What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why is everyone sleeping on Rashad Jennings? (1 Viewer)

Dr. Octopus said:
• Rookie running back Andre Williams didn't look good catching the ball. This was a concern coming into camp. During a pass-catching drill, the B.C. product completely missed a swing pass out near the right sideline. It appeared he picked up the ball, which was thrown with good pace, rather late.

In 11-on-11 drills, Williams dropped an easy screen pass on his first practice rep of the day. Later he caught a pass with his facemask. Williams still has some work to do here in training camp. He wasn't much of a pass-catcher in high school or at Boston College. He'll need to improve in order to be a major factor in this offense.
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/07/giants_training_camp_practice_report_day_4_eli_manning_looks_sharp_in_new_offense.html
I like Williams but watching him in the pass catching drills at the combine was painful.
how does he look catching ping pong balls?
I'd imagine pretty foolish.
Dr. Octopus said:
• Rookie running back Andre Williams didn't look good catching the ball. This was a concern coming into camp. During a pass-catching drill, the B.C. product completely missed a swing pass out near the right sideline. It appeared he picked up the ball, which was thrown with good pace, rather late.

In 11-on-11 drills, Williams dropped an easy screen pass on his first practice rep of the day. Later he caught a pass with his facemask. Williams still has some work to do here in training camp. He wasn't much of a pass-catcher in high school or at Boston College. He'll need to improve in order to be a major factor in this offense.
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/07/giants_training_camp_practice_report_day_4_eli_manning_looks_sharp_in_new_offense.html
I like Williams but watching him in the pass catching drills at the combine was painful.
how does he look catching ping pong balls?
I'd imagine pretty foolish.
LOL. Williams caught the ball much better at his Pro Day. In fact, he looked pretty good. Coughlin also made a comment recently that he didn't come there as a complete RB, but he's well on his way.

There's no doubt Williams has improved as a receiver and those who don't draft Williams simply because of how he caught the ball at the Combine will be making a big mistake. He might never be more than a mediocre receiver, but that's ok. I obviously like him more in non-PPR leagues, but he still has a lot of upside in PPR leagues simply because of his raw running skills.

I expect him to be their starter no later than the start of the 2015 season. Not sure how much he'll be used this season other than as a short yardage/GL back, but I suspect he'll get more touches as the season goes along, especially if Jennings falters or isn't impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does today's news effect your ranking of Jennings? If so ...how much?

It seems it was inevitable but there did seem to be a number of people still including Wilson in the mix.

73 yard TD. Take it to the bank. The line looks better in this game than versus buffalo.

Whatever guys, he showed he can take it to the house when the opportunity is there. It's not like anyone should be expecting any RB to do something like that on a regular basis. You just want them to capitalize on the opportunity which he did.

Whatever guys, he showed he can take it to the house when the opportunity is there. It's not like anyone should be expecting any RB to do something like that on a regular basis. You just want them to capitalize on the opportunity which he did.
Exactly my point, the o-line gave him a chance with a hole to get past the front 7 and he made the rest happen and burst for a 73 yard TD. That's the exact type of stuff you wanna see in the preseason. Also, WIlliams looking a lot more average in this game, so there's that.

Williams averaged 5 yards per carry. I will take that kind of average any day. I anticipate him taking over that backfield sooner or later. In the meantime, I made sure to add Jennings as a "handcuff". Go Jennings AND Williams!!! The present and the future!

Love Jennings in ppr leagues for sure. But Williams appears to have the first at go for goal line looks and that will cap the ceiling for Jennings. Although Jennings will have packages in the red zone because of his ability to catch passes out of the back field. I see Jennings having a season similar to a poor man's Matt Forte. Forte is/was often pulled at goal line in his career as well.

Just catching up on the replay now. Impressive run. Surprising burst, and I watched him all last year.

Gigantic hole though... but he didn't get caught.

Williams averaged 5 yards per carry. I will take that kind of average any day. I anticipate him taking over that backfield sooner or later. In the meantime, I made sure to add Jennings as a "handcuff". Go Jennings AND Williams!!! The present and the future!
Jennings averaged 17 YPC and started the game. not bad either

Just catching up on the replay now. Impressive run. Surprising burst, and I watched him all last year.

Gigantic hole though... but he didn't get caught.
Rewatching the highlight on it? It was actually about an average sized hole. If he hesitates even the slightest that hole closes on top of him. He hit that hole just as slow and just as fast as he needed too.

Jennings run was very nice he looked much faster hitting the hole than last week.

Williams also looked very good averaging 5 yards per carry and had a real nice 22 yard run called back for holding on Mosley

Just saw the long TD run.

Ho looked good, but let's face it, when you go up the middle and aren't even touched on a 73-yard run, except for an arm tackle or two that grazed him 15 yards downfield, that is some crazy good blocking/preseason defense going on. And I like Jennings this year, but I am not gonna get too excited about that play. In fact, this probably doesn't help since his stock will now rise as a result and he won't be as cheap.

Ho looked good, but let's face it, when you go up the middle and aren't even touched on a 73-yard run, except for an arm tackle or two that grazed him 15 yards downfield, that is some crazy good blocking/preseason defense going on. And I like Jennings this year, but I am not gonna get too excited about that play. In fact, this probably doesn't help since his stock will now rise as a result and he won't be as cheap.
Link

Link
Exactly see the link. haha

Look.... sometimes guys just need an opportunity and we see it time and time again especially at RB where guys are able to come out of no where and have solid fantasy seasons. Things are in line for Jennings to have one of those types of years.

As long as Andre Williams' stock keeps rising, I think Jennings price will remain about the same. Williams has climbed 4 to 5 rounds since preseason started.

Anybody worried about the passing game looking atrocious and how that may affect Jennings? I'll admit I was not convinced about him for redraft purposes this year but this preseason has changed my mind. He has looked every bit of the hype I've read, I'm just worried he'll start seeing stacked boxes since Eli is terrible.

Anybody worried about the passing game looking atrocious and how that may affect Jennings? I'll admit I was not convinced about him for redraft purposes this year but this preseason has changed my mind. He has looked every bit of the hype I've read, I'm just worried he'll start seeing stacked boxes since Eli is terrible.
So far he's seemed lights out amazing all preseason to me. But yeah, I'm a little worried about the offense as a fan and owner of them in fantasy.

My real hope? Is that this is a situation where they're not really showing the full offense in preseason and hope to light it up come regular season. Think back even to last season, nobody really saw Chip Kelly's breakout coming in Philly. And even when the regular season started, they exploded against Washington in week 1 and then kind of did much of nothing for a few weeks before finally getting consistent. That's fairly typical of a new offensive scheme.

My real point here is that so far I haven't see much of this quick hitting high percentage pass game we've been hearing about. I've seen a lot more downfield passes than I thought I would. The pass blocking seems horrible, but their run blocking has seemed amazing this whole preseason to me. Jennings has had some beautiful holes to run through. I was worried about taking Jennings in the 4/5th round in some of my drafts but this preseason ahs made me feel a lot better about it. If the passing offense can get some clicking going, Jennings could easily be a Top 10 RB this season, if not better.

So far he's seemed lights out amazing all preseason to me. But yeah, I'm a little worried about the offense as a fan and owner of them in fantasy.

My real hope? Is that this is a situation where they're not really showing the full offense in preseason and hope to light it up come regular season. Think back even to last season, nobody really saw Chip Kelly's breakout coming in Philly. And even when the regular season started, they exploded against Washington in week 1 and then kind of did much of nothing for a few weeks before finally getting consistent. That's fairly typical of a new offensive scheme.

My real point here is that so far I haven't see much of this quick hitting high percentage pass game we've been hearing about. I've seen a lot more downfield passes than I thought I would. The pass blocking seems horrible, but their run blocking has seemed amazing this whole preseason to me. Jennings has had some beautiful holes to run through. I was worried about taking Jennings in the 4/5th round in some of my drafts but this preseason ahs made me feel a lot better about it. If the passing offense can get some clicking going, Jennings could easily be a Top 10 RB this season, if not better.
Lights out amazing? ...Calm down a lot. He's looked OK and so has Williams. The running game has been surprisingly OK.

The offense overall does not look good and certainly not as dynamic as I was expecting. Eli still getting delay of game penalties is shocking.

I don't see any reason to give the NYG's offense the benefit of the doubt after last season.

Offense still looks dysfunctional.

If I were a betting man, I'd think the odds are greater that the likes of Jennings (and Cruz for that matter) hit their floor vs. their ceiling.

I think we saw him close to his best in week 3. Strong RB 2 in PPR is what I see from him. Even with Andre being a part time vulture.

Users who are viewing this thread