, Hyatt, and Robinson looks solid. Two backups in Hodgins and McKenzie can step in when needed. I would ship him to a stronger team for a 2025 6th rounder and let them give a large contract.
This post is essentially a microcosm of his career.
You led the Giants in receiving. Thanks for coming thru when we needed you. Nice season!
Next year....quote above...guy never gets paid what he earned

I explained how his whole career he is always a backup (sometimes even a projected cut) every off-season and then he leads the team in receiving, only to be a backup almost cut again the next offseason.
Have you ever seen a WR go from WR1 to WR5 like this? He deserves 20 mil. They've never paid the guy what he earned.
He has never produced anything close to the amount that wide receivers who get paid $20mil a year do.

Over the last 4 seasons this is what receivers who get paid $20mil have done.

Keenan Allen - 4125 - 25
Chris Godwin - 3990 - 17
DJ Moore - 4602 - 23
Mike Evans - 4420 - 46
Amari Cooper - 4389 - 27

Darius Slayton - 2584 - 11

Players who have had similar production to Darius Slayton over the last 4 years.

Jakobi Meyers - 3206 - 16
Darnell Mooney - 2593 - 11
Allen Lazard - 2063 - 18.

These players are paid in the realm of $12mil a year.

When you produce 60% of the numbers, you get paid 40% less. Whether you've been the teams 1 or 5 is irrelevant. You get paid for what you do, not who you're perceived to be. He does not deserve to get paid $20mil a year, he does not and has not produced at a level that warrants it.

I don't really understand your argument Bri. Just because he's been the Giants WR1 does not mean he deserves to be paid like a guy who is substantially more productive than he has been.

He has never produced anything close to the amount that wide receivers who get paid $20mil a year do.

Over the last 4 seasons this is what receivers who get paid $20mil have done.

Keenan Allen - 4125 - 25
Chris Godwin - 3990 - 17
DJ Moore - 4602 - 23
Mike Evans - 4420 - 46
Amari Cooper - 4389 - 27

Darius Slayton - 2584 - 11

Players who have had similar production to Darius Slayton over the last 4 years.

Jakobi Meyers - 3206 - 16
Darnell Mooney - 2593 - 11
Allen Lazard - 2063 - 18.

These players are paid in the realm of $12mil a year.

When you produce 60% of the numbers, you get paid 40% less. Whether you've been the teams 1 or 5 is irrelevant. You get paid for what you do, not who you're perceived to be. He does not deserve to get paid $20mil a year, he does not and has not produced at a level that warrants it.

I don't really understand your argument Bri. Just because he's been the Giants WR1 does not mean he deserves to be paid like a guy who is substantially more productive than he has been.
Enjoy your narrative

Users who are viewing this thread