What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Breshad Perriman, IND (1 Viewer)

If you want to stash him - doubt he has much value for a few weeks
Pretty sure that will work out by Halloween, though.

Somebody dropped him in my longtime league this week. I was shocked. WTF did you draft him in the first place? Nothing has changed except he's started running and doing light drills.

They desperately need a vertical option. Not expecting a blowup second half but he'll definitely be a factor and FF relevant.

Not expecting a blowup second half but he'll definitely be a factor and FF relevant.
I'm expecting basically a lost season and next to no FF relevance. At best a situation deep threat guy and you won't even see that until around midseason and those are not the kind of players I ever put in my lineup anyway.
its about potential...ive had worse sitting on my bench plenty of times ...if ths kid plays like a 1st rd talent then its a shot worth taking

Not expecting a blowup second half but he'll definitely be a factor and FF relevant.
I'm expecting basically a lost season and next to no FF relevance. At best a situation deep threat guy and you won't even see that until around midseason and those are not the kind of players I ever put in my lineup anyway.
True, but with how bare my league waiver wires look now, this guy could be the legitimate best option out there.

What are the chances he has ODB like fantasy relevance this year? First rnd draft pick, crazy measurables, Flacco can definitely sling it, and a good Oline.

Didn't ODB sit for the first part of last season. Not saying similar results but I'm far from writing this kid off.

What are the chances he has ODB like fantasy relevance this year? First rnd draft pick, crazy measurables, Flacco can definitely sling it, and a good Oline.
since it's happened once in the history of the NFL I'd say the chances are pretty remote.

Still think Parker has a better chance of growing into ODB second half than Breshad has of reaching that standard.

Most likely case is still neither being relevant till 2016.

Perriman hasn't done anything football-related since July. And he was very raw coming in. This is not an ODB situation. Beckham was NFL-ready, and just needed to get healthy and on the field. Perriman is not going to do that. He'll be strictly a deep threat, and could see 4-5 TDs scattered over 12 games, but he won't be seeing nearly enough targets to be startable.

I cut him loose today.

Rotoworld:

Breshad Perriman (knee) has been ruled out for Week 3.
As expected. There is some long-shot hope Perriman could return for Week 4 in Baltimore's Thursday night date with Pittsburgh, but the more realistic target date would be Week 5 in a game that will be played on October 11. Either way, Perriman is worth stashing in all 12- and 14-team fantasy leagues as a player who could be leaned on heavily as the season progresses. The Ravens are painfully short on offensive weapons behind 36-year-old Steve Smith Sr.

Sep 25 - 3:17 PM

Jeff Zrebiec@jeffzrebiecsun 6m6 minutes ago
Perriman just pulled up lame in end zone trying to get a deep ball.

Jeff Zrebiec@jeffzrebiecsun 5m5 minutes ago
WR coach Bobby Engram going to see Perriman who is bent over behind the end zone. Now he's walking with a more obvious limp.

Jeff Zrebiec@jeffzrebiecsun 1m1 minute ago
Perriman ran a post route and pulled up as he tried to kick it in extra gear. Wasn't happening. Now, he's trying to walk it off.
well THAT doesnt sound good

Starting to get worried he doesn't play this year which is scary, but if he does return, I think a Martavis Bryant type rookie season is more realistic than ODB.

MASSHOLE said:
pretty safe to drop him in redraft right? Whats the time table for a scope?
If he plays at all, he will be completely ineffective. He hasn't practiced since July, has poor hands, and needed help learning the pro game. Easy drop in redraft.

M####### said:
If he plays at all, he will be completely ineffective. He hasn't practiced since July, has poor hands, and needed help learning the pro game. Easy drop in redraft.
Not sure about that. Flacco is dying for a deep threat, as soon as he's able to play he might be getting targeted deep a few times a game. And he can still study film and learn the offense while recovering.

M####### said:
Not sure about that. Flacco is dying for a deep threat, as soon as he's able to play he might be getting targeted deep a few times a game. And he can still study film and learn the offense while recovering.

Rotoworld:

Ravens coach John Harbaugh remains hopeful Breshad Perriman (knee) will play this year.

"Does seem like there's progress being made. He's not on I.R. yet, so there's a shot," Harbaugh said. Perriman remains without a timetable to practice. He isn't close to returning, but the Ravens haven't ruled out him playing late in the season.

Source: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Oct 28 - 6:21 PM

The Ravens picked up TE Chase Ford from the Vikings practice squad. Perhaps due to the spot opened up by putting Perriman on IR?

They didn't pick up Ford for his blocking.

Still can't understand why so many put this guy above DGB in dynasty rankings.

He has sat a year and has to overcome an injury while DGB played

Is Perriman worth a stash as a keeper-eligible for next year?
As much as I like the scenario, or possible talent........... this is a spot where he has done absolutely nothing in the NFL correct?

I like to gamble as much as the next guy, but one would think there are better options, or at least something a bit more bankable as a keeper.

Are you in a league with a large number of keeper spots per team? Just wondering........... Then it may make sense.

TZM

I took a beating in this thread back in march trying to slow peoples roll on Perriman after a really fast pro day time.

All those folks and Ozzie Newsome bought the cheese with this move.

I took a beating in this thread back in march trying to slow peoples roll on Perriman after a really fast pro day time.

All those folks and Ozzie Newsome bought the cheese with this move.
Well, in all fairness, the story isn't written yet. For this year, sure, it looks like DGB>Perriman but a lot can change next year if Perriman comes in and is successful. For all we know, DGB might be a guy who never develops, despite the potential (like CMIKE) or Perriman may not either. Point being, it is probably too early to call.

Brett is not doing well. I hope he gets better and gets to see his boy play well in the NFL

I was always enamored with Torrey's size and talent. He had what? 3 ok years, 1 good year? I hope both he and Breshad are better than Torrey has been.

Kamar Aiken stepped up in a huge way last year. He even handled #1 WR duties and did fine against quality CBs. He is going to fit in here somewhere. It seems he's forgotten by FF folks and fans thus far. Flacco and he built up a rapport last year. Don't discard him too too quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread